Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#13327 Jul 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
In addition whatever wealth goes to charity after death, doesn't Islamic law call for all living Muslims to give a percentage of their money to help feed, clothe, and shelter the poor?
In the US, the Salvation Army and the Catholics operate homeless shelters, soup kitchens, and free rehab facilities in every major city in the US. Both are funded by private donations and sales from their thrift shops. They both do a great job here.
Brother my answer was Rhetoric in nature.

Sometimes you have to use the same language.

Thanks for your clarifications.

Salaam

MUQ
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#13328 Jul 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The Saudi royalty gives only the slightest percentage of funding to charities. They spend more on hookers in their brothels than they do on the needy.
This shows the ultimate hypocrisy in Islam because the Saudi royals and their favorite imams are allowed unlimited sexual deviation with women they are not married to. They even fly in women from all over the world paying them $500,000 a month for their sexual services. Yet all Muslims consider them to be clean holy people blessed by Muhammad!
Lol!
<quoted text>
How do you "know" they do not spend on charity?

What is your "Personal experience" on this issue?

They do not brandish their charity for show off as your Billionaires do many time.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13329 Jul 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Brother my answer was Rhetoric in nature.
Sometimes you have to use the same language.
Thanks for your clarifications.
Salaam
MUQ
Why does your religion abuse, rape and murder little girls?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13330 Jul 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you "know" they do not spend on charity?
They do not brandish their charity for show off as your Billionaires do many time.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13331 Jul 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
In addition whatever wealth goes to charity after death, doesn't Islamic law call for all living Muslims to give a percentage of their money to help feed, clothe, and shelter the poor?
In the US, the Salvation Army and the Catholics operate homeless shelters, soup kitchens, and free rehab facilities in every major city in the US. Both are funded by private donations and sales from their thrift shops. They both do a great job here.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13332 Jul 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Genetic tests indicates that 90% of todays Jews, i.e. the Ashkenazi, never had any ancestors who "wandered" around the Middle East, therefore Ashkenazi Jews can not possibly be the blood descendants of Abraham nor do they have any ancestral ties to any country in the ME, including Palestine.
90% of Ashkenazi Jews? Or do you mean 90% of their DNA? However, I have not seen any evidence of the sort but then the same would apply even to most Arab genes, too. Cultural matters are not always related to the DNA. Why not think before you post?
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13333 Jul 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is just another man-made religion which is based on FAITH in a set of beliefs. You atheists have absolutely enormous faith that your mental constructs of reality actually represent objective reality despite all evidence to the contrary.
Atheism cannot be termed a "religion" but like religion it is a belief. However it is the best of all beliefs in that the believers tell no lies (or the least lies)!
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13334 Jul 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it backassward, bubba.
Its the lying, thieving, murdering atheist Ashkenazi Jews who are claiming they are the descendants of Abraham and "oh so special".
All religions are man created but when facts expose this they get rattled. However, Islam accepts Jews as "people of book" and hence better than kaffurs. Most Jews I meet do not boast about this "chosen people" but most muslims do boast that "their book is the only truth as it is from GOD" despite the now proven fact of the evolution of specis.
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13335 Jul 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Because the two definitions are both your definitions, bubba.
This response exposes this poster as a "white coat" case! Where is the logic in this brainwashed blind follower?
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13336 Jul 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
100 % of their wealth goes to "charity" when they die!!
Not a single Riyal goes with them to the grave!!
What about those Billionaires in your country, that do not give to the charity? You hang them?
Are you now arguing for the sake of it? LOL! OH! MUQ HELPER!

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13337 Jul 16, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>All religions are man created but when facts expose this they get rattled. However, Islam accepts Jews as "people of book" and hence better than kaffurs. Most Jews I meet do not boast about this "chosen people" but most muslims do boast that "their book is the only truth as it is from GOD" despite the now proven fact of the evolution of specis.
FYI, Zit doesn't believe in facts.
Zit doesn't believe in evolution, even though its existence is a fact.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13338 Jul 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
Ramanujan had NO education in mathematics or anything else, formal or otherwise, and no access to any books about mathematics or anything else. He clearly stated his mathematical knowledge came from dreams/visions which he credited to a Hindu goddess named Namagiri.
It is simply false that Ramanujan had 'no education' and had 'no access to books'.

