Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256493 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#213363 Aug 27, 2014
99.99 % Brits would get an inferiorty complex living in the swank localities of South Mumbai. LMFAO.
Alex WM

London, UK

#213364 Aug 27, 2014
JOEL wrote:
MUMBAI ranks 6th in the top 10 global list of cities being home to the largest number of USD billionaires. Kudos.
lol!!
ONe of the smelliest of places on earth with paupers in tin huts in their millions all around the "billionaire" residences?
You really are a joker!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#213365 Aug 27, 2014
Ya Ma. LOL.
Alex WM

London, UK

#213366 Aug 27, 2014
JOEL wrote:
India with 103 billionaires has a higher number of billionaires than France, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, Italy and Hong Kong and Mumbai with 26 billionaires has more billionaires than Shanghai, Paris, Bonn, Rome or Los Angeles. India's billionaires are Indians and not overseas billionaires or persons of foreign origin as one sees in London, LA or NY. In terms of the overall number of millionaires, India ranks 11th. India is also expected to rise from 11th place in 2012 to 5th place in 2020. Kudos.
lol!!!
We have more than 104 £billionaires in UK! So what?
Proportionately you should have...at least 2100 £billionaires!
Yeah, right!
You are a loser dear punkawallah.
Alex WM

London, UK

#213367 Aug 27, 2014
JOEL wrote:
99.99 % Brits would get an inferiorty complex living in the swank localities of South Mumbai. LMFAO.
That is why they are queuing up outside your house to gain permanent entry to India!!
LOL...
All the brown punkas are begging to come here!
Wonder why!
Alex WM

London, UK

#213368 Aug 27, 2014
JOEL wrote:
S-wank localities??
POVERTY IN MUMBAI....
https://www.google.co.uk/search...

http://www.dailyfresher.com/2013/03/poverty-i...
Peace not be upon him

United States

#213369 Aug 27, 2014
Allah is al ilah and the kabba stone Is a metoer the arabs worshiped and inside are three collums I beleive represent the three sister goddes of islam al uzza al minat al lat wich muhammad used theese whores in reference to convert the pagan arabs where muhammad commited mushirken wich were removed from the quran so the noble quran has been altered
Alex WM

London, UK

#213370 Aug 27, 2014
JOEL wrote:
Ya Ma. LOL.
Come on...which one is you? Tell us!!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NuBaNBGRbrA/T2i5zVm...
Alex WM

London, UK

#213371 Aug 27, 2014
JOEL wrote:
Ya Ma. LOL.
Or...
Which one is you? Tell us...lol
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FefsMg__gyw/T2ur2N3...

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#213372 Aug 28, 2014
Kareem wrote:
01. All I did was to cite what the Quran says. Allah will not ask Jesus if he told them to worship a Trinity, or ask Jesus if he told them to worship him and the Holy Spirit, Instead, Allah will ask Jesus if he told them to worship him and his mother as two Gods besides Allah.

02. Now while that might add up to three, that has absolutely nothing to do with the Trinity, right? Right? So Allah will think it was more important to ask about beliefs in Jesus and Mary as two Gods, than to ask about beliefs in a Trinity of Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

03. In fact, while the Quran clearly says the Trinity is wrong, it never mentions who is in it. Every time the issue of two other Gods besides Allah or Allah being one of three is mentioned, the other two mentioned are always Jesus and Mary.

04. There is no accusation in the entire Quran of Christians taking Jesus and the Holy Spirit as two Gods besides Allah. 5:73-75 deals with the subject, but while it is on the subject of Christians taking Allah as one of three Gods, and it continues on to tell us why they are not Gods, it never mentions the Holy Spirit at all. Only Jesus. But, it DOES mention Mary. Hmmmmm.......Could it be that she is the third of the three mentioned in 5:73?
Ans.

01. There was no word like “Trinity” when Jesus was preaching his message. He never even heard it, so why God will ask him about Trinity?

02. Who are members of Trinity is not clear and Christians sects have differences over that.

03. Worship of Mary is very popular with Christians and Worship of Jesus is also Universal. I do not know any one “Worships” the “Poor” Holy Ghost!!

He is always a “go-between” God, Jesus and Humans, I do not know what type of god is He!

04. It is not the style of Quran to enter into useless debates, it stops the arguments with Clear guidelines.

It says “Do not say Trinity, desist it would be better for you…”

“Those who say Allah is one of the Three have done a Blasphemy…”

Allah will ask Jesus if he asked his followers to worship him and his mother… which is the most prudent question.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#213373 Aug 28, 2014
@ Joel and his "Boasts"

India is really a story in "Contrasts".

We have "Filthy Rich" and "extremely poor" living side by side....as if they belonged to two different worlds.

There are Mittals, Ahujas, and so many Billionaires of Indian origin so as to buy Whole of England, France and Germany and entire Europe.... but back in India there are hundreds of millions of beggars, and hundreds of millions not having roof over their head.

India is shining very bright , but for less that 0.01 % of its huge population, Our "India Shining" people want to present only One Sided Image of India to outside world and trying to "ignore" or down grade the other side of India.

I do not know if there is any other country in the world with so much Contrast....

But Hinduism was "always" known for its "Contrast" by which they mistreated "majority of its population" thru caste based system.

India is really a puzzle for any one who wants to study Two sides of the same coin!!
Chong Wei

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#213374 Aug 28, 2014
No-doubt wrote:
Shitte doesn't know thing about Islam
Holy place is not Iraq but Jerusalem ve bacca /macca
Shitte kill Muslim ordering to kill Muslim while killing Muslim is major sin
Eternel he'll
They claim Thing not mentioned in Quran
They have zero knowledge
About Islam
U r sayin Shiite doesn't know shite about Islam. Let IS decapitate them all!

