Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 696)

Showing posts 13,901 - 13,920 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dak-Original

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
Type into your browser "Who are the modern Jews" by Scott Stinson to learn the anthropology of those claiming to be direct descendents to the "Semitic Israelites"
These people are related to Khazars and the Hittites and have nothing to do with the "chosen bloodines" that they have bulls**ted this nation into believe. They scemed the federal reserve, they schemed Britain into stealing Palestine, and have plundered this nation into debt while having "The Goyim" fund and die for the genocide of Muslims and confiscation of their land and resources.
I cannot paste the link because topix keeps removing it because it is damning evidence with references right out of "The jewish encyclopedia" itself. It's all a lie and the joke is on us while they further corrupt and deprave our youth while at the same time are out to bring about armageddon for their lies and God extortion. They are the hatred and they are the liars. For "non semitic Israel"
It's all a lie....
Putin for President
"bible believers org dot au/hittites dot
You miss the point that Jewish cultures and religion are not genetic source specific. Jewish are people and they do take pride in their inheritance and perseverance, no matter how these came about! even according to their faith, a person can be Jew if his mother is was a Jew! If we take your line seriously then there was nothing called Arabic culture before 1400 years.
Dak-Original

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

<quoted text>
They claim to BE genetic source specific, why do you think they invaded and STOLE Palestine? Why do you think we continue to pay and die in the Mideast? Maybe they decided to have Britain steal Palestine after those antropological findings came out realizing "the gig was up" eh?
2K years ago Jews were in Medina and rest of today's Saudi Arabia. Maybe many of today's Saudis are mainly descended form Jews.
Dak-Original

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

So who would you blame more for these Mideast genocides? Judaism or Christianity? True Christians want NOTHING to do with these senseless wars for those that are NOT semitic jews.
Judaism prints our dough (Bernanke) and taxes it (Lois Lerner) while Israel spies on all of us (NSA) and aipac greases the pockets of our sold out polititians and judges. Why do you think they allow govts to sexually deprave our youth? For profit and culture destruction.
Which middl-east genocide? Do you blame Jews for the Sunni/Shia carnage?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly why it's not a 'revolution' more like a 'devolution'. It's twisting of the facts to fit their <godbot> agenda and they are extremely clever about it. I can see why you have been fooled. It must sell A LOT of books.
If I smell snake oil ... I run the other way. I am aware that, to one degree or another, a lot of media tries to manipulate us. You must be constantly wary and the foe is getting more subtle and better at their game.
"Nothing" is a very misleading term. Even mere Humans have become adept at turning 'matter-into-energy' so there's nothing surprising about Nature turning 'energy-into-matter' given time (something someone has convinced you doesn't exist). What does 'energy' or 'potential' look like? What about 'dark matter'? Nothing comes immediately to mind.
I personally grapple with concepts like 'vacuum energy','virtual particles', etc. I've always thought 'empty space' must have something in it for radio waves to propagate through. Something like "the ether" ... turns out that's not too far off. Whatever it is ... it ain't magic ... and it ain't 'nothing'.
LOL

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries”(Robert Jastrow, God and the Astronomers, p. 107)

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's clear there are a lot of Atheists who have abandoned belief for other than purely scientific reasons. As you have pointed out "there are many paths to Enlightenment". This is a situation where "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" so I certainly welcome all Atheists regardless of how they awoke. No matter how or why, it's good to know Science is there, an impenetrable shield against which you can flail your wet-noodle-of-faith without effect.
Atheism is just another religion, bubba. Atheists are no more "enlightened" than fundamentalist zealots and no less dogmatic about their belief system. Both are broad well worn paths to self delusion....not truth.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries”(Robert Jastrow, God and the Astronomers, p. 107)
Until you've proven the god that you choose to lie about, your halfwitted opinions about science are worthless.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is just another religion, bubba. Atheists are no more "enlightened" than fundamentalist zealots and no less dogmatic about their belief system. Both are broad well worn paths to self delusion....not truth.
Atheism isn't a religion. By calling it one, you simply insult your cult further.

