Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256357 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#150159 Sep 24, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>Take a break rabbee.
Thinking with intelligence seems to be a problem for you.
rabbee: well apparently you put, absolutly no though with G-D in that.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#150160 Sep 24, 2012
thought

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#150161 Sep 24, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i refuse to accept, the anti-reasoning of this world as true reasoning. for there ain't no reason good enough, to betray G-D here and now in TheTorah.
At least you can understand "your" manual.

Location hidden

#150162 Sep 24, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
What are talking about?
The bible has not changed.
You are talking about men.
The Bible has not changed.
So you are argument is about men instead of the Bible.
What you are saying does not change the content of the Bible.
So you are just repeating he said she said things as your truth.
The Bible has not changed, and the bible is what the Muslims contradict.
So you admit you are ignorant and just here on this thread to spread false hoods.
Hahahah!
You don't even know the history of the councils or the edicts of your church do you?!

Read up on it. Then come back and I will be happy to discuss it with you...but then you won't even wan't to.

It is quite humorous, you calling me ignorant when you have no clue what even transpired for centuries in your own church's history, and the effects it had on the book you call the "holy" bible.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#150163 Sep 24, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> At least you can understand "your" manual.
rabbee: yeah! and it is actually happening now, in the manuel too.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#150164 Sep 24, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahah!
You don't even know the history of the councils or the edicts of your church do you?!
Read up on it. Then come back and I will be happy to discuss it with you...but then you won't even wan't to.
It is quite humorous, you calling me ignorant when you have no clue what even transpired for centuries in your own church's history, and the effects it had on the book you call the "holy" bible.
rabbee: we have more than enough problems, actually here in TheTorah today. without having to worry about, yesterdays and tomorrows.

why worry about a tomorrow, that is never here in TheTorah. while we are all here, in TheTorah today.

just don't listen to the devil, who takes your eyes off of now today in TheTorah Happening.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#150165 Sep 24, 2012
at least you could try, to concentrate on what is actually happening again. here at the near end of this sixth day again, here in TheTorah. right after all of you taking critters and your grandmother have betrayed me again in TheTorah. and after G-D, has finised paddling the rear end of my canoe in the second visit with adam.
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#150166 Sep 24, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahah!
We are talking about the Bible.
You stuck your foot up your ass and now your trying to get it out by changing the subject.
I challenged you and you are walking away.
I pegged from the start as a dumb bell and you are proving me right.
My question is why does the Quran contradict Gods Holy Bible?
Where is your answer?
You said you would defend Islam if it was challenged.
And I Challenged you with my question, "Why does the Quran contradict Gods Holy Bible?"
Where is your answer?

Location hidden

#150167 Sep 24, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: we have more than enough problems, actually here in TheTorah today. without having to worry about, yesterdays and tomorrows.
why worry about a tomorrow, that is never here in TheTorah. while we are all here, in TheTorah today.
just don't listen to the devil, who takes your eyes off of now today in TheTorah Happening.
Taking care of business today IS setting the requisite for tomorrow.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#150168 Sep 24, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>How come the Quran contradicts Gods Holy Bible?
I am challenging you with my question against the religion of Islam?
If Gods Holy Bible is not the eternal word of God as Muslims claim it is not, then why is it not the eternal word of God?
Ask this question from Bible itself!!

When you do not even know who wrote all those books. When you find mistakes, errors, contradictions and discrepancies in the book, what would you say?

Did people VOTE to make the Bible Eternal Word of God? When the title Bible itself is missing from the Bible, how could one vote for it?

Boy, you must be either blind or fool of the first water, or both!!

Location hidden

#150169 Sep 24, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>We are talking about the Bible.
You stuck your foot up your ass and now your trying to get it out by changing the subject.
I challenged you and you are walking away.
I pegged from the start as a dumb bell and you are proving me right.
My question is why does the Quran contradict Gods Holy Bible?
Where is your answer?
You said you would defend Islam if it was challenged.
And I Challenged you with my question, "Why does the Quran contradict Gods Holy Bible?"
Where is your answer?
As I told you stupid, I am not a Muslim-I am not well versed in the Quran.

What the hell don't you understand about that simple statement?

Can't you read and comprehend even a simple statement?

I did NOT say I would defend Islam if it was challenged. YOU just said it.

Why don't you take a class on reading comprehension so you can sensibly interact with other human beings and actually "hear and know" what they say.

Are you intellectually retarded?
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#150171 Sep 24, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>As I told you stupid, I am not a Muslim-I am not well versed in the Quran.
What the hell don't you understand about that simple statement?
Can't you read and comprehend even a simple statement?
I did NOT say I would defend Islam if it was challenged. YOU just said it.
Why don't you take a class on reading comprehension so you can sensibly interact with other human beings and actually "hear and know" what they say.
Are you intellectually retarded?
You need to read your own post Guy.
You placed the challenge in your own post, and I took you up on it.
Here is is your own words:
>>>Yes, I realize that you accept the virgin birth as historical fact, and it is all but vital to your religious doctrine as it has evolved to the present. This has been a heated argument since Constantine, within and without the church fathers and among scholars. As you already know, I do not subscribe to such a belief, but researched it to understand the religion's history. We can discuss this further as an article, as it has far reaching effects, even bringing into question the trinity as it relates to the Christ. Perhaps this is not the proper place to indict and trial the issue, unless someone wishes to use it as argument evidence against the religion of Islam.
I appreciate your candor, and will return that respect equally. I will appreciate discussion with you...

