Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254914 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

wow

San Diego, CA

#152981 Oct 18, 2012
Abdullah: In Christianity, the Doctrine of Original Sin is the reason that there is a need for salvation through Jesus’ crucifixion. However, this doctrine was invented by Paul and it is strongly negated in the Old Testament (see Ezekiel 18:20, Jeremiah 31:30, Deut. 24:16). This doctrine is an attempt to escape the responsibility of righteousness with the belief that punishment is given to someone else to release us from our burden of sins (see Ephesians 1:7, Romans 4:25, 10:9, Corinthians 15:21). In the Quran, every soul is responsible for its own deeds, good or bad (see Quran 74:38, 41:46, 3:25, 6:154).
Derek: What about the crucifixion itself?
Abdullah: The Bible says Jesus cried out in a loud voice beseeching God for help on the cross:“My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”(Matt. 27:46) Does that sound like Jesus to you?
Derek: No, then what about Jesus’ appearance to his disciples after the crucifixion?
Abdullah: Jesus didn’t die on the cross nor was he resurrected. If he were resurrected, then he would have come to his disciples in a spiritual body. As shown in Luke 24:36-43, he met them with his physical body after the event of his alleged crucifixion. In the Quran, it says that Jesus was not crucified, but it was someone else who was made to look like him (see Quran 4:156-158).
Derek: How did the story of the crucifixion of Jesus get into the Bible then?
Abdullah: Once again, Paul was responsible (see Timothy 2:8 and Romans 5:10).
Derek: Well, I very deep in my heart, believe that God can never look like His creation nor does He do what they do. What I believe is that God is the Perfect One who is very much different from everything we see or touch. In other words, I think the writer can never look like his book.
Abdullah: You are right. There is nothing comparable to God (see Quran 112:4). The Prophets came with a very clear message to worship God alone, without any partners or intercessors. However, Paul took pagan beliefs and practices from the Romans and mixed them with the teachings of Jesus . Consequently, Paul was mostly responsible for elevating Jesus to the status of Son of God (see Acts. 9:20) and god.
Derek: Yes. Now I remember. The first Commandments is:“Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is One Lord.”
Abdullah: You’re right. That’s in Mark 12:29. Moreover, the Quran confirms that God is One (which means):“Say He is Allah, the One and Only (God).”(Quran 112:1)
Derek: What you are saying makes perfect sense. This is just incredible! You mean that for almost 2000 years what the Christians have been following is wrong?
Eric

Downers Grove, IL

#152982 Oct 18, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

If you have any objection on Dr. Elsaie's book or argument, place it before us.
We have in the past. And you have either ignored our objections, or you have told us to take it up with Elsaie.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152983 Oct 18, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>Now just wait a minute!'We' are not all in agreement ... lol!
lol...
Please join us!
lol....
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152984 Oct 18, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>Look here, there is a lot of cholesterol in cheese.
I was about to suggest "skinny cheese dip"...but if you take the cheese out of it...we will be back to river jordan and to the way they really "dipped"..lol
I hope this goes over the heads of a few and that is intentional...lol
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#152985 Oct 18, 2012
Peter wrote:
Embrace Jesus and live a life with a real god that demands peace and dignity for every human being .
Jesus is not worth embracing. Only the LORD Almighty God has to be embraced, not his SLAVE Jesus.

By the way, Jesus himself did not live a life of peace and dignity. You know that, don't you?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#152986 Oct 18, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
Cheese has good cholesterol, NQ.

I would like you to be the 4th disciple of Jake. You can eat lots of fish and bread.

Please note that Christ Jake has not asked any Christian to abandon Jesus.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152987 Oct 18, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
big deal!
instead of answering a single serious question you pick holes in typos.
Ex Humed,

It wasn't a typo; it was your typical hyperbole.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152988 Oct 18, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
Ex.......... doubt it.
Hello CATHOLIC butt-urd!
Why don't you answer anything?
-What happened to the ear of the poor servant of the JEWISH priest in Matt..Mark and John? Did it get off the floor, moved back into position to heal itself?lol..
You pagan books are full of inconsistencies but I have no intention of pointing them out all in one go.
- can you point out he trinity or even jesus from the list i provided
- give us a DIRECT quote from Jesus claiming divinity
- why did BJ forgive the paralytic (Mark) but could not forgive others while he was on the tree/pole/cross? was his powers being drained away with the blood?

- CAN YOU see the inconsistency and sheer absurdity? He is able to "forgive" in Mark 2:5&2:10/Matt 9:2 & 9:6/Luke 5:20 & 5.24.....BUT pleads with GOD to forgive "them" in Luke 23:34!!!(Is he a minigod who is only allowed to forgive minor sinners and cripples or paralytic drunks? and only GOD can forgive the big baddies/jews/romans??)

