Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 678)

Showing posts 13,541 - 13,560 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
It really chaps your atheist ass that Einstein and ALL the great minds of the 20th century scientific revolution believed in God, doesn't it, bubba?
Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha.......
Why would it? His actual words are easily checked. His words are forever finished, no more to come, what you choose to add is simply not his.
Dak-Original

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
I do not believe in a personal god. Albert Einstein 1954
<quoted text>
Neither have I since I was 15! 2013
Dak-Original

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

LCNlin wrote:
Is it any surprise that, in a smug tweet, Richard Dawkins refers to this meta-analysis with feigned surprise as to why the cleverness of atheists is even questioned?:-)
By Frank Furedi – 16 August 2013
There was a time when religious leaders used the highest authority of all – that of God – to condemn and ostracise those who rejected the faith. In the 21st century, those who wish to denounce religion have adopted the same tactic.
It is not "cleverness" but hard facts as known to date which atheists and almost atheists point out to likes of you!
Dak-Original

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
These are only "loaded questions" because, true to form for most religious followers on this forum, you just don't want to answer questions.
Well put! A dodger's tactics is always noticed here.
Dak-Original

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You do not know how many people are being oppressed in India every day.
Do you know that most part of Kashmir is under curfew for more than ten days?
You in world media do not give a damn about what a country does to its Muslim population.
India has many good qualities, but the media is in control of a few, who try to create bad blood between its people.\
Muslims in India, even Kashmir are far far better off than those in muslim majority nations. Ask Shias of Pakistan, Sunnis of Baluchistan, Shias and Sunnis of Syria & Iraq. Many years ago the used to define all 100% of its population as sunnis but 20% was and is Shia. Riots by Shias some years ago did not make international press in big way as no journalists was allowed to visit that oil rich region...and MUQ you were justifying Saudis' discriminatory treatment of muslims from sub-continent as a natural national thing for them. You are feted as a jihadist but go there and work as n ordinary man. I met a Bangladeshi who had returned from Saudi's Arabia. He related his experiance and told us that most Saudis lived double lives and then they were not true muslims. Why do Saudis frequent Bahrein too often?
Dak-Original

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You do not know how many people are being oppressed in India every day.
Do you know that most part of Kashmir is under curfew for more than ten days?
You in world media do not give a damn about what a country does to its Muslim population.
India has many good qualities, but the media is in control of a few, who try to create bad blood between its people.\
Bad blood is created by the jihadist and their agenda. Pakistan has been the main culprit. Media in India is not controlled and it is most free in the world. Nehru used to be lampooned with cartoons in press in a manner that has not been seen even in liberal democracies. In muslim nations such lampooning would mean incarceration or more likely death.
Is religion the root of all or most evil?
Dak-Original

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Why would it? His actual words are easily checked. His words are forever finished, no more to come, what you choose to add is simply not his.
This one posted item about Hindu beliefs though he defended Islam. His childish "bhaa" etc to divert from argument sums him up. He knows that on Einstein he lost an argument and hence he resorts to distorting tactics.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

How much irreperable brain damage did you suffer in your NDE, blubber?
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m laughing at your blustering attempt to save face after asking yet another loaded question containing yet another totally false assumption. You’re a hoot, bubba!

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>How about "you delusional ignorant atheist trolls are soooooo entertaining"?

There's no thing as an "almost" except in horseshoes and hand grenades, bubba.

Schrodinger's Cat.....get it?
So now there's no such thing as almost, time, and DNA.

You just get crazier by the minute.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. Hindus have a pantheistic belief system with only one diety which they call Brahman. All the other so-called deities are all just different manifestations of Brahman. Christianity teaches that God has only three manifestations--the all male Trinity called Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
<quoted text>
I never asserted or even implied that Einstein, Bose, Bohr, Heisenberg, Schrödinger, Plank,and hundreds of other scientists were not smart. Those are your words, your strawman--not mine.
I have asserted that it is ignorant people who have all the answers but don’t know the questions.
The “smart people” like Einstein, Bose, Bohr, Heisenberg, Schrödinger, Plank and hundreds of other scientists worked on figuring out the questions and then looked for answers. Niels Bohr said “I go into the Upanishads [Vedas] to ask questions.”
<quoted text>
Truth is the point and “treading the path” to higher consciousness is the “path less traveled” to the truth.
I agree that if everyone took the path less traveled, we’d be fine. Unfortunately, everyone isn’t and it looks like we’re all heading into the sixth human extinction event.
I think a 'so-called deity' is still a deity. I mean, all deities are 'so-called' are they not?

