Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13727 Jul 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you coming up with this "time machine" stuff. I've never claimed anything about Time Machines. Such a device would violate the Laws of Causality ... clearly impossible. Now the time dilation effects experienced by my relativistic, multi-generational starship might be considered a 'time machine' of sorts but that is clearly not it's purpose. Besides, Causality is not violated.
We blame the current human load and those who came before us! That's simple enough. Most of whom, I needn't point out, are/were self-confessed 'Godbots' of one sort or another. Still waiting for that apology! Y'all have made quite a mess of things. Time to step down.
It goes like this....you're either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Your belief that science will somehow "rapture" you to the safety of another planet to avoid the consequences of what our species has done to this one sounds a lot like the same kind of faith fundamentalists have in their mythology.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13728 Jul 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
It becomes less and less likely with each measurement, each longer exposure (such as the Hubble Ultra-deep-field), each atom smashed or genome sequenced. The "Most Powerful Being in the Universe" has become vanishingly tiny or really good at hiding. I think it's time to start ruling the Old Boy out.
It could be "proven" that some "benefit" might be derived from sucking one's thumb, dragging a Security Blanket around, waving a Talisman, hanging garlic or throwing salt over your shoulder. Depends on what you call 'proof' and what you call 'benefit'.
"old boy" = white bearded GOD in culture specific manner. GOD may be something which we have not figured out and I believe that even after revealing far more secrets of nature, we will never reveal all before we, humans, perish as specis.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13732 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked for sources--I gave you the link to the sources.
It is well documented and indisputable that atheism was the official doctrine of the Soviet Union, bubba.
He explained it very clearly, why it was not atheism that was the actual cause. Also, I would say that one document from wikipedia is not exactly "well documented".

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13733 Jul 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry ... I don't speak 'Blonde'.
Hey I'm blonde!!!:P

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13734 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It goes like this....you're either part of the solution or part of the problem.
Your belief that science will somehow "rapture" you to the safety of another planet to avoid the consequences of what our species has done to this one sounds a lot like the same kind of faith fundamentalists have in their mythology.
Why do you hate little girls?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13735 Jul 27, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
He explained it very clearly, why it was not atheism that was the actual cause. Also, I would say that one document from wikipedia is not exactly "well documented".
He expressed his opinion, an unsupported opinion so contradicted by actual historical evidence of atrocities committed by atheist regimes it bordered on delusional, buuba.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13736 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
He expressed his opinion, an unsupported opinion so contradicted by actual historical evidence of atrocities committed by atheist regimes it bordered on delusional, buuba.
I'm not a bubba...I'm a bubbette, and it's not delusional to understand that the killings that you are speaking of, in all non-delusional mind frames, were not due to atheism. This was not a good source of information for you to post.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13737 Jul 27, 2013
This very second a Muslim is committing an atrocity against humanity. This very second a Muslim is whipping a wan bloody or beheading a child or strapping on a bomb to blow themselves up.

If you are against human atrocities you simply cannot be a Muslim, bubba.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>He expressed his opinion, an unsupported opinion so contradicted by actual historical evidence of atrocities committed by atheist regimes it bordered on delusional, buuba.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13738 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
He expressed his opinion, an unsupported opinion so contradicted by actual historical evidence of atrocities committed by atheist regimes it bordered on delusional, buuba.
Also I find it amusing, because, even if this actually was due to Atheism, it is nothing compared to the mass murdering your kind, loving,(imaginary) "god" supposedly committed in your bible. If your "god" is that crazy, then it's amazing to me that your appalled by some of the insane actions of humans.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13739 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
He expressed his opinion, an unsupported opinion so contradicted by actual historical evidence of atrocities committed by atheist regimes it bordered on delusional, buuba.
Why do you hate little girls?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13740 Jul 27, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a bubba...I'm a bubbette, and it's not delusional to understand that the killings that you are speaking of, in all non-delusional mind frames, were not due to atheism. This was not a good source of information for you to post.
Water's wet, sky's blue, and atheist regimes murdered hundreds of million men, women, and children just in the 20th century.

The truth will set you free.....

State atheism is the official promotion of atheism by a government, sometimes combined with active suppression of religious freedom and practice. In contrast, a secular state purports to be officially neutral in matters of religion, supporting neither religion nor irreligion. State atheism may refer to a government's anti-clericalism, which opposes religious institutional power and influence in all aspects of public and political life, including the involvement of religion in the everyday life of the citizen.

