Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,290)

Showing posts 145,781 - 145,800 of193,642
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Writes the Medicated Ex-Priest/Christian, who can't help but pay close attention and respond to my EVERY post.
Allah's partner Mohammad demands no less!
Hello, Jesus' partner

Allah has no partner and there is no other God besides Allah. Period!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question.
That is not right. Anybody, who believes in Allah, the LORD Almighty God, will not be doomed for hell.
Even the demons believe in Allah, the LORD Almighty God. See: James 2:19.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Even the demons believe in Allah, the LORD Almighty God. See: James 2:19.
That is correct. Even Satan believes in the LORD Almighty God Allah.

However, the demons and Satan never believed that Jesus was the LORD Almighty God. That is something great!

The only problem with the silly and dumb demons was that they thought Jesus was the son of David and also the son of God.

The good thing about Satan was that he did not believe that Jesus was the son of God and that is something positive.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

http://www.usislam.org/00hist.htm
History of Truth, The Truth about God and Religions, By:Dr. Adel M. Elsaie, Ph.D. Part-

9.1 The Divine Big Bang

History of the universe is divided into three distinct phases: the start, the expansion, and the end. The Quran deals with these phases in astounding descriptions. The Quran refers to the start of the Big Bang in two short Ayat, presenting an accurate summary to the conditions that led to creating the universe:

Surah 21, Ayah 30 "Do not the unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation) before We clove them asunder?"

Surah 41, Ayah 11 "Then He turned to the sky and it had been (as) smoke."
In the first Ayah, Allah declares clearly that the universe (the skies and the earth) was joined together, and then Allah caused it to explode. There is a very important choice of words in the original Arabic text whose translation is given above.

The Arabic word ratq translated as "joined together" means "mixed in each, blended" in Arabic dictionaries. It is used to refer to two different substances that make up a whole. The phrase "We clove them asunder" is the verb fataqa in Arabic and implies that something comes into being by tearing apart or destroying the structure of ratq.

In this Ayah, skies and earth are at first subject to the status of ratq and then they exploded. Intriguingly, cosmologists speak of a "cosmic egg" that consisted of all the matter in the universe prior to the Big Bang. In other words, all the heavens and earth were included in this egg in a condition of ratq. This cosmic egg exploded violently causing its matter to fataqa and in the process created the structure of the whole universe.

The accuracy of the Arabic words of such divine description of starting the universe is well beyond comprehension. A cosmic fact was revealed to an unlettered Arab that took humanity one thousand and four hundred years to discover. This Ayah addresses the unbelievers with an overwhelming challenge. No one can claim that Muhammad had knowledge of spectroscopic observations or he had instruments to measure cosmic background radiation. Also, he was not a genius mathematician.

This Ayah, as with many of the scientific miracles in the Quran, addresses the unbelievers in a strong challenge. If they could not use their inherent intuition to figure out the existence and the uniqueness of One Creator, then they can listen to an unlettered Arab explaining the creation of the universe.

In the second Ayah, Allah describes the sky, after the explosion, as a smoke, not a cloud or fog, but smoke. To emphasize the importance of the smoke, the title of this Surah is "The Smoke." In the past, cosmologists used to describe the gaseous state of the young universe as a cloud or fog. Only recently, has the word "smoke" been coined, because it is closely descriptive of the initial gaseous state. The definition of smoke is a suspension of particles in a hot gaseous medium. This is truly the perfection of the Quran in choosing the closest words to describe an event. The word smoke could indicate that just after the Big Bang, the formation of planets and stars took different directions from the start. Planets were formed from the suspended particles of the smoke, while the stars were formed from the hot gases. This is quite possible since the structure of stars is different from that of the planets.

MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Mahmood wrote:
You what my problem with your "prophet" is.

1) The concept of prophet is a method of con-artistry par excellence. Its nothing more than a scam.

2) Anyone claiming to be a "prophet" is no different any other cultist who thinks he/she is a conduit to the divine. This person is either very intelligent or deluded - scamming gullible and credulous minds. If lies are repeated often enough and long enough, then people will eventually start believing those lies.

3) Till today, no Mohammadan or Hagarene has ever been able to prove the divinity of their holy scripture let alone the prophethood of Mohammad.

4) The Koran is an ambigious document authored by a complex individual, lacking in context and chronology. It's a wortless piece of literture, opaque, perfuntory, and often times incoherent.

5) The whole corpus of Islamic history was written down close to two centuries after the fact and therefore not to be trusted. The Koran was never put to pen and paper during Mohammad's lifetime as result we don't know that the Koran we have today is verbatim the same Koran dictated by Mohammad. You cannot produce more than five fragments of the Koran dating back to the 7th century. The Koran is a man made text created by "allah knows" who.

MUQ, I dont have a problem with you on a personal level. Like all my Muslim brothers, you are a good man. The only problem is that you have taken a leap of faith with such religious zeal that you have closed your mind to all further inquiry and investigation.

I don't really know what you mean "practice falsehood" - please elaborate?
Ans.

First of all, why should I educate some one who 'already knows' every thing?

I don't see from your posts that you are in need of any knowledge or advice.

You are entitled to your views and me to mine.

So there is no reason or justification for us to keep on discussing with no purpose in mind.

You are not here to change your 'conviction', are you?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Even the demons believe in Allah, the LORD Almighty God. See: James 2:19.
moronic butt-turd.
The Jews certainly don't believe in your mangod!
They killed him..lol

Their books tell to kill you but you are a fool who is carrying their books..lol..

Kill Followers of Other Religions (especially the worshippers of the false prophet and sorceror who was put to death on a tree).

