Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
13,081 - 13,100 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove there is a next world. I'll wait ....
Wait and wait till you breath the last....and then you WISH, why I was so dumb!!

Way gamble with your life? Is the gamble worth it?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait and wait till you breath the last....and then you WISH, why I was so dumb!!
What gamble? You mean the same one that you are taking ... you die and discover the real God is Horus? That gamble?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Please ... there's no need to insult me.
:( Why is that insulting? I've been told that I was an agnostic before. Why do you think that is bad?

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, is it worth it?
Because if you're wrong, you will have wasted your entire life, the only life you have, worshipping your religion.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
:( Why is that insulting? I've been told that I was an agnostic before. Why do you think that is bad?
Just kidding really. I'm trying to be a 'good Atheist' and was voicing a negative opinion regarding 'fence-sitting Agnostics' earlier on. Oogah is just mess'n with my head.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Just kidding really. I'm trying to be a 'good Atheist' and was voicing a negative opinion regarding 'fence-sitting Agnostics' earlier on. Oogah is just mess'n with my head.
Oh good :) I got my feelins hurt for a second :p Is that was agnostics are called "fence sitters"? I don't wanna be a fence sitter...I just wanna be a truth teller :)

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good :) I got my feelins hurt for a second :p Is that was agnostics are called "fence sitters"? I don't wanna be a fence sitter...I just wanna be a truth teller :)
Since nobody can really 'prove' anything (about God), some Agnostics speak as if this levels the field between god and no-god, making their philosophy the 'true' winner. This is simply not the case. We've got gobs of scientific observations under our belt and ... no god. Science is not, of course, really designed to find gods, but you would think that somewhere between neutrinos and super-massive Black Holes we would have spotted a few god droppings by now. Rather than being 'level', it's more like 99.99999% no god, 0.00001% maybe. Atheist's, I feel, can be quit confident in their assertions. Somebody or something MUST balance the over-zealous godbot's, whose 'faith' seems boundless, if we are ever to tip the scales of opinion towards reason. That unhappy task has fallen upon the hapless Atheist and even then, on one's brave enough to take a stand.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Medical science has progressed to the point that many of us have already breathed our last, and then have been brought back form the dead.

I am among those who have died, and been "re-born" through no acts of any gods and I can tell you truthfully, that there is nothing there, no light at the end of a tunnel, no gods, no demons, no afterlife, no rewards, no punishments.

But all of mankind already knows that, the gods are simply used against the stupid and gullible, we are no more than any other living thing, we all will die. It is how all species unknowingly make room for the next of their kind.

As for hedging your bets with becoming one with insanity, is even one life not respected, not valued, worth your own self esteem?

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

What would "god droppings" look like? If there were an all-powerful creator being flitting about the Universe, I'm sure we would see A LOT of tracks. Star systems or even entire galaxy clusters, popping in and out of existence depending upon the Creator Being's mood. Orbits changing and physical constants (like gravity or the-speed-of-light) varying all over the place might give the old boy a few chuckles. You know he's got to be getting bored. Closer to home, you would expect to see little 'nasties' like HIV or the Ebola virus disappear when Creator Being's little playthings (us) have suffered enough. How about some tornadoes that actually swerve to MISS churches and trailer parks. We're getting close to ruining this planet ... how about a new Earth, Pop's, in a stable orbit somewhere in the 'Habitable Zone'? Can you lose the mosquitoes while your at it? Thanks. How about conjuring one up for say ... tomorrow night! That would get this old Atheist a'pray'n, let me tell you!

Yeah. If there was a God, we'd be wiping his scat off our feet all the time. Being 'all powerful' and staying invisible? What's the point of that?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Did you forget your fellow Muslims routinely blow themselves up Muq?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Wait and wait till you breath the last....and then you WISH, why I was so dumb!!