State promotion of atheism as a public norm was first practiced during a brief period in Revolutionary France. Since then, such a policy was repeated only in Revolutionary Mexico and some Marxist-Leninist states. The Soviet Union had a long history of state atheism, in which social success largely required individuals to profess atheism and stay away from houses of worship; this attitude was especially militant during the middle Stalinist era from 1929–1939. The Soviet Union attempted to suppress public religious expression over wide areas of its influence, including places such as central Asia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_atheism

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13741 Jul 27, 2013
Because she herself was a child bride.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you hate little girls?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13742 Jul 27, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Also I find it amusing, because, even if this actually was due to Atheism, it is nothing compared to the mass murdering your kind, loving,(imaginary) "god" supposedly committed in your bible. If your "god" is that crazy, then it's amazing to me that your appalled by some of the insane actions of humans.


I find it amusing that you ignorant atheists always assume everybody believes in YOUR ridiculous conception of God, or should I say the conception of God you borrowed from your guru Dawkins?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13743 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Water's wet, sky's blue, and atheist regimes murdered hundreds of million men, women, and children just in the 20th century.
The truth will set you free.....
State atheism is the official promotion of atheism by a government, sometimes combined with active suppression of religious freedom and practice. In contrast, a secular state purports to be officially neutral in matters of religion, supporting neither religion nor irreligion. State atheism may refer to a government's anti-clericalism, which opposes religious institutional power and influence in all aspects of public and political life, including the involvement of religion in the everyday life of the citizen.

State promotion of atheism as a public norm was first practiced during a brief period in Revolutionary France. Since then, such a policy was repeated only in Revolutionary Mexico and some Marxist-Leninist states. The Soviet Union had a long history of state atheism, in which social success largely required individuals to profess atheism and stay away from houses of worship; this attitude was especially militant during the middle Stalinist era from 1929–1939. The Soviet Union attempted to suppress public religious expression over wide areas of its influence, including places such as central Asia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_atheism
Aside from all of that...all I have to say is... Religion has no place in politics... I see no reason why a person should not be allowed there own beliefs, but when you are working with, and in, the public then you are working with many different people, with many different beliefs, and one out of many should not be dominant. I see no reason why that is not fair or logical. That was the hope for the founders of this country, and it should continue to be.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13744 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it amusing that you ignorant atheists always assume everybody believes in YOUR ridiculous conception of God, or should I say the conception of God you borrowed from your guru Dawkins?
lol...well this "ignorant atheist" knows exactly what she read about when she was a christian so it's not my "conception" of "god"...it's what I learned while following. God is printed in black and white so there is no doubt what kind of "being" he is. Whether you like it or not. I know exactly how you see your "god" and you can obviously see him however you so choose, but don't call me ignorant when you come on here to rant because someone doesn't agree with you. You've got all kinds of buddies on the christian forum...go visit them.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13745 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it amusing that you ignorant atheists always assume everybody believes in YOUR ridiculous conception of God, or should I say the conception of God you borrowed from your guru Dawkins?
Religion has no place in politics... I see no reason why a person should not be allowed there own beliefs, but when you are working with, and in, the public then you are working with many different people, with many different beliefs, and one out of many should not be dominant. I see no reason why that is not fair or logical. That was the hope for the founders of this country, and it should continue to be.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13746 Jul 27, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the replacement parts needn't be hardware, they could be new and improved biometrics with new and improved DNA. Even your testicles could be replaced .... nuff said?
I would think growing replacement organs from a patient's own stem cells is where we are headed next. No worries about tissue rejection. Our immune systems don't embrace "new and improved DNA".

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13747 Jul 27, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It goes like this....you're either part of the solution or part of the problem.
Your belief that science will somehow "rapture" you to the safety of another planet to avoid the consequences of what our species has done to this one sounds a lot like the same kind of faith fundamentalists have in their mythology.
Not sure how you got the impression anything I was talking about was about me. I'm talking about the future. Our progeny. The one's that are going to have to clean up your mess.

There's a lot of similarities between my trust in science and your faith in Sky Fairies. For instance, scientists are like my High Priests. There is no god-head.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13748 Jul 27, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
"old boy" = white bearded GOD in culture specific manner. GOD may be something which we have not figured out and I believe that even after revealing far more secrets of nature, we will never reveal all before we, humans, perish as specis.
You're one of those "The glass is half empty" kind of guys. Aren't you?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13749 Jul 27, 2013
Sasha Cohen wrote:
<quoted text>Then we are equal, I don't speak idiot.......
We are indeed equal! "Blonde" and "idiot" being virtually interchangeable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 9 min emperorjohn 4,944
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 4 hr yehoshooah adam 256,487
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb 10 Susan 17
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Feb 7 Kcreoke 2
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Feb 3 Nona 116
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Jan 30 lee77 117
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan 26 Rabbeen Al Jihad 20
More from around the web