Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
14,301 - 14,320 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
I might be an ignorant Bible scholar, but could you elaborate on your examples. You seem to imply that the Bible describes God being beaten by an iron chariot, that God forces people to eat their own children, and that God punishes men by having their wives raped in the street. Perhaps there is some portion of the Bible that I missed, but I don't remember those sections.
You can't remember those sections because you suffer from the mental illness of faith.

It causes other difficulties for you like, not being able to prove your god, not being able to understand atheism, denial of evolution, denial of fundamental science, denial of womens rights, and often predjudice against gays.

Its a known mental illness and we see its victims here everyday.

The best help is seeing your doctor who can help you overcome your delusions of reference.

Atheists are not here to serve your mental illness or its delusions.

When you can prove the god that your faith based mental illness creates, instead of lying about it, we are open to talking.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Atheists are horrible wrote:
<quoted text>Please, feel free to continue to persecute me. The Bible predicted it.
At last! An insightful statement. Thank you for that. This is kind of 'Persecution for Whimps' though, don't you think? No lions here, no Gulags ... not sure you're really earning any 'holy-points' for mucking about with the Atheist Heathens. The Cat-licks do this thing called 'self-flagelation' which might leave a mark if you get really good at it ... just a helpful hint!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, most of those you make mention of are not atheists. Although theists are those that are sure there is a God, the "a" in "atheist" does not mean "not" as in "is NOT sure there is a God". Those people are agnostics. Rather, the "a" in atheism means "opposite". That is, a theist is sure there is a God. An atheist is sure there is no God. And that is irrational. If you are interested in why, I will be happy to explain it in a further post.
Are Theists more or less 'rational' than Atheists? Be honest. Spare me the canned 'why certainty is irrational' explanation. Is it a sword that cuts both ways or not? Is Agnosticism the only rational philosophical principle? I hope not. You've got to look at the available data, you've got to make up your mind and you've got to take a stand. Clinging to uncertainty because the data set will always be incomplete ... that is the way to madness. That means it's 'okay' to believe whatever you want to believe because it's no more or less 'okay' than anything else. That is simply not the case. There are concepts and world-views far more supported by the data than others. It is not a level playing field and what we are talking about here is no more and no less than the real 'root of all evil' in this world. Uncertainty, waffling, being swayed by this or that clever salesman. Grow up people.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Dawkins is a sanctimonious arrogant elitist pig, he only gets the contempt he deserves.
Everyone laughs at you, you probably reread your own posts and laugh and think to yourself 'Hurr hurr hurr...whoever wrote this must be stooooopid!' That is until you remember your braindead troll name for topix atheism in skeptic.
You then go into the bathroom at a shopping centre, look at the person in front of you and think 'Hurr hurr hurr....what a goofy looking doofus!'
And you keep laughing until you realise that you are standing in front of a mirror.
Hurr, hurr, hurr..........
How could he? He is a bastard. Don't you read the buybull? Do you know what a bastard is? It's a conception or birth of a child from a couple who are not married, or haven't been married long enough, or is not the actual issue of the male member of the married duo. It's all about the timing of conception and cheating the priest/witch doctor/spell casters out of their fee's to hitch the couple in holy matrimony.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Dawkins is a sanctimonious arrogant elitist pig, he only gets the contempt he deserves.
Everyone laughs at you, you probably reread your own posts and laugh and think to yourself 'Hurr hurr hurr...whoever wrote this must be stooooopid!' That is until you remember your braindead troll name for topix atheism in skeptic.
You then go into the bathroom at a shopping centre, look at the person in front of you and think 'Hurr hurr hurr....what a goofy looking doofus!'
And you keep laughing until you realise that you are standing in front of a mirror.
Siro wrote: Dawkins is a sanctimonious arrogant elitist pig, he only gets the contempt he deserves.

Reason Personified wrote: But his books sell and he gets rich from it. Tell me have you ever read anything he has written? I haven't, and nor has any atheist thatI know of. It's the religitards who buy those books so that they might have reason to bitch about him.

Siro wrote: Everyone laughs at you, you probably reread your own posts and laugh and think to yourself 'Hurr hurr hurr...whoever wrote this must be stooooopid!' That is until you remember your braindead troll name for topix atheism in skeptic.

Reason Personified wrote: LOL! Wow, it really shows that you have done exactly that. One of those "burned into your being" memories, huh?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus doesnt get in???!!????
Maybe you should nominate yourself to be a god.....?
Everyone would get in through you, they dont even have to die...(just ask the bucks in gary, indiana)
How could he? He is a bastard. It's not my words, nor my book. Don't you read the buybull? Your god's rules for getting into heaven, includes the "no bastards, no way, no how" rule.

Do you know what a bastard is? It's a conception or birth of a child from a couple who are not married, or haven't been married long enough, or is not the actual issue of the male member of the married duo. It's all about the timing of conception, women not cheating on the man, and not cheating the priest/witch doctor/spell casters out of their fee's to hitch the couple in holy matrimony.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, most of those you make mention of are not atheists. Although theists are those that are sure there is a God, the "a" in "atheist" does not mean "not" as in "is NOT sure there is a God". Those people are agnostics. Rather, the "a" in atheism means "opposite". That is, a theist is sure there is a God. An atheist is sure there is no God. And that is irrational. If you are interested in why, I will be happy to explain it in a further post.
Oh, it is not necessary that you explain further. In fact my first reaction (to your post) was >>> "Well, well, well space cadet is going to educate me. Ha, ha!"

Wow, I am amazed at the waste that public schools in this country allow. Some words that were not ever needed are "up", or maybe it would be "down", but as long as we had aup, what else would we need?.

So Homskuled, is aleft, acold, abig, aheavy, aempty, what you mean? Yeah, that makes sense, huh? What do we do with a left, make it aleft?

