Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14432 Sep 8, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
So what if a person does all of these things and gets no response??? What would be the reason behind that?
LOL ... that's easy! YOU ARE NOT WORTHY!!! You do NOT BELIEVE strongly enough! Your FAITH is weak!!

I used to set in church and think:

All you got to do to get to heaven is believe.

All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church.

All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages.

All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time.

All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot.

All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot and live a virtuous life.

All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot and live a virtuous life and have faith.

All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot and live a virtuous life and have faith and suspend your incredulity.

All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot and live a virtuous life and have faith and suspend your incredulity and turn your brain to tapioca.

All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot and live a virtuous life and have faith and suspend your incredulity and turn your brain to tapioca and sing and wave your arms about and ...

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14433 Sep 8, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't see any logic in your posts!
You love to ramble?
Of corse you can't. After all, it is not something that you are known for recognizing.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14434 Sep 8, 2013
I stopped too soon. Bottom line is ... it's easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle than get a HUMAN BEING into heaven. Lots easier in fact. Camels and needles actually exist. I'm not saying the Bible isn't well written. That 'camel-eye-of-needle' thing ... catchy. Same with 'seek and you will find'... good writing! Humans have a knack for writing, spinning yarns, telling tales. Go to a library or Barnes and Noble, no lack of talented people filling books with catchy words and inspiring phrases. There was a fair share of such people back in the old days as well. Using their 'word skills' to make themselves a living. Many of us 'not-so-talented' can't see how they do it. "Must be gifts from God" or "God inspired" we say by way of explanation. Nope. Just people doing what people do.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14435 Sep 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
"The God Particle" was a whimsical nickname for the Higg's Boson. So named, no doubt, because this particular boson existed only in theory. Recently "tentatively confirmed to exist", the Higg's Boson thus enjoys a status your God can never attain. Makes me sad. There is currently an opening for a particle worthy of the name. The next "God Particle" is on standby until funds are needed for the construction of a more powerful accelerator.
Lederman explained in the book why he gave the Higgs boson the nickname "The God Particle":

"This boson is so central to the state of physics today, so crucial to our final understanding of the structure of matter, yet so elusive, that I have given it a nickname: the God Particle. Why God Particle? Two reasons. One, the publisher wouldn't let us call it the Goddamn Particle, though that might be a more appropriate title, given its villainous nature and the expense it is causing. And two, there is a connection, of sorts, to another book, a much older one..."
—p. 22[5]

Satyendra Nath Bose was the devout Hindu scientist who first proposed the existence of a class of particles that obey Bose–Einstein statistics. These particles were called "bosons" to honor Bose's contributions to particle physics. The "God particle" or Higgs boson was theorized to exist in 1964 by Peter Higgs. It took a tremendous amount of faith for all of the scientists who worked on this project to keep searching for proof that this particle actually existed for over 40 years but their faith in "seeking" was finally rewarded with "finding" this year.....

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14436 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
What's this "us" stuff?
The "bread" and "water" of life is for children of God and you ain't related to "us", bubba.
Get it?
"Us", as in we who have, do and will read the buybull.

