Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14659 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#10922 May 18, 2013
They were violent barbarians who killed unarmed people who had surrendered and then raped little girls like Muhammad right?

The prophet Muhammad's parents were not married so he was a bastard yes?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>First, do you know who are prophets and what are their qualities?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#10923 May 19, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
<shrug> As would "warp drive" but I don't believe that is a real thing either.
Well ... there's some 'science fun' to be had exploring these topics and, I suppose, some magazines to be sold. To accept them unconditionally or uncritically would be falling into the same fallacious mindset the godbots suffer under. On the one hand ... I can see that. On the other hand ... they're like 'science gone wild' and intellectually titillating, like science wearing a bikini. I like it!

" http://www.space.com/17628-warp-drive-possibl... ;

Texas, USA

#10924 May 19, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. RAW is enough of an anarchist to potentially not mind.
Truthfully, his property is probably safe with me. What was once a passion has become more of a chore ... even with large fonts!

Texas, USA

#10925 May 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. You are very right, we take the words of Prophet as Truth. And we have reasons to believe that Prophets always speak the truth.
God does not pick any Tom, Dick and Harry as His prophet. The prophets lead a blameless life both before the are given the mission and after they get the mission.
02. Theoretically it could be true, but not practically. No prophet of God ever was untrue to his mission and used that office for any personal gain or position.
Considering that you "trust" your nation and its safety and security to such people whom you elect as President and Prime ministers, knowing fully well, how cunning and cheats they are.
When you have no problem seeing your countries taken to illegal wars and killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people, why should you place that charge on prophets of God?
01 And what reasons might those be? You know, Ooogah Boogah is forcing me to re-evaluate my own critical thinking process, my minds-eye warping around the multiverse with such wild abandon. Maybe I have no right to judge, but ... you seem excessively gullible.

02 I maintain that 'Prophet of God' is a desirable position amongst mere mortals and some people might feel compelled to stretch the truth to attain it. I feel pretty much the same way towards our 'elected officials', whom I trust not at all.

When I believe my country is engaged in 'illegal wars' or 'killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people' I get to signal my protest by applying my vote. It ain't much, but it's what we get in a representative democracy. You really should try it sometime.

Judging the legality of wars or the innocence of people is not the business we are engaged in here or now. It should be pointed out that either the Christian god condones or your god is powerless to protect ... neither is worthy of so much as a single prayer.

Texas, USA

#10926 May 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, this is written by you!!
It has your "signature word" all along!!
Carry on, my dear, carry on!!
That's not much of a rebuttal, MUQ. Considering the level of depravity we are discussing here, you've done virtually nothing to convince anyone that these are not common, everyday practices. I would really like the matter put into some kind of believable perspective. It's certainly pertinent if we want to reasonably define what are 'illegal wars' and 'innocent' people.

Subjugating and torturing half (the female half) of your population brings your 'innocence' into doubt and frankly, justifies just about any means to bring about change. Furthermore, since it seems 'appeasement' is the policy of our current government, this is causing me to hold Washington in even less regard.

Not that anyone cares. My vote has already been cast for all the good it has done.
S B Y

United States

#10927 May 19, 2013
lies and lives

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10928 May 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
First, do you know who are prophets and what are their qualities?
You need to focus on proving your god. Then you will get some respect around here, and in the real world too.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#10930 May 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in prophets.

“MiamiCorrupt”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#10931 May 19, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey LuLu,
Nice to see you.

I don't believe in prophets either .

“MiamiCorrupt”

Location hidden

#10932 May 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You live under Wahhabism which is a constrictive , anti-woman ideology not to mention your royal family and high ranking officials are completely above the laws .

Funny thing is women are the glue which hold society together, let's be honest, it is not men.

I didn't see it till I was in the over-seas in the Army and yet Islam and Christian conservatives have some sick attitudes towards women.

Perhaps both religions are the devils helpers.

“MiamiCorrupt”

Location hidden

#10933 May 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
They were violent barbarians who killed unarmed people who had surrendered and then raped little girls like Muhammad right?
The prophet Muhammad's parents were not married so he was a bastard yes?
<quoted text>
Never mind paste tense, the Taliban will go into a village and kill half the people there but their greatest targets are women and children.

Lexington, KY

#10934 May 19, 2013
True and Muq has called these barbarians heroes!

He approves the butchering of women and selling children into marriages with disgusting old men.
Jose - in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>Never mind paste tense, the Taliban will go into a village and kill half the people there but their greatest targets are women and children.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#10935 May 19, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not much of a rebuttal, MUQ. Considering the level of depravity we are discussing here, you've done virtually nothing to convince anyone that these are not common, everyday practices. I would really like the matter put into some kind of believable perspective. It's certainly pertinent if we want to reasonably define what are 'illegal wars' and 'innocent' people.
Subjugating and torturing half (the female half) of your population brings your 'innocence' into doubt and frankly, justifies just about any means to bring about change. Furthermore, since it seems 'appeasement' is the policy of our current government, this is causing me to hold Washington in even less regard.
Not that anyone cares. My vote has already been cast for all the good it has done.
It's too bad the US doesn't "rendition" our pedophiles to the Saudis....

