Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 203,556

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154605 Nov 19, 2012
Buford wrote:
Meanwhile...
Paris Hilton takes Mecca
http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/11/1...
thats really funny

"The Mecca store is Hilton's fifth in Saudi Arabia, bringing the grand total of Paris Hilton shops to 42..".
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#154606 Nov 19, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
See, when you talk with muslims about the fallacies of their religion, holy book ect., you should do it not by giving your point of view but by taking their point of views and show all the fallacy.
For example let's say I'm muslim, but I'm not, I may answer to you by say that those talmudic and rabbinical writings were written by men who were inspired by Allah. So what's the point to tell me that Quran, a book dictated by Allah have some verses taken from books from abrahamic religions that were inspired by the same god?
See, in this case the fact you find the Quran filled with verses from pre-islam books is one of the signs of its inconsistency, but for a muslim is not.
The news doesn't demolish or diminish that book, unless you find quranic verses taken from pre islam pagan sources. In any case the Quran is so full of shit that is obviously the outcome of man and not god.
A muslim will never admit to any form of plagiarizm or flaws in the Koran. To them, the book is flawless and the immutable word of the almighty. My whole point is that one cannot re-hash fiction and present it as facts - that is one of the problems I have with the Koran. The whole Islamic ritual of Hajj is pagan in origin with some minor adjustments.

Its just like taking verses out of Romeo & Juliet and inserting them into some holy book and claiming that the verses are inspired by "god".
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154607 Nov 19, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: realizing one aspect, of your being totally insane. does not insure, you are completely sane. when all sources of insanity disappear, there is but ONE True SOURCE of Sanity.
in reference to sanity, one must consider the source. even if only one person, is the sanest one on this planet. that is no guarentee, of 100% sanity according to G-D.
Sane people don't make the same stupid mistake repeatedly, WHILE EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS EACH TIME.

How many rockets has Hamas fired into Israel over the years?

ARE THE HAMASTANIANS BETTER OFF AS A RESULT?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154608 Nov 19, 2012
The Hajj is purely of pagan origin.
http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-myths-hajj-pa...

Of course, the Hajj was RESTORED to Allah's original intentions by Mohammad.

It stands to reason.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#154609 Nov 19, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not Hillary Clinton but I imagine it would be interest in a common defense and a promotion of democracy.
HughBe---List the criteria to be a US ally.

Frijoles---I am not Hillary Clinton but I imagine it would be interest in a common defense and a promotion of democracy.

HughBe--- Knowing that you are a male and Hillary is a female I take your words to mean that you are not as attractive, intelligent and as informed as Hillary. That is ok, it was already known.

Now, are you saying that ALL who share this "common defense" and who promote democracy are American Allies?

Specify the common defence that you have in mind.
Eric

Lombard, IL

#154610 Nov 19, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---I am not Hillary Clinton but I imagine it would be interest in a common defense and a promotion of democracy.
HughBe--- Knowing that you are a male and Hillary is a female I take your words to mean that you are not as attractive, intelligent and as informed as Hillary. That is ok, it was already known.
Now, are you saying that ALL who share this "common defense" and who promote democracy are American Allies?
Socrates is back.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#154611 Nov 19, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Socrates is back.
I, your Socrates, have high hopes for you.

enjoy.

Eric

Lombard, IL

#154612 Nov 19, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I, your Socrates, have high hopes for you.
enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4yMoMxcHTwwXX
You promised that you would ignore me.

And, you call me a liar.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#154613 Nov 19, 2012
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
"Throughout the ages the breath of the power of God has entered into holy souls making them men of God (anashim Elohim) and prophets" (Wisdom of Solomon)
and no man of God would accept as FACT that Satan is the "Archon tou kosmos" (Ruler of this kosmos) or "Theos tou aionos" (God of this aeon)
that is unless he is in fact a man of Satan
uhuh---no man of God would accept as FACT that Satan is the "Archon tou kosmos" (Ruler of this kosmos) or "Theos tou aionos" (God of this aeon)

that is unless he is in fact a man of Satan

HughBe--- Who has misinformed you, uhuh?