From the Wikipedia article:
"By age 11, he had exhausted the mathematical knowledge of two college students who were lodgers at his home. He was later lent a book on advanced trigonometry written by S. L. Loney.[5][22] He completely mastered this book by the age of 13 and discovered sophisticated theorems on his own. By 14, he was receiving merit certificates and academic awards which continued throughout his school career and also assisted the school in the logistics of assigning its 1200 students (each with their own needs) to its 35-odd teachers.[23] He completed mathematical exams in half the allotted time, and showed a familiarity with geometry and infinite series. Ramanujan was shown how to solve cubic equations in 1902 and he went on to find his own method to solve the quartic. The following year, not knowing that the quintic could not be solved by radicals, he tried (and of course failed) to solve the quintic. In 1903 when he was 16, Ramanujan obtained from a friend a library-loaned copy of a book by G. S. Carr.[24][25] The book was titled A Synopsis of Elementary Results in Pure and Applied Mathematics and was a collection of 5000 theorems. Ramanujan reportedly studied the contents of the book in detail.[26] The book is generally acknowledged as a key element in awakening the genius of Ramanujan.[26] The next year, he had independently developed and investigated the Bernoulli numbers and had calculated the Euler–Mascheroni constant up to 15 decimal places.[27] His peers at the time commented that they "rarely understood him" and "stood in respectful awe" of him.[23]

When he graduated from Town Higher Secondary School in 1904, Ramanujan was awarded the K. Ranganatha Rao prize for mathematics by the school's headmaster, Krishnaswami Iyer. Iyer introduced Ramanujan as an outstanding student who deserved scores higher than the maximum possible marks.[23] He received a scholarship to study at Government Arts College, Kumbakonam,[28][29] However, Ramanujan was so intent on studying mathematics that he could not focus on any other subjects and failed most of them, losing his scholarship in the process.[30] In August 1905, he ran away from home, heading towards Visakhapatnam and stayed in Rajahmundry [31] for about a month.[32] He later enrolled at Pachaiyappa's College in Madras. He again excelled in mathematics but performed poorly in other subjects such as physiology. Ramanujan failed his Fellow of Arts exam in December 1906 and again a year later. Without a degree, he left college and continued to pursue independent research in mathematics. At this point in his life, he lived in extreme poverty and was often on the brink of starvation.[33]"
He asked for an example of higher consciousness, I gave him the example of Ramanujan who clearly obtained his knowledge of mathematics from “something that exists outside the human mind.”
And it is the view of Ramanujan's biographer that his ability ccame from an obsession with mathematics. He worked much harder at it than most people and achieved much more.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13339 Jul 16, 2013
Actually whenever your holy Saudi family donates to anything they run to the press.

Your cherished holy Saudi family the so called ancestors of Muhammad have several harems filled with women from all over the world that they and several Imams and clerics go to have sex for money. And yet the Muslim community finds these self admitted whore mongers to be praise worthy!

Hahahaha!
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>How do you "know" they do not spend on charity?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13341 Jul 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is simply false that Ramanujan had 'no education' and had 'no access to books'.
From the Wikipedia article:

And it is the view of Ramanujan's biographer that his ability ccame from an obsession with mathematics. He worked much harder at it than most people and achieved much more.
Now why did you choose to omit this first part of your cut&paste from the Wikipedia article?

