Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14715 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#12935 Jul 8, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
But, is evolution proven? What happen before evolution?
Evolution has been observed yes. I have no idea what happened before evolution. I know that science has taken us back much farther than 2000 years.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#12936 Jul 8, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
But, is evolution proven? What happen before evolution?
1. Yes.
2. Chemistry.

Next

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#12937 Jul 8, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Yes.
2. Chemistry.
Next
EW's ravaged Creationist mind won't be able to take this assault.

He will disappear and then come back a few weeks later for more of the same.
Truth

Jupiter, FL

#12938 Jul 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. I said the First Cause/God existed BEFORE space and time and that fact doesn't make God "supernatural"
<quoted text>
God.
<quoted text>
It points to a First Cause....of the Big Bang and everything else that was created afterwards.
Yes it does because earlier you where saying nothing can exist without god meaning everything in our natural world was created by a god who lived outside our natural world thus making him supernatural you can deny it all you want but you set up the scenario for making him supernatural. Yes a first cause of the big bang not a creator or god, your killing your own argument because you where just saying no cause and effect existed before the big bang now your saying it points to a cause.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#12939 Jul 8, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Lol! But you said only Christians, now you need to admit that atheists also do this.
When did I say "only Christians" use the word?
Perma-link to the post and quote me.

Montreal

#12940 Jul 8, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe Latex believes this! Oh wait, I do believe it.
Of course you'd believe his lies, you are a troll of course.

Montreal

#12941 Jul 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>The gay atheist perverts in NAMBLA want to lower the age of consent for the boys they lure into their homes with candy, toys, drugs, etc. to eight years old. You defended NAMBLA -- said they wanted to lower the age to only twelve years old, not eight.

Again, what have YOU personally ever done to make this world a safer, healthier, happier place for ANY child? Answer: Zip. Zero. Nada. Nothing.

And again, where are all the atheist humanitarian organizations that are dedicated to feeding the hungry, healing the sick, comforting the dying, sheltering the homeless, etc.? Hmmmm.....? Name one and post a link.
Once again, you lie.
I simply corrected your lie, and even then you lied again trying to recollect the correction.
It's 14 that they're trying to get it lowered to.

That having been said, I've already said multiple times that I do not agree with them, that the age of consent for vaginal sex shouldn't even be that low (which it is).

Yet you never claim anything but gay pedophilia is wrong, you've not once showed disgust for straight pedophilia.
You are a pedophile, this shows.

Montreal

#12942 Jul 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>This Islamophobia message was brought to you by yet another liar-for-hire shilling for shekels on Topix and paid for by the Israeli Ministry of Hasbara (Hebrew for propaganda).
"LIAR!" screams the one who says all who are against pedophilia are pedophiles and that those who say nothing about the disgusting act are not.

Montreal

#12943 Jul 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say or imply any of the things you attributed to me.

You're attacking your own straw men instead of dealing with the scientific fact that until the Big Bang happened there was no universe, no time, no gravity, and no cause and effect.

BTW I don't believe God is a "supernatural being".
So your god can't perform any miracles or anything?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#12944 Jul 8, 2013
Why does the creation process stop at god? Allah would have no reason to tell you he also has a god and creator if he existed.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>God is not a "Thing". There is every things else created in Universe, except God.

You cannot apply rules for "Creations to the Creator".

Big questions of all Atheists, which they think as "No religious person having answer for" melts itself.

It is a baseless question. The Creation process stops when it reaches God.

He is the only Uncreated being in the world, He was present before start of time and He shall be presented after end of time.

Time, space, stars, galaxies, vegetable, animal, human, angels , every thing we see and do not see in this universe is His creations.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#12945 Jul 8, 2013
Very well said.
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>The problem I have with this statement is that someone is going to have to make the first move. Now considering God is all over everything in our country....I think we can see who the overbearing party might be.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#12946 Jul 8, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>At least you can admit to the fact that you are only on here to piss people off. Most of your friends can't even do that so simply. However if you are a christian then I would never be able to change to a believer or agree with religion simply because you have the same hateful actions that you accuse your "enemy" of having, and if that's the case then I choose to stay a descent person. For something that you are so sure about, you certainly seem to have no problem making it look like such a joke by making it seem like its all good fun.
You can't prove you're a descent person. You just try to twist and turn my words, this is all in good fun. Why are you on here?

Location hidden

#12947 Jul 8, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>1. Yes.
2. Chemistry.

Next
Prove it?

Location hidden

#12948 Jul 8, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>When did I say "only Christians" use the word?
Perma-link to the post and quote me.
Just admit it and stop crying.
Thinking

York, UK

#12949 Jul 8, 2013
The alleged reference in that link is still broken. Try harder.

FGM is a muslim thing.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you atheist Jew pedophiles shill for shekels? Why do keep posting your own perverted sexual fantasies about little girls' genitals and use criticism of any religion as a pretext?
FYI the filthy degenerate poster known as "Thinking" is a lying atheist Jew pervert who works as an "internet warrior" for the Israeli government. His job is to post salacious and slanderous lies about Muslims.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services states that the custom of FGM "cuts across religions and is practiced by Jews....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_...
Thinking

York, UK

#12950 Jul 8, 2013
Atheism is a religion in the same way not collecting stamps is a hobby.

islam is pretty much a subset of judaism and christianity. So allah plagiarised from humans.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism, Judaism and Christianity are unequivocally "man invented" religions designed for social, economic, and political control of populations, but not ALL religions are "man invented" so your claim is false, bubba.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#12951 Jul 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Although, the history of civilization records many exceptionally gifted individuals who seem to have been born with higher consciousness, and this number has increased phenomenally over the past 200 years, the actual path to developing higher consciousness--repentance, prayer, fasting, meditation, etc--was given to mankind some 14,000 years ago and has been practiced and taught by adepts, shamans, priests, sheiks, gurus, yogas, buddhas, etc in every culture from every religious tradition on every continent of the world ever since.
Self delusion has often been called "higher conciousness" but it simply isn't.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#12952 Jul 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. I said the First Cause/God existed BEFORE space and time and that fact doesn't make God "supernatural"
<quoted text>
God.
<quoted text>
It points to a First Cause....of the Big Bang and everything else that was created afterwards.
Matter/energy has always existed, there never has been a need for a creator. It really is as simple as that.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#12953 Jul 8, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you lie.
I simply corrected your lie, and even then you lied again trying to recollect the correction.
It's 14 that they're trying to get it lowered to.
That having been said, I've already said multiple times that I do not agree with them, that the age of consent for vaginal sex shouldn't even be that low (which it is).
Yet you never claim anything but gay pedophilia is wrong, you've not once showed disgust for straight pedophilia.
You are a pedophile, this shows.
You are either an illiterate moron, brain damaged, a liar, or all of the foregoing.

I have clearly stated--many times--that it would be great if the US "renditioned" all of America's thousands of sick atheist pedophiles to Saudi Arabia because the Saudis are a thousand times more efficient and effective than the US in the methods they use to deal with pedophiles, i.e. execution.
Why your little pea brain interprets my clearly stated opinion as being "pro-Islam" or "pro-hetero pedophilia" instead of anti-pedophiles are questions only your shrink or brain surgeon can answer, bubba.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#12954 Jul 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
No evidence for your claim of first cause. When you're brave enough to prove first cause your ignorant opinions about the nature of the universe might matter.
"Process and Reality", Whitehead.

Who's your daddy, bubba?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 29 min rabbee yehoshooah... 231,004
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Thu juicy 12
News Pagans Out Of The 'Broom Closet' In Southwest R... (Jan '10) Wed Kathwynn 241
News The Episcopal Church, Wiccans, and the Divine F... (Mar '10) Sep 1 Really 64
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Aug 29 thetruth 59
Doris w/ Spells4free Aug 25 Redd 1
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 19 Dude 12
More from around the web