Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14531 Sep 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
These kinds of updates--Earth is not flat, land masses drift, time does not exist, etc--are part of every scientific revolution. Viva la revolucion....
<quoted text>
Eavesdropping? Rocks tell better jokes.....
Your cult is just a bunch of weak lies supported by wilfully stupid and dishonest people.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14532 Sep 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
These kinds of updates--Earth is not flat, land masses drift, time does not exist, etc--are part of every scientific revolution. Viva la revolucion....
<quoted text>
Eavesdropping? Rocks tell better jokes.....
There's one thing you forgot to mention. Science 'addicts' such as myself don't trust news about "scientific revolution" from godbots ... I go to places like:

" http://www.the-scientist.com/... ;

" http://www.sciencedaily.com/" ;

" http://geology.com/news/2013/simulating-the-b... ;

" http://www.scientificamerican.com/" ;

" http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php... ;

" http://www.ted.com/" ;

... where you can read articles that are not trying to baffle people into believing the impossible.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14535 Sep 12, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>You need to be concentrating on how horrifying and painful Hell is going to be for you----and I don't have a burden to prove anything and this gripes your ass.
It is most certainly your burden to prove a god if you claim one exists or to at least admit that you cannot be 100% positive that you are correct. If you make claims that something exists then it becomes your responsibility if the question is asked. What gripes our ass is that you think you know it all, and you constantly run your mouth about it.

Location hidden

#14536 Sep 12, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>What are you going to do about it? Continue to worry that you are wrong?
There is nothing anyone can do about your bad decisions, and bad attitude...and if you paid more attention you would see that no one on here worries about being wrong lol...including yourself.

Location hidden

#14537 Sep 12, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>You make ranting and belly aching look so easy.
This makes no sense.

Location hidden

#14540 Sep 12, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to be concentrating on how horrifying and painful Hell is going to be for you----and I don't have a burden to prove anything and this gripes your ass.
Your imagination does not threaten me. You cannot scare me into believing in your mental illness.

This is the problem with the mental illness of creationism - it's sufferers are like brain dead zombies.

Location hidden

#14541 Sep 12, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you going to do about it? Continue to worry that you are wrong?
I'm going to keep reminding you over and over again that you in fact a simple minded liar with no proof of god.

We should ask why a creationist is in the atheism forum in the first place. if I was afraid I was wrong, I would be in the creationism forum.

Location hidden

#14542 Sep 12, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong. The bible says I have no burden at all to prove God exists. I know this angers you but it really does say that. If you had read the Bible and understood it, you would know this.
You have no proof of your god and that is why you fail again and again in this forum.

When you become brave enough to prove your god, or admit at you are a liar, you will reach personal salvation.

Location hidden

#14543 Sep 12, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong. The bible says I have no burden at all to prove God exists. I know this angers you but it really does say that. If you had read the Bible and understood it, you would know this.
The bible says that all atheists are fools, and for this reason alone it's an outdated piece of garbage cult propaganda.

Location hidden

#14544 Sep 12, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>You're wrong. The bible says I have no burden at all to prove God exists. I know this angers you but it really does say that. If you had read the Bible and understood it, you would know this.
It doesn't anger me...I already know what your bible says about it...unfortunately when you are speaking to people who understand personal responsibility this will not and does not work as an excuse. I know that you don't understand personal responsibility because your bible doesn't teach that, but people in the real world understand that we are responsible for the things that come out of our mouths and to have trust we have to make sure that the things that we say to people are truthful and if they are just opinion and they cannot be proven then its our responsibility to admit that and then take responsibility for our decisions to feel how we feel.

You don't follow what your bible says so it does nothing for you to say that the "bible says". If you followed it at all then you wouldn't be on this forum at all right now.

Location hidden

#14545 Sep 13, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't anger me...I already know what your bible says about it...unfortunately when you are speaking to people who understand personal responsibility this will not and does not work as an excuse. I know that you don't understand personal responsibility because your bible doesn't teach that, but people in the real world understand that we are responsible for the things that come out of our mouths and to have trust we have to make sure that the things that we say to people are truthful and if they are just opinion and they cannot be proven then its our responsibility to admit that and then take responsibility for our decisions to feel how we feel.
You don't follow what your bible says so it does nothing for you to say that the "bible says". If you followed it at all then you wouldn't be on this forum at all right now.
This is the creationist logic we have to deal with.

The bible says telling the truth is important, but the burden of proof is not???

Flawed cult.

Location hidden

#14546 Sep 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>This is the creationist logic we have to deal with.

The bible says telling the truth is important, but the burden of proof is not???

Flawed cult.
Agreed.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14547 Sep 13, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>There's one thing you forgot to mention. Science 'addicts' such as myself don't trust news about "scientific revolution" from godbots ... I go to places like:

" http://www.the-scientist.com/ ... ;

" http://www.sciencedaily.com/" ; ;

" http://geology.com/news/2013/simulating-the-b ... ;

" http://www.scientificamerican.com/" ; ;

" http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php ... ;

" http://www.ted.com/" ; ;

... where you can read articles that are not trying to baffle people into believing the impossible.
LOL Science “addicts” such as yourself meaning atheists? The modern scientific revolution was founded and launched by “godbots”, bubba.

Does this mean your atheist “approved” reading list never publishes anything by snake oil salesmen trying to scam you into believing the impossible, such as the idea that something can evolve from nothing....?

Texas, USA

#14549 Sep 13, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Science “addicts” such as yourself meaning atheists? The modern scientific revolution was founded and launched by “godbots”, bubba.
Does this mean your atheist “approved” reading list never publishes anything by snake oil salesmen trying to scam you into believing the impossible, such as the idea that something can evolve from nothing....?
Exactly why it's not a 'revolution' more like a 'devolution'. It's twisting of the facts to fit their <godbot> agenda and they are extremely clever about it. I can see why you have been fooled. It must sell A LOT of books.

If I smell snake oil ... I run the other way. I am aware that, to one degree or another, a lot of media tries to manipulate us. You must be constantly wary and the foe is getting more subtle and better at their game.

"Nothing" is a very misleading term. Even mere Humans have become adept at turning 'matter-into-energy' so there's nothing surprising about Nature turning 'energy-into-matter' given time (something someone has convinced you doesn't exist). What does 'energy' or 'potential' look like? What about 'dark matter'? Nothing comes immediately to mind.

I personally grapple with concepts like 'vacuum energy','virtual particles', etc. I've always thought 'empty space' must have something in it for radio waves to propagate through. Something like "the ether" ... turns out that's not too far off. Whatever it is ... it ain't magic ... and it ain't 'nothing'.

Texas, USA

#14550 Sep 13, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
LOL Science “addicts” such as yourself meaning atheists?
No. It's clear there are a lot of Atheists who have abandoned belief for other than purely scientific reasons. As you have pointed out "there are many paths to Enlightenment". This is a situation where "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" so I certainly welcome all Atheists regardless of how they awoke. No matter how or why, it's good to know Science is there, an impenetrable shield against which you can flail your wet-noodle-of-faith without effect.

Texas, USA

#14555 Sep 13, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
If you got the proof, you would still reject it. That is already known , so that is why our burden was removed.
Things that don't exist leave no evidence. The people who write holy books know this. So that is why your burden was removed and by whom ... the people that wrote the holy book. It's really not Rocket Science.

Location hidden

#14556 Sep 13, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>If you got the proof, you would still reject it. That is already known , so that is why our burden was removed.
No...if there had been proof already then there would not be this debate.

Location hidden

#14557 Sep 14, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
If you got the proof, you would still reject it. That is already known , so that is why our burden was removed.
Why don't you become brave and provide proof? Are you too scared it is false?

That's why your cult has no morals - it doesn't even follow its own rules.

If the bible says truth is important, why do you run like a coward when asked to present it?

Location hidden

#14558 Sep 14, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
You've had since the beginning of time to provide proof, so your sentence "If you got proof" is plain stupid.

There is no "if" you're just idiot liars who are too cowardly to admit you work for a cult that is losing members every day.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#14559 Sep 14, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
I wrote:
The first evidence of the existence of energy is the particle which triggered the Big Bang. It's called the "God particle".(hehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehe....)
If you want proof of YOUR Creator.....“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye
shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you....”
Jesus said that. Hindu holy men, Buddha, Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lao Tzu, Muhammed, all the great religious leaders have said essentially the same thing for at least the last 8,000 years. YOU have to do the asking, seeking, and knocking. Nobody else can do it for you, bubba. And,
You responded with:
<quoted text>
Again, if YOU aren't willing to ask, seek, and knock, you will remain as blind, deaf, and ignorant as you are today for the rest of your useless, pathetic life.
What is useless and pathetic is self delusion. Basically, you've still got nothing. So keep on keeping on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... 14 min True Christian wi... 15
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 29 min El Cid 202,158
I...(gulp) am a Pagan Agnostic Taoist 9 hr Son of God 1
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep 8 Kathwynn 14
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Sep 7 Kathwynn 2
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep 1 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
•••

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••