Hey bubba ... you the one that said Western scientists "lifted" their ideas from the Hindu Vedic Texts. You continue to assert this. "Lifted" is another way of saying 'stole' in these parts. If you got to 'lift' or 'steal' your ideas from ancient texts, I'd say you might not be quite as 'smart' as you might like some people to believe. The implication being the 'really smart' ones were the Ancients, not modern scientists who had to 'lift' their ideas.

Here ya go with the "sixth human extinction event" again. I'm afraid you're going to have to spell this out for me. What, where and when were the first 5 human extinction events? I presume one of them was 'Noah's Flood'. Let's hear the other four.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
It really chaps your atheist ass that Einstein and ALL the great minds of the 20th century scientific revolution believed in God, doesn't it, bubba?
Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha.......
Simply false. John Von Neuman, Richard Feynman, Edward Teller, Leo Szilard, and Paul Dirac were all atheist or agnostic.

A quote from Paul Dirac:

"“I don’t know why we are talking about religion,”[Dirac] objected.“If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality. The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination. It is quite understandable why primitive people, who were so much more exposed to the overpowering forces of nature than we are today, should have personified these forces in fear and trembling. But nowadays, when we understand so many natural processes, we have no need for such solutions. I can’t for the life of me see how the postulate of an Almighty God helps us in any way."
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

There was that time when Coca Cola tried to change the taste?
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
What, where and when were the first 5 human extinction events? I presume one of them was 'Noah's Flood'. Let's hear the other four.
Dak-Original

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Coca Cola has changed the taste many a times in gradual manner. It was only when they did it significantly in one go that outcry for the original taste emerged.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
A flavor tsunami of unprecedented proportions. Millions (maybe billions) switched to Pepsi.

Okay ... Noah's flood and New Coke. Need 3 more.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Coca Cola has changed the taste many a times in gradual manner. It was only when they did it significantly in one go that outcry for the original taste emerged.
My friend, it's okay to bad mouth the Jihadists, the Christians and the Jews but when you start knocking Coke, I fear for your life.

I had a $5 'original Coke formula' bottle smuggled in from Mexico here-while-back. Presumably sporting extracts from the plant that lent the drink it's name. Seemed a touch too sweet, otherwise I couldn't tell any difference. Of course, I ended up hitting the Disco's and dancing all night, which was a bit unusual, even for me.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I think a 'so-called deity' is still a deity. I mean, all deities are 'so-called' are they not?
Hindus believe God, i.e. Brahman, is the impersonal omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent spirit in every particle of everything in the universe and that this spirit manifests itself personally in millions/billions of different forms/images in human consciousness. IOW, Shiva, Rama, Krishna, etc. are all just different manifestations of God, i.e. Brahman. Quakers, Transcendentalists, Religious Scientists, etc. believe in a personal God who manifests himself differently to every human. Christians believe God has three manifestations, i.e. Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bubba ... you the one that said Western scientists "lifted" their ideas from the Hindu Vedic Texts. You continue to assert this. "Lifted" is another way of saying 'stole' in these parts. If you got to 'lift' or 'steal' your ideas from ancient texts, I'd say you might not be quite as 'smart' as you might like some people to believe. The implication being the 'really smart' ones were the Ancients, not modern scientists who had to 'lift' their ideas.
Again, your words, your strawmen--not mine, bubba.

The knowledge obtained from the Akashic Record and written in the Vedic texts is free to all so no one who makes use of it can possibly be described as a “thief”.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go with the "sixth human extinction event" again. I'm afraid you're going to have to spell this out for me. What, where and when were the first 5 human extinction events? I presume one of them was 'Noah's Flood'. Let's hear the other four.
Human extinction events are posited as the explanation for genetic “bottlenecks” recorded in our DNA and mtDNA, i.e. where the human gene pool indicates only very few contributors. Five different “bottlenecks” have occurred so far indicating five different extinction events for humans in the past.

Here's the current CO2 levels and temperatures recorded in the Anartica ice core samples. Compare them to the different historical CO2 levels and temperatures tracking back 400,000 years:

http://www.daviesand.com/Choices/Precautionar...

