Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Thinking

Royston, UK

#13965 Aug 9, 2013
Including the ism "isLAm"
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think all "isms" will die out?
I guess you finally realize that theism will die out.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#13966 Aug 9, 2013
mark

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#13967 Aug 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Wikipedia stub on atheism, there are dozens of different definitions for atheism and hardly any agreement among atheists themselves on a single definition of atheism. YOUR definition of atheism is YOUR definition, but apparently there is no such thing as one-size-fits-all kind of definition for atheists.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism
Get it, bubba?
Just prove your god, there's a good liar.

Location hidden

#13968 Aug 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL "Huge gaps"? Those are your words, your strawman---not mine, bubba.
There is no such thing as one-size-fits-all kind of definition for atheists any more than there's one-size-fits-all kind of definition for theists.
If you still don't "get it" you might try actually reading more than just the first paragraph of the stub on the subject.....
When you become brave enough the prove your god, your opinions might matter more.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#13969 Aug 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree....on all points.
Come on, zit... you can't out-stupid MUQ by agreeing with him, you've actually got to try and post something even more inane than the moronic drivel he posts! Good luck with that

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#13970 Aug 9, 2013
Now THIS is how one does "stupid"! Bravo MUQ!(are you taking notes, Zit?)
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not at all a definition, just a bunch of "catch words" Each one of that needs further explanation.
People do not even know what is Atheism....there are millions of shades of Atheism, in fact every Atheist has his or her own particular religion.
Like shifting sand, they have no belief, they unite only one point, there is no God and there is no religion.
And both of these are "negative traits", not a Positive definition at all.
So Atheists are basically a people with "Negative mentality"?
How is THAT for a definition of Atheism?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13971 Aug 9, 2013
First you post that the dictionary definition of "atheist" didn't really describe what you believe and you chose not to label yourself:

Post #13776

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
By definition I have to label myself an atheist because I don't believe in a deity. Since I don't claim to know for certain that there isn't a "god" then I've been told I am agnostic. I simply, really choose not to label myself at all.

Then you attack other posters for asserting that the dictionary definition of "atheist" doesn't really describe what individual atheists believe:

Post #13963
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL... alright then... If that's what you really wanna believe lmao. lol... I can't stop laughing at this lol... You are seriously fighting about a definition that can be found in the Merriam-Webster dictionary lol!
Besides demonstrating that you're just another garden variety hypocrite, you're also a BAD ATHEIST per the Urban Dictionary definition # 5

Atheist

A person who believes in the absence of any supreme being or anything regarding the supernatural...There are 2 kinds

GOOD ATHEIST: A person who has read and studied thoroughly the concepts of science and religion. He/She has come to the conclusion that there is no supreme being and therefore does not believe in any god or gods. In spite of this however they are open to the concept and enjoy having mature, intellectual debates on the issue without being critical or condescending.

BAD ATHIEST: A self-involved, egotistical jackass who does not believe in a supreme being not because what they have read or studied but usually because they hate religion or religious people. They usually go out of there way to make religious people feel bad and accuse them of being close-minded while they, themselves, will not listen to any other arguments but there own. They are impossible to try to reason with because they are usually self-centered, condescending,unscientific, and downright immature. Their arguments are usually full of anti-religious cliches and therefore easy to break apart.

Religious Person: I believe in God
Good Atheist: Really? that's interesting. I don't personally but I'd love to sit down with you and discuss the issue sometime

Religious Person: I belive in God
Bad Atheist: WHAT!!!?!? You belive in God?....hahahahaha I don't believe in God I have absolute faith in science because it's completley accurate and irrefutable
:

United States of America

#13972 Aug 9, 2013
TerryL wrote:
Now THIS is how one does "stupid"! Bravo MUQ!(are you taking notes, Zit?)
<quoted text>
Your post is typical of how one does "BAD ATHEIST", bubba:

Atheist

A person who believes in the absence of any supreme being or anything regarding the supernatural...There are 2 kinds

GOOD ATHEIST: A person who has read and studied thoroughly the concepts of science and religion. He/She has come to the conclusion that there is no supreme being and therefore does not believe in any god or gods. In spite of this however they are open to the concept and enjoy having mature, intellectual debates on the issue without being critical or condescending.

BAD ATHIEST: A self-involved, egotistical jackass who does not believe in a supreme being not because what they have read or studied but usually because they hate religion or religious people. They usually go out of there way to make religious people feel bad and accuse them of being close-minded while they, themselves, will not listen to any other arguments but there own. They are impossible to try to reason with because they are usually self-centered, condescending,unscientific, and downright immature. Their arguments are usually full of anti-religious cliches and therefore easy to break apart.

Examples:

Good Atheist: Really? that's interesting. I don't personally but I'd love to sit down with you and discuss the issue sometime

Bad Atheist: WHAT!!!?!? You belive in God?....hahahahaha I don't believe in God I have absolute faith in science because it's completley accurate and irrefutable

United States of America

#13973 Aug 9, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Just prove your god, there's a good liar.
Whitehead already did that decades ago, bubba.

