Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14736 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#11759 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't given evidence. You just give articles of what you have read. You personally just belong to a group and claim yourself something that you know nothing about. Basically you have never done experiments at all or you haven't proven evolution. Keep trying.
How can you even use this line of reasoning? What 'experiments' have you done, what proof do you have of God, Jesus, Yahweh, Allah, Creator Bill ... whatever?

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#11760 Jun 13, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going with 'bnzo'... sounds like science to me. Religions, for instance, are philosophical in nature and routinely reject / ignore 'new data'. Dogma is non-absorbent. Calling something a "theory" keeps it from ever becoming dogma.
I still think evolution is still philosophical. Unfortunately for all, nobody knows what really happens until they actually die.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#11761 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no knowledge of this? Really?
I want to know if you do .... so please define Complexity.

#11762 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
.......Prove I came from a primate.
You ARE a primate! That's obvious to the casual observer! NEXT!!!

#11763 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I still think evolution is still philosophical. Unfortunately for all, nobody knows what really happens until they actually die.
Q: What do a Slow Loris, aye-aye, and a chimpanzee have in common??

A: They are all more intelligent primates than Christians.

Texas, USA

#11764 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
So you see something and claim it? You haven't found evolution. You have made no such experiments to prove evolution. You just read. So how do you know that what you've read is true?
Look at this cool article, chosen completely at random ... from the Web's "Science Daily" site.

" http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/05/... ;

So ... how do you know something you've read is "true"?

1. The source.

Been visiting "Science Daily" daily for years. Never once found anything even vaguely sensational or counter-intuitive there.

2. References.

Every article has links to the original papers and the parent institutions.

3. Community.

A lot of people I trust reference these articles.

Texas, USA

#11765 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
The concept has been incorporated into philosophy since it seems antithetical to religious 'theories'. Of course, nobody claims religious views are 'theories'... they claim them as fact. Facts that NOBODY can agree upon certainly aren't facts. There's absolutely nothing in Science or Nature to suggest that ANYTHING happens after death. At least nothing that has to do with some remnant of your persona surviving. It would be nice. My heaven would be the ability to flit around the Universe at the Speed of Thought. What wonders to behold. Maybe look up a few friends, have a few beers, a few laughs. We can console ourselves that our atoms will contribute to a future round of star formation ... perhaps being incorporated into some new life form. The immortality we all long for.

Location hidden

#11766 Jun 13, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>I want to know if you do .... so please define Complexity.
Stop with your educational barrier. I do know what it means, the question is, do you? Admit you don't and I will explain.

Location hidden

#11768 Jun 13, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Look at this cool article, chosen completely at random ... from the Web's "Science Daily" site.

" http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/05/... ;

So ... how do you know something you've read is "true"?

1. The source.

Been visiting "Science Daily" daily for years. Never once found anything even vaguely sensational or counter-intuitive there.

2. References.

Every article has links to the original papers and the parent institutions.

3. Community.

A lot of people I trust reference these articles.
While I read, have you done any fishing?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#11769 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop with your educational barrier. I do know what it means, the question is, do you? Admit you don't and I will explain.
I will freely admit I don't understand what you appear to think it means.

so - please explain.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#11770 Jun 13, 2013
It is funny when bible bangers like him wail and weep about the ever growing mountain of evidence backing up evolution, yet they think that we coming from dirt makes perfect sense.

Just get a some dirt, wave a magic wand, say the magic words abracadabra Jesus and poof! Mankind!

Lol!
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>What happened before your god?
Prove I come from clay.
(All of us have already given you our evidence, you have yet to give any for your claims)

Texas, USA

#11771 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
While I read, have you done any fishing?
None.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#11772 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't given evidence. You just give articles of what you have read. You personally just belong to a group and claim yourself something that you know nothing about. Basically you have never done experiments at all or you haven't proven evolution. Keep trying.
You didn't provide any proof we came from clay.

How is evolving from apes more impossible than the myth of being made from clay?

Montreal

#11773 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You know you're not laughing. All you are doing is pretending to laugh.
How do you "know" I'm not laughing?
I can assure you, all your posts make me laugh.

#11774 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, intelligence is a perception that you have about theists because you like to use the social barrier to attempt to feel smarter.
Actually, there is an established inverse relationship IQ&Education vs Religion.

#11775 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting to see your definition of Complexity. Got one? Thought not!!

Montreal

#11776 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Evidence by who? You? Did you find this evidence?
You didn't answer the question:
Why are you denying evolution, a fact that has tons of evidence for it, yet you believe in something that has ZERO evidence for it?

Montreal

#11777 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>So it's my fault that the Government has no laws to prevent this? Do you assume that I support this? Why? Stalin was an atheist and killed many. Did you support this?
Did I say you supported it?
Learn to read.

Montreal

#11778 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Again, intelligence is a perception that you have about theists because you like to use the social barrier to attempt to feel smarter.
Why do you keep talking of "barriers"?
You have a barrier in your own mind and that's the only thing preventing you from being even mildly intelligent.
You refuse to look at facts, refuse to believe factual events/items, and yet you believe wholeheartedly in things that have no evidence whatsoever for them.

Montreal

#11779 Jun 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Social barrier
Intelligence barrier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) Sat yehoshooah adam 256,363
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) May 26 Tete Rouge 119
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Apr '17 Jogirl 52
News Magic 101: Who was Aleister Crowley? (Mar '11) Apr '17 skeptic 176
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb '17 guest 119
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Feb '17 Not a modern Chri... 15
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb '17 stalk this 19
More from around the web