Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 620)

Showing posts 12,381 - 12,400 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is paying me. Where do I sign up?
http://www.gregfelton.com/media/2009_09_30.ht...

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no I got it but its a huge contradiction, if your agreeing that there was no cause and effect before the big bang and no time then you are eliminating the possibility of a creator. You can not argue that there was no cause before the big bang and then turn around and argue that god was the cause of the big bang. also if your acknowledging no time existed it would be impossible for a creator to have existed.
Don't quit your day job, bubba.
Truth

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say or imply any of the things you attributed to me.
You're attacking your own straw men instead of dealing with the scientific fact that until the Big Bang happened there was no universe, no time, no gravity, and no cause and effect.
BTW I don't believe God is a "supernatural being".
You said god exists outside of space and time which would make him supernatural, if you don't believe hes a supernatural being than what is he? what is your point, no time existed before the big bang no cause or effect no gravity, I don't see how any of that points to a creator.
Truth

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't quit your day job, bubba.
That's it? I point out your contradiction, and this what you say?

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You said god exists outside of space and time which would make him supernatural.
Wrong. I said the First Cause/God existed BEFORE space and time and that fact doesn't make God "supernatural"
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
if you don't believe hes a supernatural being than what is he?
God.
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
what is your point, no time existed before the big bang no cause or effect no gravity, I don't see how any of that points to a creator.
It points to a First Cause....of the Big Bang and everything else that was created afterwards.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>I think that it's ridiculous that you and your friends keep using Stalin as an example for something. Hitler was a "christian" and he also killed millions. What do you think of that?
Simple, Stalin killed more. I think it's ridiculous how atheists try to use the bible against Christians.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't make me angry, it makes me sad....This world could be a much better place and people like you want it to stay the way it is. It's very sad. I get angry about you and your friends lack of social skills, and your constant posts of name calling, anger, hate, and ridiculous responses. It also makes me sick that you have such a high demand for that kind of reaction to be given in return. To me you are all sad individuals who are bored, and have nothing else to do but to fake a liking for a religion that you make it obvious that you don't follow.
I think your reaction is dumb also.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Religion is notably a horrible thing for a country to run under.
Not the U.S.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. I said the First Cause/God existed BEFORE space and time and that fact doesn't make God "supernatural"
<quoted text>
God.
<quoted text>
It points to a First Cause....of the Big Bang and everything else that was created afterwards.
No evidence for your claim of first cause. When you're brave enough to prove first cause your ignorant opinions about the nature of the universe might matter.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple, Stalin killed more. I think it's ridiculous how atheists try to use the bible against Christians.
atheism commands nobody to kill, try again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your reaction is dumb also.
So you admit your reaction is dumb!!!!!! this creationist clown is making progress!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the U.S.
You're unable to prove your god. Obvious your imaginary god is not allow powerful

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>atheism commands nobody to kill, try again.
Yes they do. You have the final solution idea.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Its absolutely a contradiction because you said nothing could exist unless god created it, so with that line of thinking a god could not exist unless a god created it. Yes the universe had a beginning but that in no way proves a god or divine intervention. Your using a god of the gaps fallacy and plugging him in where you think he fits. Stephen hawkings himself said no god was needed for the creation of the universe.
God is not a "Thing". There is every things else created in Universe, except God.

You cannot apply rules for "Creations to the Creator".

Big questions of all Atheists, which they think as "No religious person having answer for" melts itself.

It is a baseless question. The Creation process stops when it reaches God.

He is the only Uncreated being in the world, He was present before start of time and He shall be presented after end of time.

Time, space, stars, galaxies, vegetable, animal, human, angels , every thing we see and do not see in this universe is His creations.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
Sorry, but if you want to re-write history, it's best to wait till the people alive during the period you are revising have passed away. Too many of us have 'grown up' along with Islamic Terrorism. Bottom line is ... you indiscriminately murder innocent people to make a political statement. Too bad the 'political statement' you make is drowned out by the horror and mayhem created. In this same period, we've seen Israel constantly attacked and goaded. I think they've shown admirable restraint. Any response to an enemy cowardly enough to use 'human shields' and launch their ridiculous pin-prick attacks from populated neighborhoods is bound to result in collateral damage. Of course, that's the point, isn't it?

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not a "Thing". There is every things else created in Universe, except God.
Big questions of all Atheists, which they think as "No religious person having answer for" melts itself.
He is the only Uncreated being in the world, He was present before start of time and He shall be presented after end of time.
Time, space, stars, galaxies, vegetable, animal, human, angels , every thing we see and do not see in this universe is His creations.
Who says you get to pick when "the creation process stops"? It is not absurd to ask 'from whence came a Creator'. It is absurd to presume a Creator's existence based upon pure conjecture. Like I've said ... only godbots think they can sum the Universe up in a Topix post. Another absurdity. Keep 'em coming MUQ. Science opens our only window into the early Universe. Religion offers nothing ... NOTHING ... but childish fairy tales. You can piling absurdities upon absurdities until the end of time and you will never come an inch closer to reality. Why? Because you have already got it all figured out!

"Time, space, stars, galaxies, vegetable, animal, human, angels , every thing we see and do not see in this universe is His creations" and he "is the only Uncreated being in the world".

That's not even a good Fairy Tale, MUQ. It's incredible that a Human Being, alive in the times we are living in, could utter such nonsense.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

There may be hope for you Arabs ... but it's going to come from people like this young man in the below video.

" http://www.youtube.com/watch... ;

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so it's only the amount of people that makes it a horrible act now? I thought your opinion was that Atheism was the problem. Since there are obviously many christian killers in history as well, did you decide that we needed to play a numbers game with it now? I have no time for that kind of stupidity. As far as Atheists trying to use the bible against christians...it seems that it's needed many times. If you are a christian then you are supposed to follow what your book says correct? Well when you start talking to people the way you start talking to them....that's when I will start telling you what you should already know. I don't see how that is using it against so much as it is, oddly enough, trying to get you to follow it and leave us the hell alone lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are not trying to convert people to your religion then I see no purpose for you on this forum other than to argue when there is no reason for it. That is really plain and simple. It's really not that complicated at all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thanks for clearing that up lol. Unfortunately, this is just your opinion, and not a fact. See you have no proof, and Science can only tell us so much so far. I will say this though...science is definitely winning out. They have much more plausible possibilities than "God made it".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,381 - 12,400 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 56 min Alex WM 198,786
Pagan High Priest Claims Discrimination by City... 4 hr Jumper The wise 15
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe 7 hr a person 83
Cosmic ordering (Nov '09) 13 hr bren 3
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Jul 9 CShine 90
Ouija Board... SCARY STUFF! NEED HELP! (Aug '07) Jul 9 CShine 1,015
Need Help - Shadow Person Protector or Harmful? (May '09) Jul 9 Shawn 9
•••
•••