Didn't you get the memo?

United States of America

#13974 Aug 9, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you become brave enough the prove your god, your opinions might matter more.
When you become proficient enough in physics and mathematics to refute causality or Whitehead's Theory of Actual Occasion, pigs will have already grown wings and learned to fly, bubba

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13975 Aug 9, 2013
Link to your good atheist bad atheist examples.

Or as usual did you just make it up?
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is typical of how one does "BAD ATHEIST", bubba:

Atheist

Examples:

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13976 Aug 9, 2013
When you become proficient enough to demonstrate proper understanding of physics and mathematics you can make such statements. Until then you are just braying.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>When you become proficient enough in physics and mathematics to refute causality or Whitehead's Theory of Actual Occasion, pigs will have already grown wings and learned to fly, bubba

Location hidden

#13977 Aug 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Whitehead already did that decades ago, bubba.
Didn't you get the memo?
Face up to the fact that you're a liar with no evidence and no atheist here takes you seriously for this obvious reason.

Take your hateful religious cult out of this forum and f*ck off back to your stupid cave, you ignorant piece of sh*t. And while you're at it, correct the line in your rag bible which says that atheists are fools you judgmental hallucination projecting egotists.

United States of America

#13978 Aug 9, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Face up to the fact that you're a liar with no evidence and no atheist here takes you seriously for this obvious reason.
Take your hateful religious cult out of this forum and f*ck off back to your stupid cave, you ignorant piece of sh*t. And while you're at it, correct the line in your rag bible which says that atheists are fools you judgmental hallucination projecting egotists.
This thread is the Israel forum, bubba.

Bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaha.....

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13979 Aug 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is the Israel forum, bubba.
Bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaha.....
It shows up in the Atheist forum as well

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13980 Aug 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
When you become proficient enough in physics and mathematics to refute causality or Whitehead's Theory of Actual Occasion, pigs will have already grown wings and learned to fly, bubba
Quantum Mechanics, which was unknown when Whitehead was writing, has refuted causality quite well. Whitehead, although he did some good work with Russell, had a metaphysics that was simply silly.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13982 Aug 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>According to the Wikipedia stub on atheism, there are dozens of different definitions for atheism and hardly any agreement among atheists themselves on a single definition of atheism. YOUR definition of atheism is YOUR definition, but apparently there is no such thing as one-size-fits-all kind of definition for atheists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

Get it, bubba?
And what do all the explanations of atheism agree on?
The lack of belief in a deity.

Congrats, you win the award for dumbest person alive...again.

Montreal

#13983 Aug 9, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7]

These are the same definitions... I'm not sure where you are finding the huge gaps in meaning. "Rejection of belief in a deity"-- "The position that there are no deities"-- "The absence of a belief that any deities exist".????????
It's Zit, she's the dumbest of them all.

Montreal

#13984 Aug 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>First you post that the dictionary definition of "atheist" didn't really describe what you believe and you chose not to label yourself:

Post #13776

Then you attack other posters for asserting that the dictionary definition of "atheist" doesn't really describe what individual atheists believe:

Post #13963

I_see_you wrote, "<quoted text>
LOL... alright then... If that's what you really wanna believe lmao. lol... I can't stop laughing at this lol... You are seriously fighting about a definition that can be found in the Merriam-Webster dictionary lol! "

Besides demonstrating that you're just another garden variety hypocrite, you're also a BAD ATHEIST per the Urban Dictionary definition # 5

Atheist

:
The there's Zit sitting with anyone:
Zit: I never take a stance on pedophilia, but take a stance on everything else, showing my approval. I also believe time doesn't exist and that atheists don't exist.
Everyone else: Wow, I can't believe someone can be so stupid.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13985 Aug 10, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
First you post that the dictionary definition of "atheist" didn't really describe what you believe and you chose not to label yourself:
Post #13776
<quoted text>
Post #13963
<quoted text>
Atheist
:
O.k... now I can officially say that I agree with everyone else who has called you ignorant. What I believe, or how I label myself has nothing to do with the fact that you can look up the definition of Atheism, or Atheist in the Merriam-Webster dictionary and find absolutely one definition... not many lol.

Secondly... Since you know exactly what I have posted then you should obviously remember me distinctly saying that I don't label myself, so how could I be a bad Atheist???

Are you labeling me? I'm feeling labeled. Guys/Gals.. He's labeling me!

It'll be o.k.(comforting tone) When you learn to read you'll finally understand all of the big definitions in that big ole Merriam-Webster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 hr MUQ2 256,360
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan 14 Einstein Nukes 16
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Dec 29 Sugar plum 50
News Who the Crusaders Are in 2016 Dec 28 Playa 7
confusion 3 Dec 26 taylor810 1
confusion Dec 26 taylor810 2
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 26 Eagle 12 4,912
More from around the web