Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
13,961 - 13,980 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Moi? A satanist?
Bwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha......
And why not? You're certainly evil enough. Let's face it ... all religion is basically us Humans trying to personify our vague instinctual concepts of 'good and evil'. We 'worship' by emulation that which our peculiar mix of 'nature and nurture' predisposes us towards. You apparently think it's funny that you could be 'lumped in' with Satan, but a quick review of your style and techniques reveal you two are practically brothers. I, on the other hand ... er, never mind. All these labels is the Junior Scientist in us trying to classify things ... gets rather tiresome, don't you think?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
We need a word for what it's going to be like when religion goes away. It'll have to be a new word, because Mankind has never stood on it's own feet before. Is there a word for when a baby draws it's first breath? How about when a young bird takes it's first flight? It will be like a "Childhood's End" <apologies to Arthur C. Clarke> with our species finally putting away "childish things" and reaching towards a future where we are not all doomed by some petty deity. Certainly our second and most welcome Renaissance.
They are shouting Atheism will replace religion, please coin anew word. may be it would become popular.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
They are shouting Atheism will replace religion, please coin anew word. may be it would become popular.
Atheism is already the default position in many countries in the world. In Estonia "76% of the population state no specific religious affiliation." If >you< were born in Estonia to an atheist family, what are the chances you would be a devout muslim? In reality, next to zero.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If religion is a cancer, how it will be "replaced" by Atheism?
Do you replace cancer by something else? or you remove it?
Perhaps you do not know how to phrase your words. Please re-try it.!!
It simply will no longer exist. No cancer.
It is incredibly simple to understand. Atheism is the lack of theism.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

R Hill wrote:
Someday, in the distant, far rosier future, terms like 'religion' or 'atheism' or 'war' will become meaningless. Humankind will frolic in green pastures, along the shores of pristine,..

Is that "positive" enough? Is that kind of what you godbots have planned? Not some kind of fiery Armageddon? I'm confused on exactly who or what you consider "positive".
Ans.

I wish, we could live in that "ideal world" which you are dreaming of.

And your diagnosis is wrong that "the root cause" we do not have ideal world is because of religion.

Why you forgot about "Communist experience"? That regime was devoid of religion, why it could not create that Ideal world which they dream of?

The world which you have dream of and much better with all "positives" and no "negatives" is indeed the eternal abode of those who pass this test of human life!!

Why not prepare for it, right now?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It simply will no longer exist. No cancer.
It is incredibly simple to understand. Atheism is the lack of theism.
Again the same "Negative" definition, not able to define what Atheism is and who is an atheist!!
Dak-Original

Cowdenbeath, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is not a thing like a car, etc, but mere belief in mind. Belief then can be replaced by another belief or no belief. OH! B Helper MUQ!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
And your diagnosis is wrong that "the root cause" we do not have ideal world is because of religion.
Why you forgot about "Communist experience"? That regime was devoid of religion, why it could not create that Ideal world which they dream of?
The world which you have dream of and much better with all "positives" and no "negatives" is indeed the eternal abode of those who pass this test of human life!!
When you can prove your god beyond doubt with physical evidence, you will cease to be just another, common mentally ill liar for your cult.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Ending FGM is not a religion, that is why muslims keep mutilating little girls.
MUQ wrote:
Atheism is NOT a religion, that is why it will replace religion!!
This is fantastic, a thing which does not even have a positive definition will replace religion.
What wastage of logic and reason, these people make.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Think of religion as a tumour and reason as healthy tissue.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Again the same "Negative" definition, not able to define what Atheism is and who is an atheist!!
It has been defined again and again for you, and it seems that you choose not to understand.

The lack of theism, that is the definition, it is not a positive nor a negative definition. It is incredibly simple to understand. Atheism is just the lack of theism.

If there is no cancer, is that negative?
If there are no Pixies, is that positive?

The atheist isn't theist, and atheism is the lack of theism.
Dak-Original

Cowdenbeath, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Communism was not just Atheism! Communism failed because it was not compatible with human nature of self interest at least 50% of the time! It was then economical failure of the centrally planned system that exposed communism as unworkable! Typically, you want to jump to the conclusion of your liking! OH! MUQ!