Atheism is a lack of belief in god. You have to lie about atheism to make your cult look more trustworthy - sad immoral mental illness you suffer from.
Shalom

Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

http://treasureandheaven.blogspot.com/

Israel is the only open and democratic society of the Middle East and it is their priority to get rid of it first. The claim that Osama bin Laden was "created" by the U.S. is propaganda waged by extremists. The popular claim that 9/11 was done by the Mossad also originates from that same source and directly contradicts the fact that many islamo-extremists celebrated 9/11 as a victory against the Jewish/American "oppressor". Between 1989 and 1996 Islamic-Jihad in Sudan kills 4 Million people. Bin Laden and his Muslim Brotherhood friends Al-Zahawiri and Al-Bashir masterminded the largest genocide since Hitlers bloodthirsty rampage through Europe.
We will fight for Israel

http://treasureandheaven.blogspot.com/

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
How poetic. I bet that was his biggest seller. Too bad he sold out to Mammon, huh? Maybe I should give him the 'benefit of the doubt' and just presume he lost his mind.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmm ... let's see ...

re·li·gion
ri&#712;lij&#601;n/
noun: religion
The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power,
esp. a personal God or gods.

a·the·ism
&#712;&#257;TH&#27 5;&#716;iz&#601;m/
noun: atheism
Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Nope. That's kind of how I had it pegged. Atheism is about as far away from a religion as you can get. Yet, you 'bots remain confused. Not surprising I guess. Y'all definitely ain't the brightest bulbs on the string <if you catch my drift>. Perhaps you can suggest another term that better illustrates A COMPLETE AND UTTER NON-BELIEF IN ANY TYPE OR FORM OF SUPERNATURAL PHENOMENON. And just so there's no confusion ...

su·per·nat·u·ral
&#716;so&#862;op&# 601;r&#712;naCH(&#601; )r&#601;l/
adjective: supernatural
A manifestation or event attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

The above daffynitions cut & pasted from Google. My apologies for the non-translatable characters. They looked okay in my text box. The meanings, however, remain intact.
Dak-Original

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is not a religion but can be termed as a belief. A religion is a belief, too. However in my experience I find then Atheists as the least deluded lot as far as truth matters are concerned.
Dak-Original

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

<quoted text>
How fitting that most of these men we end up destroying were the same men we once supported and called "Freedom fighters"
The same bs IS going on in Syria.
This nation backed the Mujahadin against Russian back in the 80's. Some might suggest Osama bin Laden was with the "Freedom fighters" there. Same when we were shaking hands with Saddam supporting him against Iran.
With friends like us????
Lies Lies Lies.
Are you not confusing the contingency politics of national interests with emotional amicability? In cold war years, the US dreaded domino effect takeover by the communists more than anything else. The US policy then erred in ignoring other threats.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmm ... let's see ...
re·li·gion
ri&#712;lij&#601;n/
noun: religion
The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power,
esp. a personal God or gods.
&#712;&#257;TH&#27 5;&#716;iz&#601;m/
noun: atheism
Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.
Nope. That's kind of how I had it pegged. Atheism is about as far away from a religion as you can get. Yet, you 'bots remain confused. Not surprising I guess. Y'all definitely ain't the brightest bulbs on the string <if you catch my drift>. Perhaps you can suggest another term that better illustrates A COMPLETE AND UTTER NON-BELIEF IN ANY TYPE OR FORM OF SUPERNATURAL PHENOMENON. And just so there's no confusion ...
su·per·nat·u·ral
&#716;so&#862;op&# 601;r&#712;naCH(&#601; )r&#601;l/
adjective: supernatural
A manifestation or event attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.
Erich Fromm, the spiritual atheist, said atheism was a religion decades ago. The Supreme Court's definition of a religion says it need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the court described "secular humanism" as a religion.

