Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14656 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#11839 Jun 14, 2013
Catch22 wrote:
<quoted text>And what about Christians who have been killing in the name of God and his son for close to 2,000 years? Do they just get a it's A-Ok because of popular belief and the brutal nature. Would all of Eroupe be under Christian rule thatis not part of the society but of most governments? How about how the Catholic church helping the Nazi's in some countries during WW2? I mean did anyone put down the Vatican for helping Hitler turn countries into Vatican strongholds?? Hitler gets known as one of the worse men whoever lived, but the institution that did not turn a blind eye to his doing just gets a pass? Like hello the vatican was on hitlers side.There were bishops running the states Hitler invaded,but that was all ok? But how dare a Muslim attack anyone in there faith. If anything Muslims are being used because of the lack of knowledge people have on there culture and faith. The western world has been brain washed to believe all they been told to hate the muslim world just like, the muslim world is raised to hate the western world. Atleast the Muslims have good reason to hate the western world, they are used as puppets for a rich mans game,. and all these rich men hide behind the cross. But as I said , nobody has ever put down the Vatican for helping Hitler, that his hidden history, but it oh so real.
The "rich mans game" is run in their own countries, by their own leaders as they screw over the people they govern. Buying product at the OPEC rates and reselling it for a nice profit is the "rich mans game" over here. It's also known as 'commerce' or 'meeting the laws of supply and demand'. If there's anything inherently evil about commerce then we are all damned, because we all participate. Even Omar the Camel Jockey pays for his flea powder. I've been to a dozen Middle East countries and they all got commerce. Some of 'em got lots of Mercedes Benz and Rolls Royces on the streets as well. There's probably more luxury vehicles per capita in the Middle East than anywhere else in the world. Certainly more than in the good, old USA where most people have to work for a living. We seem to get by without importing slaves from Ethiopia, the Far East and poor Muslim countries.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#11840 Jun 14, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, but still you'd think that ... <sigh> ...
I know...it's sad, but that's how it is.

Montreal

#11841 Jun 14, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I just tell them I'm Catholic. They flush, begin to sweat and depart post haste. A representative from 'The One True Church' scares the hell out of 'em, I guess. If they happen to be Catholic, I tell them I'm Jewish. Turns out they're not fond of the folks who 'murdered Jesus'. The Catholic thing works well for the rare Southern Baptist who wanders by. Main thing is to not look them in the eye. They think you like them if you look them in the eye.
Maybe I'll just scream and bang on the door when I see them through the peephole.

Texas, USA

#11842 Jun 14, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I'll just scream and bang on the door when I see them through the peephole.
That may tempt them to rescue you!

Montreal

#11843 Jun 14, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>That may tempt them to rescue you!
Hmmmm...come out dual-wielding large knives?

Montreal

#11844 Jun 14, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>That may tempt them to rescue you!
I know, I'll come out dual-wielding large knives!
I'll put a big smile on my face, maniacal-like, and ask them if they'd like to come inside.

Texas, USA

#11845 Jun 14, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm...come out dual-wielding large knives?
That oughta do it.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#11846 Jun 14, 2013
When bible/ book of Mormon bangers come to my door I have just pointed and laughed at them. Like really not say anything just point and laugh. Well I did once laugh at a Mormon who had a pokemon backpack! I just had to keep joking about that. He was like in his 30s easily and turned brick red :))

It's great for the lungs, your mood and the look on their face brings me smiles for days.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe I'll just scream and bang on the door when I see them through the peephole.

Texas, USA

#11847 Jun 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
When bible/ book of Mormon bangers come to my door I have just pointed and laughed at them. Like really not say anything just point and laugh. Well I did once laugh at a Mormon who had a pokemon backpack! I just had to keep joking about that. He was like in his 30s easily and turned brick red :))
It's great for the lungs, your mood and the look on their face brings me smiles for days.
<quoted text>
Laughter ... the best medicine.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#11848 Jun 14, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, we need your energy resources, which BTW we have and will continue to pay dearly for. Please note that it is the power structures (government & religious leaders) within Middle East countries who profit from these oil sales. They then do everything they can to convince 'the people' that we are the 'real' enemy. It apparently isn't that difficult to mislead a country of well trained godbots, at least not when you're part of a multi-generational dictatorship that everyone has come to know and love or a trusted religious leader.
We went to Afghanistan and Iraq in the (really stupid) hope that installing a couple 'seed' democracy's and their subsequent prosperity, would spread peace and goodwill for America throughout the Middle East. We thought maybe this would help keep your suicidal zealot jihadists from wanting to take themselves out by crashing airliners full of innocent people into buildings. What we didn't realize is that 'freedom' is a terrifying and alien concept
to people who have essentially been puppets all their lives.
Believe me, if and when we develop alternate energy sources, we will be more than happy to "leave Islam and Muslims alone" especially if you promise to return the favor.
Why it is "unfortunate" that you have to depend on our energy resources?

That shows that you are still indebted to the Muslim world.

And it is not the energy that ties your world to Islam, there is another link and that is the "Postage stamp like" Zionist state of Isreal.

In fact that Zionist state is the major cause of conflict between Muslim world and Western world.

That is the root cause of hate and hatred and violence, from which all these so called cases of violence originate.

Remove that evil tree from our lands and you will find that hate and hatred and violence is reduced to a large extent.

Pass on this message to ears of every one in your govt. you has ears to listen.

Montreal

#11849 Jun 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
That's actually a good idea...too bad, I was pretty attached to the knives thing.

Louisville, KY

#11850 Jun 14, 2013
Indeed I enjoy life and life is too short to be miserable like the religious goons are.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Laughter ... the best medicine.

Louisville, KY

#11851 Jun 14, 2013
To each his own but of course :)
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>That's actually a good idea...too bad, I was pretty attached to the knives thing.

Texas, USA

#11852 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why it is "unfortunate" that you have to depend on our energy resources?
That shows that you are still indebted to the Muslim world.
And it is not the energy that ties your world to Islam, there is another link and that is the "Postage stamp like" Zionist state of Isreal.
In fact that Zionist state is the major cause of conflict between Muslim world and Western world.
That is the root cause of hate and hatred and violence, from which all these so called cases of violence originate.
Remove that evil tree from our lands and you will find that hate and hatred and violence is reduced to a large extent.
Pass on this message to ears of every one in your govt. you has ears to listen.
It's unfortunate because it forces us to have to deal with unsavory regimes. By dealing with them, we are supporting them. It should be noted that oil companies are commercial enterprises and not political ones. If Israel were to disappear tomorrow, nothing would change. The Shites and the Sunnis would still want to kill each other, we would still be Infidels and your ridiculous governments would simply find another Straw Boogeyman to frighten and distract you with. Frankly, I get the Torah and the Qur'an mixed up all the time. You're all just a bunch of religious whackos who keep themselves on the world stage only by virtue of the intensity of your insanity.

Since: May 11

UK

#11853 Jun 15, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You only hope this happens. Lol.
It is happening, in 1963 90% of your country was christian, today it's 76% and falling.

They are not joining other faiths, they are just dying. When the baby boomer generation and their parents(who are at the end of their lives) shuffle off this mortal coil, you're going to see an even steeper decline.

I know that facts are not conducive to pain free faith but that's just the way it is. You can argue as much as you like and pray to big 'd', junior and old spooky until you're sweating blood but this will not change the fact that in the 21st century people are not unsophisticated Hitite tribesmen from the middle east who want to know why the sun comes up and goes down every night. Religion is for the still simple minded.

Carry on bleating, only sheep need a shepherd.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#11854 Jun 15, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
It is happening, in 1963 90% of your country was christian, today it's 76% and falling.
They are not joining other faiths, they are just dying. When the baby boomer generation and their parents(who are at the end of their lives) shuffle off this mortal coil, you're going to see an even steeper decline.
I know that facts are not conducive to pain free faith but that's just the way it is. You can argue as much as you like and pray to big 'd', junior and old spooky until you're sweating blood but this will not change the fact that in the 21st century people are not unsophisticated Hitite tribesmen from the middle east who want to know why the sun comes up and goes down every night. Religion is for the still simple minded.
Carry on bleating, only sheep need a shepherd.
Your interpretation of what the stats mean, 90% dropping to 76%, is wishful thinking, bubba.

People in the US, especially the baby boomer generation people like me, are leaving dogmatic organized religions because they've discovered the truth--that many so-called "Christian" churches teach man-made religion and their doctrines have nothing to do with the real God or what Jesus actually taught 2000 years ago. People in the US aren't losing their faith in God; they are finding it.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#11855 Jun 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
....In fact that Zionist state is the major cause of conflict between Muslim world and Western world....
Zionism and Islamism is the same affliction. Religious tribalism is the problem.

R Hill points out that Islamists will kill each other anyway, even without Israeli appartheid and injustice.

Everything you write is ignorant Islamic gibberish, Muq.
Lincoln

United States

#11856 Jun 15, 2013
First Amendment Case

The Supreme Court agreed Monday to consider whether prayers can be offered at government meetings -- a practice that's been common in Congress and throughout the states for more than two centuries.

The religious expression case, which comes to the court from the town of Greece, N.Y., focuses on the first 10 words of the First Amendment, ratified in 1791: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion."

That Establishment Clause was violated, the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals ruled last year, when the Greece Town Board repeatedly used Christian clergy to conduct prayers at the start of its public meetings. The decision created a rift with other appeals courts that have upheld prayer at public meetings, prompting the justices to step in.

Alliance Defending Freedom, an Arizona-based Christian non-profit group, appealed the case to the Supreme Court. It is supported in separate briefs by 49 mostly Republican members of Congress and 18 state attorneys general.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...

“Nature--The Only God We Need”

Since: May 13

Christianity :TheGreatest Evil

#11857 Jun 15, 2013
But when christians say the follow no religion, are they attempting to claim--as did Bill O'Reilly--that christianity is not really a religion, but rather a philosophy?'Cause if they do, they're wrong.

“Nature--The Only God We Need”

Since: May 13

Christianity :TheGreatest Evil

#11858 Jun 15, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Your interpretation of what the stats mean, 90% dropping to 76%, is wishful thinking, bubba.
People in the US, especially the baby boomer generation people like me, are leaving dogmatic organized religions because they've discovered the truth--that many so-called "Christian" churches teach man-made religion and their doctrines have nothing to do with the real God or what Jesus actually taught 2000 years ago. People in the US aren't losing their faith in God; they are finding it.
*All* religions are man-made; they do not just spontaneously appear from the ether to possess the believer.

Christianity is just one of thousands of man-made religions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 9 min Eric 226,010
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Jul 4 Pam 11
News What is Asatru? (Dec '10) Jul 3 ex pagan 2
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun 23 Drake_Burrwood 1
News Illogical Religious Positions? Jun 15 Looney Tunes 1
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 14 Davglix 107
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Jun 12 MakesUBeGone 2
More from around the web