Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 532)

Showing posts 10,621 - 10,640 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Carl Sagan was an idiot. Now he's a dead idiot.
Had some cool sweaters, though.
Coming from the guy who believes that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs and that fossils aren't "really there".

Also such greats as: water turning into wine and singing bushes.

All creationists are mentally ill and its a fact.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. "Truth will set you free" has many shades of meanings and in such issues there is flexibility and it is not a Dogma.
02. I know that Muslims got divided into sects and each one is giving importance to their own interpretations.
When humans try to understand scripture, there is bound to be some difference of opinions and some disagreements, but they have to be within limits and people should not make sects and each start arguing and condemning others.
03. Sufi teachings based on Quran and sayings and actions of prophet are laudable and no one is against them.
But when some one leaves straight path and starts giving more importance to their visions and their mystical experiences which go against direct teachings of Quran and ways of prophet, they have to be rejected.
Teachings of all past prophets have some basics in common.
We're not sure why you lie about god online to people. Maybe you didn't have a good upbringing?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Scientific honesty makes theist trolls shake in fear.

All of them run away when asked to prove the god they are lying about.

ITS BEEN CENTURIES FFS - YOU CAN STOP LYING NOW!.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Other claims made by your poster boy Jastrow:

"...tobacco was having no effect, that Acid Rain was not caused by human emissions, that ozone was not depleted by CFCs, that pesticides were not environmentally harmful..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Jastrow#V...

Looks like you're in love with another loony tunes, blubber.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, bubba. Robert Jastrow did get Apollo 11 to the moon.
"Now we see how the astronomical evidence supports the biblical view of the origin of the world. The details differ, but the essential elements in the astronomical and biblical accounts of Genesis are the same: the chain of events leading to man commenced suddenly and sharply at a definite moment in time, in a flash of light and energy."
-- Nobel Laureate Robert Jastrow--first chairman of NASA’s Lunar Exploration Committee, which established the scientific goals for the exploration of the moon during the Apollo lunar landings. Chief of the Theoretical Division at NASA, founding director of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies, Professor of Geophysics at Columbia University, Professor of Earth Sciences at Dartmouth College, Member of the NASA Alumni Association, Founder and Chairman Emeritus of the George C. Marshall Institute, and Director Emeritus of Mount Wilson Observatory and Hale Solar Laboratory.
Like a stake through your poor ol' atheist heart, huh?
Bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaha..........
FULL OF SPIRIT

Angeles City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

VERY SAD NO ETERNAL PAPA TO HELP THEM--IF YOU DENY ME I WILL DENY YOU WHEN THE TIME COMES--REMEMBER SATAN IS THE FATHER OF THE EARTH HE WILL REWARD YOU IN YOUR DEALINGS. But anyway have a Peaceful LIFE. AMEN

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Often their family threatens them with violence. Like when the president of that Muslim outreach group brutally beheaded his wife?

That's how you beasts behave.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Is it not strange that Muslims in western countries still adhere to Islam?

Who is threatening them with death?

And how about Non Muslims accepting Islam?

PS:

There is no "historical proof" that our prophet even existed!! This is great, what historical proof you are talking about?

Have you Historical proof that Moses, or Abraham or Jesus existed?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Often their family threatens them with violence. Like when the president of that Muslim outreach group brutally beheaded his wife?
That's how you beasts behave.
<quoted text>
So that keeps ALL The Muslims terrified? That is very nice, why cant you use them on your people also?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So that keeps ALL The Muslims terrified? That is very nice, why cant you use them on your people also?
Still no comment from you about your religion abusing, raping and murdering little girls.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Carl Sagan was an idiot. Now he's a dead idiot.
Had some cool sweaters, though.
Mr `Crick` you are the person who in a previous incarnation actually aspired to being(and claimed the identity of) a convict serving jail time for violent offences. If you aspires to the calibre of that person I can only imagine your current circumstances with dread...

