Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,434

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#15079 Nov 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There is only one true God, the other "gods" are idols. What separates the true from the false is life and death. The God of Israel will conquer death and come back to earth on the Mount of Olives within days after her death. Jesus is dead and he is Satans counterfeit messiah. Christians have a false hope that will never be realized. They're about as ignorant as they come and those who cling to him till the end will burst into flames.(Spontaneous combustion) Zechariah 14:12.
The Expulsion from Paradise
21The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife, and clothed them. 22Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever "-- 23therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden, to cultivate the ground from which he was taken.

Here's the "Us" again. Wow, and a supreme being that can sew skins together too! I wonder if she/he/it sewed by hand or used an industrial sewing machine for the garments of skin?

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#15081 Nov 20, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Expulsion from Paradise
21The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife, and clothed them. 22Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever "-- 23therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden, to cultivate the ground from which he was taken.
Here's the "Us" again. Wow, and a supreme being that can sew skins together too! I wonder if she/he/it sewed by hand or used an industrial sewing machine for the garments of skin?
Come on Earth Child... you know that the parts that don't fit a religious person's spiel are to be ignored or simply claimed to be misinterpreted.

You also know that the vast, vast majority of those that claim to follow what's written in the bible have never actually read the thing.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15082 Nov 20, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Earth Child... you know that the parts that don't fit a religious person's spiel are to be ignored or simply claimed to be misinterpreted.
You also know that the vast, vast majority of those that claim to follow what's written in the bible have never actually read the thing.
Oh.....Geez! How can I forget???? It's the ole' standard fundie spiel......LOL

Good morning TerryL! How are you?
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

#15083 Nov 20, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>That is exactly what I said, it's all " Bullshit, pure bullshit. Just exactly like the other 30,000+ spin-off religions of the Abrahamic god-myth.".
Do you want some cheese with that whine?

Location hidden

#15084 Nov 20, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh.....Geez! How can I forget???? It's the ole' standard fundie spiel......LOL
Good morning TerryL! How are you?
G'mornin' EC1! Aside from the feeling that I might be coming down with a cold, I'm well. And you?

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15085 Nov 20, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>G'mornin' EC1! Aside from the feeling that I might be coming down with a cold, I'm well. And you?
Doing well...thank you. Sorry about the cold! Hopefully it will pass quickly and not turn into a lingering cold. Time to get out the ole' soup pot for some chicken soup for the cold. There have been a lot people coming down with colds and sinus problems where I live. The weather change does a number on the sinuses for many people.

Get better!

Location hidden

#15087 Nov 20, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Doing well...thank you. Sorry about the cold! Hopefully it will pass quickly and not turn into a lingering cold. Time to get out the ole' soup pot for some chicken soup for the cold. There have been a lot people coming down with colds and sinus problems where I live. The weather change does a number on the sinuses for many people.
Get better!
Thanks.

Yeah... same in my area (east central Wisconsin). Doesn't help having a 3rd grader bringing more than his homework into the house though! LOL!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#15088 Nov 20, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want some cheese with that whine?
Careful now, you will be mistaken for a blangeist. Even though, like you they get their religion from the buybull, They are not Christain either.

On second thought go ahead, jump in. Who knows they may even stock your favorite flavor of Koolaid.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#15089 Nov 20, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
- New American Standard Version (1995)
It wasn't just a lone being, entity, alien, etc....... named, "God" . There's the "Us" .
The earliest word for God is Elohim and it is a majestic plural. God is a husband and wife, not a father and son. God is Energy and the forces in nature. Gravitation, electromagnetism and the nuclear forces. It is omnipotent, omnipresent and eternal. The Lord (Messiah) is the wife of God, Isaiah 54:5-6 and God is united in one flesh. Genesis 2:24. "But in his estate shall he honor the God of forces..." Daniel 11:38.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#15090 Nov 20, 2013
<quoted text>That is exactly what I said, it's all " Bullshit, pure bullshit. Just exactly like the other 30,000+ spin-off religions of the Abrahamic god-myth.".
Judaism is the closest to the Truth and the coming redeemer is the God of Israel. "...for they shall see eye to eye, when the Lord shall bring again Zion" Isaiah 52:8. There is only Reform, Conservative, and Orthodox and they will be united by the living God. The thousands of Christian sects are not even monotheistic and do not qualify as Abrahamic. They serve a different God. When the Messiah comes, everyone will be either Christian or believe in the Truth. The sons of darkness vs. the sons of light.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15091 Nov 20, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The earliest word for God is Elohim and it is a majestic plural. God is a husband and wife, not a father and son. God is Energy and the forces in nature. Gravitation, electromagnetism and the nuclear forces. It is omnipotent, omnipresent and eternal. The Lord (Messiah) is the wife of God, Isaiah 54:5-6 and God is united in one flesh. Genesis 2:24. "But in his estate shall he honor the God of forces..." Daniel 11:38.
God made man in "Their" image, likeness, etc......, which means "They" have human form. The bible would not read, "One of Us" if God was referring only to himself.