I challenged your remark:
"unless someone wishes to use it as argument evidence against the religion of Islam."

Those are your own words.
And I challenged you with my Question :Why does the Quran contradict Gods Holy Bible?
And you are now trying to squirm out of it.

The Quran contradicts the Virgin birth of Jesus in saying God has no Son.
Gods Holy Bible States that the Child Born of Mary the Virgin shall be called the Son of God.
The Quran contradicts Gods Holy Bible.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#150173 Sep 24, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Taking care of business today IS setting the requisite for tomorrow.
rabbee: for or against G-D now today, determines tomorrows fate. but the business is not mine, but of TheFATHER who sent me.

Location hidden

#150174 Sep 24, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>You need to read your own post Guy.
You placed the challenge in your own post, and I took you up on it.
Here is is your own words:
>>>Yes, I realize that you accept the virgin birth as historical fact, and it is all but vital to your religious doctrine as it has evolved to the present. This has been a heated argument since Constantine, within and without the church fathers and among scholars. As you already know, I do not subscribe to such a belief, but researched it to understand the religion's history. We can discuss this further as an article, as it has far reaching effects, even bringing into question the trinity as it relates to the Christ. Perhaps this is not the proper place to indict and trial the issue, unless someone wishes to use it as argument evidence against the religion of Islam.
I appreciate your candor, and will return that respect equally. I will appreciate discussion with you...
I challenged your remark:
"unless someone wishes to use it as argument evidence against the religion of Islam."
Those are your own words.
And I challenged you with my Question :Why does the Quran contradict Gods Holy Bible?
And you are now trying to squirm out of it.
The Quran contradicts the Virgin birth of Jesus in saying God has no Son.
Gods Holy Bible States that the Child Born of Mary the Virgin shall be called the Son of God.
The Quran contradicts Gods Holy Bible.
Given the above, if the Catholic Church fabricated the Virgin Birth dogma in A.D. 325 then why does the Quran repeat the same fabrication? How did the false doctrine of the Virgin Birth scenario end up in the Quran despite the consistent argument by Muslims that the Quran is the all-inspired word of God and thus contains no errors?
>>>That is not my belief, so I do not claim that to be "truth".<<<

By the way, again, my view is that St. Ignatius's letter proves the Virgin Birth dogma was already established by A.D. 110; however, I am merely addressing the Virgin Birth dogma from your perspective in that you state it appeared in A.D. 325.

Location hidden

#150175 Sep 24, 2012
You see the line with the "darts" on both sides? That is what you failed to comprehend.

“hi ya”

Since: Feb 12

Manchester

#150176 Sep 25, 2012
Lord-Voldemort wrote:
Allah's symbol is the Crescent. The crescent is also a Wiccan symbol, as Witches do their spells by the moon's phases. However, while Allah is indubitably portrayed as a male deity, the Wiccan goddess in undeniably female, with derivations from Diana, Demeter and Isis. No stoning or flogging there. We'll leave that to bigots who can't keep their noses out of other people's lives.
I think allah's cult is a variant fanatical form of Diana's cult.
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#150177 Sep 25, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the above, if the Catholic Church fabricated the Virgin Birth dogma in A.D. 325 then why does the Quran repeat the same fabrication? How did the false doctrine of the Virgin Birth scenario end up in the Quran despite the consistent argument by Muslims that the Quran is the all-inspired word of God and thus contains no errors?
By the way, again, my view is that St. Ignatius's letter proves the Virgin Birth dogma was already established by A.D. 110; however, I am merely addressing the Virgin Birth dogma from your perspective in that you state it appeared in A.D. 325.
You are mixed up guy.
My position has always been that Gods Holy Bible is the truth of God.
It is you that miss-quoted your self.
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#150178 Sep 25, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
You see the line with the "darts" on both sides? That is what you failed to comprehend.
What don't you claim to be true?
The Quran or Gods Holy Bible?

Location hidden

#150179 Sep 25, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>You are mixed up guy.
My position has always been that Gods Holy Bible is the truth of God.
It is you that miss-quoted your self.
It is you who fails to properly read and comprehend what is said.

Location hidden

#150180 Sep 25, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>What don't you claim to be true?
The Quran or Gods Holy Bible?
I don't believe either to be 100% correct. But, as I said I am not well read on the Quran, so am not prepared to argue it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Apr 18 Jogirl 52
News Magic 101: Who was Aleister Crowley? (Mar '11) Apr 6 skeptic 176
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb '17 guest 119
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Feb '17 Not a modern Chri... 15
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb '17 stalk this 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb '17 Eagle 12 4,947
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Feb '17 Nicole Orsak 117
More from around the web