Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 205,894

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#154919 Nov 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
That is civil? 40,000 dead? Come on. This is Frijoles you are speaking too.
Blame the West for the idiocy of the Syrian people, as expressed through their government?
Why dont arabs EVER take responsibility for their failings?
Frijoles, the figures are bloated. The British Prime Minister made it 40,000, when it was not even 20,000.

The Arab rulers against Asad, are as bad as the Western leaders. Politically, both are in each other's pockets.

You asked a very good question. I cannot blame the entire West for all the miseries in the region.

However, I do blame the British for all the mess that they sowed and created in the region. And I blame America for foolishly carrying the baton or Britain's babies after the British lost their power and might after WWII.

Do you know who created Arab states and appointed bloody fools as heads and who they sided with just for their own gains?

You are reaping what the British sowed!

bmz

Singapore

#154920 Nov 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
Sorry, that is as pathetic as saying the Syrian government is peaceful and bombs their own out of love. Sorry, not buying that.
We are not discussing love and peace in the case of Syria. I wasn't trying to sell anything.

When people stand up fully armed against the government, it cannot be considered a peaceful protest. It becomes a rebellion and rebellion against the state must be destroyed.

Hypothetically speaking, if America became a poor country, unable to help her own disgruntled citizens and if you guys came out fully armed against your own government, it will do the same to you. The veterans will crush you.

That is why I had said that Syria is the most civil of all Arab states.

bmz

Singapore

#154921 Nov 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of speech means an Israeli can criticize the government, even a generals son, and anyone can run with that and even make a video. But dont confuse that with public opinion.
American aid is largely part of the Camp David Accords - which I dont think anyone wants to dissolve
I am sorry, but using Pakistan as an example of free speech, after that governor got murdered for blasphemy, and after that girl got attacked for wanting education, is really a WEAK argument, isnt it?
The governor was not murdered by the government and neither was the girl attacked by the government. The persons, who did that, were miserable Bs.

Public opinion in Israel is not 100% in favour of the Israeli regime. I know that well.

Freedom of speech has nothing to do with isolated incidents of killing.

The monetary aid should stop. I consider that a heinous crime. Why does Israel need aid, if it has a good economy? Why does Egypt need aid? Let them work hard and make money. I consider monetary aid a bribery and corruption. China closed her doors for thirty years and has become the richest country through hard work.

If you keep on giving fish to people, every day, they will not work hard. They will wait for you and fish. Instead teach them how to fish!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#154924 Nov 25, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and your backward thinking, trying to make yourself look innocent. and trying to make G-D look guilty, is a sin against G-D.
rabbee: and your backward thinking, trying to make yourself look innocent. and trying to make G-D look guilty, is a sin against G-D

HughBe---The truth is I am not speaking about myself and so you are incorrect in what you have said. Your other point about trying to make God look guilty is also an error.

I think that your problem is that what I am saying to you is new and so you need a little time to digest and think about it.

Read my comments again, see below.

Rabbee---: G-D does NOT, give ALLOWANCES to angels, or Angels. G-D is in precise control of all of TheAngels and angels.

HughBe--- If you say so. By the way, the story of Job pops into my mind.(Put it this way He ALLOWED Satan to afflict Job and this contradicts your point)

I take it that God directs all the evil on earth as well as the evil of Satan.(My point is valid given that He "is in precise control of all of TheAngels and angels")

Rabbee---all physical events, are under G-D'S PRECISE control

HughBe-- If you are correct, I would call it LACK of CONTROL given that He HATES EVIL.(Again my point is valid, UNLESS God likes the EVIL in this world. I have a problem with your idea of PRECISE CONTROL for may reasons including this one"Thou/God art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity")

bmz

Singapore

#154925 Nov 25, 2012
Ok, Frijoles, enough for today. I have to go to bed now. Have a good day.

I just wish to tell you that if you put Israeli leaders to a Lie Detector test, the machine will print out immediately upon the first contact, "'Liars!' Disconnect immediately. No need to test!"

For the Palestinians, the machine will analyze and print out "Angry men".
ya heba