But, I understand your problem, you have an exclusive god club, and membership must be guarded and limited to those who are Jewish, Muslim, Christains, Satanists, Vodun and Pagans. Jewsus is a whole nother story, nobody but the Jews can claim him. So barricade the doors, and you may manage to trap some decrepit oldster or two when the rush to bail, comes.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14437 Sep 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ... that's easy! YOU ARE NOT WORTHY!!! You do NOT BELIEVE strongly enough! Your FAITH is weak!!
I used to set in church and think:
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot and live a virtuous life.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot and live a virtuous life and have faith.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot and live a virtuous life and have faith and suspend your incredulity.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot and live a virtuous life and have faith and suspend your incredulity and turn your brain to tapioca.
All you got to do to get to heaven is believe and go to church and tithe your wages and volunteer your time and pray a lot and live a virtuous life and have faith and suspend your incredulity and turn your brain to tapioca and sing and wave your arms about and ...
That's what I used to do, and it doesn't work for anyone, and never will. My point was this exactly.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14438 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
I wrote:
The first evidence of the existence of energy is the particle which triggered the Big Bang. It's called the "God particle".(hehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehe....)
If you want proof of YOUR Creator.....“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye
shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you....”
Jesus said that. Hindu holy men, Buddha, Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lao Tzu, Muhammed, all the great religious leaders have said essentially the same thing for at least the last 8,000 years. YOU have to do the asking, seeking, and knocking. Nobody else can do it for you, bubba. And,
You responded with:
<quoted text>
Again, if YOU aren't willing to ask, seek, and knock, you will remain as blind, deaf, and ignorant as you are today for the rest of your useless, pathetic life.
Just another mad liar with no proof of god.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14439 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Lederman explained in the book why he gave the Higgs boson the nickname "The God Particle":
"This boson is so central to the state of physics today, so crucial to our final understanding of the structure of matter, yet so elusive, that I have given it a nickname: the God Particle. Why God Particle? Two reasons. One, the publisher wouldn't let us call it the Goddamn Particle, though that might be a more appropriate title, given its villainous nature and the expense it is causing. And two, there is a connection, of sorts, to another book, a much older one..."
—p. 22[5]
Satyendra Nath Bose was the devout Hindu scientist who first proposed the existence of a class of particles that obey Bose–Einstein statistics. These particles were called "bosons" to honor Bose's contributions to particle physics. The "God particle" or Higgs boson was theorized to exist in 1964 by Peter Higgs. It took a tremendous amount of faith for all of the scientists who worked on this project to keep searching for proof that this particle actually existed for over 40 years but their faith in "seeking" was finally rewarded with "finding" this year.....
You're simply an idiot with no proof of god, lying to complete strangers online.

There's no such thing as god, its a fact that you deny because you're mentally incapable of accepting reality for what it is.

All your life's answers are in the above two paragraphs which you will ignore over and over again, because that is what mentally ill liars do.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14440 Sep 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
I stopped too soon. Bottom line is ... it's easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle than get a HUMAN BEING into heaven. Lots easier in fact. Camels and needles actually exist. I'm not saying the Bible isn't well written. That 'camel-eye-of-needle' thing ... catchy. Same with 'seek and you will find'... good writing! Humans have a knack for writing, spinning yarns, telling tales. Go to a library or Barnes and Noble, no lack of talented people filling books with catchy words and inspiring phrases. There was a fair share of such people back in the old days as well. Using their 'word skills' to make themselves a living. Many of us 'not-so-talented' can't see how they do it. "Must be gifts from God" or "God inspired" we say by way of explanation. Nope. Just people doing what people do.
The correct translation is it's easier to get a rope through the eye of a needle, not camel. In Aramaic the words "rope" and "camel" look nearly identical except for three dots in triangular pattern over the Aramaic word for "rope". The KJV scholars were translating into English from second hand copies of Greek and Latin texts who mistranslated the original Aramaic words.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14441 Sep 8, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
So what if a person does all of these things and gets no response??? What would be the reason behind that?
It's never happened. Those who seek enlightenment ALWAYS find enlightenment.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14442 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Lederman explained in the book why he gave the Higgs boson the nickname "The God Particle":
"This boson is so central to the state of physics today, so crucial to our final understanding of the structure of matter, yet so elusive, that I have given it a nickname: the God Particle. Why God Particle? Two reasons. One, the publisher wouldn't let us call it the Goddamn Particle, though that might be a more appropriate title, given its villainous nature and the expense it is causing. And two, there is a connection, of sorts, to another book, a much older one..."
—p. 22[5]
Satyendra Nath Bose was the devout Hindu scientist who first proposed the existence of a class of particles that obey Bose–Einstein statistics. These particles were called "bosons" to honor Bose's contributions to particle physics. The "God particle" or Higgs boson was theorized to exist in 1964 by Peter Higgs. It took a tremendous amount of faith for all of the scientists who worked on this project to keep searching for proof that this particle actually existed for over 40 years but their faith in "seeking" was finally rewarded with "finding" this year.....
Yes. That "connection, of sorts" is exactly the one I was talking about. And I guess this Nath fellow made his proposal when? 10000 years ago or something? LOL
LCNLin

United States

#14443 Sep 8, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who read my post again will assess this one as nonsense! I have only stated that religions have creation tales and these tales have been disproved fully now.(Human Genome Project, 2003). Now who is trying to be too intelligent here by calling all and sundry "bubba" and ends up being biggest bubba here?
Human Genome Project, 2003)...that it,
amusing

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14444 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
The correct translation is it's easier to get a rope through the eye of a needle, not camel. In Aramaic the words "rope" and "camel" look nearly identical except for three dots in triangular pattern over the Aramaic word for "rope". The KJV scholars were translating into English from second hand copies of Greek and Latin texts who mistranslated the original Aramaic words.
Okay. I've no reason to doubt there are COUNTLESS translation and interpretation errors. The 'Word of God' has more holes in it than a warehouse full of Swiss cheese.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14445 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
What's this "us" stuff?
The "bread" and "water" of life is for children of God and you ain't related to "us", bubba.
Get it?
"Us", as in we who have, do and will read the buybull.

But, I understand your problem, you have an exclusive god club, and membership must be guarded and limited to those who are Jewish, Muslim, Christains, Satanists, Vodun and Pagans. Jewsus is a whole nother story, nobody but the Jews can claim him. So barricade the doors, and you may manage to trap some decrepit oldster or two when the rush to bail, comes.

" In the same day shall the Lord shave with a razor that is hired, namely, by them beyond the river, by the king of Assyria, the head, and the hair of the feet: and it shall also consume the beard."

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14446 Sep 8, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>"Us", as in we who have, do and will read the buybull.
But, I understand your problem, you have an exclusive god club, and membership must be guarded and limited to those who are Jewish, Muslim, Christains, Satanists, Vodun and Pagans. Jewsus is a whole nother story, nobody but the Jews can claim him. So barricade the doors, and you may manage to trap some decrepit oldster or two when the rush to bail, comes.
Not at all. The word "us" refers to all enlightened folks who KNOW that the omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent spirit in every particle of everything in the universe is the ONE, aka Lord of Creation, Allah, God, the Supreme Being, Brahman, the Cosmic Consciousness, the Unconditioned Element, etc, etc, etc, folks from every religion and no religion--they are the children of God.

And FYI--Jesus aka Yeshua Ben Yosef was NOT a Jew, bubba.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14447 Sep 8, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
He thinks he can see you????*eyebrow raise
Yep, he sure does, and it's not that remarkable considering what else he can probably "see".

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

every game wrote:
<quoted text>
but I do enjoy watching how angry and mad you get over it. It tickles me pink.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14448 Sep 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. That "connection, of sorts" is exactly the one I was talking about. And I guess this Nath fellow made his proposal when? 10000 years ago or something? LOL
1920, bubba.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#14449 Sep 8, 2013
Prove it, blubber.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. The word "us" refers to all enlightened folks who KNOW that the omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent spirit in every particle of everything in the universe is the ONE, aka Lord of Creation, Allah, God, the Supreme Being, Brahman, the Cosmic Consciousness, the Unconditioned Element, etc, etc, etc, folks from every religion and no religion--they are the children of God.
And FYI--Jesus aka Yeshua Ben Yosef was NOT a Jew, bubba.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14450 Sep 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. The word "us" refers to all enlightened folks who KNOW that the omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent spirit in every particle of everything in the universe is the ONE, aka Lord of Creation, Allah, God, the Supreme Being, Brahman, the Cosmic Consciousness, the Unconditioned Element, etc, etc, etc, folks from every religion and no religion--they are the children of God.
And FYI--Jesus aka Yeshua Ben Yosef was NOT a Jew, bubba.
Well ... don't hurt your arm twisting it all around like that to pat yourselves on the back! LOL

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14451 Sep 8, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
He thinks he can see you????*eyebrow raise
Yep, he sure does, and it's not that remarkable considering what else he can probably see.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

every game wrote:
<quoted text>
but I do enjoy watching how angry and mad you get over it. It tickles me pink.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr Qatari 256,009
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 3 Eagle 12 4,907
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Nov 25 Jillifitz 115
News Paganism no better than Atheism (May '10) Nov 17 Amused 30
News Why All Jews Should Hate Halloween - And So Sho... Oct '16 Hecate 1
Beauty spell worked last year but not anymore Oct '16 Prettyicy 1
Wiccan Coven Secrets Anyone? Oct '16 Julius the Jules 1
More from around the web