Since: Aug 14

Brighton, UK

#213375 Aug 28, 2014
I am fully aware that this will cause some upset, but i can't help but read these comments and worry about peoples sanity. Having a serious discussion about who Allah is, is like having a discussion about who has ever seen the tooth fairy.... Nobody follows religion because they have ever witnessed God. They follow because they have been brainwashed (taught) into believing. Come on guys, it's 2014. How about we all just start looking at facts and science, instead of imaginary people that never existed.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#213376 Aug 28, 2014
JOEL wrote:
I need to pee and break wind - where's Johnny/BMZ, the stinking toilet pot?
Hello, Sammy

Like a true Indian, you can relieve yourself by the roadside or a wall, Sammy.

http://mattersindia.com/urinating-in-public-e...

http://www.therakyatpost.com/life/2014/05/05/...
Cheers, Sammy!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#213377 Aug 28, 2014
Craig1980 wrote:
I am fully aware that this will cause some upset, but i can't help but read these comments and worry about peoples sanity. Having a serious discussion about who Allah is, is like having a discussion about who has ever seen the tooth fairy.... Nobody follows religion because they have ever witnessed God. They follow because they have been brainwashed (taught) into believing. Come on guys, it's 2014. How about we all just start looking at facts and science, instead of imaginary people that never existed.
You can't handle the tooth!

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Nonbelievers!!!! I have indisputable PROOF that the Tooth Fairy is real!?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#213378 Aug 28, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!!!
We have more than 104 £billionaires in UK! So what?
Proportionately you should have...at least 2100 £billionaires!
Yeah, right!
You are a loser dear punkawallah.
Ouch! You hit Sammy very hard.

Salaams
BMZ
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#213379 Aug 28, 2014
http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v7/newsindex.p...

Malaysia Condemns Islamic State Militants In Syria, Iraq - Najib

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 27 (Bernama)-- Malaysia strongly condemned the action of the Islamic State militants in Syria and Iraq and felt deeply saddened by the crimes committed in the name of Islam, which is a religion of peace.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said, Malaysia deplored those responsible and called on the international community to act in concert to prevent further violence.

"We must fight extremism with moderation and work to rebuild the bonds between communities shattered by war.

"Muslims around the world have watched in horror as a new conflict tears into Syria and Iraq. As reports of mass executions and killing of civilians surface and graphic evidence of brutality emerges, we have been appalled," he said in a statement here, Wednesday.

Najib said, when states failed or were broken by war, extremists saw opportunity and they preyed on the differences between people using faith as a cover for atrocities.

The extremists, however, did not speak for Muslims, Najib said, adding that the action of the Islamic state militants were against the teaching of Islam, culture and humanity.

"They are against the teachings of the Prophet, a man of peace and moderation and against Islamic law, which prizes the protection of life above all," he said.

Najib said around the world, the majority of Muslims sought to live free from violence.

"We do not recognise the vision of our faith being forced on innocent civilians - whether Sunni, Shia or Christian - over the barrel of a gun," he said.
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#213380 Aug 28, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
02. Who are members of Trinity is not clear and Christians sects have differences over that.[/QUOTER]

Who are these sects and how many of them are there?

[QUOTE who="MUQ1"]<quote d text>
03. Worship of Mary is very popular with Christians and Worship of Jesus is also Universal. I do not know any one “Worships” the “Poor” Holy Ghost!!
Well that's what Christians actually believe and do. There is a non Trinitarian sect called Unitarians, but there is no Trinity that consists of Jesus and Mary.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It says “Do not say Trinity, desist it would be better for you…”
“Those who say Allah is one of the Three have done a Blasphemy…”
Allah will ask Jesus if he asked his followers to worship him and his mother… which is the most prudent question.
I think that even you can see that when we put those things you referenced together, it spells out a Trinity of God the Father, Mary the Mother, and Jesus the Son. I think that Muhammad might have witnessed or known about some wayward, heretical sects in his area and assumed that this was what Christianity meant by Trinity, and he had no knowledge of the overwhelming majority of Christian beliefs and church doctrine, even in his own time, let alone what would happen for the rest of Christian history. It's one thing for the Quran to scold Christians for worshiping a Trinity, and worshiping Jesus and Mary during Muhammad's time, but when you have this come up on the last day, that clearly means it's saying Christians will have always believed in a Trinity with Jesus and Mary in it. These things were all merely Muhammad's perceptions, and he had a limited exposure to Christianity.
JOEL

Thane, India

#213381 Aug 28, 2014
Craig1980 wrote:
Come on guys, it's 2014. How about we all just start looking at facts and science, instead of imaginary people that never existed.
Agreed to a large extent that most of what passes off as religion is fiction.

Now, let's examine science and its claims,

How do you explain the phenomenon of life and its innate features in purely physical terms if at all these can be rationally explained and verified?
JOEL

Thane, India

#213382 Aug 28, 2014
Craig1980 wrote:
like having a discussion about who has ever seen the tooth fairy....
What do you mean by a tooth fairy?

How do you know whether fairies exist or not or are you taking your personal case of not being capable of perceiving fairies and generalizing for the whole population?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Thu mascari wears horns 18
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 22 Eagle 12 4,947
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Feb 22 Nicole Orsak 117
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Feb 7 Kcreoke 2
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Jan 30 lee77 117
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan 26 Rabbeen Al Jihad 20
Splash X Damage (Apr '08) Jan '17 Jahmahlol 6
More from around the web