Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#1675 Jan 2, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
No question is pointless only answers are pointless.
Ok lets say you have 1% of all the data, information and knowledge in the universe, now what are the possible odds that in the other 99% of all the data, information and knowledge in the universe God exists.
No one can say that they know 100% that God does not exist until you have all the data, information and knowledge in the universe. The opposite is not true I can know something with 100% assurance with out knowing all the data, information and knowledge in the universe.
Just a thought that shoots down all claims that anyone know there is no God. thanks for playing, not many have the guts.
The same logic applies to fairies and leprechauns.... not a very compelling argument in support of the "God conjecture"

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#1676 Jan 2, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right.
Moses actually went up the mountain three times:
The first time Moses went up the mountain, he came back down with no stone tablets. He just recited what God was supposed to have told him and that is the list of do's and don'ts in Exodus 20.
Moses went up the mountain a second time. This time he came back with stone tablets engraved with ten commandments which he smashed in a fit of pique.
Moses went back up a third time to get a replacement set of tablets which God duly provided for him. These commandments were the same as the ones on the smashed tablets so it's safe to say that they were more important than the first, verbal edicts.
There was no outlawing of killing and stealing on these ten divine enactments. What they did contain were orders that the Jews had to observe the Feast of Weeks (whatever that was) as well as not to cook a kid goat in its mother's milk.
If you look at the full ten in Exodus 34:28 and Deuteronomy 4:13 you'll see that the commandments inscribed on stone tablets were quite different to what is commonly regarded as the Ten Commandments.
So, the stone tablets kept in the Ark of the Covenant were the ones that Moses brought down on his third trip.
According to the Bible, Moses was on the mountain more the three times.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#1677 Jan 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
The same logic applies to fairies and leprechauns.... not a very compelling argument in support of the "God conjecture"
It is 100% proof that no one can claim that they know with 100% knowledge that there is no God, and yes the demonic spirits that are known as fairies and leprechauns exist to.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#1678 Jan 2, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
It is 100% proof that no one can claim that they know with 100% knowledge that there is no God, and yes the demonic spirits that are known as fairies and leprechauns exist to.
Religion is for frightened infantile minds who prefer absurdity to uncertainty.

You are the finest example of this that I have seen in a long time.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#1679 Jan 2, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
It is 100% proof that no one can claim that they know with 100% knowledge that there is no God, and yes the demonic spirits that are known as fairies and leprechauns exist to.
BTW, I can prove there is no Bible God.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#1680 Jan 2, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
All those words but you still did not actually give me an answer, perhaps it is because you know so little.
What you personally know make all the difference in the universe, for example I do not know what colour hair you have or how many fleas are in your hair or if you have any hair at all. That does not mean that you do not know this information.
Go on answer the question: Of all the data information and knowledge in the Universe how much do you personally know.?
Come on be brave answer the question, up to now it has nothing to do with any god or with God just an estimation of your actually knowledge.
I only have to know that a snake will bite, to keep my hands away. I need not know every snake fact or fallacy, that comes with the snake, one or two bits of data are more than enough.

The same is true of gods, consider the three-in-one, who claims to have created all things, with his very own words, he has nullified himself. He was beaten by the iron chariot, promises a risen from death zombie return, which is thousands of years past due, and seriously claims that all pleas will be fulfilled if only you use the magic formula of asking in his name. Well, obviously that god is false, since none have any more proof than any other, all are equally dismissible as pure tripe.

You may have to have the distance between the moon and Mars calculated to the exact minute detail, to know that your ass itches, but almost everyone else simply knows that there is an itch.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#1681 Jan 2, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I only have to know that a snake will bite, to keep my hands away. I need not know every snake fact or fallacy, that comes with the snake, one or two bits of data are more than enough.
The same is true of gods, consider the three-in-one, who claims to have created all things, with his very own words, he has nullified himself. He was beaten by the iron chariot, promises a risen from death zombie return, which is thousands of years past due, and seriously claims that all pleas will be fulfilled if only you use the magic formula of asking in his name. Well, obviously that god is false, since none have any more proof than any other, all are equally dismissible as pure tripe.
You may have to have the distance between the moon and Mars calculated to the exact minute detail, to know that your ass itches, but almost everyone else simply knows that there is an itch.
And you love people to scrath yours!

