Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
11,461 - 11,480 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Diana La Strega Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians lies because their whole religion is a lie. They need their lies to sleep at night.
There's nothing more hateful than an insecure and self-doubting christian.
Long time, Ooogah! How ya been?
I am well, and still hot for you babe!
Thinking

Tisbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Very tempting, but I leave all the lying to the snake oil salespeople on my doorstep.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I would probably tell them I'm a gay satanist and that I'm currently in an orgy, then ask them if they'd like to join.
I like to send them running.
Lincoln LCN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done!
Religion is a disease. It is born of fear; it compensates through hate in the guise of authority, revelation. Religion, enthroned in a powerful social organization, can become incredibly sadistic. No religion has been more cruel than the Christian. However, the Muslims are desperately trying to 'catch uo'!
Why does religion upset those posting/posing as atheists on the thread?
Peace
Thinking

Tisbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

If someone is only posing as an Atheist, then they must be just another lying believer.
Lincoln LCN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does religion upset those posting/posing as atheists on the thread?
Peace

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how atheists are so full of bitterness and anger about a God they think is imaginary.
One would think you could carry on comfortably with your life with your "free-thinking", but our God keeps you worried all the time. That's because you know you are being dishonest with yourself.
Admit it, you're lying.
We don't.
Any bitterness and hatred we might display will be towards the religitards, who claim a god. Now if you wish to pretend that you are the god, as some of the topix religitards regulars certainly do, you just might get your god azz tarred with the same brush.
Until then, just understand, that it is the buybull thumpers and the buybull itself getting trounced upon, we do not trounce a god, beings that are are none to trounce.
Lincoln LCN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>We don't.
Any bitterness and hatred we might display will be towards the religitards, who claim a god. Now if you wish to pretend that you are the god, as some of the topix religitards regulars certainly do, you just might get your god azz tarred with the same brush.
Until then, just understand, that it is the buybull thumpers and the buybull itself getting trounced upon, we do not trounce a god, beings that are are none to trounce.
Amusing to read.
Proofread?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked seismic exploration in the region for 13 years. The oil companies negotiated the leases with the host country governments. We didn't give a shite if it was a blood thirsty dictator or a good old boy running the place. It was business, not politics. Whatever regime was in power wanted us there. Even their opposition, if any, wanted us there. Most of our clients (the big oil companies) worked out of headquarters in The Hague. Your paranoid fantasies can be filed next to your religious ones.
The oil lobby is one of the most powerful political forces in this country. It has spent billions of dollars buying everything from US presidents, federal political appointments, congressional representatives, governors, state legislators, etc to maintain its monopoly of energy resources in this country and use US intelligence agencies and military forces to implement regime changes and wars against every foreign country which has nationalized its oil resources. America's "oil wars" are historical facts, bubba.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
The oil lobby is one of the most powerful political forces in this country. It has spent billions of dollars buying everything from US presidents, federal political appointments, congressional representatives, governors, state legislators, etc to maintain its monopoly of energy resources in this country and use US intelligence agencies and military forces to implement regime changes and wars against every foreign country which has nationalized its oil resources. America's "oil wars" are historical facts, bubba.
Sorry, but your ability to differentiate between fact and fantasy is questionable. The big, bad 'military-industrial-pharmaceu tical complex' boogey man ... ohhhhhh scary. Where do the billions spent go? Our economy maybe? Where do they keep this 'monopoly of energy resources'... that statement has a nice jingle feel to it but is basically meaningless. You need to get your feet on the ground, Bubba. If a blue-collar guy wants to make a decent living, he works in the oil industry. That's here, there and everywhere. Energy is the life blood of our civilization ... who do you think should control it? Obama? LOL. Besides of which, American citizens pay less for their energy than people in any other industrialized nation. Sux for the rest of the world. Your buddy, Al Gore, would sure like to change that!

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but your ability to differentiate between fact and fantasy is questionable. The big, bad 'military-industrial-pharmaceu tical complex' boogey man ... ohhhhhh scary. Where do the billions spent go? Our economy maybe? Where do they keep this 'monopoly of energy resources'... that statement has a nice jingle feel to it but is basically meaningless. You need to get your feet on the ground, Bubba. If a blue-collar guy wants to make a decent living, he works in the oil industry. That's here, there and everywhere. Energy is the life blood of our civilization ... who do you think should control it? Obama? LOL. Besides of which, American citizens pay less for their energy than people in any other industrialized nation. Sux for the rest of the world. Your buddy, Al Gore, would sure like to change that!
First you said: "It should be noted that oil companies are commercial enterprises and not political ones."

When I questioned your intelligence about making such a statement, you reiterated that oil companies were about "business, not politics."

When I responded by stating that the oil lobby is one of the most powerful political forces in the US, your response was to launch a childish personal attack me for saying it and then flip over to defending oil companies' political activities.

I stand corrected. You're not stupid. You're a moron, bubba.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Still supporting the Muslim practice of child brides?
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>First you said: "It should be noted that oil companies are commercial enterprises and not political ones."

When I questioned your intelligence about making such a statement, you reiterated that oil companies were about "business, not politics."