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.(Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death.(Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)
abc

Klang, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct. Even Satan believes in the LORD Almighty God Allah.
However, the demons and Satan never believed that Jesus was the LORD Almighty God. That is something great!
The only problem with the silly and dumb demons was that they thought Jesus was the son of David and also the son of God.
The good thing about Satan was that he did not believe that Jesus was the son of God and that is something positive.
Yes. it is formal, bmz is cleverer than demons. And yes, Satan did not believe because he knew Jesus is Son of God.

And Satan believes in Allah? sure, why not, but satan never said Allah is YHWH. So who is Allah? He is definitely a different god from YHWH.
abc

Klang, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
moronic butt-turd.
The Jews certainly don't believe in your mangod!
They killed him..lol
Their books tell to kill you but you are a fool who is carrying their books..lol..
Kill Followers of Other Religions (especially the worshippers of the false prophet and sorceror who was put to death on a tree).
If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.(Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)
2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death.(Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)
Peter, Paul, Moses, Elijah, John, etc. is Jew. And they believe in Jesus as perfectly God and perfectly human.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

abc wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter, Paul, Moses, Elijah, John, etc. is Jew. And they believe in Jesus as perfectly God and perfectly human.
Moses????? really? When did Moses say "Jesus is God"?
Paul thought Jesus was god??? really? When did Paul say clearly "Jesus is God" (His Christ you will find is not exactly the Jesus referred to in the synoptic gospels!)
Peter ?? Jesus called him Satan! When did Peter say "Jesus is God"
Elijah??? When did Elijah say "Jesus is God"
John? John who? and when did John who say "Jesus is God"

Do you know something?
You claim the Jesus is God with NO evidence form anywhere.
Believe me I am an expert on this.
Good luck.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Buford wrote:
Ignorant butt-turd!
You believe in Jewish books that tell to stone YOU to death!!!!lol...
Do them a favour, stone yourself because you worship "as god" a "false prophet" who was rejected and killed by the Jews.
COMICAL!!!!

1.If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to SLAY him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall STONE HIM TO DEATH, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.(Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2. Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and STONED TO DEATH.(Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
First of all, why should I educate some one who 'already knows' every thing?
I don't see from your posts that you are in need of any knowledge or advice.
You are entitled to your views and me to mine.
So there is no reason or justification for us to keep on discussing with no purpose in mind.
You are not here to change your 'conviction', are you?
I doubt if you are capable of educating anyone. You accused me of practicing falsehood and I wanted to what exactly you meant by it? I will change my conviction if provided with irrefutable evidence. Until then, I will continue to expose Islam.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul thought Jesus was god??? really? When did Paul say clearly "Jesus is God" (His Christ you will find is not exactly the Jesus referred to in the synoptic gospels!)
Do you know something?
Good luck.
Of course, my dear ex-Father, you are an expert on above.

Peter, James, Paul and none of his disciples is on record for saying "Jesus is God".

Good point!

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

abc wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe that Peter, Paul, John and his disciples were truly mainstream Jews. All those men could have been members of various cults or sects or atheists or free-thinkers.

Not a single Jew of that time believed that Jesus was God. The Jews knew their God well.
abc

Puchong, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know something?
Good luck.
Moses and Elijah talk to Jesus, where God the father again publicly announce Jesus is the Son of God.
Peter said Jesus is Messiah or Christ.
John said Jesus is God in the very first Chapter of John.
Pls read up before talking.
abc

Puchong, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know something?
Good luck.
If early Christians were not Jews, who are them?

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

abc wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. it is formal, bmz is cleverer than demons. And yes, Satan did not believe because he knew Jesus is Son of God.
And Satan believes in Allah? sure, why not, but satan never said Allah is YHWH. So who is Allah? He is definitely a different god from YHWH.
Actually YHWH is no name. Why don't you start calling Jesus, YHWH and stop calling him Jesus?

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

abc wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses and Elijah talk to Jesus, where God the father again publicly announce Jesus is the Son of God.
Peter said Jesus is Messiah or Christ.
John said Jesus is God in the very first Chapter of John.
Pls read up before talking.
John's gospel cannot be trusted and we do not even know, who wrote the very first chapter and the very 2nd last chapter.

In John 20:31, this can be found written:

"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name."

And a Christian may not believe in anything more than this.

John 20:31 demolishes and pulverizes John 1:1-3 onwards
abc

Puchong, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually YHWH is no name. Why don't you start calling Jesus, YHWH and stop calling him Jesus?
yea YHWH is no name. then what is YHWH? YHWH is God the Father, not God the Son

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Addendum, abc

John's gospel shows that it was a 5th-6th or may be a 7th Century forgery.

If it had really been there and the all the Bishops had read John 20:31, no one would have called him God.

One Bishop would have said to another, "Hey, John told us to believe that at the most that he was messiah, the son of God. Nothing more."
abc

Puchong, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
John's gospel cannot be trusted and we do not even know, who wrote the very first chapter and the very 2nd last chapter.
In John 20:31, this can be found written:
"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name."
And a Christian may not believe in anything more than this.
John 20:31 demolishes and pulverizes John 1:1-3 onwards
John wrote it. John 20:31 is in no conflict with John 1:1-3.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 145,781 - 145,800 of193,642
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... Sat Grumpy Guy 59
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Fri Jumper The Wise 75
The Easter message is the Resurrection not the ... Fri Sol 1
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Apr 18 Lmhw 9
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) Apr 17 PINCH111 284
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... (Oct '13) Apr 17 PINCH111 5
Wiccan Threefold Law Is Overrated Apr 17 PINCH111 8
•••
•••