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#1682 Jan 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, I can prove there is no Bible God.
Ok I will play your little game, go on then prove that YHVH does not exist.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#1683 Jan 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is for frightened infantile minds who prefer absurdity to uncertainty.
You are the finest example of this that I have seen in a long time.
What a stupid thing to say.

“Israel for Ever and Ever”

Since: Nov 08

Right Here with my feet up

#1684 Jan 2, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I only have to know that a snake will bite, to keep my hands away. I need not know every snake fact or fallacy, that comes with the snake, one or two bits of data are more than enough.
The same is true of gods, consider the three-in-one, who claims to have created all things, with his very own words, he has nullified himself. He was beaten by the iron chariot, promises a risen from death zombie return, which is thousands of years past due, and seriously claims that all pleas will be fulfilled if only you use the magic formula of asking in his name. Well, obviously that god is false, since none have any more proof than any other, all are equally dismissible as pure tripe.
You may have to have the distance between the moon and Mars calculated to the exact minute detail, to know that your ass itches, but almost everyone else simply knows that there is an itch.
You need a bit of education there chum.

1) Not all snakes bite, in fact very few do. In your case I think it better if you did lean something about them and leave your obvious irrational fear of snakes.
2) There is no 3 in 1, the creator of the universe is YHVH, He is one.
3) You have posted no real proof that the God of the Bible YHVH is false.
4) Nothing is past due if you knew the patterns in the Bible you would know how wrong you are.

It is about time you changed your log on name as you lack of reason makes you look really stupid

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#1685 Jan 2, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am 100% sure there is one true God, and being just one true God there is only one to choose form.
All of Gods creation is verifiable evidence of the existence of YHVH the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Now why don’t you answer my question.
It easy for someone to say that they are 100% sure of something, but can they show some evidence?

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#1686 Jan 2, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
No question is pointless only answers are pointless.
Ok lets say you have 1% of all the data, information and knowledge in the universe, now what are the possible odds that in the other 99% of all the data, information and knowledge in the universe God exists.
No one can say that they know 100% that God does not exist until you have all the data, information and knowledge in the universe. The opposite is not true I can know something with 100% assurance with out knowing all the data, information and knowledge in the universe.
Just a thought that shoots down all claims that anyone know there is no God. thanks for playing, not many have the guts.
I won't say for sure that God does not exist but that no one has shown any evidence that he does.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#1687 Jan 2, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am 100% sure there is one true God, and being just one true God there is only one to choose form.
All of Gods creation is verifiable evidence of the existence of YHVH the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Now why don’t you answer my question.
I'm curious:

Do you pray to your god everyday and thank him for not making you, amongst other things, a woman?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#1688 Jan 2, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Bible, Moses was on the mountain more the three times.
Ok, so how many times did Moses go up Mount Sinai?

While he was up there, down below at the foot of the mountain were approximately 3 million Jews, 600,000 goats and sheep, 300,000 cattle and about 10,000 wagons.

I guess you know that not a single campsite, midden or sign of occupation has been found in Sinai.

Why do you think that is?

Perhaps it's because this is just a myth?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#1689 Jan 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
You're right.

Moses actually went up the mountain three times:

01. The first time Moses went up the mountain, he came back down with no stone tablets. He just recited what God was supposed to have told him and that is the list of do's and don'ts in Exodus 20.

02. Moses went up the mountain a second time. This time he came back with stone tablets engraved with ten commandments which he smashed in a fit of pique.

03. Moses went back up a third time to get a replacement set of tablets which God duly provided for him. These commandments were the same as the ones on the smashed tablets so it's safe to say that they were more important than the first, verbal edicts.

04. There was no outlawing of killing and stealing on these ten divine enactments. What they did contain were orders that the Jews had to observe the Feast of Weeks (whatever that was) as well as not to cook a kid goat in its mother's milk.

05. If you look at the full ten in Exodus 34:28 and Deuteronomy 4:13 you'll see that the commandments inscribed on stone tablets were quite different to what is commonly regarded as the Ten Commandments.