There a few men, prior to Jesus, who tried to fulfill the OT prophecies. All they did was study the prophecies and follow them step by step. Jesus did the same thing, but he succeeded where the other men didn't.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Earth,TX

#15092 Nov 20, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Judaism is the closest to the Truth and the coming redeemer is the God of Israel. "...for they shall see eye to eye, when the Lord shall bring again Zion" Isaiah 52:8. There is only Reform, Conservative, and Orthodox and they will be united by the living God. The thousands of Christian sects are not even monotheistic and do not qualify as Abrahamic. They serve a different God. When the Messiah comes, everyone will be either Christian or believe in the Truth. The sons of darkness vs. the sons of light.
Closest to the truth? Is that like maybe a cubic zirconia of a god, like it's almost the truth, but not quite? A god who doesn't do his/her very own holy book, but is ok, with being sort of represented in somebody else's book. Ha ha! Yeah, you got some pushing to do, and it ain't gonna be easy.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#15093 Nov 20, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>God made man in "Their" image, likeness, etc......, which means "They" have human form. The bible would not read, "One of Us" if God was referring only to himself.
There a few men, prior to Jesus, who tried to fulfill the OT prophecies. All they did was study the prophecies and follow them step by step. Jesus did the same thing, but he succeeded where the other men didn't.
Everything done in the life of Jesus and the NT was an attempt to fulfill the scriptures. Jesus fulfilled nothing. What Christians say are fulfilled are verses taken out of context. In that sense, we've all fulfilled the bible. A complete Psalm, paragraph or chapter is a prophecy and the true Messiah has fulfilled hundreds of them. If you count verses, like Christians, it's tens of thousands.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#15094 Nov 20, 2013
<quoted text>Closest to the truth? Is that like maybe a cubic zirconia of a god, like it's almost the truth, but not quite? A god who doesn't do his/her very own holy book, but is ok, with being sort of represented in somebody else's book. Ha ha! Yeah, you got some pushing to do, and it ain't gonna be easy.
Jews observe the law of God, as they perceive it. What they don't understand and do not study are the prophets, and eschatology. Some laws I interpret differently, like the observance of the new year and the separation of meat and dairy products.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#15096 Nov 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jews observe the law of God, as they perceive it. What they don't understand and do not study are the prophets, and eschatology. Some laws I interpret differently, like the observance of the new year and the separation of meat and dairy products.
Yes, yes, yes....

But what about clown shoes?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#15097 Nov 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jews observe the law of God, as they perceive it. What they don't understand and do not study are the prophets, and eschatology. Some laws I interpret differently, like the observance of the new year and the separation of meat and dairy products.
Everybody sort of 'observes the law of God, as they perceive it". God doesn't seem to mind ... doesn't say much ... just smites us every once in a while for no apparent reason. I wish s/he'd do more of a 'sin-punishment, sin-punishment, sin-punishment' kind of arrangement so we could figure out exactly what pisses him/her off. Somebody eats a catfish in Milwaukee and s/he hit's Japan with a Tsunami or something. There's no cause and effect. It's very confusing. It's like s/he takes it, takes it, takes it as long as s/he can then ... BAM!!!... spins off a couple Natural Disasters ... and then s/he's okay for a while. Sheesh. But, you're right ... does kind of sound like a woman thing. You may be onto the greatest theological revolution to come down the tubes in thousands of years!!! Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Texas, USA

#15098 Nov 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Everything done in the life of Jesus and the NT was an attempt to fulfill the scriptures. Jesus fulfilled nothing. What Christians say are fulfilled are verses taken out of context. In that sense, we've all fulfilled the bible. A complete Psalm, paragraph or chapter is a prophecy and the true Messiah has fulfilled hundreds of them. If you count verses, like Christians, it's tens of thousands.
Yeah. I've always liked how "the prophecies" made in the first half of the book come true in the second half of the book. Boy, if modern authors ever catch on to that trick, we're not going to know what to believe!!

Texas, USA

#15099 Nov 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The earliest word for God is Elohim and it is a majestic plural. God is a husband and wife, not a father and son. God is Energy and the forces in nature. Gravitation, electromagnetism and the nuclear forces. It is omnipotent, omnipresent and eternal. The Lord (Messiah) is the wife of God, Isaiah 54:5-6 and God is united in one flesh. Genesis 2:24. "But in his estate shall he honor the God of forces..." Daniel 11:38.
Whoa, whoa, whoa ... so "God is Energy and the forces in nature"!?!? Not a Entity? Not a thinking, intellectual, purposeful, motivated BEING of some kind (look'n roughly Human since we're made in his/her image)? God's more like, I dunno ... a AAA Battery and a rain drop or puff of wind or something? Maybe like some kind of electro-mechanical device like a cooling pump motor at a Nuclear reactor?!?! Spooky!

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15100 Nov 21, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa, whoa, whoa ... so "God is Energy and the forces in nature"!?!? Not a Entity? Not a thinking, intellectual, purposeful, motivated BEING of some kind (look'n roughly Human since we're made in his/her image)? God's more like, I dunno ... a AAA Battery and a rain drop or puff of wind or something? Maybe like some kind of electro-mechanical device like a cooling pump motor at a Nuclear reactor?!?! Spooky!
Well, the AAA Batteries kinda explains it. Now I'll never look at the Energizer Bunny the same..........LOL
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#15101 Nov 21, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lord is a person and we were created in her image. But there is more to God than the Lord. God (Energy) created the Lord and is her husband. Isaiah 54:5. The Devil is a father and a son. Adam (Satan) and Jesus (Lucifer). In Israel, the Lord is God and we are not to worship energy, we are to worship the Lord.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 14 min JOEL 205,580
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) 6 hr buckwheat 12
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) 11 hr Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov 15 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov 12 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov 11 scribbles 1
Shadow Energy / Shadow Magic (Feb '08) Nov 11 scribbles 25

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE