Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14736 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14597 Sep 15, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
I most certainly DO NOT have a burden to prove that God exists. But I most certainly can enjoy watching you stay upset about your burden of not knowing for sure that there is NOT a God. And there's NOTHING you can do about it.
When you lie about god existing, the burden is upon you whether you like it or not.

Its because you're a creationist, you don't respect the logic that causes your cult to come under question.

The logic says, if its true there's evidence. And since you don't have any, you're a liar plain and simple.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14598 Sep 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Atheism is NOT a religion, that is why it will replace religion!!
This is fantastic, a thing which does not even have a positive definition will replace religion.
What wastage of logic and reason, these people make.
Religion is a toothache, atheism is no toothache. And that sounds good to anyone who actually knows the meaning of the words.

Location hidden

#14599 Sep 16, 2013
Cowardly creationists try to hide behind language so they can avoid addressing the hard facts - they are liars with no evidence and need to go.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#14600 Sep 16, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Religion is a toothache, atheism is no toothache. And that sounds good to anyone who actually knows the meaning of the words.
If you have no teeth, why should you bother about Toothache? Toothache is for people who have teeth.

Not for the infants who have yet to develop their teeth or people who have lost all their teeth, due to age or ill usage...

Athiests belong to these two categories, they should not worry about Toothache at all!!

Location hidden

#14601 Sep 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have no teeth, why should you bother about Toothache? Toothache is for people who have teeth.
Not for the infants who have yet to develop their teeth or people who have lost all their teeth, due to age or ill usage...
Athiests belong to these two categories, they should not worry about Toothache at all!!
Deliberately misunderstanding the analogy - must be a religious cult member with no proof of his claims.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#14602 Sep 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
...Athiests belong to these two categories, they should not worry about Toothache at all!!
Islamists belong in counselling or psychiatric wards. That's what religion does to some people.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/06/opinion/ind...

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14603 Sep 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is cancer, atheism is no cancer. And that sounds good to anyone who actually knows the meaning of the words theism and atheism.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#14604 Sep 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Erich Fromm, the spiritual atheist, said atheism was a religion decades ago. The Supreme Court's definition of a religion says it need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the court described "secular humanism" as a religion.
LOL Haven't you heard how busy atheists have been busy setting up churches and conducting Sunday services for their congregations? The new atheism promoted by evangelist gurus like Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, etc, is just like old satanism with a new paint job, bubba.
we are going to set up meeting halls
groups to share philosophy and camaraderie.
we are going to embrace the Law when it gives us equality with religion.
we are going to offer fellowship to the oppressed.

We will be that which faith is not.
Dak-Original

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#14605 Sep 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
This is fantastic, a thing which does not even have a positive definition will replace religion.
Your twisted logic is all on display in your post. It is about preoccupation of the human mind and a human invented dogma like religion is not a must for humans. OH!MUQ!
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#14606 Sep 16, 2013
Dak-Original

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#14607 Sep 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Deliberately misunderstanding the analogy - must be a religious cult member with no proof of his claims.
MUQ will twist most things which negates his "truth" but his "truth" is not compatible with now proven fact of Evolution of the species. Unlike you I do not let MUQ claim unknown matters behind it all for his human invented so called "universal" jihadist faith.I believe, real GOD will punish those like MUQ who reject truth such as Evolution of the Species after being informed about it.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14608 Sep 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Erich Fromm, the spiritual atheist, said atheism was a religion decades ago. The Supreme Court's definition of a religion says it need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the court described "secular humanism" as a religion.
LOL Haven't you heard how busy atheists have been busy setting up churches and conducting Sunday services for their congregations? The new atheism promoted by evangelist gurus like Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, etc, is just like old satanism with a new paint job, bubba.
What the heck is a "spiritual Atheist"?!?!?

I accept that Atheism has been defined as a religion to the extent and for the purpose of providing equal protection under the law. Nobody wants to be persecuted or burned at the stake for their unbeliefs. Although, being denied the right to run for civil office seems a bit unfair. Why keep the only people out of office or leadership positions who are capable of generating an unbiased opinion? Seems self defeating.

I like it when people run fast and loose with the meaning of words ...

sec·u·lar
adjective: secular
Denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.

... given that, not sure how anybody could define "Secular Humanism" as a religion, unless it is for the purpose pointed out above.

I have, well within spit'n distance, churches of every imaginable denomination. Hell ... we even got a Mosque in town to give our Muslims a safe and familiar place to plot our demise! Not one single Atheist Church. Prolly would be burned down before the stained glass was installed anyway. That is, after all, the nature of the Southern Christian ... most are barely a generation or two away from the lynchings and Burning Crosses 'bots of yesteryear.

Texas, USA

#14609 Sep 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Someday, in the distant, far rosier future, terms like 'religion' or 'atheism' or 'war' will become meaningless. Humankind will frolic in green pastures, along the shores of pristine, sparkling brooks. The air will be scented from the blossoms of a billion flowers and the Sun will beam down through a sky of crystalline blue. Every week, a check will arrive in the mail, of a sufficient sum to satisfy all needs and we will fill our time pursuing whatever strikes our fancy. Our homes, cities and industries will be non-polluting and for the most part, indistinguishable from the surrounding landscape. We will live in complete harmony amongst ourselves and within Nature. When we gaze skyward, we will make out the vast Star-ships being constructed in Low Earth Orbit as we prepare to sling our hibernating progeny and the stored DNA of Earth's biosphere out into interstellar space.

Is that "positive" enough? Is that kind of what you godbots have planned? Not some kind of fiery Armageddon? I'm confused on exactly who or what you consider "positive".
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#14610 Sep 16, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
That is, after all, the nature of the Southern Christian ... most are barely a generation or two away from the lynchings and Burning Crosses 'bots of yesteryear.
Whilst the UK is more secular, I think it could take only a short time for the US to catch up. Go back a hundred years and the UK was a very religious country. In my great grandfather's house the only book they owned was the Bible. You were born into a particular Christian denomination and that was it. Even if you were skeptical it was usual not to identify with one of the types of Christianity.

Now we live in a multi-cultural society. We have a world of information via TV and the internet. It is very difficult for people to be insular and operate in a faith bubble.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14611 Sep 16, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Had any atheist actually said any such tripe, we would immediately think "religitard troll". As you are the one who has said it, "religitard troll" doth spring to mind.
Also "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck, and not a religion. The atheist "system" that you fools claim* as a religion, is as non-existent as your Jewsus.
Not one of us, has ever claimed or known even one iota of that system, which begins and ends as yours.
Nine Justices on the United States Supreme Court decided that atheism is a religion. It says the definition of a religion need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the court described "secular humanism" as a religion.

Texas, USA

#14613 Sep 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Nine Justices on the United States Supreme Court decided that atheism is a religion. It says the definition of a religion need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the court described "secular humanism" as a religion.
Y'all can change the definition of "religion" to suit yourselves. Godbots enjoy an undeniable stranglehold on all branches of government, so changing the meanings of a few words ain't no big deal. I mean, you're busy re-writing History, diluting Science and destroying the educational system ... what's a few words? Whatever. It's like, in your misery, you want to swallow up even those trying to escape. We have evidence for our "belief" ... can any other "religion" on the planet say that?

United States of America

#14614 Sep 16, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
What the heck is a "spiritual Atheist"?!?!?
I accept that Atheism has been defined as a religion to the extent and for the purpose of providing equal protection under the law. Nobody wants to be persecuted or burned at the stake for their unbeliefs. Although, being denied the right to run for civil office seems a bit unfair. Why keep the only people out of office or leadership positions who are capable of generating an unbiased opinion? Seems self defeating.
I like it when people run fast and loose with the meaning of words ...
sec·u·lar
adjective: secular
Denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.
... given that, not sure how anybody could define "Secular Humanism" as a religion, unless it is for the purpose pointed out above.
I have, well within spit'n distance, churches of every imaginable denomination. Hell ... we even got a Mosque in town to give our Muslims a safe and familiar place to plot our demise! Not one single Atheist Church. Prolly would be burned down before the stained glass was installed anyway. That is, after all, the nature of the Southern Christian ... most are barely a generation or two away from the lynchings and Burning Crosses 'bots of yesteryear.
Not one single atheist church? LOL The Church of Satan is thriving in Texas! They have congregations in Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin. You atheist bubbas are such a hoot.....

Texas, USA

#14616 Sep 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one single atheist church? LOL The Church of Satan is thriving in Texas! They have congregations in Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin. You atheist bubbas are such a hoot.....
There might be a lot of Satanists claiming to be Atheist, but you'll never find an Atheist claiming to be a Satanist. You lose, ultimate fail!!

United States of America

#14617 Sep 16, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you want to drag us into the "religion" community, then you name us the worst possible "thing" in that community's little universe. I guess you feel compelled, since the well known inflated godbot ego-thing is so often pointed out, you have to 'turn it around' with this kind of nonsense. Low, Zit ... really low. You can take your Church of Atheism, Church of Satan AND Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, roll 'em up ... roll 'em up ... and stuff 'em in a pan!!!
LOL Truth hurts, huh?

Texas, USA

#14618 Sep 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
... I also should have said ...

Where did I, an Atheist, hear this? From another Atheist? No. From some Atheist tract, handout or televised special? No. From a Satanist or some representative of a Satanist Church? No.

I heard it from a 'bot. A godbot.

Consider the source people! It's the same source as all evil in the world, pouring forth like an endless font of putrescence, bursting like pus from an angry festering boil ... that is the pox religion has placed upon Mankind's overburdened backs!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) Oct 14 The Worlds Bigges... 256,291
Loner wiccan Oct 1 birdy 2
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Sep 25 de_sheets 3
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Sep '17 dirt reynolds 121
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Sep '17 ABBB 54
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Sep '17 blessed 479
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug '17 Nobody you know 14
More from around the web