Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 228374 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Jihad

Brooklyn, NY

#213282 Aug 25, 2014
Muslims live by the millions in the West, yet they don’t see the connection between individual freedom and reason for creating progress. They are content to purchase western-built technology their culture in incapable of creating, from cell phones to advanced weapons, to use to destroy the civilization that produced them.
Sharia is desired by fools who want to destroy instead of create.
ISIS can not build cars or planes, but can destroy them.
They Suck.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#213283 Aug 25, 2014
Jihad wrote:
Muslims live by the millions in the West, yet they don’t see the connection between individual freedom and reason for creating progress. They are content to purchase western-built technology their culture in incapable of creating, from cell phones to advanced weapons, to use to destroy the civilization that produced them.
Sharia is desired by fools who want to destroy instead of create.
ISIS can not build cars or planes, but can destroy them.
They Suck.
It is now time for the US and the UK to destroy ISIS and redeem themselves. They had destroyed Iraq and the region.

They attacked Iraq and we got the mess. They attacked Libya and we got another mess. They supported the groups in Syria and we got another big mess, which led to ISIS storming Iraq.

If these bloody fools, the leaders of the US and the UK had not done that, there would have been no ISIS.

What did we get after Saddam and Ghaddafi? ISIS, courtesy US and UK.

If these two countries could invade Iraq under blatant lies shamelessly, they can now attack ISIS and finish them off. They could then hold their heads high.

This is their golden chance to redeem themselves.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#213284 Aug 25, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
American Thinker? What is that thing, Buford? What does an 'American Thinker' think with?
I have not yet found any American here, who can really read and think.
When you can't intelligently respond, you attack the messenger.
bmz

Singapore

#213285 Aug 25, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Which messenger did I attack?
Eric

Aurora, IL

#213286 Aug 25, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Which messenger did I attack?
1. The internet publication "The American Thinker"
2. Mike Konrad the author of the article cited

Now, would you be interested in responding to Mr. Konrad's article?
bmz

Singapore

#213287 Aug 25, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Please read my post #7,#18,#46 and then continue reading my posts. Will appreciate if you can read intelligently and understand.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TQB...

Really

Amman, Jordan

#213288 Aug 25, 2014
I prefer the nobody who doesnt have blood in his hands to the someone who has 969 and counting innocent blood in his hands.
Christians committed crimes and when they went back to their book, they found nothing in the teaching of Jesus to support their claim. Those they kill and those who were killed learnt to move on and let revenge in the hands of God. They learned to live in peace and harmony.

The "someone" with all hand stained with blood brought messages full of hatred toward the jew.
Their silly God commandeered the murder of jew and promised to have them all wiped out. after 14 centuries, their intelligent God is still at a lost as to how to deal with the Jew.

But anyway, bmz, u r nothing than a troll. You are very intelligent. Everything show that You are an apostate, full with hatred as you were taught. Search the true light.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really! I never meant that, so how can you be so stupid to write "You mean........."
Jesus was a nobody in Palestine and he did not face brute folks, pagans and warring tribes. If he had been sent to warring tribes, he would have lost his head on day one.
In order to be able to understand what was being discussed read the exchanges before hitting the keyboard foolishly.
Christians have only stopped killing the Jews in the last Century. Do you want them to kill more in their silly God's name?
Kareem O Wheat

Canton, MA

#213289 Aug 25, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello deranged person...
Mary is being worshipped...
Dove is feminine. Father-mother-son. makes sense? father-dove-son is bordering on bestiality....
Get a passport and get out of that well.
Perhaps they will welcome a black irish christian lunatic.
This is from Christians:
"The worship of Mary is an attack on God Himself. Mary becomes the mother of the Son of God. Mary becomes the mother of God in their language. She is called the Queen of heaven, and therefore she is the rival of the King of heaven, the sovereign God Himself. As we have learned, she is granted sovereignty. She is worthy of worship, worthy of praise. She demands if you want salvation that you adore her, that you love her, that you enthrone her because she is loving, gracious, merciful. She is all-knowing, all seeing and all powerful. Delaguare(?) in The Glories of Mary, page 566, quote: "At the command of Mary all obey, even God." Blasphemy against God.
Mary is the comforter. Mary is the sympathizer. Mary is the helper. Mary is the empowerer. Mary is the advocate. Mary is the encourager. Mary is even the sanctifier who works to make her children pure. "
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...
Pius IX, Ubi Primum, 1849: "For God has committed to Mary the treasury of all good things, in order that everyone may know that THROUGH HER are obtained every hope, every grace, and ALL SALVATION. For this is his will, that we obtain everything through Mary."
Paul VI, Christi Matri: "The Church...been accustomed to have recourse to that most ready intercessor, her Mother Mary...For as St. Irenaeus says, she 'has become the cause of salvation for the whole human race."
John Paul II, Dives in Misericordia, 1980, quoting Lumen Gentium: "In fact, by being assumed into heaven she has not laid aside the office of salvation but by the manifold intercession she continues to obtain for us the grace of eternal salvation."
Pope John Paul II again said: "Membership in the Militia means complete dedication to the Kingdom of God and to the salvation of souls through Mary Immaculate."
So excessive reverence of "some" Christians towards Mary is far worse to Allah than belief in the Trinity which practically all Christians share and all members ARE clearly declared a part of God. As you even said, 5:116 has nothing to do with the Trinity, right?. So Allah is going to be far more concerned about a potentially wayward group of Christians, then their actual overwhelming majority belief and worship of the Trinity. The Trinity beliefs seem like they are second fiddle to Allah based on how he is supposed to behave.