Dak-Original

Slough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ has been told the truth about evolution of species and yet he continues with his "belief" book claims. MUQ is then taking a gamble since I believe that real GOD will not be pleased with likes of MUQ! I do not know what punishment real GOD would use.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
What gamble? You mean the same one that you are taking ... you die and discover the real God is Horus? That gamble?
Good point! This jihadi just refuses to be logical while is fond of using that word on other Pakistan forum re "profaning" !
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, is it worth it?
Because if you're wrong, you will have wasted your entire life, the only life you have, worshipping your religion.
Actually it is more than his own life since this one is not only worshipping (that could be beneficial mentally)but is a 100% jihadi who propagates his faith amongst poor semi-literates of India. His posts also justify violence by muslim to "protect" their faith. We all know that offence and defence are easily interchangeable matters!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Messenger wrote:
You'll find me when you seek me with your whole heart.
God
You find god when you get depressed and self-righteous. Then you lie to yourself and others about him being real.

its called the mental illness of faith.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is also a belief but I find 995 of atheist very truthful and logical lot. However, one cannot shut the door on GOD since we do not know meaning of it all! However, then GOD need not present cultures or man invented religions and it can be a concept representing all we do not know and representing the mystery of physical matter and non-matter, laws governing physics at all levels (I believe there are far more levels than we have discovered so far), living organisms and their striving for existence as individual and specis , etc.

However, human cultures have believed in GOD or similar things while human brain was evolving and hence "belief" is important to humans. It does not imply that "belief matters" are truth or facts.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Since nobody can really 'prove' anything (about God), some Agnostics speak as if this levels the field between god and no-god, making their philosophy the 'true' winner. This is simply not the case. We've got gobs of scientific observations under our belt and ... no god. Science is not, of course, really designed to find gods, but you would think that somewhere between neutrinos and super-massive Black Holes we would have spotted a few god droppings by now. Rather than being 'level', it's more like 99.99999% no god, 0.00001% maybe. Atheist's, I feel, can be quit confident in their assertions. Somebody or something MUST balance the over-zealous godbot's, whose 'faith' seems boundless, if we are ever to tip the scales of opinion towards reason. That unhappy task has fallen upon the hapless Atheist and even then, on one's brave enough to take a stand.
Could it be that GOD has not the type of quality we mere humans can ever imagine. Who/what/etc put all universe/s together? We have to be humble that we are still probing. What you are referring is, perhaps, heaven in skies as found in some religions. You are then right if you say that all religions have been proved wrong by human discoveries so far.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
Could it be that GOD has not the type of quality we mere humans can ever imagine. Who/what/etc put all universe/s together? We have to be humble that we are still probing. What you are referring is, perhaps, heaven in skies as found in some religions. You are then right if you say that all religions have been proved wrong by human discoveries so far.
That's the problem. It 'could be' anything we imagine and we can imagine a lot. We have a very effective process (the Scientific Method) that helps us differentiate what is 'real' and what is mere imagination. There's no reason to say things like 'God is stranger than we can ever imagine'. The further any creature lives outside of our imagination, the less likely it exists.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
What would "god droppings" look like? If there were an all-powerful creator being flitting about the Universe, I'm sure we would see A LOT of tracks. Star systems or even entire galaxy clusters, popping in and out of existence depending upon the Creator Being's mood. Orbits changing and physical constants (like gravity or the-speed-of-light) varying all over the place might give the old boy a few chuckles. You know he's got to be getting bored. Closer to home, you would expect to see little 'nasties' like HIV or the Ebola virus disappear when Creator Being's little playthings (us) have suffered enough. How about some tornadoes that actually swerve to MISS churches and trailer parks. We're getting close to ruining this planet ... how about a new Earth, Pop's, in a stable orbit somewhere in the 'Habitable Zone'? Can you lose the mosquitoes while your at it? Thanks. How about conjuring one up for say ... tomorrow night! That would get this old Atheist a'pray'n, let me tell you!

Yeah. If there was a God, we'd be wiping his scat off our feet all the time. Being 'all powerful' and staying invisible? What's the point of that?
They look like religious nuts like MUQ.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
They look like religious nuts like MUQ.
Holy s!ht?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
@RHill .... now see what you started? Bite me, bud!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 5 min Kareem O Wheat 200,151
The Coming Christian Revolt 2 hr Wondering 286
dead animals in 2's 5 hr Sarah 1
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) 23 hr reldeenk 8
Monday Night Murder Mystery: Cursed in the Act:... Jul 28 Jumper The wise 1
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Jul 22 selatla 105
Pagan ritual bid to find Brighton and Hove lott... (Nov '13) Jul 20 abukar 3
•••
•••