Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
11,901 - 11,920 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lunacy is worsening, bigot.
ALL religions are superstitious non-sense. I have no problem with you believing in sky-daddies, fairies, or whatever you want, but keep your myths out of the schools and out of the government.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully a chain reaction will occur with other states.
In other words, quite simply, you are anti-American. You do not believe in the value of a secular society where the government is neutral about all religions.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, quite simply, you are anti-American. You do not believe in the value of a secular society where the government is neutral about all religions.
I think religious people should be allowed to pray in school. I don't care what religion it is, people should have the right to pray since the majority of tax payers are religious. I think religious people should stand up to atheism and not allow them to take over the U.S. Many theists died in wars to allow you to put them down because if their beliefs.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I think religious people should be allowed to pray in school. I don't care what religion it is, people should have the right to pray since the majority of tax payers are religious. I think religious people should stand up to atheism and not allow them to take over the U.S. Many theists died in wars to allow you to put them down because if their beliefs.
Do you think the Moslems should be allowed to direct prayers in school? How about Wiccans? How about Satanists?

You can now pray in schools. But there is a difference between personal prayer (silent) and having a public prayer at a school function lead by a particular religious sect. Unless you think that ALL the above groups should be allowed to lead a prayer in schools, then *none* of them should be allowed to.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Says the poster who thinks drowning infants is a mercy and a great thing to do.

Your cult has made you into this monster.
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>Your lunacy is worsening, bigot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think the Moslems should be allowed to direct prayers in school? How about Wiccans? How about Satanists?

You can now pray in schools. But there is a difference between personal prayer (silent) and having a public prayer at a school function lead by a particular religious sect. Unless you think that ALL the above groups should be allowed to lead a prayer in schools, then *none* of them should be allowed to.
Again, they put God in graduation ceremonies, etc... When we pray to God they can pray to theirs. It's our freedom.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I pointed out that *all* spiritual experiences are based in our chemical nature. So they do not show the existence of a supernatural. I did not 'bash' yoga in favor of drugs. I pointed out that yoga and prayer are just another drug.
You are a lying piece of shit.

You clearly stated: "....you can get the same thing by taking a high enough dose of psychedelics. Your choice: LSD, mushrooms, etc."

You can drop all the acid and munch all the shrooms you want but no drugs will ever change you from the ignorant atheist loser you are into an Einstein or a Ramanujan.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, they put God in graduation ceremonies, etc... When we pray to God they can pray to theirs. It's our freedom.
I'm sure you have satisfying conversations with God all the time. He can easily pick up your thoughts (along with everybody else's) so it is clear that 'prayer in school' takes on a symbolic meaning quite unrelated to communicating with your favorite deity. As a society, we decided long ago to 'separate church and state'. Whether the intent was to protect the church from the state or the state from the church doesn't really matter. What matters is that it was a great idea and one worth preserving. One of the consequences of this decision is keeping religious stuff out of publicly funded activities or edifices. That means you can't sacrifice a goat on the courthouse steps or pray in public schools. You can let whatever passes for a 'prayer' bounce around in your gourd-like noggins ... nobody cares. Start muttering them out loud or getting them ensconced into the classroom routine is a no-no. End of story!

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a lying piece of shit.
You clearly stated: "....you can get the same thing by taking a high enough dose of psychedelics. Your choice: LSD, mushrooms, etc."
You can drop all the acid and munch all the shrooms you want but no drugs will ever change you from the ignorant atheist loser you are into an Einstein or a Ramanujan.
Yes, your choice of which drug to get the same effect: LSD, mushrooms, religion, etc. ALL produce 'mystical experiences' and all are worth exactly nothing.

You deliberately misrepresent what I wrote. That makes you a liar. Typical fundie.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has ever killed in the name of lack of belief in god.
That is what atheism is, I am educating you educated what.
Ah yes. The old lie-with-a-grain-of-truth trick.

Atheists kill BECAUSE of a lack of belief in God. Atheist dictators just do a lot more killing than the average garden variety atheist.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists kill BECAUSE of a lack of belief in God. Atheist dictators just do a lot more killing than the average garden variety atheist.
why do x-stains kill then?