For Christians, Mary simply can never be God or a God unless she is part of the Trinity. But good news for Christians, apparently Allah doesn't really even care much about Trinitarian beliefs and cares far more about beliefs of Jesus and Mary as Gods. It's almost as though Allah wasn't aware of their deepest and most core beliefs of the Trinity and who is in it..
Kareem O Wheat

Canton, MA

#213290 Aug 25, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is the advocate.
You mean advocate of those who honor her, and by advocate, that means she advocates on their behalf to God, right? That's a quote from what you quoted. Whoever wrote it didn't realize how stupid it was to write what he wrote. So how does God advocate to God on someone's behalf? An intercessor could do that, but I can't see how God can be an intercessor with God. People pray to Mary to ask he to pray to God on their behalf. They don't do that in the case of Jesus.

Anyway, we both know that you know exactly what I mean. you're just trying to find any way out of the big problem of God being more concerned about Mary worship than the Trinity in the end times, even though almost all Christians believe the Trinity and none take Mary as God, aka being in the Trinity. She has to be in the Trinity before she can be God.

It really really really seems odd to me for the Quran to rail against the Trinity, and yet never once mention who is actually in it, and instead mentions Jesus and Mary. Everytime it mentions two others, it's always Jesus and Mary.

So I think what makes a lot more sense is to say OF COURSE Allah cared about the Trinity, and not only that he cared enough to mention who was in it he cared enough to warn about what he will say about the Trinitarian beliefs on the last day. The Quran is telling us that Allah will ask about Jesus and Mary, because the author thought of Jesus and Mary as being part of the Trinity. So OF COURSE Allah cares enough about the Trinity to tell us who is in it and what he will do about it on the last day. It makes perfect sense. Much more sense than saying God's going to care about Jesus and Mary being two Gods, but won't care as much about the Trinity. He cares about the Trinity because Jesus and Mary are in it, and 5:116 is clearly about the Trinity.

And if Muhammad, whoops, I meant Allah, didn't flub who was in it, we wouldn't even be having this conversation and we would both agree that the Quran says Jesus will be asked about the thing that Allah hates the worst from Christians, the Trinity.
Kareem O Wheat

Canton, MA

#213291 Aug 25, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is now time for the US and the UK to destroy ISIS and redeem themselves.
If the US did that, there's going to be some very angry Sunni Iraqis. Did you ever wonder why these people barely had to fire a shot to take these locations? They are quite popular with the Sunnis, that's why. That's who basically let them in by just dropping their weapons and welcoming them.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#213292 Aug 25, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please read my post #7,#18,#46 and then continue reading my posts. Will appreciate if you can read intelligently and understand.
So why didn't you so respond when first confronted with the article instead of blaming the messenger?

btw, I care not what your opinion is on the subject or whether you or Mr. Konrad is correct. The question was your initial response.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#213293 Aug 25, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we have seen that according to you, you have "No Proof" that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses , Aaron, David, Solomon...Jesus no one really existed.
So why you worry about these things.
We just landed from no where straight into the 21st century.... that is what matters today.
So enjoy the life and leave these "serious topics" to people who have heads for such things.
MUQ1,

I haven't remarked at all about Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, David, or Solomon, while I have spent some time wondering about the actual genetic relation that Jesus may have had to David.

How is it that you can so easily lie about what I supposedly said in this Forum? It's because you are presumptuous, arrogant, and stupid.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#213294 Aug 25, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
American Thinker? What is that thing, Buford? What does an 'American Thinker' think with?
I have not yet found any American here, who can really read and think.
You and MUQ1 must be twin brothers.

