Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
146,241 - 146,260 of 201,506 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#154876 Nov 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee---: G-D does not, give allowances to angels, or Angels. G-D is in precise control of all of TheAngels and angels.
HughBe--- If you say so. By the way, the story of Job pops into my mind. I take it that God directs all the evil on earth as well as the evil of Satan.
Rabbee---all physical events, are under G-D'S precise control
HughBe-- If you are correct, I would call it LACK of CONTROL given that He HATES EVIL.
rabbee: and your backward thinking, trying to make yourself look innocent. and trying to make G-D look guilty, is a sin against G-D.
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154885 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not true. It has nothing to do with culture. It has to do with politics. Even Pakistan is bombing her own people in the tribal belts for the love of US and the Nato. Right? Of course, the US is bombing and firing missiles using drones, not out of love. That is her war on others.
The US and the UK bombed the people of Iraq ruthlessly for no valid reason. Was it love or anger or hate?
It is all politics. No nation wants to bomb her own people. In Syria's case, the rebels are crooks and and miserable Bs. Since they have taken up arms against the government, they should be destroyed. One cannot say that all of them are Syria's own people.
The Saudi king, the Emir of Qatar and other despots have sent in their fighters and mercenaries.
So, the order of the day is to kill. If not, then be killed. I hope Syria succeeds in finishing the crooks.
Russia and China undesrtand what is going on in Syria, hence the brakes!
You still dont get it.

Here in America, when we bomb Iraq or sanction the bombing of Pakistan we KNOW it is war. We dont sugar coat it. We dont deny it.

You, on the other hand, pretend that the Syrian government is a benevolent caretaker.

No wonder you side with the Palestinian terrorists. Your entire moral universe is warped.
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154886 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, SS
I never trust any video or information from MEMRI. Besides Israel and Hamas, that organization is also a liar. MEMRI is notoriously famous for creating such videos.
When two enemies quarrel, lies multiply through accusations and in my view, both Israel and Hamas engage in lies. While Israel lies with eloquence, Hamas lies in crude style.
Creating false equivalencies again. Did you know that in Israel, there is something called free speech?
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154888 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
@ Frijoles
Have you really watched this great video from the son of an Israeli General?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oCKWDarNdGwXX&feature=rel ated
Please let me know if you consider that the man is telling the truth or he is lying. Thanks
Has it EVER occurred to you that a video entitled:
"Jewish Man Exposes Israel's Lies"
just might be a little little little little little biased?

moving on....

Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154889 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
@ Frijoles
Here is the link to the article that I was talking about.
it is an interested read.
http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2002/2915osl...
"U.S. Presidential pre-candidate Lyndon LaRouche forecast prophetically..."

Sorry, I had a hard time recovering after reading that...almost peed in my pants.....

I hope you also appreciated that article as humor as well.

(if you dont know who LaRouche was, lets just say he is a kindred spirit of Septic..)
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#154905 Nov 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You still dont get it.

Here in America, when we bomb Iraq or sanction the bombing of Pakistan we KNOW it is war. We dont sugar coat it. We dont deny it.

You, on the other hand, pretend that the Syrian government is a benevolent caretaker.

No wonder you side with the Palestinian terrorists. Your entire moral universe is warped.
No, actually, you don't get it.

America knows well that the days it could bomb nations at will, are gone! America is in a deep quagmire and the current President knows that. That is why, he told off Nethan Yahu to stop any further nonsense and accept the truce. Had Nethan Yahu ordered IDF into Ghaza, it would have been a different story this time. Things are not the same.

Let us compare the Egyptians, who protested and spent days in the Tahrir Square, with the Syrians. No armed men and gangsters were allowed in by the protesters. There were no freedom fighters. Nothing! Only people, who toppled the puppet Mubarak.

In the case of Syria, people protested. Gangsters, crooks and terrorists joined in and started fighting against the Syrian Police and soldiers. That is when the Syrian army started. I am not even a supporter of Asad and I do not consider any Arab leader benevolent to his people.