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, your choice of which drug to get the same effect: LSD, mushrooms, religion, etc. ALL produce 'mystical experiences' and all are worth exactly nothing.
You deliberately misrepresent what I wrote. That makes you a liar. Typical fundie.
How could I misrepresent what you wrote when clearly I cut and pasted EXACTLY what you wrote: "....you can get the same thing by taking a high enough dose of psychedelics. Your choice: LSD, mushrooms, etc."

And, again, you can drop all the acid and munch all the shrooms you want but no drugs will ever change you from the ignorant atheist loser you are into an Einstein or a Ramanujan.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
How could I misrepresent what you wrote when clearly I cut and pasted EXACTLY what you wrote: "....you can get the same thing by taking a high enough dose of psychedelics. Your choice: LSD, mushrooms, etc."
And, again, you can drop all the acid and munch all the shrooms you want but no drugs will ever change you from the ignorant atheist loser you are into an Einstein or a Ramanujan.
Yes, you quoted me, but you clearly misunderstood what I meant.

You get the same mystical experience as you get from religion as you get from psychedelic drugs. THAT was my point. Any of the psychedelics will give the same effect: a mystical experience indistinguishable from the mystical experiences of religion. Same 'higher consciousness', same 'feeling of unity', etc. Whichever drug you choose in that category will give that experience if taken in the correct set and setting.

And guess what? ALL of those experiences mean exactly the same thing: mystical experiences are chemical reactions in the brain and do not show the existence of a supernatural.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you have satisfying conversations with God all the time. He can easily pick up your thoughts (along with everybody else's) so it is clear that 'prayer in school' takes on a symbolic meaning quite unrelated to communicating with your favorite deity. As a society, we decided long ago to 'separate church and state'. Whether the intent was to protect the church from the state or the state from the church doesn't really matter. What matters is that it was a great idea and one worth preserving. One of the consequences of this decision is keeping religious stuff out of publicly funded activities or edifices. That means you can't sacrifice a goat on the courthouse steps or pray in public schools. You can let whatever passes for a 'prayer' bounce around in your gourd-like noggins ... nobody cares. Start muttering them out loud or getting them ensconced into the classroom routine is a no-no. End of story!
Not for long.
Thinking

Tisbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Why do muslims still cut the pissflaps out of little girls?
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you quoted me, but you clearly misunderstood what I meant.
You get the same mystical experience as you get from religion as you get from psychedelic drugs. THAT was my point. Any of the psychedelics will give the same effect: a mystical experience indistinguishable from the mystical experiences of religion. Same 'higher consciousness', same 'feeling of unity', etc. Whichever drug you choose in that category will give that experience if taken in the correct set and setting.
And guess what? ALL of those experiences mean exactly the same thing: mystical experiences are chemical reactions in the brain and do not show the existence of a supernatural.
Accessing higher consciousness is NOT about religion or about feelings, bubba.

Can't you read?

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Why do muslims still cut the pissflaps out of little girls?
<quoted text>
FYI the poster known as "Thinking" is an atheist Jew pervert who works as an "internet warrior" for the Israeli government. His job is to post salacious and slanderous lies about Muslims.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Accessing higher consciousness is NOT about religion or about feelings, bubba.
Can't you read?
But it is about exactly the type of delusions you can get from drugs. Higher consciousness is simply a delusion brought about by stress on the brain.
Did I say dropping acid makes someone intelligent? No. I said it gives the exact same mystical experience of 'higher consciousness' you get in other ways. Those experiences are delusional.

As for being an 'ignorant atheist loser', the only aspect of that that is true is that I am an atheist.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
But it is about exactly the type of delusions you can get from drugs. Higher consciousness is simply a delusion brought about by stress on the brain.
<quoted text>
Did I say dropping acid makes someone intelligent? No. I said it gives the exact same mystical experience of 'higher consciousness' you get in other ways. Those experiences are delusional.
As for being an 'ignorant atheist loser', the only aspect of that that is true is that I am an atheist.
Yeah right. Like either Einstein or Ramanujan were delusional. You obviously have no knowledge of the subject matter and absolutely no idea of what you're you're talking about. That's why you will never be anything more than the ignorant atheist loser you are.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And *this* is why we cannot simply ignore theists. They are attempting to set up a theocracy in place of our proper secular government.
The reason they wish to enter the schools is because children are easier to indoctrinate.
I mean, they'll believe in anything; Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, et cetera.
Their minds are like putty.
Where education stretches it to keep its elasticity, religion calcifies it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••