Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256604 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Nitro, WV

#87904 Jul 8, 2011
HughBe wrote:
"But christanity has open arms to every evildoer under the heavens as we can read in the good news."
Let me say this VERY CLEARLY. You and ALL of YOURS who support your ejaculation above should have some BASIC class and BASIC self-respect and have no dealings with Christians beyond what is compulsory e.g. in business.
Why?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#87905 Jul 8, 2011
Some Assembly Required wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! You help to ground the gospel record. Samaritans as contaminants. Despised by all right thinking and believing Jews, so what is the gospel writer saying about what YHWH prizes most?
You asked! The gospel writer was doing what he does best.
Saying 'you don't have to change - just believe'. And distorting the G-d of the Tanakh by making it seem that the "OLD" book didn't teach about love, mercy/grace, and forgiveness, but the "new and improved" god does.

Since: Apr 11

Nitro, WV

#87906 Jul 8, 2011
Spamturd,

Why are you the way that you are?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#87907 Jul 8, 2011
To those who do not know and to those who want to know God is going to punish every last one of the deceivers and liars who lead people away from Him and to themselves via their fabricated doctrines.

You can only be righteous by DOING god's commandments. Man made commandments are of no value.(context)

The average should be able to understand Deuteronomy 6 that supports my point.

"And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do ALL these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us."

What is amazing is, how can ANY averagely intelligent person NOT ask himself or herself whether or not is it reasonable to believe that a person can make their own rules to worship God and it becomes acceptable to Him?

Let us use sex as an example, do you do what you want to do and then say that it must be acceptable to your partner?

Do you think that in order to SATISFY or please your partner you MUST do what he or she wants?

How can any man make up rules and think that God is going to accept them?

Do you make up rules and give it to your employers and say you must accept them?

Regardless of what anyone might feel, it is God's way or the highway.

Too much deception and dishonesty and it SHALL be punished.

Since: Apr 11

Nitro, WV

#87908 Jul 8, 2011
SeasideSoon wrote:
You asked! The gospel writer was doing what he does best.
Saying 'you don't have to change - just believe'. And distorting the G-d of the Tanakh by making it seem that the "OLD" book didn't teach about love, mercy/grace, and forgiveness, but the "new and improved" god does.
Hmm, I thought that the gospel writer was saying that true observance of the Law of Moses means caring for complete strangers who have been beaten half to death and left in a ditch.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#87909 Jul 8, 2011
Some Assembly Required wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
"Why?"

Are you asking why people like him should have some BASIC class and BASIC self-respect?

If so the answer is, I deem him to be a human being and as such I think that he should have BASIC self-respect and class.

If this is not your question, please be specific. I feel that you have something else to say.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#87910 Jul 8, 2011
I may come again, tonight.
Frijoles

Ellington, CT

#87911 Jul 9, 2011
HughBe wrote:
I may come again, tonight.
not sure if you are a pervert or just a loon with a messiah complex, or both....
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#87912 Jul 9, 2011
SCHOLAR:

Manipulating soemone's mind does not mean that a Force is put into the nervous system of the where it will lead to your collapse since you obviously lack the capacity to hold it.

Mind control is done by formulating suggestions or mental formations that influence the mind of the other person.

As far as Dovid is concerned, I simply inquired about him without making any effort to put a formation or a suggestion on him to come online.

I can do this with the greatest ease....


As far as your other views or comments are concerned, I'll simply ignore them since I refuse to condescend to a low level.

By the by, it does not surprise me that you could quote the BBC as an authority on Yoga and Yogis considering the fact that you are totally in the dark about the higher laws of existence.

Best Wishes
Frijoles

Ellington, CT

#87913 Jul 9, 2011
HughBe wrote:
To those who do not know and to those who want to know God is going to punish every last one of the deceivers and liars who lead people away from Him and to themselves via their fabricated doctrines.
somebody is fresh from church, I see....

more brotherly love, I see.....
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#87914 Jul 9, 2011
QUESTIONS:

1) Is evolution concerned with material upgradation or does it deal with the evolution of both matter and consciousness? How?

2) Is time a force of nature or is it a convention?