Think about this, if God is the RULER of this world and there is so much MURDER, RAPE, INJUSTICE, WARS etc. then surely He is doing a very poor job.

If on the other hand Satan or the god of MURDER, DECEPTION etc. is in RULING then he is doing a good job.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#154614 Nov 19, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You promised that you would ignore me.
And, you call me a liar.
Enjoy the video and have a good night.
Frijoles

Farmington, CT

#154615 Nov 19, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure somewhere in Jamaica is an American ambassador who would love to answer your questions.

By the way, I forgot human rights as well. Does Jamaica honor human rights for all? Can gay people walk down the street, hand in hand?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#154616 Nov 19, 2012
“Let those who started this crazy war stop it, on our conditions.”~ Khaled Meshaal, Hamas’ leader-in-exile

Umm...Mohammad started this crazy war, and it won't stop until his conditions are met.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#154628 Nov 19, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure somewhere in Jamaica is an American ambassador who would love to answer your questions.
By the way, I forgot human rights as well. Does Jamaica honor human rights for all? Can gay people walk down the street, hand in hand?
Frijoles---Does Jamaica honor human rights for all?

HughBe--- Are you asking me if Jamaica is like the US in honouring a select group of lawbreakers?

I hope not. If it is the right of some to break the law then it should be the right of ALL to do so.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#154629 Nov 19, 2012
good night

“Islam shall bleed”

Since: Nov 12

Straight outta Scarborough

#154630 Nov 19, 2012
Islam in its purest form:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi

...ROFL.

Masha'allah Muslimeen, Masha'allah!!

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#154631 Nov 19, 2012
Buford wrote:
Umm...Mohammad started this crazy war, and it won't stop until his conditions are met.
Nooooooo,

The region was always full of war and was never a region of peace. The Bible confirms that.

It was the biblical Jesus, who destroyed the peace of the world. He is on record for confirming that.

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword!"

What he really meant was: "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but only fighting!"

He failed to complete the mission for which he was sent but he succeeded in his own mission of destroying the peace. I think taht is the only thing that he accomplished. Don't you think so, Buford?

May the LORD have mercy on the biblical Jesus' soul. Aaaamen!

bmz

Singapore

#154632 Nov 19, 2012
Morales wrote:
<quoted text>
the situation in Syria has been almost completely ignored in the media since the gaza conflict started, that article makes sense
It is quiet and quite boring for the media. All have dashed across to Ghaza and Israel.

Here is an interesting piece of news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-2...

bmz

Singapore

#154633 Nov 19, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats why I keep posing the question how can you negotiate peace with an entity that wants to destroy you?
What kept the cold war from fruition was the fact that the Soviets ultimately valued life more than death, and coexistence rather than destruction of their capatalist nemesis. They were sane.
Frijoles,

One cannot compare the Israelis and the Palestinians with the Soviets and Americans of the Cold War Era.

Here, both are insane!

bmz

Singapore

#154634 Nov 19, 2012
Addendum, Frijoles

If the Ghazans had a strong army, weaponry, etc and nukes as Israel has, then both would have sat down and made peace.

That is why the Americans and the Russians sat down. They knew it would be mutual destruction, if they went to war.

That is not the case here.
truth

Perth, Australia

#154635 Nov 19, 2012
halali ala
what deference from Jesus words forgive
memory =remember
halali
forgive
memory
remember
think about that words
''mind''

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Oct 10 Liam R 3
Wiccan Arrested on Child Rape Charges (Apr '10) Oct 9 Lee County NC 46
I...(gulp) am a Pagan Agnostic Taoist Sep 28 Ol Fuddy Duddy 2
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... Sep '14 thetruth 21
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep '14 Kathwynn 14
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep '14 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug '14 Only1Likeme212 347

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE