Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 697)

Showing posts 13,921 - 13,940 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
To paraphrase the US Supreme Court ruling in Torcaso v. Watkins that atheism as a religion, "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....it's a duck."
in your case, its all three and the duck is a mentally ill cult member.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
in your case, its all three and the duck is a mentally ill cult member.
LOL So simple, thick and dull.....

A quicker, sharper, more intelligent, better educated atheist would have said "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it could be a transitional crocodile." Alas, no one is ever going to accuse you of being quick, sharp, intelligent or educated, bubba.

BTW I did notice that your recent posts indicate you seem to have a better handle on your Tourettes Syndrome these days. Kudos.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
A quicker, sharper, more intelligent, better educated atheist would have said "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it could be a transitional crocodile." Alas, no one is ever going to accuse you of being quick, sharp, intelligent or educated, bubba.
BTW I did notice that your recent posts indicate you seem to have a better handle on your Tourettes Syndrome these days. Kudos.
Had any atheist actually said any such tripe, we would immediately think "religitard troll". As you are the one who has said it, "religitard troll" doth spring to mind.

Also "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck, and not a religion. The atheist "system" that you fools claim* as a religion, is as non-existent as your Jewsus.

Not one of us, has ever claimed or known even one iota of that system, which begins and ends as yours.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

every game wrote:
<quoted text>
I most certainly DO NOT have a burden to prove that God exists. But I most certainly can enjoy watching you stay upset about your burden of not knowing for sure that there is NOT a God. And there's NOTHING you can do about it.
You most certainly do, and I have no burden to hold darlin. I am far from upset even though I know you would like me to be ;) There is nothing that needs to be done on my end my dear.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Atheism is NOT a religion, that is why it will replace religion!!

This is fantastic, a thing which does not even have a positive definition will replace religion.

What wastage of logic and reason, these people make.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm here to remind you that you're lying about god and have no evidence for it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

MUQ wrote:
This is fantastic, a thing which does not even have a positive definition will replace religion.
Atheism is logical, while religion is just plain old made up lies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

every game wrote:
<quoted text>
I most certainly DO NOT have a burden to prove that God exists. But I most certainly can enjoy watching you stay upset about your burden of not knowing for sure that there is NOT a God. And there's NOTHING you can do about it.
When you lie about god existing, the burden is upon you whether you like it or not.

Its because you're a creationist, you don't respect the logic that causes your cult to come under question.

The logic says, if its true there's evidence. And since you don't have any, you're a liar plain and simple.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Religion is a toothache, atheism is no toothache. And that sounds good to anyone who actually knows the meaning of the words.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Cowardly creationists try to hide behind language so they can avoid addressing the hard facts - they are liars with no evidence and need to go.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Religion is a toothache, atheism is no toothache. And that sounds good to anyone who actually knows the meaning of the words.
If you have no teeth, why should you bother about Toothache? Toothache is for people who have teeth.

Not for the infants who have yet to develop their teeth or people who have lost all their teeth, due to age or ill usage...

Athiests belong to these two categories, they should not worry about Toothache at all!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have no teeth, why should you bother about Toothache? Toothache is for people who have teeth.
Not for the infants who have yet to develop their teeth or people who have lost all their teeth, due to age or ill usage...
Athiests belong to these two categories, they should not worry about Toothache at all!!
Deliberately misunderstanding the analogy - must be a religious cult member with no proof of his claims.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
...Athiests belong to these two categories, they should not worry about Toothache at all!!
Islamists belong in counselling or psychiatric wards. That's what religion does to some people.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/06/opinion/ind...

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is cancer, atheism is no cancer. And that sounds good to anyone who actually knows the meaning of the words theism and atheism.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Erich Fromm, the spiritual atheist, said atheism was a religion decades ago. The Supreme Court's definition of a religion says it need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the court described "secular humanism" as a religion.
LOL Haven't you heard how busy atheists have been busy setting up churches and conducting Sunday services for their congregations? The new atheism promoted by evangelist gurus like Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, etc, is just like old satanism with a new paint job, bubba.
we are going to set up meeting halls
groups to share philosophy and camaraderie.
we are going to embrace the Law when it gives us equality with religion.
we are going to offer fellowship to the oppressed.

We will be that which faith is not.
Dak-Original

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Your twisted logic is all on display in your post. It is about preoccupation of the human mind and a human invented dogma like religion is not a must for humans. OH!MUQ!
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Dak-Original

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Deliberately misunderstanding the analogy - must be a religious cult member with no proof of his claims.
MUQ will twist most things which negates his "truth" but his "truth" is not compatible with now proven fact of Evolution of the species. Unlike you I do not let MUQ claim unknown matters behind it all for his human invented so called "universal" jihadist faith.I believe, real GOD will punish those like MUQ who reject truth such as Evolution of the Species after being informed about it.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Erich Fromm, the spiritual atheist, said atheism was a religion decades ago. The Supreme Court's definition of a religion says it need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the court described "secular humanism" as a religion.
LOL Haven't you heard how busy atheists have been busy setting up churches and conducting Sunday services for their congregations? The new atheism promoted by evangelist gurus like Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, etc, is just like old satanism with a new paint job, bubba.
What the heck is a "spiritual Atheist"?!?!?

I accept that Atheism has been defined as a religion to the extent and for the purpose of providing equal protection under the law. Nobody wants to be persecuted or burned at the stake for their unbeliefs. Although, being denied the right to run for civil office seems a bit unfair. Why keep the only people out of office or leadership positions who are capable of generating an unbiased opinion? Seems self defeating.

I like it when people run fast and loose with the meaning of words ...

sec·u·lar
adjective: secular
Denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.

... given that, not sure how anybody could define "Secular Humanism" as a religion, unless it is for the purpose pointed out above.

I have, well within spit'n distance, churches of every imaginable denomination. Hell ... we even got a Mosque in town to give our Muslims a safe and familiar place to plot our demise! Not one single Atheist Church. Prolly would be burned down before the stained glass was installed anyway. That is, after all, the nature of the Southern Christian ... most are barely a generation or two away from the lynchings and Burning Crosses 'bots of yesteryear.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

MUQ wrote:
Someday, in the distant, far rosier future, terms like 'religion' or 'atheism' or 'war' will become meaningless. Humankind will frolic in green pastures, along the shores of pristine, sparkling brooks. The air will be scented from the blossoms of a billion flowers and the Sun will beam down through a sky of crystalline blue. Every week, a check will arrive in the mail, of a sufficient sum to satisfy all needs and we will fill our time pursuing whatever strikes our fancy. Our homes, cities and industries will be non-polluting and for the most part, indistinguishable from the surrounding landscape. We will live in complete harmony amongst ourselves and within Nature. When we gaze skyward, we will make out the vast Star-ships being constructed in Low Earth Orbit as we prepare to sling our hibernating progeny and the stored DNA of Earth's biosphere out into interstellar space.

Is that "positive" enough? Is that kind of what you godbots have planned? Not some kind of fiery Armageddon? I'm confused on exactly who or what you consider "positive".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 13,921 - 13,940 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr Alex WM 198,592
Pagan High Priest Claims Discrimination by City... 9 hr Ernie 5
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Wed probably true 70
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Wed CShine 90
Ouija Board... SCARY STUFF! NEED HELP! (Aug '07) Wed CShine 1,015
Need Help - Shadow Person Protector or Harmful? (May '09) Wed Shawn 9
Novice needs Wiccan Friend..... Jul 7 Novice 1
•••
•••