Syria is the most secular state among all the Arab states and far more civil than others. And the ignorant Western leaders in cahoot with their Arab partners, want to destroy it and have puppets installed.

And the West is supporting the hooligans, crooks, terrorists and these miserable Bs.

Neither do I support Palestinians nor do I support the Israelis. I am on record here for saying that both the Palestinians and the Israelis are bloody fools. Both are from the same stock and yet cannot sit down and talk it out.

I consider both the Israelis and the Palestinians as terrorists. Israel is a terrorist state and no one can deny this fact.

Frijoles, go to Ghaza, put a rag on your head and just get close to the border fence. Do not say anything. Just throw a few stones at the fence. Keep walking and throwing stones and you will be fired upon by IDF terrorists for throwing stones.

There was a time, when I was a strong proponent of the idea that Muslim states should recognize Israel and I used to incur the wrath of fellow Muslims. Now, I feel that Israel should be ignored as if it does not exist. This regime has to go and the Zionists also have to go.

Even my close and dear Jewish friends, who live in Israel and travel, tell me that Israel's behavior to her own Arabs, is bad. Policies are wrong and Israelis' minds have been brainwashed from childhood to hate Arabs and the Muslims. They themselves find it revulsive.

Did you watch the you-tube link that I gave you? The Israeli General's son spoke the truth. I believe him.
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154910 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
. Now, I feel that Israel should be ignored as if it does not exist. This regime has to go and the Zionists also have to go.
You almost had some aguable points until you came up with that.

Israel is not one of your arab dictatorships. It is a democracy. There is not "regime" change needed, or even a protest movement needed. Simply put, there are elections. If you dont like the will of the people, and you cant vote, then you are sht of of luck.

And the Zionists are not going anywhere. There is no Jewish people without Zionism.

Your statement brings to mind Mashaalls statement today - how he will accept a Palestinian state on 67 lines with a right of return (i.e. a demographic eradication of Israel proper). Thanks but no thanks.
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154911 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Syria is the most secular state among all the Arab states and far more civil than others. And the ignorant Western leaders in cahoot with their Arab partners, want to destroy it and have puppets installed.
That is civil? 40,000 dead? Come on. This is Frijoles you are speaking too.

Blame the West for the idiocy of the Syrian people, as expressed through their government?

Why dont arabs EVER take responsibility for their failings?
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154912 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider both the Israelis and the Palestinians as terrorists. Israel is a terrorist state and no one can deny this fact.
And you even quote Lyndon LaRouche to proove this.
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154913 Nov 25, 2012
BMZ

I was wondering where you dredged LaRouche up, and then I came across this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon_LaRouche#...

In 2002 LaRouche's Executive Intelligence Review argued that the September 11, 2001 attacks had been an "inside job" and "attempted coup d'etat," and that Iran was the first country to question it. The article received wide coverage in Iran, and was cited by senior Iranian government officials, including Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani and Hassan Rowhani. Mahmoud Alinejad writes that, in a subsequent telephone interview with the Voice of the Islamic Republic of Iran, LaRouche said the attacks had been organized by rogue elements inside the U.S., aiming to use the incident to promote a war against Islam, and that Israel was a dictatorial regime prepared to commit Nazi-style crimes against the Palestinians.[152]

-----
On an related but unrelated note :

As during the preceding decade, LaRouche and his followers denied that human civilization had harmed the environment through DDT, chluorofluorocarbons, or carbon dioxide. According to Chip Berlet, "Pro-LaRouche publications have been at the forefront of denying the reality of global warming".[154]
bmz

Singapore

#154914 Nov 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Creating false equivalencies again. Did you know that in Israel, there is something called free speech?
What good is that freedom of speech? And what good has it done for the Israelis? They still feel miserable just like Palestinians, growing up and living a life of eternal fear. Born in fear, grow in fear and die in fear. What kind of life, the Israelis and the Palestinians are living?