When I responded by stating that the oil lobby is one of the most powerful political forces in the US, your response was to launch a childish personal attack me for saying it and then flip over to defending oil companies' political activities.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
My God, the One you fear.
Quetzacotal it is then!

“Nature--The Only God We Need”

Since: May 13

Christianity :TheGreatest Evil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
We simply don't like the way religious people act, how they use their fairy tales to try and threaten, harm, abuse, discriminate, and so on, others.
Being disgusted at the way religious people treat other people has nothing to do with "bitterness and anger" towards a god that doesn't exist.
You speak a fallacy.
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is not a fairy tale. You know this. And THAT is why you don't like what we say and do.
"Hell" is your childish little threat in your impotent attempt in validating your beliefs by forcing them onto the rest of us.
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really believed that Hell, Jesus, God, Heaven and your Judgement were not real, you wouldn't give a crap about what we do.
We wouldn't give a crap about what you do if you weren't so damned determined to impose your crap on the rest of the world.
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>You're actually verifying what I keep saying to people all around me and that is ATHEISTS DO NOT EXIST.
That last statement doesn't even make sense. But we understand your desperate denials of reality. You're scared.

We non-christians are not.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god there are 30,000 gods, 38,000+ christian sects and 4,000,000,000 hindi gods?
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
My God, the One you fear.
No one fears your god of paper and ink.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oil wars." Oooooh, sinister!

We produce more oil than we import, scooter.

Fundie liberals are just as clueless as fundie christians.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the hatred and bitterness you just denied doing.
This is why I claim that atheism is evil. You express it with every post you make.
Atheists have read the Bible and still want people to perish and burn in Hell.
You are very cruel.
The hatred and bitterness you fundies feel is a result of your own frustrations and ignorance. You were stupid enough to buy the lie, and you can't sell it.

How can atheists "want people to perish and burn in hell" if they don't even believe in your hell? Care to explain that one? Or are you just going to dodge and deflect, like so many other fundies do?

You are very hateful and clueless.

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

That's quite funny.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
First you said: "It should be noted that oil companies are commercial enterprises and not political ones."
Dumb as dirt, Zit ... but at least I'm not a godbot. I guess without their lobbyists and political shenanigans, we'd be running our autos on the secret cosmic energy stored in sea water or something. Why do they need to cheat? We line up in droves for their product. A few days without it and we'd be bartering our first born for a gallon or two. There'd be a great wailing and gnashing of teeth. Maybe you wouldn't miss it, living like you do all self-sufficient on the bitter edge of civilization.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is not a fairy tale.
Show us proof of hell then.
Go on.
Where is it located on a map?
Detroit?
atheism is evil wrote:
You know this.
Actually no.
I know that it's highly improbable that it exists.
I'm 99.99% sure that it doesn't exist because there is no evidence whatsoever for it.
I can say that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real and that you know that, we all know that.
Though that would be lying.
I'll leave that to you.
atheism is evil wrote:
And THAT is why you don't like what we say and do.
Once again, wrong.
You love to lie, it seems.
I don't like people like you because you discriminate, you think you are above others, you choose to believe in something and then claim everyone else should believe because you do, and so on.
Your kind killed millions in the name of your god, from the Inquisition to the Dark Ages to the lynches performed by the KKK, an extremist religious group.

I don't like what you say or do because it's immoral, not because of some fairy tale.
atheism is evil wrote:
If you really believed that Hell, Jesus, God, Heaven and your Judgement were not real, you wouldn't give a crap about what we do.
How does that make sense?
You're ruining peoples' lives with your hate and attempts to force religion on others.
That fact that I don't believe in your fairy tales is actually all the more reason to speak out against your kind of hateful filth.
If I believed in your fairy tales like you do, then I would have reason not to care. For you and your ilk seem not to care what happens in this world, but only what happens in the "next."
atheism is evil wrote:
You're actually verifying what I keep saying to people all around me and that is ATHEISTS DO NOT EXIST.
You have yet to substantiate that claim, and reality proves you wrong.
You are quite literally insane if you believe the others and I here don't exist.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
We simply don't like the way religious people act, how they use their fairy tales to try and threaten, harm, abuse, discriminate, and so on, others.
Being disgusted at the way religious people treat other people has nothing to do with "bitterness and anger" towards a god that doesn't exist.
You speak a fallacy.
<quoted text>
"Hell" is your childish little threat in your impotent attempt in validating your beliefs by forcing them onto the rest of us.
<quoted text>
We wouldn't give a crap about what you do if you weren't so damned determined to impose your crap on the rest of the world.
<quoted text>
That last statement doesn't even make sense. But we understand your desperate denials of reality. You're scared.
We non-christians are not.
We don't exist to him.
We're just another stage of psychotic hallucinations he's going through.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>

You are very hateful and clueless.
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Extreme projection. You seem to want to kill Christians.
Why the name change, Just Results?

Yeah, I know who you are.

Everybody, this is Just Results, a flaming radical hyper superfundie who posts hate on the "Why I'm No Longer A Christian" thread. He has a number of socks, most notable of which is a grayboxer known as "Gut Stomper." He's got about six or seven other socks, and he thinks he's really clever about changing his name--but his ISP location is always the same.

Now he's come to ruin this thread.

Just thought y'all ought to know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••