“Peace begins with a smile”

Since: Aug 14

Earth

#213295 Aug 25, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
You and MUQ1 must be twin brothers.
Or step brothers
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#213296 Aug 25, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we have seen that according to you, you have "No Proof" that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses , Aaron, David, Solomon...Jesus no one really existed.
So why you worry about these things.
We just landed from no where straight into the 21st century.... that is what matters today.
So enjoy the life and leave these "serious topics" to people who have heads for such things.
What matters today, MUQwad, is that your co-religionists are on a bloody rampage "for Allah and His Messenger" all over the world, but ESPECIALLY in your own corner of the "Ummah." Do you and your fellow Wahabi's have "heads for such things" as actually putting a definitive end to such "deviations" from "true" Islamic practice, meaning Wahabi, where women MUST NOT drive cars on their own?

LOL!!!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#213297 Aug 25, 2014
MUQtard,

Deal with this: http://www.aleteia.org/en/world/article/ten-t...

Excerpt:

“As an offshoot from al-Qaeda, ISIS follows the theology of the Wahabi sect of Sunni Islam, which began in eastern Arabia in the 1740's,” says Father Pacwa.“Their passion is the oneness of God and the elimination of all shirk, or association of anyone or anything with God. The early Wahabis were disgusted by the honors shown to the Prophet Muhammad at his tomb in Medina, so they completely destroyed it.... Their catechesis in Arabia emphasized the absolute oneness of God and summoned all Muslims to join them in enforcing this doctrine, or die.”
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#213298 Aug 25, 2014
BALANCING THE EQUATION

Father Pacwa appears a Christian pastor. If so, I am sure his aim is to promote his Jesus among the non-Christians ("heathens") and to "save" them by converting them to Christianity as his master Jesus desired. Like Jesus, I am sure Father Pacwa will willingly curse, abuse and rant against those who refuse to accept his mangod as ruler, lord and creator of the universe.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#213299 Aug 25, 2014
El Cid wrote:
MUQtard,
Deal with this: http://www.aleteia.org/en/world/article/ten-t...
Excerpt:
“As an offshoot from al-Qaeda, ISIS follows the theology of the Wahabi sect of Sunni Islam, which began in eastern Arabia in the 1740's,” says Father Pacwa.“Their passion is the oneness of God and the elimination of all shirk, or association of anyone or anything with God. The early Wahabis were disgusted by the honors shown to the Prophet Muhammad at his tomb in Medina, so they completely destroyed it.... Their catechesis in Arabia emphasized the absolute oneness of God and summoned all Muslims to join them in enforcing this doctrine, or die.”
Neither you nor the author knows anything about the subject they are writing.

They link issues that has nothing to with each other....gullible and people with little or no

knowledge lap it up as "pure honey dripping from the mouth".

I am not surprised that you are "taken in" by this article.

JUBAIL, KSA

#213300 Aug 25, 2014
PS:

And the way you mutilate my name ... shows what sort of person you really are.

JUBAIL, KSA

#213301 Aug 25, 2014
El Cid wrote:
1. MUQ1,

I haven't remarked at all about Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, David, or Solomon, while I have spent some time wondering about the actual genetic relation that Jesus may have had to David.

How is it that you can so easily lie about what I supposedly said in this Forum? It's because you are presumptuous, arrogant, and stupid.

2. What matters today, MUQwad, is that your co-religionists are on a bloody rampage "for Allah and His Messenger" all over the world, but ESPECIALLY in your own corner of the "Ummah." Do you and your fellow Wahabi's have "heads for such things" as actually putting a definitive end to such "deviations" from "true" Islamic practice, meaning Wahabi, where women MUST NOT drive cars on their own?

LOL!!!
Ans.

1. Yes you did not remark about Abraham, Issac….Jesus etc. Their name “cropped up” when we were discussing about “conclusive proofs”.

What purpose would it serve to find out “genetic relationship between two people who might not have existed at all”?

2. Do not be such a “short sighted person”…. What some small minority groups might be doing in the name of religion, cannot overshadow the real teachings of religion.

When discussing on subjects we should be focused and not let our minds wander here and there.

This is the tendency I found in most people. They do not know what they are discussing and what is the subject of discussion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 2 hr thetruth 42
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 4 hr ChristineW 14,659
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jul 24 skylar 108
Shadows and sounds Jul 23 Dizy 1
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Jul 4 Pam 11
News What is Asatru? (Dec '10) Jul 3 ex pagan 2
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun '15 Drake_Burrwood 1
More from around the web