Did you know that Pakistan, a poor country, shattered by the useless war, has so much freedom of speech that even the Westerners do not have? Read Pakistani newspapers in English and cherish their freedom of press and speech. I don't thing American Congress men and women can speak freely like the Pakistanis. lol!

It is a different thing that the government does not care. Same goes for all Westerners. They have freedom of speech but do their governments care?

It is time that the US leaders rein in Israeli leadership, which has literally gone berserk and runs amok.

I wish to bring up something about the Western peacemakers, Americans in particular. The British could not but the Americans were mainly responsible for making peace in Ireland. Right?

If America wants to establish peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians, it can do that in a jiffy. However, I do not see any real effort from America at all.

The first step to peace is that America should stop giving aid to all parties and help her own folks, who need money and stop saying "Israel is our best friend and the greatest ally". It is really a disgusting comment. What has Israel done for America? Arabs have doen for America lots more than Israel. lol!

I would not like to talk about the next stages at this point.
bmz

Singapore

#154915 Nov 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
And you even quote Lyndon LaRouche to proove this.
I quoted a link. It is up to the readers to decide. I believe it was well-written and more factual. It is a thousand times better than what Fox tells us.
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154916 Nov 25, 2012
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-431...

In an interview aired this weekend on CNN, Mashaal said: "I accept a Palestinian state according to the 1967 borders with Jerusalem as the capital, with the right to return."

------
Ummmmm

1. There are the '49 Armistice Agreements but there are no legally, officially recognized '67 borders. So, I'm not sure what a 'state in the '67 borders' actually means.

2. Right of return means demographic eradication of Israel proper. No chance

3. Jerusalem - that same HOLY city, so HOLY that Hamas was willing to fire missiles at it with no idea WHERE they were going to land? And they expect anyone to believe they can be caretakers?

4. And what about the charter? You know, the document that calls for the killing of Jews?
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154917 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What good is that freedom of speech? And what good has it done for the Israelis? They still feel miserable just like Palestinians, growing up and living a life of eternal fear. Born in fear, grow in fear and die in fear. What kind of life, the Israelis and the Palestinians are living?
Did you know that Pakistan, a poor country, shattered by the useless war, has so much freedom of speech that even the Westerners do not have? Read Pakistani newspapers in English and cherish their freedom of press and speech. I don't thing American Congress men and women can speak freely like the Pakistanis. lol!
It is a different thing that the government does not care. Same goes for all Westerners. They have freedom of speech but do their governments care?
It is time that the US leaders rein in Israeli leadership, which has literally gone berserk and runs amok.
I wish to bring up something about the Western peacemakers, Americans in particular. The British could not but the Americans were mainly responsible for making peace in Ireland. Right?
If America wants to establish peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians, it can do that in a jiffy. However, I do not see any real effort from America at all.
The first step to peace is that America should stop giving aid to all parties and help her own folks, who need money and stop saying "Israel is our best friend and the greatest ally". It is really a disgusting comment. What has Israel done for America? Arabs have doen for America lots more than Israel. lol!
I would not like to talk about the next stages at this point.
Freedom of speech means an Israeli can criticize the government, even a generals son, and anyone can run with that and even make a video. But dont confuse that with public opinion.

American aid is largely part of the Camp David Accords - which I dont think anyone wants to dissolve

I am sorry, but using Pakistan as an example of free speech, after that governor got murdered for blasphemy, and after that girl got attacked for wanting education, is really a WEAK argument, isnt it?
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154918 Nov 25, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I quoted a link. It is up to the readers to decide. I believe it was well-written and more factual. It is a thousand times better than what Fox tells us.
Sorry, that is as pathetic as saying the Syrian government is peaceful and bombs their own out of love. Sorry, not buying that.
bmz

Singapore

#154919 Nov 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
That is civil? 40,000 dead? Come on. This is Frijoles you are speaking too.
Blame the West for the idiocy of the Syrian people, as expressed through their government?
Why dont arabs EVER take responsibility for their failings?
Frijoles, the figures are bloated. The British Prime Minister made it 40,000, when it was not even 20,000.

