Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#14610 Sep 16, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
That is, after all, the nature of the Southern Christian ... most are barely a generation or two away from the lynchings and Burning Crosses 'bots of yesteryear.
Whilst the UK is more secular, I think it could take only a short time for the US to catch up. Go back a hundred years and the UK was a very religious country. In my great grandfather's house the only book they owned was the Bible. You were born into a particular Christian denomination and that was it. Even if you were skeptical it was usual not to identify with one of the types of Christianity.

Now we live in a multi-cultural society. We have a world of information via TV and the internet. It is very difficult for people to be insular and operate in a faith bubble.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14611 Sep 16, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Had any atheist actually said any such tripe, we would immediately think "religitard troll". As you are the one who has said it, "religitard troll" doth spring to mind.
Also "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck, and not a religion. The atheist "system" that you fools claim* as a religion, is as non-existent as your Jewsus.
Not one of us, has ever claimed or known even one iota of that system, which begins and ends as yours.
Nine Justices on the United States Supreme Court decided that atheism is a religion. It says the definition of a religion need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the court described "secular humanism" as a religion.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14613 Sep 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Nine Justices on the United States Supreme Court decided that atheism is a religion. It says the definition of a religion need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the court described "secular humanism" as a religion.
Y'all can change the definition of "religion" to suit yourselves. Godbots enjoy an undeniable stranglehold on all branches of government, so changing the meanings of a few words ain't no big deal. I mean, you're busy re-writing History, diluting Science and destroying the educational system ... what's a few words? Whatever. It's like, in your misery, you want to swallow up even those trying to escape. We have evidence for our "belief" ... can any other "religion" on the planet say that?

United States of America

#14614 Sep 16, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
What the heck is a "spiritual Atheist"?!?!?
I accept that Atheism has been defined as a religion to the extent and for the purpose of providing equal protection under the law. Nobody wants to be persecuted or burned at the stake for their unbeliefs. Although, being denied the right to run for civil office seems a bit unfair. Why keep the only people out of office or leadership positions who are capable of generating an unbiased opinion? Seems self defeating.
I like it when people run fast and loose with the meaning of words ...
sec·u·lar
adjective: secular
Denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.
... given that, not sure how anybody could define "Secular Humanism" as a religion, unless it is for the purpose pointed out above.
I have, well within spit'n distance, churches of every imaginable denomination. Hell ... we even got a Mosque in town to give our Muslims a safe and familiar place to plot our demise! Not one single Atheist Church. Prolly would be burned down before the stained glass was installed anyway. That is, after all, the nature of the Southern Christian ... most are barely a generation or two away from the lynchings and Burning Crosses 'bots of yesteryear.
Not one single atheist church? LOL The Church of Satan is thriving in Texas! They have congregations in Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin. You atheist bubbas are such a hoot.....

Texas, USA

#14616 Sep 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one single atheist church? LOL The Church of Satan is thriving in Texas! They have congregations in Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin. You atheist bubbas are such a hoot.....
There might be a lot of Satanists claiming to be Atheist, but you'll never find an Atheist claiming to be a Satanist. You lose, ultimate fail!!

United States of America

#14617 Sep 16, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you want to drag us into the "religion" community, then you name us the worst possible "thing" in that community's little universe. I guess you feel compelled, since the well known inflated godbot ego-thing is so often pointed out, you have to 'turn it around' with this kind of nonsense. Low, Zit ... really low. You can take your Church of Atheism, Church of Satan AND Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, roll 'em up ... roll 'em up ... and stuff 'em in a pan!!!
LOL Truth hurts, huh?

Texas, USA

#14618 Sep 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
... I also should have said ...

Where did I, an Atheist, hear this? From another Atheist? No. From some Atheist tract, handout or televised special? No. From a Satanist or some representative of a Satanist Church? No.

I heard it from a 'bot. A godbot.

Consider the source people! It's the same source as all evil in the world, pouring forth like an endless font of putrescence, bursting like pus from an angry festering boil ... that is the pox religion has placed upon Mankind's overburdened backs!!!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14619 Sep 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Nine million can say it, but they can't make it true. I can call you a "Coca Cola", it won't make you one. There is no system in atheism, other than an imaginary one in the minds of idiots.

Secular humanism and atheism are not the same thing.

Texas, USA

#14621 Sep 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Truth hurts, huh?
Truth?

United States of America

#14622 Sep 16, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
... I also should have said ...
Where did I, an Atheist, hear this? From another Atheist? No. From some Atheist tract, handout or televised special? No. From a Satanist or some representative of a Satanist Church? No.
I heard it from a 'bot. A godbot.
Consider the source people! It's the same source as all evil in the world, pouring forth like an endless font of putrescence, bursting like pus from an angry festering boil ... that is the pox religion has placed upon Mankind's overburdened backs!!!
LOL "....same source as all evil in the world, pouring forth like an endless font of putrescence, bursting like pus from an angry festering boil ... that is the pox religion has placed upon Mankind's overburdened backs!!!

Such a drama queen!

I'm just the messenger, bubba. If you don't like the message posted on the Church of Satan's website....rant at THEM about it.

United States of America

#14623 Sep 16, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
There might be a lot of Satanists claiming to be Atheist, but you'll never find an Atheist claiming to be a Satanist. You lose, ultimate fail!!
Satanists ARE atheists, bubba. Atheism is the foundation of the Church of Satan and a pre-requistite for membership. Claiming that atheists and satanists are separate species ain't going to work. They talk the same talk, walk the same walk, and embrace the same narcissistic philosophy,
Dak-Original

London, UK

#14624 Sep 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Satanists ARE atheists, bubba. Atheism is the foundation of the Church of Satan and a pre-requistite for membership. Claiming that atheists and satanists are separate species ain't going to work. They talk the same talk, walk the same walk, and embrace the same narcissistic philosophy,
What bubba thinking is that? If the Atheists lot do not believe in God then how can they believe in Satan?

Texas, USA

#14626 Sep 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL "....same source as all evil in the world, pouring forth like an endless font of putrescence, bursting like pus from an angry festering boil ... that is the pox religion has placed upon Mankind's overburdened backs!!!
Such a drama queen!
I'm just the messenger, bubba. If you don't like the message posted on the Church of Satan's website....rant at THEM about it.
I would not lend them the limited support even a brief visit would offer, much less re-post their 'dogma' give it more exposure. Perhaps YOU are the Satanist!

Texas, USA

#14627 Sep 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Narcissistic? This from a 'chosen one' on the path to 'Cosmic Consciousness' that many try for and few achieve, yada yada yada. Most anything you say is invalidated by association. LOL

Seems to me, Satanists and godbots have a lot in common. A few names have been changed to corrupt the innocent.

Texas, USA

#14628 Sep 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
All Gods are fiction ... check.
The Universe as being indifferent to us ... check.
Morals and and values are human constructions ... check.
Do not believe in Satan as a being or person ... check.
No supernatural beings ... check.
Things I agree with the Satanists on.

United States of America

#14629 Sep 16, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not lend them the limited support even a brief visit would offer, much less re-post their 'dogma' give it more exposure. Perhaps YOU are the Satanist!
Moi? A satanist?

Bwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha......
LCNLin

United States

#14631 Sep 16, 2013
<quoted text>So the Satanist is a self proclaimed god, like Jehovah(also self proclaimed), and this god "Satanist" does not believe in gods(himself)? Sounds like a exorcism video on youtube is in his future.
As one of our most esteemed posters, earlier said it so well .... "Satanist may claim to be atheist, but atheist do not claim to be Satanist".
Irish call this Malarkey, and Malarkey is be,
looking for documentation in vain,
Opinions like a weather vane..

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14632 Sep 16, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Irish call this Malarkey, and Malarkey is be,
looking for documentation in vain,
Opinions like a weather vane..
~ click ~
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#14633 Sep 16, 2013
<quoted text>Religion is cancer, atheism is no cancer. And that sounds good to anyone who actually knows the meaning of the words theism and atheism.
If religion is a cancer, how it will be "replaced" by Atheism?

Do you replace cancer by something else? or you remove it?

Perhaps you do not know how to phrase your words. Please re-try it.!!

Texas, USA

#14634 Sep 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If religion is a cancer, how it will be "replaced" by Atheism?
Do you replace cancer by something else? or you remove it?
Perhaps you do not know how to phrase your words. Please re-try it.!!
We need a word for what it's going to be like when religion goes away. It'll have to be a new word, because Mankind has never stood on it's own feet before. Is there a word for when a baby draws it's first breath? How about when a young bird takes it's first flight? It will be like a "Childhood's End" <apologies to Arthur C. Clarke> with our species finally putting away "childish things" and reaching towards a future where we are not all doomed by some petty deity. Certainly our second and most welcome Renaissance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 59 min Frijoles 209,615
'Monotheism inevitable but wasn't a break with ... Jan 26 MAAT 3
Pastors agree: Being gay not a sin, Bible says ... (Jun '08) Jan 25 true fact 81
"Juggalos" Speak Out After Arson Arrests (Sep '07) Jan 20 Hillbilly 49
My friendly neighbourhood witches (Jul '08) Jan 18 Kaitlin the Wolf ... 454
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Jan 12 You big dummy 20
Kwanzaa 2014, Day 7, Imani means faith; find th... Jan 4 Ceocailleach 1
More from around the web