Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14736 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13205 Jul 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You said all particles are affected by gravity. Quantum physics says you're wrong.
No,*you* are wrong here.
You said particles don’t pass through solid objects. Quantum physics says you're wrong.
if you read what I said, I agree that neutrinos, for example, will go through lead. The point is that even 'solid' materials are mostly empty space.
You said particles don't communicate with each other. Quantum physics says you're wrong.
No, I said that entanglement does not produce communication. particles do interact with each other, which is a form of communication, but entanglement is a *correlation* of probabilities, not a communication.
You said time was a physical entity. Quantum physics, Einstein, Feynman, AND Hawking says you're wrong.
Yes, time is a physical thing. It is studied by physicists, after all. In particular, Einstein had time and space merged into spacetime. So,*you* are wrong here. So, by the way, does Hawking.
And Whitehead was a brilliant internationally famous mathematician, a contemporary of Einstein, an agnostic, and Bertrand Russell's mentor. He never took any classes in philosophy or ever taught one until Harvard asked him to teach philosophy in the US.
Yes, I am very familiar with Whitehead. His work with Russell, the Principia Mathematica, was the first significant attempt to reduce mathematics to logic. But Whitehead was *primarily* a philosopher, as was Russell. The Principia Mathematica is regarded now as severely outdated and more philosophy than mathematics.
You were wrong. Deal with it, bubba
No,*you* are wrong here. Deal with it, idiot.

I'll ask again, when was the last time you solved a version of the Schrodinger equation? When was the last time you read an actual scientific paper in a refereed journal?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#13206 Jul 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
And Whitehead was a brilliant internationally famous mathematician, a contemporary of Einstein, an agnostic, and Bertrand Russell's mentor. He never took any classes in philosophy or ever taught one until Harvard asked him to teach philosophy in the US.
You were wrong. Deal with it, bubba
Sorry, but *you* are wrong. Whitehead was *primarily* a philosopher:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_North_Whi...

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13207 Jul 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I don't think you are asleep, bubba. Your blatherings indicate you're just mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence. I think you left your brain in the bottom of a beer can years ago.
Oh ... would were it so! Then we'd have something in common!

Texas, USA

#13208 Jul 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean godbots like Ramanujan, Einstein, Darwin, Shakespeare, Newton, Aristotle, Pythagorus, or Jesus?
All these godbots, and thousands more, have made great contributions to human knowledge and civilization. What great contributions have you made, bubba? What great contributions have ANY atheists made?
Nah. I meant godbots like you and MUQ and Reverend Alan (to name a few). What did Ramanujan do? Is he the guy that invented those instant noodle things? Good job that!! Alas, I've made no contributions of note. My children perhaps? But ... probably not. Who am I fooling? I console myself with knowing I have not been actively destructive to "human knowledge and civilization". I have not, for instance, participated in any Jihads or promoted any unverifiable mythologies.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13209 Jul 12, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No,*you* are wrong here.
<quoted text>
if you read what I said, I agree that neutrinos, for example, will go through lead. The point is that even 'solid' materials are mostly empty space.
<quoted text>
No, I said that entanglement does not produce communication. particles do interact with each other, which is a form of communication, but entanglement is a *correlation* of probabilities, not a communication.
<quoted text>
Yes, time is a physical thing. It is studied by physicists, after all. In particular, Einstein had time and space merged into spacetime. So,*you* are wrong here. So, by the way, does Hawking.
<quoted text>
Yes, I am very familiar with Whitehead. His work with Russell, the Principia Mathematica, was the first significant attempt to reduce mathematics to logic. But Whitehead was *primarily* a philosopher, as was Russell. The Principia Mathematica is regarded now as severely outdated and more philosophy than mathematics.
<quoted text>
I'll ask again, when was the last time you solved a version of the Schrodinger equation? When was the last time you read an actual scientific paper in a refereed journal?
LOL I did read what you posted, bubba. And proved all your arguments were totally wrong.

Suggest you review what you actually posted instead of trying to use equivocations as loopholes.

It obvious you think you know more than you do and because you're always letting your ego write checks your brain can't cash. Very predictable.

United States of America

#13210 Jul 12, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. I meant godbots like you and MUQ and Reverend Alan (to name a few). What did Ramanujan do? Is he the guy that invented those instant noodle things? Good job that!! Alas, I've made no contributions of note. My children perhaps? But ... probably not. Who am I fooling? I console myself with knowing I have not been actively destructive to "human knowledge and civilization". I have not, for instance, participated in any Jihads or promoted any unverifiable mythologies.
LOL

How's that time travel machine coming, bubba? Got it working yet?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#13211 Jul 12, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. I meant godbots like you and MUQ and Reverend Alan (to name a few). What did Ramanujan do? Is he the guy that invented those instant noodle things?
Ramanujan was one of the most creative mathematicians of his time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srinivasa_Ramanu...

Texas, USA

#13212 Jul 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
How's that time travel machine coming, bubba? Got it working yet?
How did you find out about my time travel machine? But, no ... it's not working. I'm having trouble chilling the cold fusion reactor I was going to use as a power supply. My perpetual motion machine is working good ... it's out mowing the lawn as we speak.

Texas, USA

#13213 Jul 12, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fascinating story! I am in awe of prodigy. To see something so clearly, so early in life. Pity he died so young. Not much in the article about his religion, Hindu I presume. Clearly not an overriding obsession of his, unlike our godbot Topix posters.

United States of America

#13214 Jul 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No they are not sleeping they are "pretending" to be asleep.
You can wake some one who is sleeping, but you cannot one who is "pretending to be asleep".
All these atheists are like that, they go up to a level, and when their mind and hearts starts melting...they deliberately turn it off.
What is cure for this sickness, I do not know.
Salaam
MUQ
I concede that some are not sleeping but merely pretending to be asleep. Jesus called this kind as the children of their father, satan. They know the truth but love chaos and confusion so they pretend to be ignorant.

In the US, the majority of people, however, really are "sleep walking" through their lives. What they "see" is only a collage of images from movies, television, etc., stored behind their eyeballs in their brains which they project in front of their eyeballs and call reality.

You were blessed to grow up in a different culture within a religious tradition that includes fasting, prayer, meditation, personal responsibility, self-examination, etc. like Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Yoga, Shintoism, etc, so you learned how to walk your brain on the path that leads to the mind's awakening and a higher consciousness. The "sleep walkers" here in the US didn't get that kind of an education. Most don't even know it exists and are too lazy to walk it anyway.

United States of America

#13215 Jul 12, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.......of ANY time since the dawn of civilization, bubba.

And he was a devout "godbot" as well.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13216 Jul 12, 2013
Muq was probably the offspring of a child bride sold into marriage. To denounce this would be to insult Islam and his own parents.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Not a joke a statement of fact.

How many little girls have you abused, raped and murdered today?

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13217 Jul 12, 2013
What do you call an Imam with 6 goats?

A pimp! Lol!
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>That's nasty! Good one!

MUQ doesn't understand jokes by the way, their confusion about it is hilarious.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#13218 Jul 12, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No,*you* are wrong here.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Idiot? Is that a scientific term?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#13219 Jul 12, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think salami is the "cute for atheism."
Is this another of your Jokes?
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#13220 Jul 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I concede that some are not sleeping but merely pretending to be asleep. Jesus called this kind as the children of their father, satan. They know the truth but love chaos and confusion so they pretend to be ignorant.
In the US, the majority of people, however, really are "sleep walking" through their lives. What they "see" is only a collage of images from movies, television, etc., stored behind their eyeballs in their brains which they project in front of their eyeballs and call reality.
You were blessed to grow up in a different culture within a religious tradition that includes fasting, prayer, meditation, personal responsibility, self-examination, etc. like Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Yoga, Shintoism, etc, so you learned how to walk your brain on the path that leads to the mind's awakening and a higher consciousness. The "sleep walkers" here in the US didn't get that kind of an education. Most don't even know it exists and are too lazy to walk it anyway.
May be you are telling the truth, I do not really know.

But if you have unbalanced education, that is the result. You only concentrate on "material side of life" and leave the spiritual path.

So the spiritual things go out of your life and you feel void, that void they try to fill with music, dance, concerts, games, wild parties, drugs, alcohol, homosexuality...

Whatever they do, their Souls do not get healthy diet, it only gets Junk food.

And the results are for people to see.

Salaam

MUQ
Baba Yoga

United States

#13221 Jul 12, 2013
Won't happen. Atheists in the past embraced religion when threatened by Islam.

More and more atheists world wide are being forced to convert under threat of death. Atheism is disappearing rapidly.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13222 Jul 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
May be you are telling the truth, I do not really know.
But if you have unbalanced education, that is the result. You only concentrate on "material side of life" and leave the spiritual path.
So the spiritual things go out of your life and you feel void, that void they try to fill with music, dance, concerts, games, wild parties, drugs, alcohol, homosexuality...
Whatever they do, their Souls do not get healthy diet, it only gets Junk food.
And the results are for people to see.
Salaam
MUQ
How many little girls have you abused, raped and murdered today?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#13223 Jul 12, 2013
Baba Yoga wrote:
Won't happen. Atheists in the past embraced religion when threatened by Islam.
More and more atheists world wide are being forced to convert under threat of death. Atheism is disappearing rapidly.
You wish.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13224 Jul 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>What do you call an Imam with 6 goats?

A pimp! Lol!
Same as 6 children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) Oct 14 The Worlds Bigges... 256,291
Loner wiccan Oct 1 birdy 2
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Sep 25 de_sheets 3
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Sep '17 dirt reynolds 121
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Sep '17 ABBB 54
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Sep '17 blessed 479
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug '17 Nobody you know 14
More from around the web