The Earth’s current COs levels are unprecedented. According to the data, the earth’s temperatures should have begun plummeting over a hundred years ago. They haven’t. The big question is why not?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply false. John Von Neuman, Richard Feynman, Edward Teller, Leo Szilard, and Paul Dirac were all atheist or agnostic.
A quote from Paul Dirac:
"“I don’t know why we are talking about religion,”[Dirac] objected.“If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality. The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination. It is quite understandable why primitive people, who were so much more exposed to the overpowering forces of nature than we are today, should have personified these forces in fear and trembling. But nowadays, when we understand so many natural processes, we have no need for such solutions. I can’t for the life of me see how the postulate of an Almighty God helps us in any way."
Citing a handful of atheists who are not considered founders of either quantum physics or the 20th century scientific revolution compared to the hundreds of "godbots" who actually were is hardly a valid rebuttal.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hindus believe God, i.e. Brahman, is the impersonal omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent spirit in every particle of everything in the universe and that this spirit manifests itself personally in millions/billions of different forms/images in human consciousness. IOW, Shiva, Rama, Krishna, etc. are all just different manifestations of God, i.e. Brahman. Quakers, Transcendentalists, Religious Scientists, etc. believe in a personal God who manifests himself differently to every human. Christians believe God has three manifestations, i.e. Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
<quoted text>
The knowledge obtained from the Akashic Record and written in the Vedic texts is free to all so no one who makes use of it can possibly be described as a “thief”.
<quoted text>
Human extinction events are posited as the explanation for genetic “bottlenecks” recorded in our DNA and mtDNA, i.e. where the human gene pool indicates only very few contributors. Five different “bottlenecks” have occurred so far indicating five different extinction events for humans in the past.
Here's the current CO2 levels and temperatures recorded in the Anartica ice core samples. Compare them to the different historical CO2 levels and temperatures tracking back 400,000 years:
The Earth’s current COs levels are unprecedented. According to the data, the earth’s temperatures should have begun plummeting over a hundred years ago. They haven’t. The big question is why not?
Scientific errors in Qu'ran
The sun moves, the earth is still.
Hast thou not Turned thy vision to one who disputed with Abraham About his Lord, because Allah had granted him power? Abraham said: "My Lord is He Who Giveth life and death." He said: "I give life and death". Said Abraham: "But it is Allah that causeth the sun to rise from the east: Do thou then cause him to rise from the West." Thus was he confounded who (in arrogance) rejected faith. Nor doth Allah Give guidance to a people unjust.
Qur'an 2:258

The shadow moves because of the sun's movement, not the earth's movement.
Hast thou not turned thy vision to thy Lord?- How He doth prolong the shadow! If He willed, He could make it stationary! then do We make the sun its guide;
Qur'an 25:45

Everything in the universe goes around us.
And He has made subservient to you whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth, all, from Himself; most surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect.
Qur'an 45:13

The stars are small enough to drop on us.
And when the stars fall
Qur'an 81:2

Stars or planets rising and setting?
The stars which rise and set
Qur'an 81:16

This verse clearly implies the sun goes around the earth.
It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor doth the night outstrip the day. They float in an orbit.
Qur'an 36:40

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Citing a handful of atheists who are not considered founders of either quantum physics or the 20th century scientific revolution compared to the hundreds of "godbots" who actually were is hardly a valid rebuttal.
Actually, all the ones I gave *were* involved in the quantum revolution and *are* founders of QM. In particular, Dirac gave the equation that merges special relativity and quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of anti-matter. Feynman was instrumental in the development of quantum electrodynamics. Szliard was the one who convinced Einstein to write the letter concerning the atomic bomb and was deeply involved in the theoretical aspects of fission and fusion. Von Neuman gave much of the mathematical foundation for quantum mechanics and was the person who thought up the stored program computer.

So you were simply wrong when you said that *all* of the main founders of the quantum revolution were believers in God. Many were, but many were not. And none were of a fundamentalist persuasion.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Okay, that's all well and good. I should point out that rising CO2 levels DECREASE the amount of Infra-red (heat) energy re-radiated back into space, thus INCREASING surface temperatures. It acts as a "green house" gas, trapping heat that would have otherwise been lost, ergo "Global Warming" .. temperatures rising. This is the second time you have seemed to be expecting a new Ice Age because of rising CO2 levels. This reflects a fundamental lack of understanding the concepts involved which, I am sorry to say, can logically be extended to other, far more complex concepts in which you apparently place a great deal of faith.

Please don't take this the wrong way ... but ... I think you would do well to review a few things. In any case, it's been interesting and informative and I will have to go over some of this Vedic stuff in relation to 20th Century scientific thought. Ultimately, whether it was humans back then, or humans in more recent times that made these concepts real doesn't matter. At least you are not claiming some kind of divine intervention. It's Humans all the way Bubba and that's what matters.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 13,541 - 13,560 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 32 min bmz 198,787
Pagan High Priest Claims Discrimination by City... 5 hr Jumper The wise 15
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe 8 hr a person 83
Cosmic ordering (Nov '09) 14 hr bren 3
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Jul 9 CShine 90
Ouija Board... SCARY STUFF! NEED HELP! (Aug '07) Jul 9 CShine 1,015
Need Help - Shadow Person Protector or Harmful? (May '09) Jul 9 Shawn 9
•••
•••