- why was BJ ignorant/superstitious about paralysis? It has nothing to do with "sin"!! Why did BJ prove he could forgive sins by getting the paralytic to walk. Rumour has it that the paralytic was a DRUNK!
When the "evil spirit(alcohol)" finally left his body he got up and walked!!!
- Tell us about Peter's qualifications to be the first pope..slicing ear (butcher? I thought he was a fisherman)? unable to catch fish (or was he a butcher!) and needed Jesus to help him? lying about Jesus? Fleeing from Jesus? marriage?....or something else?

You haven't answered loads of others either.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152989 Oct 18, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>So why is it that God would allow his greatest enemy (Satan the Devil) to torture ENDLESSLY those He does not like, as the thought goes?
Where in YOUR Bible does it say that "God would allow his greatest enemy (Satan the Devil) to torture ENDLESSLY those He does not like, as the thought goes?"
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152990 Oct 18, 2012
2:190 "Fight, in the way of Allah, against those who wage war upon you, but do not commit aggression by attacking first. Allah does not like aggressors."

"Torture him until you extract what he has." ~ Mohammad, Fighting in the Way of Allah
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152991 Oct 18, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
Ex Humed,
It wasn't a typo; it was your typical hyperbole.
Catholic butt-urd...
I shall deal with your ignorance as and when it suits me..
Allow me to correct you...I said "they" chopped "ears" off!!!
Why do you think i said that?
Folks here know that you are an ignorant spammy clown.

You are like a dog barking at the moon after chasing parked cars!!

Just answer the questions you fool....and try to earn a tiny bit of credibility.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#152992 Oct 18, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello CATHOLIC butt-urd!
-What happened to the ear of the poor servant of the JEWISH priest in Matt..Mark and John? Did it get off the floor, moved back into position to heal itself?lol..
You pagan books are full of inconsistencies but I have no intention of pointing them out all in one go.
- why did BJ forgive the paralytic (Mark) but could not forgive others while he was on the tree/pole/cross? was his powers being drained away with the blood?
- CAN YOU see the inconsistency and sheer absurdity? He is able to "forgive" in Mark 2:5&2:10/Matt 9:2 & 9:6/Luke 5:20 & 5.24.....BUT pleads with GOD to forgive "them" in Luke 23:34!!!(Is he a minigod who is only allowed to forgive minor sinners and cripples or paralytic drunks? and only GOD can forgive the big baddies/jews/romans??)
- why was BJ ignorant/superstitious about paralysis? It has nothing to do with "sin"!! Why did BJ prove he could forgive sins by getting the paralytic to walk. Rumour has it that the paralytic was a DRUNK!
- Tell us about Peter's qualifications to be the first pope..slicing ear (butcher? I thought he was a fisherman)? unable to catch fish (or was he a butcher!) and needed Jesus to help him? lying about Jesus? Fleeing from Jesus? marriage?....or something else?
Just like bmz of Singapore, you make it up as you go...
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152993 Oct 18, 2012
Peter wrote:
A call to the muslim world, throw islam and allah into the toilet, islam is a trash bin , a collection of murderers , slaughterer s, thieves , mass killers like bashar assad, crazy dictators like murdered kahdafhi from libya , Embrace Jesus and live a life with a real god that demands peace and dignity for every human being .
Who is the REAL Jesus from this list so I can embrace him:
Please him out. Thanks....

1. Jesus= father of son of "GOD"
2. Jesus= father of son of "god the father"
3. Jesus= ghost of father of son of "GOD"
4. Jesus= ghost of father of son of "god the father"
5. Jesus= spirit of father of son of "GOD"