So, the stone tablets kept in the Ark of the Covenant were the ones that Moses brought down on his third trip.
Ans.

Sorry to interrupt you in your private discussions. You could be right that Moses went up the Mountain at Sinai to "Speak" with God. But according to Quran (And Allah knows best), this is what transpired on each visit:

1. Moses First Visit: This happened when Moses was on this way from Median to Egypt and it was a cold night, and his wife was having pains of labor. In that dark night, he was a Fire not far away from where he was standing…he went to investigate and God spoke with him and made him a prophet and charged him to go to Pharaoh and get Israel out of Egypt.

2. Moses' Second Visit: This is when God gave him the stone Tablet with Instructions. Quran says that "We wrote everything for guidance and admonition" in that tablet. They could include the famous Ten Commandments and some things more.

And according to Quran, Moses did not "break those tablets" (How a prophet of God would become so "charged up" and show so much tantrum and break the Tablets which God gave him is beyond imagination , and "how" can you break a "stone tablet" so that you cannot read it?- MUQ).

Quran says that when Moses saw his people worshipping Golden Calf he felt sadness and anger and he "put aside" the tablets and caught his brother Aaron by hair and asked "How could you allow this?"…etc.

And when his anger subsided, "he picked up the tablets".

Now people can see, who depicts the character of a Prophet of God in better light? Quran or Bible?

3. Moses' Third Visit: According to Quran, Moses went with seventy Chiefs of Israel to Mount Sinai and there they took "Pledge or Covenant" that they would follow all the laws and commandments of God and any instructions they might receive from God thru their prophets.

4. And then Moses did receive guidance and instructions from God thru out his period of mission and that happens with every prophet.

This is a short summary from Quran on the topic you mentioned and Allah Knows Best.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#1690 Jan 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so how many times did Moses go up Mount Sinai?
While he was up there, down below at the foot of the mountain were approximately 3 million Jews, 600,000 goats and sheep, 300,000 cattle and about 10,000 wagons.
I guess you know that not a single campsite, midden or sign of occupation has been found in Sinai.
Why do you think that is?
Perhaps it's because this is just a myth?
Definitely we find "too much exaggeration" in the writing of Bible, but that does not necessarily mean that "It is all a myth".

When you have acts of your folks "thru words of mouth" for centuries, the details become a bit dramatic and exaggerated.

No one can "spin out this story" from thin air (as we find the mythology of gods we find in Roman and Hindu mythology). You could be a bit skeptic but not reject the entire story. You look for other evidences.

And when Quran confirms some things, you get assured it must be true!!

Allah Knows Best.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#1691 Jan 3, 2013
Which is why the majority of the 2004 tsunami victims were muslim.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah Knows Best.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#1693 Jan 3, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
As I get older, I find each morning I'm faced with a decision. Put on a bra, or tuck them into my waistband.
Bra. Please. Here, let me help you with that strap.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#1694 Jan 3, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
No question is pointless only answers are pointless.
Ok lets say you have 1% of all the data, information and knowledge in the universe, now what are the possible odds that in the other 99% of all the data, information and knowledge in the universe God exists.
No one can say that they know 100% that God does not exist until you have all the data, information and knowledge in the universe. The opposite is not true I can know something with 100% assurance with out knowing all the data, information and knowledge in the universe.
Just a thought that shoots down all claims that anyone know there is no God. thanks for playing, not many have the guts.
You are a member of what I call The Negligible Percenter Sect of religion. No ... nobody can say for certain that god exists. No one can say for certain that he does. They cancel out ... perfectly. Means nothing. But ... of course ... that's really all ya got.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#1695 Jan 3, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you 100% sure of your facts, how can you be if you do not know 100% of all the data, information and knowledge that exists in the universe.
Why do you keep acting like you have some kind of point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 4 hr JOEL 202,177
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... 5 hr True Christian wi... 20
I...(gulp) am a Pagan Agnostic Taoist 17 hr Son of God 1
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep 8 Kathwynn 14
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Sep 7 Kathwynn 2
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep 1 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
•••

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••