Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 709)

Showing posts 14,161 - 14,180 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are full-time liars.
Says the creationist liar who can't prove the god he chooses to lie about.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are full-time liars.
Incorrect.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

chipped nails wrote:
Atheism will never replace religion.
It doesn't have to.

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

chipped nails wrote:
20% of Americans not religious.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/10/09/pe...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

We need to get rid of the idols in Israel (USA) and get back to basics. The actors and jesters are here, the stage is in darkness and clear, for raising the curtain and no ones quite certain whose play it is". Supertramp. It's between Jesus and the real Messiah and it will be a fight to the death. The one who comes back on the Mount of Olives is the winner. All of the players are here in America except David who is yet to be revealed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

susanblange wrote:
We need to get rid of the idols in Israel (USA) and get back to basics. The actors and jesters are here, the stage is in darkness and clear, for raising the curtain and no ones quite certain whose play it is". Supertramp. It's between Jesus and the real Messiah and it will be a fight to the death. The one who comes back on the Mount of Olives is the winner. All of the players are here in America except David who is yet to be revealed.
The basics are: you proving the god your cult sent you here to lie to us about.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

chipped nails wrote:
Without religion, atheism and secularism are of no consequence. There are no 'apixeists' because nobody believes in pixies.

Religion = superstition

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
20% of Americans not religious.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/10/09/pe...
That 20% is just those that make the claim. I'm sure the number is much, much higher than that but there will always be a large segment of the population that will be too fearful of the repercussions from family, friends and community to ever openly admit that they don't buy what's being sold

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

The truth will set you free

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Without religion, atheism and secularism are of no consequence. There are no 'apixeists' because nobody believes in pixies.
Religion = superstition
An atheist is a person who believes in nothing, Apixeists don't exist cause there are already atheists.

Atheism= Stupidity
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yaaay! Thank you for your kind words - and IANS for bringing me here.
Yeah, the article is basically saying "thanks to a wider access of education, entertainment, health medicine and social connections, religion is dying." I'd agree with that.
Strong belief, as denoted by church attendance and paying attention to religious leaders, is at a historical low and continues to drop. Even those who "believe in God" and are self-professed Christians don't know the Bible, don't attend church, don't think about God much. I see this every day in my classes. Since I teach evolution, people are compelled to write to me "I believe in God, but..." I get these letters all the time instead of the assignments they are supposed to write - telling you the low quality of k-12 education in America, sorry - but few of them are strong believers. Maybe one in every class of 40.
Subsequently I get a few letters - again, only one or two - of people who write "I can't believe someone is talking about their religion again. Don't they understand anything about science?" or other letters disparaging the poor quality of thinking that Creationists have.
So it's moving away from strongly religious for a no. of reasons. America is a nation that draws strength in individuality and there's been a movement toward personalizing religion - each finds their own God. Couple that with the massive amount of easily accessible information - science has crushed all that religion once held on high. Only an uneducated person could be a Bible literalist in today's world. All but the deceitful religious leaders have admitted the world is old, evolution occurs, we don't live in an earth or heliocentric universe - and they've basically had to move to esoteric spiritualism.
The new ways in which we create community without religion make religion redundant. Religion no longer explains the universe around us (or does so with such ridiculous absurdity, it's laughably undermining itself). And I think that's the crux of the matter. Religion isn't necessary if we can form larger than kin-based social bonds through our education, entertainment, economies, treaties, societal laws and so on.
But it will remain a fascinating and rich historical narrative, so that children can ask their parents "why would anyone believe the world was 6000 years old? why would anyone believe in hell?"
Now mankind is over ripe to negate ANY Religion and to set capitalism on the heap of history for ever or to vanish in an nuclear Inferno.
henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
The examples you cited pertain to non-physiologial changes in humans--NOT physiological changes to adapt to environmental changes--and it was the Neanderthals who figured out how to make fire to keep warm and cook their food over 50,000 years ago, not modern humans. Odd that you haven't cited ANY examples of humans using their superior brains to make ANY beneficial changes to their environment. Can't think of any?
Suggest you study the actual social organizations of different ape species instead of reciting your atheist mythologies justifying human "screwing" and hoarding as animal like. Fact: every animal species on this planet, including apes, has demonstrated social organizations which are vastly superior to most human societies, especially in the art of living in harmony with their fellows and their environments.
The nuclear Age is a turning Point for mankind. I fear it is to late to understand humanity
Basically the study of evolution is the study of how once thriving species became extinct. In the case of humans, the first five extinction events were likely due to rapid, radical environmental changes in which “only a remnant” survived, i.e. humans did not have the capacity to evolve to adapt to their environment. The causes of the sixth human extinction event will likely be man made--war, pollution, famine, disease--all attributable to human greed and human indifference and/or an active hatred of other humans due to__________fill in the blank). In this case, humans do have the capacity to evolve mentally, emotionally and spiritually to meet the present and future challenges and avoid the consequences of their actions/behavior--but it is abundantly clear most lack the will to save either themselves or this planet....
The nuclear age is a turning Point for humanity and I fear People don`t realise it will be the end the human race.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The nuclear age is a turning Point for humanity and I fear People don`t realise it will be the end the human race.
God will not allow global nuclear warfare. She ended the Cold War 30 years ago for that very reason. When the Messiah comes, there will be peace and the nations will "beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore". Isaiah 2:4. God will do it, we can't do it on our own.

“In God we trust”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't have to.
Then why is this thread even here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>Then why is this thread even here.
Cause someone posted it.

“In God we trust”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Cause someone posted it.
Then stay to the topic

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
An atheist is a person who believes in nothing, Apixeists don't exist cause there are already atheists.
Atheism= Stupidity
Wrong, atheism is a simple and logical disbelief in the stupid sh*t that religious liars invent & fail to defend with evidence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is this thread even here.
Because smart scientists developed the foundations of the internet, which led to the creation of topix, which attracts ignorant and arrogant creationist who see online atheists as soft conversion targets.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>Then stay to the topic
I did.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>So you're saying there are a lot more feeble minded people in America than originally thought?
Can you read?

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
20% of Americans going to Hell.
In your fantasy

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 14,161 - 14,180 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 22 min Kareem O Wheat 198,818
Pagan High Priest Claims Discrimination by City... 9 hr Jumper The wise 15
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe 12 hr a person 83
Cosmic ordering (Nov '09) 18 hr bren 3
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Jul 9 CShine 90
Ouija Board... SCARY STUFF! NEED HELP! (Aug '07) Jul 9 CShine 1,015
Need Help - Shadow Person Protector or Harmful? (May '09) Jul 9 Shawn 9
•••
•••