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is already the default position in many countries in the world. In Estonia "76% of the population state no specific religious affiliation." If >you< were born in Estonia to an atheist family, what are the chances you would be a devout muslim? In reality, next to zero.
My bet is that those 76% don't consider themselves "Atheist" either. The word does ride on the coat-tails of religion and is just as loaded with negative implications. It's a shame really. As soon as you pick a word you think describes "no specific religious affiliation" somebody is going to start calling it a 'religion'. Misery loves company!

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I borrowed liberally from H.G. Wells "The Time Machine" for my fanciful future. As we all know, monsters still lurked and preyed upon the innocent Eloi. I'm sure most political-economic systems that come to rate their own 'ism' aim for a similar idyllic future and must wrestle their own monsters. Unfortunately, that monster is US (not the United States, but US as in 'we the people', Humanity ... me & you). Religion and most of the 'bad' things we Humans do have been tied together in a long dance since Time (or at least recorded History) began. Maybe the Commies thought if you throw out religion the other 'bad things' would go with it. After all, if you fairly share the labor and the goods ... what's anybody got to complain about? Looks good on paper!

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I borrowed liberally from H.G. Wells "The Time Machine" for my fanciful future. As we all know, monsters still lurked and preyed upon the innocent Eloi. I'm sure most political-economic systems that come to rate their own 'ism' aim for a similar idyllic future and must wrestle their own monsters. Unfortunately, that monster is US (not the United States, but US as in 'we the people', Humanity ... me & you). Religion and most of the 'bad' things we Humans do have been tied together in a long dance since Time (or at least recorded History) began. Maybe the Commies thought if you throw out religion the other 'bad things' would go with it. After all, if you fairly share the labor and the goods ... what's anybody got to complain about? Looks good on paper!
There will always be that segment of a population that won't be satisfied with "enough"

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>There will always be that segment of a population that won't be satisfied with "enough"
Yeah. I've come full circle. From a 'doom & gloom' Global Warming apocalypse, through a 'religion free Garden of Eloi' back to stark reality. The 'bots outnumber us 10 to 1 and there's no sign they are going to change any time soon. That "segment" rests firmly within the religious contingent for whom an eternal existence in Paradise, rubbing elbows with the Supreme Creator-being, is barely sufficient.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I've come full circle. From a 'doom & gloom' Global Warming apocalypse, through a 'religion free Garden of Eloi' back to stark reality. The 'bots outnumber us 10 to 1 and there's no sign they are going to change any time soon. That "segment" rests firmly within the religious contingent for whom an eternal existence in Paradise, rubbing elbows with the Supreme Creator-being, is barely sufficient.
Well said.

I'd be a lot less annoyed with the godbots if they actually were what they claim to be instead of the polar-opposite they present to us here.

BTW... I really enjoy reading your posts. You have a great knack for, and grasp of, the language

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Well said.
I'd be a lot less annoyed with the godbots if they actually were what they claim to be instead of the polar-opposite they present to us here.
BTW... I really enjoy reading your posts. You have a great knack for, and grasp of, the language
Well ... that and a dollar (or two or three) will get ya a cup of coffee. But, thanks! I enjoy inflicting them on people ...
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It has been defined again and again for you, and it seems that you choose not to understand.
The lack of theism, that is the definition, it is not a positive nor a negative definition. It is incredibly simple to understand. Atheism is just the lack of theism.
If there is no cancer, is that negative?
If there are no Pixies, is that positive?
The atheist isn't theist, and atheism is the lack of theism.
Are you a parrot?

Repeating the same old song? Again and Again, why can't you "invent" a positive definition of Atheism in all this time?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand what capital letters are? I will define atheism and I will type it in capital letters so that you might have a chance of seeing the beam in your own eye.

>>> ATHEISM IS THE LACK OF THEISM <<<

That is the definition. It is not negative, and it clearly defines atheism. Atheism is the lack of theism. And to define atheist, is just as simple, it is one who is not theist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 7 min abdul 201,247
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 13 Lady shay 8
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Aug 9 Kathwynn 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••