"Srinivasa Ramanujan FRS ( pronunciation (help·info))(Tamil: &#3000;&#3021;&#29 92;&#3008;&#2985;& #3007;&#2997;&#3006; &#3000; &#2992;&#3006;&#29 90;&#3006;&#2985;& #3009;&#2972;&#2985; &#3021;; 22 December 1887 – 26 April 1920) was an Indian mathematician and autodidact who, with almost no formal training in pure mathematics, made extraordinary contributions to mathematical analysis, number theory, infinite series, and continued fractions. Living in India with no access to the larger mathematical community, which was centred in Europe at the time, Ramanujan developed his own mathematical research in isolation. As a result, he sometimes rediscovered known theorems in addition to producing new work. Ramanujan was said to be a natural genius by the English mathematician G. H. Hardy, in the same league as mathematicians such as Euler and Gauss.[1] He died at the age of 32....."

Are you aware that "autodidact" means self-taught?

You implied that Ramanujan had only one biographer and omitted this part of the article as well:

"Ramanujan's first Indian biographers describe him as rigorously orthodox. Ramanujan credited his acumen to his family Goddess, Namagiri of Namakkal. He looked to her for inspiration in his work,[84] and claimed to dream of blood drops that symbolised her male consort, Narasimha, after which he would receive visions of scrolls of complex mathematical content unfolding before his eyes.[85] He often said, "An equation for me has no meaning, unless it represents a thought of God."[86][87]"

What Ramanugan discovered in these visions of scrolls cannot be explained by your atheistic rationalizations.

."....No one was talking about black holes back in the 1920s when Ramanujan first came up with mock modular forms, and yet, his work may unlock secrets about them," Ono says.

Expansion of modular forms is one of the fundamental tools for computing the entropy of a modular black hole. Some black holes, however, are not modular, but the new formula based on Ramanujan's vision may allow physicists to compute their entropy as though they were....."

http://phys.org/news/2012-12-math-formula-gli...
Fqtantum

In the 1920's our scientists were still working on making "iron birds fly" and "horses run on wheels" per the 8th century Tibetan prophecy that predicted the invention of these things would precede the scattering of the Tibetan people to all parts of the earth. Our scientists didn't start talking about black holes in space until 1958.

United States of America

#13342 Jul 16, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
90% of Ashkenazi Jews? Or do you mean 90% of their DNA? However, I have not seen any evidence of the sort but then the same would apply even to most Arab genes, too. Cultural matters are not always related to the DNA. Why not think before you post?
Here's what I wrote again:

Genetic tests indicates that 90% of todays Jews, i.e. the Ashkenazi, never had any ancestors who "wandered" around the Middle East, therefore Ashkenazi Jews can not possibly be the blood descendants of Abraham nor do they have any ancestral ties to any country in the ME, including Palestine.

Ashkenazi Jew genes and Arab genes are not similar. Palestinian Arab genes, regardless of their religious affiliation, i.e. Jew, Christian, Muslim, Samaritan, etc., and ME Arab genes in general test positive for the same haplogroups found in blacks of North Africa. NO Ashkenazi Jew genes have this gene marker. The "smoking gun" gene marker they do have indicating their Kazarian ancestry is the haplogroup Q gene marker.

Ashkenazi Jews are not and never were the descendants of Abraham or any Israelites, Palestine is not and never was their ancestral homeland, and they have absolutely NO cultural ties to ANY country in the Middle East. As Helen Thomas said: "The Jews need to get the hell out of Palestine."

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13343 Jul 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
Are you aware that "autodidact" means self-taught?
And I am not denying he was mostly self-taught. But it is a fasehood to say he had NO education and NO access to math books.
"Ramanujan's first Indian biographers describe him as rigorously orthodox. Ramanujan credited his acumen to his family Goddess, Namagiri of Namakkal. He looked to her for inspiration in his work,[84] and claimed to dream of blood drops that symbolised her male consort, Narasimha, after which he would receive visions of scrolls of complex mathematical content unfolding before his eyes.[85] He often said, "An equation for me has no meaning, unless it represents a thought of God."[86][87]"
Which is problematic given that some of his 'revelations' were false.
What Ramanugan discovered in these visions of scrolls cannot be explained by your atheistic rationalizations.
I disagree. Ramanujan was obsessed about mathematics; that is part of the reason he had the insights he did. He worked quite hard and, by the way, supplied no proofs. At times his insights were wrong, although surprisingly infrequently.
."....No one was talking about black holes back in the 1920s when Ramanujan first came up with mock modular forms, and yet, his work may unlock secrets about them," Ono says.
That does not mean that Ramqanujan was working on black holes or even envisioned them. it means that some of his work has found applications to them. This happens all the time in math: what was invented for the 'fun' of it later finds applications.