Australia

#154926 Nov 25, 2012
Buford wrote:
Muslim bathroom etiquette
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/2532
Excerpts:
Islamic sharee’ah includes a number of rules and manners to be followed when answering the call of nature, including the following:
Not to face the qiblah (direction of prayer, i.e. the Ka’bah which was built in Makkah by Ibrahim, upon whom be peace, as commanded by Allaah) when urinating or defecating. This is out of respect for the Qiblah and for the symbols and rituals of Allaah. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:“When any one of you sits down to answer the call of nature, he should not face the qiblah or turn his back towards it.”(Reported by Muslim, 389).
He should not touch his penis with his right hand when urinating, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:“When any one of you urinates, he should not hold his penis in his right hand or clean it with his right hand; and (when drinking), he should not breathe into the vessel.”(Reported by al-Bukhaari, 150).
He should not remove najaasah (impurity) with his right hand; the left hand should be used for this purpose, because of the hadeeth quoted above, and because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:“When any one of you wipes himself, he should not use his right hand.”(Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5199). The Prophet’s wife Hafsah (may Allaah be pleased with her) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to use his right hand for eating, drinking, making wudoo’, getting dressed, and giving and taking things, and he used to use his left hand for other things.(Reported by Imaam Ahmad; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 4912). Abu Hurayrah reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:“When any one of you cleans himself, he should not use his right hand, he should use his left hand.”(Reported by Ibn Maajah, 308; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 322).
The Sunnah is to answer the call of nature sitting, making oneself close to the ground, because this is more concealing, and makes it less likely that spray from one's urine will come back on one’s body or clothes, making them dirty. If a person can be sure of avoiding this, then it is permissible to urinate standing up.
It is also good manners according to Sharee’ah to recite certain adhkaar (supplications) when entering or leaving the toilet, which are quite appropriate to the situation and place. Our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us that when entering the toilet, we should say:“Allaahumma innee a’oodhi bika min al-khubthi wa’l-khabaa’ith (O Allah, I seek refuge with You from male and female devils).” When leaving the toilet, he should say:“Ghufraanak (I seek Your forgiveness).”
He should be careful to remove all impurity after answering the call of nature, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned against being careless in cleaning oneself after urinating:“Most of the punishment of the grave will be because of urine.”(Reported by Ibn Maajah, 342; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1202). Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) passed by two graves, and said:“They are being punished, but they are not being punished for any major sin. One of them used not to protect himself (i.e. keep himself clean from) his urine, and the other used to walk about spreading malicious gossip.”(Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5592).

West Orange, NJ

#154927 Nov 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and your backward thinking, trying to make yourself look innocent. and trying to make G-D look guilty, is a sin against G-D
HughBe---The truth is I am not speaking about myself and so you are incorrect in what you have said. Your other point about trying to make God look guilty is also an error.
I think that your problem is that what I am saying to you is new and so you need a little time to digest and think about it.
Rabbee---: G-D does NOT, give ALLOWANCES to angels, or Angels. G-D is in precise control of all of TheAngels and angels.
HughBe--- If you say so. By the way, the story of Job pops into my mind.(Put it this way He ALLOWED Satan to afflict Job and this contradicts your point)
I take it that God directs all the evil on earth as well as the evil of Satan.(My point is valid given that He "is in precise control of all of TheAngels and angels")
HughBe-- If you are correct, I would call it LACK of CONTROL given that He HATES EVIL.(Again my point is valid, UNLESS God likes the EVIL in this world. I have a problem with your idea of PRECISE CONTROL for may reasons including this one"Thou/God art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity")
YOU will burn in hell
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#154928 Nov 25, 2012
Shield wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU will burn in hell
I look forward to it.
ya heba

Australia

#154929 Nov 25, 2012
waky95 wrote:
And from among [God's] signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Do not bow down in worship to the sun or to the moon, but bow down to the God (Allah) who created them, if it is truly Him you serve.(Quran, 41:37)
How much clearer could the Quran be? This single verse is enough to refute the entire moon-god theory: the Quran, the holy book of Islam, categorically forbids worship of the moon. Although this verse does indicate that moon-worship existed in pre-Islamic Arabia, it should be remembered that the moon was but one of many objects the pagan Arabs worshiped and the Quran categorically rejected and forbade such worship. Allah was not the moon according to Islamic theory; rather, He created the moon, along with the sun, the stars, and everything else.
Your Lord is God (Allah), who created the heavens and earth in six Days, then established Himself on the throne; He makes the night cover the day in swift pursuit; He created the sun, moon, and stars to be subservient to His command; all creation and command belong to Him. Exalted be God, Lord of all the worlds!(Quran, 7:54)
It is He (God) who made the sun a lamp, and the moon a light.(Quran, 10:5)
It is God (Allah) who raised up the heavens with no visible supports and then established Himself on the throne; He has subjected the sun and the moon each to pursue its course for an appointed time; He regulates all things…(Quran, 13:2)
It is He (Allah) who created night and day, the sun and the moon, each floating in its orbit.(Quran, 21:33)
They ask you about the crescent moons. Say:“They are time-marks for the people and help determine the time of Hajj (pilgrimage).”(Quran, 2:189)
[God] made the sun and the moon for reckoning time.(Quran, 6:96)
Phases and Time: The Moon has played a vital role in the formation of our Calendar. The word "month" comes from a root word "moon" or "moonth," the time it takes the Moon to go from New Moon to New Moon. A close look at the history of the Calendar can be found at the NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center.
http://astronomyonline.org/SolarSystem/MoonIn...
It seems like the Quran’s understanding of the moon is pretty spot-on: the moon helps calculate the months of the year.
paganism was introduced to those Arabs at the time when they have long forgotten and strayed from the religion of prophet Ibrahim (AS) by Amr ibn/bin Luhai.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154930 Nov 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i don't care what any one says, G-D is right. and you are presuming, that G-D has lied to me. and i am telling you, that you got it backwards. i cannot accept that G-D is the liar, that you all actually are.

