Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14659 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14918 Oct 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny how these creationists admit they are here to annoy and then they ask us in the same thread why atheists always sound so angry.
This is the creationist way...
Sad indeed, but this one is just a flucking liar, trying to drum up some/any human contact. He is an idiot who showed up a few years ago with a plan for an atheist party to send us all to Mexico to be murdered. When it was slammed back at him, he started the weasel stupidity of pretending some other agenda, exactly like he did here. He barely measures up to the standards of a vapid hole.

He hangs around a while drinking and gradually degrading himself to nothing, dissapears into lock-up for a month or two, bounces out full of homosexual innuendo, starts drinking again, then dissapears again.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14919 Oct 20, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the "real Messiah" is...WHO, exactly?@@
Ani ha Mashiach. I'm speaking in "tongues" as Christians say but that was real. Ask a Jew or figure it out.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#14920 Oct 20, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was a Jew. And I emphasize was. The source of all theology, Jewish, Christian, and Muslim is the Hebrew bible. Christians understand that Jews live by the letter of the law (if they're observant).
Hinduism is a theology and its got nothing to do with the Hebrew bible. Sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about.

#14921 Oct 20, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Ani ha Mashiach. I'm speaking in "tongues" as Christians say but that was real. Ask a Jew or figure it out.
Ya ... I figured as much ... fruitcake.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14922 Oct 20, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Hinduism is a theology and its got nothing to do with the Hebrew bible. Sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about.
I'm talking about the God of Abraham and real or perceived monotheism, doofus.(smile)

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14923 Oct 20, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Fukushima? The whole world has become "feeble minded" Nobody is able to stop Fukushima. The Inferno will continue and the danger of extincton of mankind.
Here ... " https://www.cfact.org/2013/10/12/physicist-th... ; ... you'll probably love this!
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#14924 Oct 20, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Liar. You don't have that capability.
This is between me and my buddy Scepty!

Texas, USA

#14925 Oct 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is true, how come Christians developed "so much affinity" with Jews?
Why they have become their "Natural protectors"?
How come Christians allow Jews to control their Media and their finances?
Somehow it does not make any sense?
It doesn't "make any sense" MUQ because it is not true. In fact, Christians have been persecuting Jews for the supposed execution of Jesus for centuries.

" http://www.ushmm.org/research/the-center-for-... ;

Whatever "affinity" or protectiveness we may feel for the Jews is simply the long overdue realization that they are Human Beings and no more responsible for 'killing Jesus' than you or I. We carry a burden of guilt for our ancestor's various cruelties.

Please check some of your other 'core beliefs'... you will find that many of them do not "make any sense" either. We may make a Skeptic of you yet!

Earth,TX

#14926 Oct 20, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>This is between me and my buddy Scepty!
And, there it is again. The aforementioned revert to weasel mode. >>

"When it was slammed back at him, he started the weasel stupidity of pretending some other agenda,"

#14927 Oct 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I'm talking about the God of Abraham and real or perceived monotheism, doofus.(smile)
That just proves you dont read what you write, ninny!
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#14928 Oct 21, 2013
<quoted text>And, there it is again. The aforementioned revert to weasel mode. >>
"When it was slammed back at him, he started the weasel stupidity of pretending some other agenda,"
Sceptic is no weasel!
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#14929 Oct 21, 2013
<quoted text>And, there it is again. The aforementioned revert to weasel mode. >>
Its all poppycock this reason for your acusation.

Earth,TX

#14930 Oct 21, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Sceptic is no weasel!
No, he isn't, but you are ... a total weasel.

Earth,TX

#14931 Oct 21, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Its all poppycock this reason for your acusation.
Does that mean, you too recognize that you are a liar, and a weasel?

And, it's not accusation, it's proven. And you have proven it on this page.
LCNLin

United States

#14932 Oct 21, 2013
Atheism in the USA at 2%
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#14933 Oct 21, 2013
<quoted text>Does that mean, you too recognize that you are a liar, and a weasel?
And, it's not accusation, it's proven. And you have proven it on this page.
I don't have to take that from YOU!
I'm a beloved topix celeberty in my own mind,and respected on my local forum!
I won the position of King 4 times in a row!
You should thank the heavens that a I have chosen to comment to the likes of you in public.You disgusting troluble maker!
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#14934 Oct 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Atheism in the USA at 2%
According to Pew statistics. They always seem to indicate a slower decline in religion than the other pollsters, but even they indicate 'declining religiosity'.

And what does that say about the USA and USAmericans? Do 98% of USAmericans seriously believe there's an interventionist or Abrahamic god? That could be what's wrong with the USA - ignorance and not facing facts.

Religion = superstition
The truth will out - and it won't change whether people are ignorant or thoughtful.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#14935 Oct 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Atheism in the USA at 2%
And the balance on this thread , the prominence of so many atheists and many other polls suggest your favorite US statistic is misleading. Gallop suggest only 92% believe in any sort of god at all....
http://www.gallup.com/poll/147887/americans-c...
let alone one who sent a prophet to Earth.

Texas, USA

#14936 Oct 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Atheism in the USA at 2%
It's funny really. You know, when you hear "the price of gold just went up" ... it really means the value of a dollar 'just went down'. Similarly, if Atheism is at 2%... that means Ignorance is at 98%. Not a good thing.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

#14937 Oct 22, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny really. You know, when you hear "the price of gold just went up" ... it really means the value of a dollar 'just went down'. Similarly, if Atheism is at 2%... that means Ignorance is at 98%. Not a good thing.
I wonder what the answer would be if the question was, "Do you seriously think a god sent a prophet to Earth"? If people thought about it, perhaps the USA is more than 90%'atheist'? Gods and pixies are obviously came from Man's imagination and religion is declining too.

At least the trend is in the right direction. The main thing is that people aren't discriminatory...
http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/ghwbush.h...
A poll last year suggested that only 54% of USAmericans would vote for an atheist for President. That sort of prejudice is surely wrong and must be harmful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 6 min rabbee yehoshooah... 220,147
News the Beheading Sura: Robert Spencer's Blogging t... May 23 Dragnet52 5
Covertly clearing negative energy from the office (Sep '07) May 21 Debra 49
News No, American Christianity is not dead May 19 New Perspective 1
News POLL: Americans Turning Away from Religion May 15 Bible boy 1
News Carl Sagan as prophet of neo-Pagan Atheism May 12 geezerjock 1
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) May 11 garnetten 502
More from around the web