LOL Haven't you heard how busy atheists have been busy setting up churches and conducting Sunday services for their congregations? The new atheism promoted by evangelist gurus like Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, etc, is just like old satanism with a new paint job, bubba.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Erich Fromm, the spiritual atheist, said atheism was a religion decades ago. The Supreme Court's definition of a religion says it need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the court described "secular humanism" as a religion.
LOL Haven't you heard how busy atheists have been busy setting up churches and conducting Sunday services for their congregations? The new atheism promoted by evangelist gurus like Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, etc, is just like old satanism with a new paint job, bubba.
Atheism isn't a religion. You're just ignorant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
We know what a man is made of, when he has to bring up an outdated court case in order to convince an atheist he doesn't know what an atheist is.

Atheism is not a religion. Now that you know this 100%, from an atheist, will you stop lying now?

Probably not - because religious liars have no morals.
Brit Expat

Montpellier, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Hmmmm. Will it ever?

100's of religions, 1000's of sects.

All religious types just love their nonsense.

What price THINKING?

But most of all. What price INTELLIGENCE?

Sadly, the human Monkey just has'nt advanced much in the past 100,000 years.

Cyril.
Dak-Original

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

<quoted text>
Some might suggest they wished to rid the communists/Bolsheviks that have infected our own govt. Do you think it's too late? I do.
Communists in the US government? LOL!

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
We know what a man is made of, when he has to bring up an outdated court case in order to convince an atheist he doesn't know what an atheist is.
Atheism is not a religion. Now that you know this 100%, from an atheist, will you stop lying now?
Probably not - because religious liars have no morals.
LOL

To paraphrase the US Supreme Court ruling in Torcaso v. Watkins that atheism as a religion, "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....it's a duck."
JBH

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

UN was formed as a result of defeating Nazi Germany and Japan.
There was co-existence of Communist countries and freedom countries. Then, the point is not about democracy and communism on the planet, as it is about not accepting aggressor nations like Germany and Japan.
But today, the aggressor nation is actually US, as it is so proven, that US wars to Vietnam and Iraq have demonstrated such. So, UN is not fulfilling the agenda. What is the point of Russia and China supporting aggressor nation US call on Syria by doing for US to take Syria weapons away, and also on North Korea and Iran by saying they cannot have nuke weapons?
This is purely looking at true facts--just what weapons of US have been doing, as they are mostly used and exercised after WWII, resulting huge massacre of people worldwide. This proves the weapons of US are too dangerous. When US is very much into aggression of all the time, countries find the needs of needing great weapons for protection. Why would Russia support aggressor US nation to say about North Korea and Iran, as the world security is degraded and threatened by US scheme of aggression warfare and weaponry?

In reality, that North Korean and Iran having nuclear weapons, as not aggressors, are more worthwhile, than US having many big, dangerous weapons, by reviewing and assessing from facts that have occurred.
Where is UN agenda and direction as of now?
It is still a free world-- free world means the people on the planet have free thinking, as which way the course of this world should be like, and global people can do according to their way of thinking to have their security. Nothing is true from UN any more since UN was formed. Russia and China have lost their direction of the position of implementing against Aggressor nations, like US as one.

As It is a free world, people of the world can believe and do their own positions in free thinking accordingly.
Believers and value holders can go to North Korea, Iran, Syria, and other countries under US threats, to build on stands of association ties, their defense, weaponry, warfare systems, businesses, in order to deal with the current world criteria and situations now for essentially needed outlook of the world, as UN and Russia and China, cannot do anything that matters since UN is lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 13,901 - 13,920 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 12 min MUQ1 198,783
Pagan High Priest Claims Discrimination by City... 1 hr Jumper The wise 15
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe 4 hr a person 83
Cosmic ordering (Nov '09) 10 hr bren 3
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Jul 9 CShine 90
Ouija Board... SCARY STUFF! NEED HELP! (Aug '07) Jul 9 CShine 1,015
Need Help - Shadow Person Protector or Harmful? (May '09) Jul 9 Shawn 9
•••
•••