6. Jesus= spirit of father of son of "god the father"
7. Jesus= son of man (son of Adam)
8. Jesus= son of man (son of David)
9. Jesus= son of man (son of Joseph)
10. Jesus= son of "GOD" (who encompasses god the father)
11. Jesus= son of "god the father" (who is part of GOD)
12. Jesus= son of god the Holy Spirit (who is part of GOD)
13. Jesus= son of god the holy ghost (who is part of GOD)
14. Jesus= ghost of son of man (son of Adam)
15. Jesus= ghost of son of man (son of David)
16. Jesus= ghost of son of man (son of Joseph)
17. Jesus= ghost of son of "GOD"
18. Jesus= ghost of son of "god the father"
19. Jesus= ghost of son of "god the holy spirit"
20. Jesus= ghost of son of "god the holy ghost"
21. Jesus= spirit of son of man (son of Adam)
22. Jesus= spirit of son of man (son of David)
23. Jesus= spirit of son of man (son of Joseph)
24. Jesus= spirit of son of "GOD"
25. Jesus= spirit of son of "god the father"
26. Jesus= spirit of son of "god the holy spirit"
27. Jesus= spirit of son of "god the holy ghost"
28. Jesus= ghost of spirit of father of son of "GOD"
29. Jesus= ghost of spirit of father of son of "god the father"
30. Jesus= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of Adam)
31. Jesus= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of David)
32. Jesus= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of Joseph)
33. Jesus= ghost of spirit of son of "GOD"
34. Jesus= ghost of spirit of son of "god the father"
35. Jesus= ghost of spirit of son of god the holy spirit
36. Jesus= ghost of spirit of son of god the holy ghost
37. Jesus= spirit of ghost father of son of "GOD"
38. Jesus= spirit of ghost of father of son of "god the father"
39. Jesus= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of Adam)
40. Jesus= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of David)
41. Jesus= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of Joseph)
42. Jesus= spirit of ghost of son of "GOD"
43. Jesus= spirit of ghost of son of "god the father"
44. Jesus= spirit of ghost of son of god the holy spirit
45. Jesus= spirit of ghost of son of god the holy ghost
46. Jesus= "Risen" Jesus
47. Jesus= "Risen" son of man (son of Adam)
48. Jesus= "Risen" son of man (son of David)
49. Jesus= "Risen" son of man (son of Joseph)
50. Jesus= "Risen" son of "God"
51. Jesus= "Risen" son of "god the father"
52. Jesus= "Risen" son of "god the holy spirit"
53. Jesus= "Risen" son of "god the holy ghost"
54. Jesus= "Lord" of St Paul
55. Jesus= "Christ" of St Paul
56. Jesus= Millions of "Jesus" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
57. Jesus= Millions of "Holy Spirits" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
58. Jesus= Millions of "Holy Ghosts" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
59. Jesus= The Jesus in heaven sitting on his own right hand watching himself VINDICTIVELY making footstool of enemies.

60. Jesus= ALL of the above
61. Jesus= NONE of the above
62. Jesus= Any more to be added to the above (*********

Thanks.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152994 Oct 18, 2012
Not forgetting the Jesus who is allegedly the Father in John 14 as follows:
Allow me to represent John 14, that was written by many "Johnnies":
John 14:

2 In my House are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
4 And you know the way to where I am going.”

5 Thomas said to him,“Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?”

6 Father said to him,“I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to me except through me.

7 If you had known me, you would have known me also. From now on you do know me and have seen me.”

8 Philip said to him,“Lord, show us yourself, and it is enough for us.”

9 Father said to him,“Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen me. How can you say,‘Show us yourself’?

10 Do you not believe that I am in me and I am in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but I who dwell in me do my works.

11 Believe me that I am in me and I am in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.

12“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going me.

13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that I may be glorified in the Son.

14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
16 And I will ask myself, and I will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,

18“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.

20 In that day you will know that I am in me, and you in me, and I in you.

21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by me, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

22Judas (not Iscariot) said to him,“Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?”

23 The Father answered him,“If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and I will love him, and "we" will come to him and make our home with him.
24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but me who sent me.

25 “These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom I will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

AMAZING IS IT NOT?
THE EDUCATED MANGOD LEAVES NO WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS AND CAUSES THE DEATH OF MILLIONS OF JEWS AS CHRIST KILLERS, INCLUDING THOSE IN GAS CHAMBERS, WHILE THE UNLETTERED MAN LEAVES A BEAUTIFUL BOOK OF GOOD NEWS KNOWLEDGE AND GUIDANCE.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152995 Oct 18, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Just like bmz of Singapore, you make it up as you go...
Don't give your opinions but answer them dear CATHOLIC butt-urd...
Hello CATHOLIC butt-urd!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152996 Oct 18, 2012
Buford wrote:
A bunch of liars made it up..and i am quoting them:
Now respond using your non existent knowledge:

- why was BJ ignorant/superstitious about paralysis? It has nothing to do with "sin"!! Why did BJ prove he could forgive sins by getting the paralytic to walk
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152997 Oct 18, 2012
Buford wrote:
Instead of giving your worthless opinion, respond boy...

Point out the correct Trinity...point out just THREE correct ones and point out ONE correct Jesus!!!!
1. Jesus= father of son of "GOD"
2. Jesus= father of son of "god the father"
3. Jesus= ghost of father of son of "GOD"
4. Jesus= ghost of father of son of "god the father"
5. Jesus= spirit of father of son of "GOD"