3) Is it possible to make time stand still? How?
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#87915 Jul 9, 2011
CORRECTION:

Manipulating soemone's mind does not mean that a Force is put into the nervous system of the PERSON CONCERNED where it will lead to HIS collapse since HE WOULD obviously lack the capacity to hold it.
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#87916 Jul 9, 2011
QUESTION:

Would matter and its operations appear the same if they were to be perceieved sans the sense faculties and the sense-informed physical dimension of the consciounsess? Is this possible?
skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#87917 Jul 9, 2011
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
SCHOLAR:
Manipulating soemone's mind does not mean that a Force is put into the nervous system of the where it will lead to your collapse since you obviously lack the capacity to hold it.
Mind control is done by formulating suggestions or mental formations that influence the mind of the other person.
As far as Dovid is concerned, I simply inquired about him without making any effort to put a formation or a suggestion on him to come online.
I can do this with the greatest ease....
As far as your other views or comments are concerned, I'll simply ignore them since I refuse to condescend to a low level.
By the by, it does not surprise me that you could quote the BBC as an authority on Yoga and Yogis considering the fact that you are totally in the dark about the higher laws of existence.
Best Wishes
Your mind Joe, has already been manipulated by the ancient books you read, and you are still ignorant of truth.
You are a story teller Joe, and your stories are from ancient history.
Your insight is on things is way off.
We on this thread are manipulalting you Joe.
we allow you to babble and amuse us.
Frijoles

Ellington, CT

#87918 Jul 9, 2011
skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>Your mind Joe, has already been manipulated by the ancient books you read, and you are still ignorant of truth.
You are a story teller Joe, and your stories are from ancient history.
Your insight is on things is way off.
We on this thread are manipulalting you Joe.
we allow you to babble and amuse us.
He does not follow ancient books (he follows his imgination), and he is not ignorant of truth. Stupid, yes, but not ignorant.

But you are 100% correct that it is US who allows him to babble and amuse us. Therefore it is all of us who are manipulating him.
Frijoles

Ellington, CT

#87919 Jul 9, 2011
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
SCHOLAR:
I can do this with the greatest ease....
"...He'd fly through the air with the greatest of ease,
That daring young man on the flying trapeze...."

Pretty much sums up your parlour tricks....
Frijoles

Ellington, CT

#87920 Jul 9, 2011
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
SCHOLAR:
As far as your other views or comments are concerned, I'll simply ignore them since I refuse to condescend to a low level.
What a shock. Wimping out in the face of criticism. Next you will be labeling him as possessed.

Since: Apr 11

Nitro, WV

#87921 Jul 9, 2011
MAAT wrote:
Jesus's Acceptance of AllPosted on 06/18/11, 03:59 am
I love this account about Jesus in Mark:
2:15-17
While Jesus was having dinner at Levi's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the "sinners" and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: "Why does he eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
This touches my heart. It serves as a great reminder that Jesus didn't discriminate among anyone. He would answer to anyone who called to him. It also gives us a good idea of how we should treat those who the Pharisees would've chastised today, i.e. non-believers, sinners etc.
Jesus's love is so beautiful..
__________
Beautifull example of the real meaning of christian love :jesus teaching how to hate jews.
As if a christian even knows what a pharisee is.
As we've seen they don't.
But every other sinner etc. is welcome.
Pharisees
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11789b.htm

Since: Apr 11

Nitro, WV

#87922 Jul 9, 2011
Frijoles wrote:
What a shock. Wimping out in the face of criticism. Next you will be labeling him as possessed.
I'd still like to know which of Jesus' direct disciples Yoda was.
Frijoles

Ellington, CT

#87923 Jul 9, 2011
Some Assembly Required wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd still like to know which of Jesus' direct disciples Yoda was.
I think it was a typo. I think what he really meant was that he was one of these:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5L213Ip_Dg4/STjXe0X...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb 28 guest 119
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Feb 27 Not a modern Chri... 15
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb 26 stalk this 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb '17 Eagle 12 4,947
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Feb '17 Nicole Orsak 117
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Feb '17 Kcreoke 2
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan '17 Rabbeen Al Jihad 20
More from around the web