The Arab rulers against Asad, are as bad as the Western leaders. Politically, both are in each other's pockets.

You asked a very good question. I cannot blame the entire West for all the miseries in the region.

However, I do blame the British for all the mess that they sowed and created in the region. And I blame America for foolishly carrying the baton or Britain's babies after the British lost their power and might after WWII.

Do you know who created Arab states and appointed bloody fools as heads and who they sided with just for their own gains?

You are reaping what the British sowed!
bmz

Singapore

#154920 Nov 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
Sorry, that is as pathetic as saying the Syrian government is peaceful and bombs their own out of love. Sorry, not buying that.
We are not discussing love and peace in the case of Syria. I wasn't trying to sell anything.

When people stand up fully armed against the government, it cannot be considered a peaceful protest. It becomes a rebellion and rebellion against the state must be destroyed.

Hypothetically speaking, if America became a poor country, unable to help her own disgruntled citizens and if you guys came out fully armed against your own government, it will do the same to you. The veterans will crush you.

That is why I had said that Syria is the most civil of all Arab states.
bmz

Singapore

#154921 Nov 25, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of speech means an Israeli can criticize the government, even a generals son, and anyone can run with that and even make a video. But dont confuse that with public opinion.
American aid is largely part of the Camp David Accords - which I dont think anyone wants to dissolve
I am sorry, but using Pakistan as an example of free speech, after that governor got murdered for blasphemy, and after that girl got attacked for wanting education, is really a WEAK argument, isnt it?
The governor was not murdered by the government and neither was the girl attacked by the government. The persons, who did that, were miserable Bs.

Public opinion in Israel is not 100% in favour of the Israeli regime. I know that well.

Freedom of speech has nothing to do with isolated incidents of killing.

The monetary aid should stop. I consider that a heinous crime. Why does Israel need aid, if it has a good economy? Why does Egypt need aid? Let them work hard and make money. I consider monetary aid a bribery and corruption. China closed her doors for thirty years and has become the richest country through hard work.

If you keep on giving fish to people, every day, they will not work hard. They will wait for you and fish. Instead teach them how to fish!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#154924 Nov 25, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and your backward thinking, trying to make yourself look innocent. and trying to make G-D look guilty, is a sin against G-D.
rabbee: and your backward thinking, trying to make yourself look innocent. and trying to make G-D look guilty, is a sin against G-D

HughBe---The truth is I am not speaking about myself and so you are incorrect in what you have said. Your other point about trying to make God look guilty is also an error.

I think that your problem is that what I am saying to you is new and so you need a little time to digest and think about it.

Read my comments again, see below.

Rabbee---: G-D does NOT, give ALLOWANCES to angels, or Angels. G-D is in precise control of all of TheAngels and angels.

HughBe--- If you say so. By the way, the story of Job pops into my mind.(Put it this way He ALLOWED Satan to afflict Job and this contradicts your point)

I take it that God directs all the evil on earth as well as the evil of Satan.(My point is valid given that He "is in precise control of all of TheAngels and angels")

Rabbee---all physical events, are under G-D'S PRECISE control

HughBe-- If you are correct, I would call it LACK of CONTROL given that He HATES EVIL.(Again my point is valid, UNLESS God likes the EVIL in this world. I have a problem with your idea of PRECISE CONTROL for may reasons including this one"Thou/God art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity")
bmz

Singapore

#154925 Nov 25, 2012
Ok, Frijoles, enough for today. I have to go to bed now. Have a good day.

I just wish to tell you that if you put Israeli leaders to a Lie Detector test, the machine will print out immediately upon the first contact, "'Liars!' Disconnect immediately. No need to test!"

For the Palestinians, the machine will analyze and print out "Angry men".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) 15 hr Kathwynn 503
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Aug 29 weez 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 13 Lady shay 8
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••