and i do believe, that my having, three actual audiences with G-D. over-rules your, having none.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154931 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
Ok, Frijoles, enough for today. I have to go to bed now. Have a good day.
I just wish to tell you that if you put Israeli leaders to a Lie Detector test, the machine will print out immediately upon the first contact, "'Liars!' Disconnect immediately. No need to test!"
For the Palestinians, the machine will analyze and print out "Angry men".
rabbee: no! that, is not true. if anyone actually, believes in the lies they have been brainwashed with. a lie detector, will not regester it as a lie. truth tends to be relative to the source of the truth. no matter how untrue, it is to G-D.
Brigette

London, UK

#154932 Nov 25, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
A brief history of Israel
1897: Zionism gets established
Jews have been scattered around Europe and Russia for centuries. However, they were never welcome anywhere, except for brief periods. Not surprisingly, many Jews dreamed of having their own nation.
In 1897 Theodor Herzl officially announced the creation of the Zionist movement. The goal of Zionism was to create a nation for Jews in Palestine. Their goal was not to make friends around the world, nor to love other nations or other people.
The problem they faced was that the Arabs who were living there had no desire to give it up. Also, Turkey had control of Palestine of this time, and Turkey refused to give any part of Palestine to the Jews.
A few Jews moved into Palestine at this time, but only in small numbers were allowed in, and they could not take the land for their own nation.
The Arabs were not concerned when the first few Jews arrived. The Arabs did not realize what was coming up in the future, just as the Native Americans did not realize what was happening when the Pilgrims landed on their shore. Only after a few years, when the quantity of Jews increased, did the Arabs become angry.
There were a few Jews then and now there are millions.
This is illegal occupation by foreigners.
They must leave or get back to the tiny state they were before blaming the neighbours to justify their land theft
Eric

Lombard, IL

#154933 Nov 25, 2012
Brigette wrote:
<quoted text>
They must leave or get back to the tiny state they were before blaming the neighbours to justify their land theft
The Israelis can't help it if the Arabs started a war they didn't win. They had 2/3 of the old protectorate but wanted the 1/3 also. They lost. They refused to negotiate peace even when the Israelis offered to negotiate repatriation and borders in the early 1950's.
Broque

France

#154934 Nov 25, 2012
Lol a bunch of shameless land thieves set up an illegal state haram state of their own. And the whole world support them!!
Eric

Lombard, IL

#154935 Nov 25, 2012
Broque wrote:
Lol a bunch of shameless land thieves set up an illegal state haram state of their own. And the whole world support them!!
What's even more interesting is that what they are asking for now (1967 borders) is way less than what they had in 1948. It's less than what was offered in the 1950's in exchange for a promise of peace.

What an awful, awful waste of life. Think how many died for nothing. Think how many suffered for nothing.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154936 Nov 25, 2012
The model land thief for Muslims everywhere and for all time was Mohammad/Allah.

Qur'an:33:26 "Allah made the Jews leave their homes by terrorizing them so that you killed some and made many captive. And He made you inherit their lands, their homes, and their wealth. He gave you a country you had not traversed before."
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154937 Nov 25, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
What's even more interesting is that what they are asking for now (1967 borders) is way less than what they had in 1948. It's less than what was offered in the 1950's in exchange for a promise of peace.
What an awful, awful waste of life. Think how many died for nothing. Think how many suffered for nothing.
The most hateful thought of all for Muslims was that Jews -those cursed descendants of apes and pigs- should exercise rule over them. That's NOT how Mohammad envisioned "the divine scheme of things."
Chaoo Chaoo-ah

Newark, NJ

#154938 Nov 25, 2012
Go ahead negotiate and compromise with thieves and brigands who come in droves to steal your land.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154940 Nov 25, 2012
Brigette wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: so are you a follower of hasatan G-D hates, or baal hamolech G-D also hates. cause it don't appear you are a follower of halooseefer, G-D hates also. cause you most certainly, are not following what G-D is having done. and the foriegners, are who G-D says are the illegal aliens. no matter what you, demonicly think is true against G-D.
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154943 Nov 26, 2012
Chaoo Chaoo-ah wrote:
Go ahead negotiate and compromise with thieves and brigands who come in droves to steal your land.
Texas history is harsh, I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr Friend of all 14,455
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Nov 22 buckwheat 12
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov 22 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov 15 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov 12 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov 11 scribbles 1
Shadow Energy / Shadow Magic (Feb '08) Nov 11 scribbles 25

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE