Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,448

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#14265 Aug 26, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
In this world, smart people sometimes do dumb things and dumb people on occasion, act wisely.
Take Leopold and Loeb, two smart, rich boys who ruined their whole lives just so they could have fun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_and_Loeb .
Like these two, religious people forsake common sense for what makes them feel good.
And you think that is something an intelligent person would do?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#14266 Aug 26, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about being smart enough...people who are indoctrinated, no matter how smart, cannot easily break the bonds of their indoctrination.
That's like saying, "Even intelligent people smoke cigarettes." I disagree!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14267 Aug 26, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many competing theories about the causes of the sudden temperature changes.
<quoted text>
Yeah, right.
<quoted text>
Go for it!
<quoted text>
And the tobacco corporations have conducted scientific research which proves smoking cigarettes is not harmful....
Maybe, but I like this one. Where else do nanodiamonds, metallic microspherules, carbon spherules, magnetic spherules, iridium, charcoal, soot, and fullerenes enriched in helium-3 come from? Pixie dust? I don't think so.

Okay, maybe I exaggerate. Still, your science seems based on the movie "Day After Tomorrow" rather than the other way around.

You mean you're okay with Pleistocene Park?!?! Even so, with all those well preserved carcasses laying around ... you'd think somebody would have already popped out a few pristine woolies. But they haven't. Why? Because there is no intact DNA from these animals because they froze in quite conventional, ice-crystal forming, nucleus busting, chromosome smashing fashion, just like a reasonable person would expect.

So you don't trust "NATURE"? A well respected scientific, peer-reviewed journal but you're all over ancient Sanskrit translations? Hmmmmmm.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14268 Aug 26, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, but I like this one. Where else do nanodiamonds, metallic microspherules, carbon spherules, magnetic spherules, iridium, charcoal, soot, and fullerenes enriched in helium-3 come from? Pixie dust? I don't think so.
Okay, maybe I exaggerate. Still, your science seems based on the movie "Day After Tomorrow" rather than the other way around.
You mean you're okay with Pleistocene Park?!?! Even so, with all those well preserved carcasses laying around ... you'd think somebody would have already popped out a few pristine woolies. But they haven't. Why? Because there is no intact DNA from these animals because they froze in quite conventional, ice-crystal forming, nucleus busting, chromosome smashing fashion, just like a reasonable person would expect.
So you don't trust "NATURE"? A well respected scientific, peer-reviewed journal but you're all over ancient Sanskrit translations? Hmmmmmm.
Russian scientists have extracted Wooly Mammoth DNA from intact red blood cells.

http://phys.org/news/2013-05-russian-scientis...

Finding the carcasses in these remote areas before they start to defrost and decay---and before ivory poachers find them---has been a challenge.

I think "Nature" is a great publication. Read it all the time. And. I think "scientists" who have never done any kind of real farming but publish all kinds of theories about it--peer reviewed by other scientists who have never done any kind of real farming--are very entertaining...

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#14269 Aug 26, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>That's like saying, "Even intelligent people smoke cigarettes." I disagree!
I take it back.
I was trying to be nice.

There really are way too many idiots in religion.

United States of America

#14270 Aug 26, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're an idiot who believes in creationism and denies the fact of evolution.
End of story. You can f*ck off back to your failed cult now moron. Athiests converted = 0.
Your evolution theory doesn't explain how humans, i.e. homo sapien sapiens, literally crawled out of their caves and then jumped from the Stone Age into the Space Age in less than 12,000 years.

Why don't YOU explain how humans made that quantum leap in only 300 generations, bubba?

Texas, USA

#14271 Aug 26, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Russian scientists have extracted Wooly Mammoth DNA from intact red blood cells.
http://phys.org/news/2013-05-russian-scientis...
Finding the carcasses in these remote areas before they start to defrost and decay---and before ivory poachers find them---has been a challenge.
I think "Nature" is a great publication. Read it all the time. And. I think "scientists" who have never done any kind of real farming but publish all kinds of theories about it--peer reviewed by other scientists who have never done any kind of real farming--are very entertaining...
I read somebody was even going to serve up 'Mastodon Burgers'... wonder if that ever happened.

Farming, smarming ... even home botanists know that talking to their plants helps 'em grow. Really, of course, they're huffing and puffing more CO2 their way, but, you know, the talking probably has a therapeutic effect on the talker.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#14272 Aug 26, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the most important purposes of our sciences is to search for, gather and study objective evidence of how every part of the world works and what causes changes, both positive and negative changes. "Killing the messenger" won't change the impacts of cause and effect on the human race...
But they should not go into "predicting business" because it is outside their field.

They know very little about how this complex universe works and what are hidden treasures in it.

So far EVERYTHING these scientists predicted has proven wrong.

Therefore they should only their job of finding out how the things work and leave the job of "predicting" to other people.

That was my main point.

Texas, USA

#14273 Aug 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
But they should not go into "predicting business" because it is outside their field.
They know very little about how this complex universe works and what are hidden treasures in it.
So far EVERYTHING these scientists predicted has proven wrong.
Therefore they should only their job of finding out how the things work and leave the job of "predicting" to other people.
That was my main point.
Scientists, mathematicians and statisticians are the only ones with any business at all "predicting" anything. It's perfectly legitimate to make projections/extrapolations based upon a careful analysis of past trends. It's really the only tools we have. Perfect? Of course not. Not in the chaotic Universe we find ourselves in. It is the rare, apologetic scientist who will go all poetic predicting anything. What predictions made by what scientists have all been proven wrong? I suppose you put your faith in the predictions made by prophets and soothsayers, tea leaves and goat entrails ... LOL!!

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#14274 Aug 26, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I been to Syria a couple times. A people more frightened of their government I have never seen. I wish we could help more, but frankly, they will place a higher value on whatever they get if they pay for it themselves. Our record at 'bestowing freedom' isn't that great anyway.
The issue is that there are a lot of extremists Muslims ready to come in, once Assad is deposed.
Dak-Original

Leeds, UK

#14275 Aug 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Your evolution theory doesn't explain how humans, i.e. homo sapien sapiens, literally crawled out of their caves and then jumped from the Stone Age into the Space Age in less than 12,000 years.
Why don't YOU explain how humans made that quantum leap in only 300 generations, bubba?
Tall question only because it would need a small booklet. However, there is no quantum jump but evolution of the brain and then emancipation of the mind due to challenges and odd strokes of luck from the specis point of view. The price in terms of loss of lives and struggle in dire times was heavy if you look from the point of view of the individuals. However, that is the way evolution and mutations occur to suit circumstances. Now use of silly words like "bubba" for other posters only shows you up as an arch Bubba here.

Texas, USA

#14276 Aug 27, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is that there are a lot of extremists Muslims ready to come in, once Assad is deposed.
In my humble opinion, the Syrian people won't tolerate another oppressor. It would be hard to imagine a more extreme Muslim than Assad. He's what every extreme Muslim dreams of becoming ... Supreme Dictator of their very own nation!!

United States of America

#14277 Aug 27, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
Tall question only because it would need a small booklet. However, there is no quantum jump but evolution of the brain and then emancipation of the mind due to challenges and odd strokes of luck from the specis point of view. The price in terms of loss of lives and struggle in dire times was heavy if you look from the point of view of the individuals. However, that is the way evolution and mutations occur to suit circumstances. Now use of silly words like "bubba" for other posters only shows you up as an arch Bubba here.
LOL

In other words, you are just another one of the many ignorant bubbas on this thread who are absolutely clueless about how and why humans evolved.

What challenges, what luck, bubba? Our modern sciences say there were virtually no selection pressures on humans 12,000 years ago. Humans were and are apex predators at the top of the food chain and at that time in the Earth's history, the Fertile Crescent was quite literally the "Garden of Eden". It had beautiful weather, was full of rivers and streams with fresh clean water, had bountiful supplies of game meat, wild grains, fruits herbs and vegetables--anything and everything humans wanted or needed freely grew all around them. So what was it that caused this particular million year old animal species to suddenly begin an extraordinary and unprecedented rapid evolution from the Stone Age to the Space Age in only 300 generations?

Anybody on this thread got an INTELLIGENT answer for this question?
Dak-Original

Leeds, UK

#14278 Aug 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
In other words, you are just another one of the many ignorant bubbas on this thread who are absolutely clueless about how and why humans evolved.
What challenges, what luck, bubba? Our modern sciences say there were virtually no selection pressures on humans 12,000 years ago. Humans were and are apex predators at the top of the food chain and at that time in the Earth's history, the Fertile Crescent was quite literally the "Garden of Eden". It had beautiful weather, was full of rivers and streams with fresh clean water, had bountiful supplies of game meat, wild grains, fruits herbs and vegetables--anything and everything humans wanted or needed freely grew all around them. So what was it that caused this particular million year old animal species to suddenly begin an extraordinary and unprecedented rapid evolution from the Stone Age to the Space Age in only 300 generations?
Here the Arch Bubba is talking about 12,000 years ago but evolution is a continuing matter and 12,000 years ago technologies had not arrived but lot were not much different from the current Homo Sapien. However, until as recently as one milleneum humans wer not top dogs and any venturing into wilderness humans came off worse off against lions, etc. Arch Bubba cannot get him mind round to see matters in any perspective except the one for a mere belief one!

Texas, USA

#14280 Aug 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Anatomically modern Humans appeared about 50k years ago as Hunter-gatherers, developed tool use, language, writing, art and the rest, as they say, is History. The last three developments allowed knowledge and experience to be passed down to subsequent generations who used their spare time to make improvements. Curiosity and the ever changing climate prompted exploration and innovation. Certain key developments like fire, the wheel, agriculture, metallurgy and trade prompted their own periods of rapid growth, prosperity and innovation. There's no telling what we could have accomplished had some jackass not invented religion. We're trying to fix that as we speak.

United States of America

#14281 Aug 27, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
Here the Arch Bubba is talking about 12,000 years ago but evolution is a continuing matter and 12,000 years ago technologies had not arrived but lot were not much different from the current Homo Sapien. However, until as recently as one milleneum humans wer not top dogs and any venturing into wilderness humans came off worse off against lions, etc. Arch Bubba cannot get him mind round to see matters in any perspective except the one for a mere belief one!
And yet more blah blah blah from another ignorant bubba who has all the answers but doesn't know the questions.... Typical atheist.

United States of America

#14282 Aug 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Anatomically modern Humans appeared about 50k years ago as Hunter-gatherers, developed tool use, language, writing, art and the rest, as they say, is History. The last three developments allowed knowledge and experience to be passed down to subsequent generations who used their spare time to make improvements. Curiosity and the ever changing climate prompted exploration and innovation. Certain key developments like fire, the wheel, agriculture, metallurgy and trade prompted their own periods of rapid growth, prosperity and innovation. There's no telling what we could have accomplished had some jackass not invented religion. We're trying to fix that as we speak.
LOL You're cutting and pasting from a lame website. The pro-evolution academic community coerced the UC Berkeley geneticist who announced that "Eve and Her Seven Daughters" appeared in the mt/DNA of modern humans only 50.000 years ago into doing a math redo about a decade ago. That math redo pushed the timeline for Eve back to 100,000 years ago.

According to the archeological record, the oldest building in the world is a temple built about 11,000 years ago. So, in direct contradiction to your theory, BEFORE "some jackass" invented this new religion and built a temple, humans had been very unremarkable for tens of thousands of years, but AFTER the temple was built....well. the rest, as they say, is history, right? We became remarkable. What happened to us? How did we jump from the Stone Age to the Space Age in only 300 generations? Hmmmmmm......?
Dak-Original

Leeds, UK

#14283 Aug 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet more blah blah blah from another ignorant bubba who has all the answers but doesn't know the questions.... Typical atheist.
The Arch Bubba forgot that I am no atheist, but an almost atheist. I do believe in concept of GOD but that is mere belief and not the truth. Where does "typical" then fit here, Arch "blah blah blah Bubba?

Texas, USA

#14284 Aug 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL You're cutting and pasting from a lame website. The pro-evolution academic community coerced the UC Berkeley geneticist who announced that "Eve and Her Seven Daughters" appeared in the mt/DNA of modern humans only 50.000 years ago into doing a math redo about a decade ago. That math redo pushed the timeline for Eve back to 100,000 years ago.
According to the archeological record, the oldest building in the world is a temple built about 11,000 years ago. So, in direct contradiction to your theory, BEFORE "some jackass" invented this new religion and built a temple, humans had been very unremarkable for tens of thousands of years, but AFTER the temple was built....well. the rest, as they say, is history, right? We became remarkable. What happened to us? How did we jump from the Stone Age to the Space Age in only 300 generations? Hmmmmmm......?
My "cut and paste" is your answer. It's called progress. What part of it do you fail to understand?

United States of America

#14285 Aug 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
My "cut and paste" is your answer. It's called progress. What part of it do you fail to understand?
Your answer posits that modern humans have only been around for 50,000 years. That's wrong. What part of "wrong" do you fail to understand?

And, the guys and gals at UC Berkeley have done another math redo and pushed the date for the emergence of Mitochondrial Eve, the mother of all modern humans, even further back to between 140,000 and 200,000 BP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Ev...

The dates for the emergence of Y-chromosomal Adam, the father of all modern humans, vary between 188,000 and 338,000 BP, and DNA evidence says grandpa Adam had at least two sons. LOL Imagine that...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Ad...

It looks like modern humans weren't that much different from other animals for well over a 100,000 years before the clock stuck 12,000 BP. Then everything about the way humans behaved obviously changed. The question no evolution theory has ever answered is what caused this change to occur?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 min Dragnet52 205,850
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Nov 22 buckwheat 12
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov 22 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov 15 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov 12 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov 11 scribbles 1
Shadow Energy / Shadow Magic (Feb '08) Nov 11 scribbles 25

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE