Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 611)

Showing posts 12,201 - 12,220 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Not so much replace as become an equal. For me I don't say I am this or that. I just KNOW there is no god and that for me religion of any kind is not for me. I like freedom and to live my life. Religion is to much like slavery.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
So you've chosen to go to Hell. Why?
The only 'Hell' is that which we create for ourselves right here on Earth. Fortunately, the same is true of 'Heaven'. The funny thing is, they're so close together we wander in and out of them all the time. I can see religions, at least some of them, as crude attempts to guide us through these twisting paths. It's a worthy task. Unfortunately, religion is encumbered by it's own excess baggage. Building elaborate fairy tales to explain 'creation' or 'life after death'. We have Science for that and it does the job quite well. What we need is free, organized group therapy sessions.

Church, Sunday school, the 'fellowship'... that's kind of what they are ... Group Therapy. Recognized as such and with the religious mumbo-jumbo eliminated you could end up with something that actually IMPROVED the individual and community. It starts out okay ... coffee, donuts, chatting, joking ... then devolves into worthless 'sermons' and trying to group decipher ridiculous and virtually meaningless bible verses. You drive down the street and see the Catholic Church across the street from the Baptist Church down the road from the Presbyterian which is next door to the new Mosque. Expensive edifices that highlight our differences and keep everyone divided.

Secular Humanism has all the morals of a 'good' religion with none of the baggage.
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

"That's" is the correct contraction of "That has".
I see I shall have to continue to mark your English, ill educated twot.
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
That's?
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

The joys of English English. The number of times I have been pulled up for using "spelt" instead of "spelled"... yet both are correct.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It is awkward, but grammatically correct, for it means "that has."
Though you wouldn't understand grammar.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>The joys of English English. The number of times I have been pulled up for using "spelt" instead of "spelled"... yet both are correct.
I've actually been called illiterate for spelling things like "color" as "colour."

They're both correct, the original way would technically be with the "ou" instead of just "o" because that's the way the British spell it.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
"That's" is the correct contraction of "That has".
I see I shall have to continue to mark your English, ill educated t-wot.
<quoted text>
That's bollox...

Example: Everything that has 'life' is alive.

Your Example: Everything that's 'life' is alive'.

The US education system has a lot to answer for.....cold blooded murder of the English tongue.

and the English do not say "T-w0t" they say "T-wat".......t-wat!
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Best you go off an correct this then... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_o...

Oh look, two Brits using the word "twot".

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Rumpole? Bumhole more like.
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
That's bollox...
Example: Everything that has 'life' is alive.
Your Example: Everything that's 'life' is alive'.
The US education system has a lot to answer for.....cold blooded murder of the English tongue.
and the English do not say "T-w0t" they say "T-wat".......t-wat!
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

and ^

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Find us a reasonable working link. I can type anything on google and then copy and paste the generic results.

Working link to a direct site please.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Here's almost 40,000 links saying all you pathetic atheist Jew perverts who are shilling for Israeli shekels have been LYING in each and every post in which youÂ’ve claimed FGM is "a muslim thing", bubba.

http://www.google.com/search...

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

They were a serious threat to Islam.
MisterCharrington wrote:
The prophet does not like dancing in the rain...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/pakis...

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>It is awkward, but grammatically correct, for it means "that has."

Though you wouldn't understand grammar.
Maybe, but I didn't correct the post cause I figured it meant that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>"That's" is the correct contraction of "That has".
I see I shall have to continue to mark your English, ill educated twot.
I'm not correcting you, I just questioned it. So keep thinking

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>I've actually been called illiterate for spelling things like "color" as "colour."

They're both correct, the original way would technically be with the "ou" instead of just "o" because that's the way the British spell it.
That's the other thing, I have to consider how British spell words.
JayD

Fair Lawn, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

I don't know if anyone will read this, but I believe science will replace both religion and atheism eventually, when it discovers who and what we actually are.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, but I didn't correct the post cause I figured it meant that.
You sure did ask about it in a dumb way though.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the other thing, I have to consider how British spell words.
You mean to say how it's spelt in the original English language.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Jihad is directed not "just" against the unbelievers (the kaffirs, i.e., non-Mulsims), but all those who have "deviated" -- the Shi'ites, the Alawites, the Ahmadis, the Druze, Bahais, Yazidis, etc. It is holy war by armed resistance to all those who do not accept Muhammad's message as interpreted by the sacred traditions hallowed by all the schools of Sunni jurisprudence across fourteen hundred years of history.
1. The eight-year-long war between Iraq and Iran resulting in almost a million killed.
2. The First Gulf War; Invasion of Kuwait (Aug. 1990-Feb.1991), Operation Desert Storm, the Second Gulf War, and Operation Iraqi Freedom.
3. Massive violence between Muslims and Hindus in India following partition and three India-Pakistan wars, terrorism in Kashmir and India resulting in several million killed and at least fifteen million people displaced.
4. Pakistan-Bangladesh conflict, 1971 (following civil war and secession). This war saw the highest number of casualties in any of the India-Pakistan conflicts. It is believed that from one to three million Bangladeshis were killed as a result of this war. Very little media coverage.
5. Ongoing Yemeni and Somali Civil Wars. Thousands killed. No media coverage.
6. Inter-sectarian Muslim violence between Shias and Sunnis in Syria, Lebanon and Iraq.
7. Border disputes between Syria and Jordan, Syria and Lebanon.

8. Jordan's crackdown on "Black September," 1970. PLO crushed by Jordanian Legion under command of King Hussein (at least 25,000 killed).

9. Syria's suppression of the Muslim Brothers and opponents of the Assad regime; destruction of the city of Hama (at least 20,000 killed) to wipe out Muslim Brotherhood. Media barred from entering the city. Uprising in Hama by Muslim Brotherhood crushed by Assad regime in Syria Feb. 1982.

10. Al-Qaeda and Taliban violence in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

11. Inter-Palestinian factionalism in Gaza; dozens killed.

12. Decade-long mass violence between Muslim religious extremists (Salafist movement) and Algerian government beginning in 1991 estimated to have cost between 150,000 and 200,000 lives.

13. Sixteen-year-long civil war in Lebanon. The war lasted from 1975 to 1990 and resulted in an estimated 130,000 to 250,000 civilian fatalities. Another one million people (one-third of the population) were wounded, half of whom were left with lifetime disabilities.

14. Iraqi, Iranian, and Turkish suppression of Kurdish autonomy; approximately 180,000 Kurds killed, mostly civilians in Iraq, by Saddam Hussein's forces via poison gas attacks.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

15. Muslim terror against civilians in Chechnya, and additional hundreds killed in Moscow and other Russian cities including children at primary school. Russia's two biggest terrorist attacks both came from Muslim groups. The Chechnyan separatist "Special Purpose Islamic Regiment" took an estimated 850 people hostage in Moscow in October 2002 at a theater. At least 129 hostages died during the rescue, all but one killed by the chemicals used to subdue the attackers.

In the September 2004, 1,200 schoolchildren and adults were taken hostage at a secondary school in Beslan, North Ossetia-Alania, which was overrun by an Islamic terror group. About 500 people, including 186 children, died in the attempt to free the hostages. According to the only surviving attacker, Nur-Pashi Kulayev, the choice of a school and the targeting of mothers and young children by the attackers was carried out in order to generate the maximum outrage possible and ignite a wider war in the Caucasus with the ultimate goal of establishing an Islamic Emirate across the whole of the North Caucasus.

16. Muslim secessionist activity and terrorism in the Philippines (with almost monthly reports by American media that do not mention the words "Muslim" or "jihad").

17. Darfur in the Sudan; genocidal attacks against non-Muslim Black Sudanese. On July 13, 2008, the prosecutor of the International Criminal Court filed ten charges of war crimes against Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir, charges that included three counts of genocide, five crimes against humanity, and two of murder. The ICC's prosecutors have claimed that al-Bashir "masterminded and implemented a plan to destroy in substantial part" three tribal groups in Darfur because of their ethnicity.

18. Muslim grievances and violence in Thailand.

19. Terrorist activity against the Han Chinese in Western China. More than a hundred fatalities.

20. Division of Cyprus to satisfy Turkish Muslim minority.

21. Muslim unrest and violence against Christians in Nigeria and Ghana; several thousand killed. No media interest.

22. Muslim terrorist attacks against the U.S. in New York and Washington. Almost 3,000 civilians killed.

23. Terrorist attacks throughout Europe -- London Underground, Atocha Train Station in Madrid; in Africa at American embassy in Kenya; in Bali nightclub where most victims were Australian tourists; foiled attempts in the U.S. and elsewhere.

24. Jihadi-inspired sniper and terror attacks by deranged lone Muslims in the United States against military bases (Ft. Hood), synagogues, and airports, and at Times Square.

25. Continued terrorist attacks against the State of Israel and Jews throughout the world.

26.Widespread piracy on a scale not seen for 150 years along the Somali coast of East Africa preying upon international shipping.

27. Indonesian Muslim suppression of East Timor population's (98%) desire for independence. Tens of thousands of civilians killed or died from malnutrition, imprisonment (1974-1998).

28. Continued civil war in West Sahara between the Polisario Movement and Moroccan authorities , low-level guerrilla attacks and hundreds of thousands of displaced refuges.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean to say how it's spelt in the original English language.
No, in the original 'merican language. <snicker!> Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Recent research shows that language is a living thing that evolves on its own. Heck I knew that after one read of Beowulf and Chaucer's tales. What I didn't know is the mistakes that are made by each generation tend to be easier to remember and pass on than the original. Now ain't that interesting? Eventually, our language will consist entirely of mistakes on the "original" ... if it isn't already, which it probably is.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>No, in the original 'merican language. <snicker!> Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Recent research shows that language is a living thing that evolves on its own. Heck I knew that after one read of Beowulf and Chaucer's tales. What I didn't know is the mistakes that are made by each generation tend to be easier to remember and pass on than the original. Now ain't that interesting? Eventually, our language will consist entirely of mistakes on the "original" ... if it isn't already, which it probably is.
I just find it ridiculous when someone says they're speaking "real" English, compared to other people.
I just wanted to make it clear that British English is the closest you can get to "real" English.

But I agree, we've probably butchered the English language with time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,201 - 12,220 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••