You seem to not have paid enough attention to the details of what you read.

Barry wrote: Actually, most of those you make mention of are not atheists.
Reason Personified wrote: Yep, that is what I said, they are theists. No "A" involved.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
I might be an ignorant Bible scholar, but could you elaborate on your examples. You seem to imply that the Bible describes God being beaten by an iron chariot, that God forces people to eat their own children, and that God punishes men by having their wives raped in the street. Perhaps there is some portion of the Bible that I missed, but I don't remember those sections.
Sure thing, but I must warn you, we all have been there done that many times before, and the stock response of the religitard, is to try to invalidate the buybull's words or to just make like a leaf, and leave.

I predict that you will try to show us how the buybull doesn't say what the buybull says. I have a few things to finish first, then I will look up the scriptures using google. I live for the day when one of you lot will do it yourself, and then post a comeback.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
Judges 1:19 And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Leviticus 26:27-29 27. And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me;
28. Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.

29. And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.

2 Samuel 12:11 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

Would you also like help with golden dipt hemorrhoids being used as a sacrifice to your god, so he would cure the 'roids that he inflicted?

Or the happy, happy, happy world of harvesting foreskins, as gifts to make a buybull god happy.

Or how unblemished a man's genitalia has to be for him to approach the buybull god's altar?

Or maybe how the only happiness n joy in the buybull comes from bashing babies heads in.

Heavenly jobs, because you will only be there, to make god happy.
Foreskin collector, Blemish checker,'roid harvester and dipper, baby's head basher

http://hwarmstrong.com/gods-opinion-of-women....

http://www.thegodmurders.com/God 's%20Evil%20Deeds.html

Now take a gander at these, and tell me how well you really follow the buybull god's rules.

http://www.biblegateway.com/

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
This is the most ridiculous post I've ever read from the cultish community of brainless atheists.
Then you ought to read it, from where it originated. That would be the buybull. It is even more ridiculous there. Here's you a free one, two or six, >>> biblegateway.com . Enjoy.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You're too stupid to grasp it anyway.
What is there to grasp? I have already shown that I understand the concept of "a" being designated as the way we show the opposite of a given word, haven't I?
So Shortbus, do you get agrasp, ayou, astupid, aanyway too?
Show us your astupidity.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Wow. You are steaming with hatred. That is because you know Christians are right and you are wrong.
Right about what? The buybull?
Keep reading, Shortbus, and maybe your god will let you be his "roid harvester in heaven.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

I guess R.P. Couldn't get the job.
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>How could he? He is a bastard. It's not my words, nor my book. Don't you read the buybull? Your god's rules for getting into heaven, includes the "no bastards, no way, no how" rule.
Do you know what a bastard is? It's a conception or birth of a child from a couple who are not married, or haven't been married long enough, or is not the actual issue of the male member of the married duo. It's all about the timing of conception, women not cheating on the man, and not cheating the priest/witch doctor/spell casters out of their fee's to hitch the couple in holy matrimony.
Now you repeat yourself from post 15009 in order to reply to a different post.
Lacking imagination much?
Hurr hurr hurr

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You're an atheist. You are headed straight to Hell.
I am really frightened. So much that I took a crap on my bible.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You failed miserably, and YES, I enjoyed it as I laughed my ass off.
I read your link. This is what you quoted:
"Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path". Psalm 119:105 NIV.
Thanks for giving us wonderful scripture as you failed to support your irritated collapsing agenda of atheism.
ROFLMAO!!!!
Don't worry about it, I laugh at the bible too, a lot.

But no that is not what I quoted. I quoted nothing, I gave a link to the many versions of the buybull. Was there a Verse of the day, that you thought I had "quoted"?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Jumper The Wise wrote:
I guess R.P. Couldn't get the job.
They let you out of lock-up again? You weren't missed, there have been several idiots here taking up your slack. There is one who qualifies every bit as much as you do, as a vapid hole.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you repeat yourself from post 15009 in order to reply to a different post.
Lacking imagination much?
Hurr hurr hurr
I have never claimed perfection, but I did post it again, to the correct "reply" button. I quite often do compile several replies before posting them. You saw the results of my getting in a hurry to finish up, and get back to the good part of my life. Should I mention that you sometimes do not hit that reply button at all?

Do you have no reply to the Bastard Jesus posting?
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>They let you out of lock-up again? You weren't missed, there have been several idiots here taking up your slack. There is one who qualifies every bit as much as you do, as a vapid hole.
'WHYYYY YOU *Sputter* you big meanie you!

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You're an atheist. You are headed straight to Hell.
If you truly thought I was wrong, you would have the confidence in your atheism to just blow me off and never reply again. But you will........*waiting now*.
Just FYI, I do not have "atheism". I cannot have "atheism", no one can. It is not an "ism", it the specific lack of an "ism".

Let's see you just got here(again), you are unregistered, and >>> you <<< have decided that any more of my postings from now on, will be predicated on my belief that you are wrong? "So, if I believe you are wrong, I will not post responses to you?" Is that what you are saying?

Well, if I truly thought that you are doing my thinking for me, I just might fall for that shit, but since your thinking is not even in the same stratosphere as mine is ... uhm, no.

What a flicking self important ass you are, do you really think so highly of yourself?

How about we do it this way, if you really have confidence in your god, and your belief system, how about you start following your god's word, to the letter? All of it, not just the selected bits and pieces that your own spell casters have cherry picked to get you bending to their agenda?

It has nothing to do with me, or my reaction to you or your posts, so ...... practice what you preach, practice what you preach, religitard.

Now that we have that out of the way, how about you prove a hell exists?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 4 min Alex WM 201,181
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Mon Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Mon Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 13 Lady shay 8
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Aug 9 Kathwynn 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••