6. Jesus= spirit of father of son of "god the father"
7. Jesus= son of man (son of Adam)
8. Jesus= son of man (son of David)
9. Jesus= son of man (son of Joseph)
10. Jesus= son of "GOD" (who encompasses god the father)
11. Jesus= son of "god the father" (who is part of GOD)
12. Jesus= son of god the Holy Spirit (who is part of GOD)
13. Jesus= son of god the holy ghost (who is part of GOD)
14. Jesus= ghost of son of man (son of Adam)
15. Jesus= ghost of son of man (son of David)
16. Jesus= ghost of son of man (son of Joseph)
17. Jesus= ghost of son of "GOD"
18. Jesus= ghost of son of "god the father"
19. Jesus= ghost of son of "god the holy spirit"
20. Jesus= ghost of son of "god the holy ghost"
21. Jesus= spirit of son of man (son of Adam)
22. Jesus= spirit of son of man (son of David)
23. Jesus= spirit of son of man (son of Joseph)
24. Jesus= spirit of son of "GOD"
25. Jesus= spirit of son of "god the father"
26. Jesus= spirit of son of "god the holy spirit"
27. Jesus= spirit of son of "god the holy ghost"
28. Jesus= ghost of spirit of father of son of "GOD"
29. Jesus= ghost of spirit of father of son of "god the father"
30. Jesus= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of Adam)
31. Jesus= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of David)
32. Jesus= ghost of spirit of son of man (son of Joseph)
33. Jesus= ghost of spirit of son of "GOD"
34. Jesus= ghost of spirit of son of "god the father"
35. Jesus= ghost of spirit of son of god the holy spirit
36. Jesus= ghost of spirit of son of god the holy ghost
37. Jesus= spirit of ghost father of son of "GOD"
38. Jesus= spirit of ghost of father of son of "god the father"
39. Jesus= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of Adam)
40. Jesus= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of David)
41. Jesus= spirit of ghost of son of man (son of Joseph)
42. Jesus= spirit of ghost of son of "GOD"
43. Jesus= spirit of ghost of son of "god the father"
44. Jesus= spirit of ghost of son of god the holy spirit
45. Jesus= spirit of ghost of son of god the holy ghost
46. Jesus= "Risen" Jesus
47. Jesus= "Risen" son of man (son of Adam)
48. Jesus= "Risen" son of man (son of David)
49. Jesus= "Risen" son of man (son of Joseph)
50. Jesus= "Risen" son of "God"
51. Jesus= "Risen" son of "god the father"
52. Jesus= "Risen" son of "god the holy spirit"
53. Jesus= "Risen" son of "god the holy ghost"
54. Jesus= "Lord" of St Paul
55. Jesus= "Christ" of St Paul
56. Jesus= Millions of "Jesus" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
57. Jesus= Millions of "Holy Spirits" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
58. Jesus= Millions of "Holy Ghosts" in different shapes and sizes inside every "Christian" in every nation and language
59. Jesus= The Jesus in heaven sitting on his own right hand watching himself VINDICTIVELY making footstool of enemies.

60. Jesus= ALL of the above
61. Jesus= NONE of the above
62. Jesus= Any more to be added to the above (*********
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#152998 Oct 18, 2012
Buford wrote:
Respond with wisdom dear CATHOLIC butt-urd..
Is Jesus the alleged Father in John 14??

If so allow me to represent John 14, that was written by many "Johnnies":

John 14:

2 In my House are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
4 And you know the way to where I am going.”

5 Thomas said to him,“Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?”

6 Father said to him,“I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to me except through me.

7 If you had known me, you would have known me also. From now on you do know me and have seen me.”

8 Philip said to him,“Lord, show us yourself, and it is enough for us.”

9 Father said to him,“Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen me. How can you say,‘Show us yourself’?

10 Do you not believe that I am in me and I am in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but I who dwell in me do my works.

11 Believe me that I am in me and I am in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.

12“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going me.

13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that I may be glorified in the Son.

14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
16 And I will ask myself, and I will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,

18“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.

20 In that day you will know that I am in me, and you in me, and I in you.

21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by me, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

22Judas (not Iscariot) said to him,“Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?”

23 The Father answered him,“If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and I will love him, and "we" will come to him and make our home with him.
24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but me who sent me.

25 “These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom I will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

AMAZING IS IT NOT?
THE EDUCATED MANGOD LEAVES NO WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS AND CAUSES THE DEATH OF MILLIONS OF JEWS AS CHRIST KILLERS, INCLUDING THOSE IN GAS CHAMBERS, WHILE THE UNLETTERED MAN LEAVES A BEAUTIFUL BOOK OF GOOD NEWS KNOWLEDGE AND GUIDANCE.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#152999 Oct 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
This will help you greatly to improve your reading, comprehension and QUOTING skills:
<quoted text>
No wonder, you cannot understand even the Christian Bible.
rabbee: well so what - if they don't misunderstand it, the same way you do?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#153000 Oct 18, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
rabbee: well cheeseus christ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Curtis Brown column: Trick-or-Treat not to ever... (Oct '10) Sep 19 T Marie 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sep 14 Pariah 4,886
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Sep 14 Bob of Quantum-Faith 843
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... Sep 13 Philbert 23
Anyone still at this forum Aug '16 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug '16 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
More from around the web