Excuse us if we treat your point of view regarding Carl Sagan as slightly less than...salient.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr `Crick` you are the person who in a previous incarnation actually aspired to being(and claimed the identity of) a convict serving jail time for violent offences. If you aspires to the calibre of that person I can only imagine your current circumstances with dread...
Excuse us if we treat your point of view regarding Carl Sagan as slightly less than...salient.
Excuse you I shall.

Shalom.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse you I shall.
Shalom.
Creationist psychopath who doesn't know when to stop lying about god.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse you I shall.
Shalom.
These are the weasel responses we should expect when creationist trolls get cornered.

They always have something ignorant to say about homosexuals, women, abortion, science and atheism.

But when it comes to their own lives, they go silent - because that's what dishonest theist liars do.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
These are the weasel responses we should expect when creationist trolls get cornered.
They always have something ignorant to say about homosexuals, women, abortion, science and atheism.
But when it comes to their own lives, they go silent - because that's what dishonest theist liars do.
Mr `Crick` considers astrology to be a science. He often speaks disparagingly regarding women and strangely enough for a misogynist he has a penchant for physically `large` men as his avatar.

Make of that what you will...
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
..he has a penchant for physically `large` men as his avatar.
LOL.
CunningLinguist

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it not strange that Muslims in western countries still adhere to Islam?
Who is threatening them with death?
And how about Non Muslims accepting Islam?
PS:
There is no "historical proof" that our prophet even existed!! This is great, what historical proof you are talking about?
Have you Historical proof that Moses, or Abraham or Jesus existed?
Thou art deceived...

The earliest source of information for the life of Muhammad in a historical context (ca. 570/571 – June 8, 632 AD) is the Qur'an, which gives very little information, and its historicity has also been questioned.Next in importance is the s&#299;ra literature and Hadith, which survive in the historical works by writers of second, third, and fourth centuries of the Muslim era (c. 700&#8722;1000 AD). There are also a few non-Muslim sources which are valuable both in themselves and for comparison with Muslim sources.

Attempts to distinguish between the historical elements and the unhistorical elements of many of the reports of Muhammad have not been very successful. A major source of difficulty in the quest for the historical Muhammad is the modern lack of knowledge about pre-Islamic Arabia.

At present, the study of Muhammad, the founder of the Muslim community, is obviously caught in a dilemma. On the one hand, it is not possible to write a historical biography of the Prophet without being accused of using the sources uncritically, while on the other hand, when using the sources critically, it is simply not possible to write such a biography.

The main source on Muhammad's life are Muslim sources written in Arabic, which include the Qur'an and accounts of Muhammad's life written down by later Muslims, based on oral traditions. These sources are known as s&#299;ra and hadith.

There are also non-Muslim sources written in Greek, Syriac, Armenian, and Hebrew by the Jewish and Christian communities. These non-Muslim written sources go back to about 636 AD and many of the interesting ones date to within some decades later.

HEARSAY is NOT 'evidence'.
CunningLinguist

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. No Sizable and Devoted following only does not make some one a "True Prophet"?
But at least they are one of the criterion of a True Prophet, that his teachings and followers pass the test of time.
The real test of a True prophet is in his teachings.
2. To qualify you r own actions as within International Law, is patting yourself on the back.
Which International law was followed when USA attacked Iraq in 2003?
Its request for attack was rejected by the Security council, so it bypassed the UNO itself and launched the attack?
Is that what you call as following International Law?
The so called Superpower has made International law as a mockery.
3. I will say the same about your comment that it is absurd and I also leave it. Tit for tat. Another provision of so called International Law.!!
1. I would think you could expect reliable prophecies from a good prophet. Knowledge of things that no one could know. Did your favorite prophet make any good guesses?

2. I'm going strictly from memory here. I seem to recall warnings, UN sanctions & resolutions, blockades, the formation of a rather formidable multi-national coalition and lots of diplomats exercising their skills (to no avail) before a single shot was fired or bomb dropped. We had the co-operation of the Saudis (our dearest friends) and many other Arab nations giving their implicit approval or at least promising to turn their heads the other way.