United States of America

#13344 Jul 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am not denying he was mostly self-taught. But it is a fasehood to say he had NO education and NO access to math books.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I disagree. Ramanujan was obsessed about mathematics; that is part of the reason he had the insights he did. He worked quite hard and, by the way, supplied no proofs. At times his insights were wrong, although surprisingly infrequently.
<quoted text>
That does not mean that Ramqanujan was working on black holes or even envisioned them. it means that some of his work has found applications to them. This happens all the time in math: what was invented for the 'fun' of it later finds applications.
What is most significant to me about your response to a phenomena like Ramanujan is the way your mind seems to select information/opinions about him which fit into your particular mental construct of reality and disregards anything that doesn't. This particular kind of mental processing seems to be part of the human condition in general and is certainly not unique to atheists or Christians or followers of any other belief system. What this kind of mental processing says to me is that the ancient prophet/sage Isaiah was correct in observing that ANY belief system "learned by rote" makes people blind, deaf, and willfully ignorant of truth.

Henderson, KY

#13345 Jul 16, 2013
Well said. This is a classic case of a believer projecting their wishes.

Shall we say anyone who makes a breakthrough as being inspired by this imaginary god? Of course not.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>And I am not denying he was mostly self-taught. But it is a fasehood to say he had NO education and NO access to math books.

[QUOTE]"Ramanujan's first Indian biographers describe him as rigorously orthodox. Ramanujan credited his acumen to his family Goddess, Namagiri of Namakkal. He looked to her for inspiration in his work,[84] and claimed to dream of blood drops that symbolised her male consort, Narasimha, after which he would receive visions of scrolls of complex mathematical content unfolding before his eyes.[85] He often said, "An equation for me has no meaning, unless it represents a thought of God."[86][87]""

[QUOTE]What Ramanugan discovered in these visions of scrolls cannot be explained by your atheistic rationalizations."

[QUOTE]."....No one was talking about black holes back in the 1920s when Ramanujan first came up with mock modular forms, and yet, his work may unlock secrets about them," Ono says."

Henderson, KY

#13346 Jul 16, 2013
Rama was a well educated fabulously wealthy prince. When you have all day and unlimited resources you can figure out some math.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>What is most significant to me about your response to a phenomena like Ramanujan is the way your mind seems to select information/opinions about him which fit into your particular mental construct of reality and disregards anything that doesn't. This particular kind of mental processing seems to be part of the human condition in general and is certainly not unique to atheists or Christians or followers of any other belief system. What this kind of mental processing says to me is that the ancient prophet/sage Isaiah was correct in observing that ANY belief system "learned by rote" makes people blind, deaf, and willfully ignorant of truth.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#13347 Jul 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw where you were posting from BEFORE you opted to hide your location. So did Gray. So did Syrian. You're are a lying, thieving, murdering zionazi Jew who lives and posts from Israel and shills Islamophobia propoganda for shekels.
Why don't turn of the hide your location feature and show where you're posting from?
You are a lying, thieving murdering Islamofascist who works for Pakistan.

Why don't you turn off the hide your location feature and show where you are posting from?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 10 hr Dragnet52 256,486
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 18 hr Eagle 12 4,943
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb 10 Susan 17
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Feb 7 Kcreoke 2
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Feb 3 Nona 116
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Jan 30 lee77 117
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan 26 Rabbeen Al Jihad 20
More from around the web