I also remember, after the shooting started, the cowardly use of 'human shields' and Iraq's most elite troops surrendering in droves. You people don't even know how to fight for yourselves or your convictions honorably. Yet, you will disfigure young girls for 'honor' reasons while chanting prayers out of your holy books.

I'm not saying the entire effort wasn't CRAZY. You can't 'give' people democracy and freedom. It's like continually giving a child money ... they have no appreciation for it, they do not know the VALUE of it. We should have zapped Sadam, cleaned house a little bit and got the HELL out of there. Same goes for Afghanistan. We got what we came for, get out.

Was it illegal? I don't think so. Was it INSANE, FABULOUSLY EXPENSIVE and ultimately POINTLESS?'Fraid so.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

It keeps a large number and you know it. If Islam were true it wouldn't need to have honor killings and such it could gain and keep members on it's own merits. Since violence is needed this shows it is faulty.

We civilized people who use deodorant have no need for such barbaric practices like you beasts.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>So that keeps ALL The Muslims terrified? That is very nice, why cant you use them on your people also?
CunningLinguist

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I would think you could expect reliable prophecies from a good prophet. Knowledge of things that no one could know. Did your favorite prophet make any good guesses?
2. I'm going strictly from memory here. I seem to recall warnings, UN sanctions & resolutions, blockades, the formation of a rather formidable multi-national coalition and lots of diplomats exercising their skills (to no avail) before a single shot was fired or bomb dropped. We had the co-operation of the Saudis (our dearest friends) and many other Arab nations giving their implicit approval or at least promising to turn their heads the other way.
I also remember, after the shooting started, the cowardly use of 'human shields' and Iraq's most elite troops surrendering in droves. You people don't even know how to fight for yourselves or your convictions honorably. Yet, you will disfigure young girls for 'honor' reasons while chanting prayers out of your holy books.
I'm not saying the entire effort wasn't CRAZY. You can't 'give' people democracy and freedom. It's like continually giving a child money ... they have no appreciation for it, they do not know the VALUE of it. We should have zapped Sadam, cleaned house a little bit and got the HELL out of there. Same goes for Afghanistan. We got what we came for, get out.
Was it illegal? I don't think so. Was it INSANE, FABULOUSLY EXPENSIVE and ultimately POINTLESS?'Fraid so.
YES... it was illegal
Iraq did not contain the WMD as advertised.
A sovereign country was invaded on a pretense.

Dubya and the US govt thought it was on a crusade.
They expected to be viewed as heros.
IF they had killed Saddam and left, maybe... as it turns out... NO

Did they study their enemy or the history of such attempts. NO!

It is more than merely land... it is a culture foreign to the USA.

This is "The UNITED STATES OF JESUS" <ROLLS EYES> where all things 'Jesus' are good...

except for our youth, they are squandered for politics in useless, illegal wars, with NO GAIN and lots of PAIN.

I once was taught we fought for freedom. Really?
Whom have we freed since WWII?

At what expense?

Was it worth it? not just no... but HELL NO!

Observation... on the wild side!

While we did eventually get bin Laden, had our government contacted the mafia in Sicily, as they did during WWII to have Nazi's killed, Osama would have been dead long ago, and rather cheap at that! <sarcasm>

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr `Crick` considers astrology to be a science. He often speaks disparagingly regarding women and strangely enough for a misogynist he has a penchant for physically `large` men as his avatar.
I do not, nor have I ever, considered astrology a science.

I put it on the same plane, scientifically, with modern day climatology and global warming.

I speak disparagingly of nearly everyone.

You are campaigning for inclusion in that cadre as we speak.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 10,621 - 10,640 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Easter message is the Resurrection not the ... 31 min Sol 1
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 44 min I KEEL U 2 DETH 193,587
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... 1 hr charles in charge 55
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) 9 hr Lmhw 9
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) 12 hr PINCH111 74
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) Thu PINCH111 284
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... Thu PINCH111 5
•••
•••