Paedophile to be beheaded and crucified in Saudi Arabia for string of sex attacks where he left toddler to die in desert

A man in Saudi Arabia is to be beheaded and crucified after he raped five children and left one of them, a three-year-old boy, to die in the desert.
An appeal court in the capital Riyadh approved the death sentence handed down in June by judges in the northwestern oasis city of Hail where the convicted 22-year-old man carried out his crimes.

The rapist - who was not named - was arrested several weeks ago as he tried to seize another boy after offering him a ride home from school.
The seven-year-old - who escaped unharmed - helped identify the culprit.
The mans victims were aged between three and seven. He was said to have lured them into his car as they left school at midday and then drove them to remote desert locations to rape them.

An investigation was launched after a 25-year-old father reported that his three-year-old son was missing and that he suspected the kidnapper to be a male driver of a white four-wheel drive vehicle.
The infant was later found under a scorching sun in the desert where he had died of thirst.

A panel of three judges in Hail sentenced the rapist to death for abhorrent crimes which they said had terrorised the community.
Crucifixion in the conservative desert Kingdom means tying the convicts body to wooden beams to be displayed to the public after he is decapitated by a professional swordsman.

Saudi Arabia has executed 56 people this year under laws that allow the death penalty for rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12250...
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#10936 May 19, 2013
Speaking of prophets...

Edgar Cayce was a famous prophet.

Unlike the prophets of fantasy, many of his predictions came true.

His story is compelling no matter what your religious views.

Each year, the A.R.E. Headquarters in Virginia Beach attracts tens of thousands of individuals from around the world vacationers, scholars, researchers, philosophers, health care professionals, and students of all kinds.

For countless reasons, these individuals come to investigate the information that Cayce brought forth in his psychic "readings" and discover for themselves how that material is being used today in the fields of health, personal spirituality, intuition, education, and research, and to promote spiritual development at both individual and global levels.

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#10937 May 19, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Believing is the second part, first tell me do you know who are prophets and what is their role?

If you do not know that, what would you believe in?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#10938 May 19, 2013
R Hill wrote:
1. 01 And what reasons might those be? You know, Ooogah Boogah is forcing me to re-evaluate my own critical thinking process, my minds-eye warping around the multiverse with such wild abandon. Maybe I have no right to judge, but ... you seem excessively gullible.

02 I maintain that 'Prophet of God' is a desirable position amongst mere mortals and some people might feel compelled to stretch the truth to attain it. I feel pretty much the same way towards our 'elected officials', whom I trust not at all.

When I believe my country is engaged in 'illegal wars' or 'killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people' I get to signal my protest by applying my vote. It ain't much, but it's what we get in a representative democracy. You really should try it sometime.

Judging the legality of wars or the innocence of people is not the business we are engaged in here or now. It should be pointed out that either the Christian god condones or your god is powerless to protect ... neither is worthy of so much as a single prayer.

2. That's not much of a rebuttal, MUQ. Considering the level of depravity we are discussing here, you've done virtually nothing to convince anyone that these are not common, everyday practices. I would really like the matter put into some kind of believable perspective. It's certainly pertinent if we want to reasonably define what are 'illegal wars' and 'innocent' people.

Ans.

1. I do not know what Oogah-Boogah is doing to you. I am concerened with my post and how you answer it.

Yes prophet of God is very "desirable" post that is why so many false claimant rose in the past. But no one remembers them any more, only the Real Prophets of God have got sizable followings.

2. So if "you" do not think that your country is engaged in illegal wars and has killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people.whatever "we" say has no meaning for you?

Then why should "We" consider, your views on religion binding to us?

3. Your "one sided" judgment that our females are held "prisoners" does not hold any water. What about Muslim females in western world, who is keeping them "prisoners"?

We all are "prisoners" and our Lord is our Creator, we are His Slave Servants, both male and female.

This is the rebuttal you will get from me, take it or leave it!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10939 May 19, 2013
Jose - in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
You live under Wahhabism which is a constrictive , anti-woman ideology not to mention your royal family and high ranking officials are completely above the laws .
Funny thing is women are the glue which hold society together, let's be honest, it is not men.
I didn't see it till I was in the over-seas in the Army and yet Islam and Christian conservatives have some sick attitudes towards women.
Perhaps both religions are the devils helpers.
What is Wahabism? This is a new term for me. I searched in all books of Islamic jurisprudence and I did not find this word.

Would you please elaborate, what is this Wahabism?

I never heard this word as religion of Saudi Arabia, and by the way I am an Indian working in Saudi Arabia. So please be careful as to what you write, do not treat me as a Saudi Citizen.

Lexington, KY

#10940 May 19, 2013
Well the problem is, first off you are not in the US and never have even visited here. Second the only reason the guy is getting punished is because he targeted boys.

Little girls are bought and sold without a second thought.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>It's too bad the US doesn't "rendition" our pedophiles to the Saudis....
Paedophile to be beheaded and crucified in Saudi Arabia for string of sex attacks where he left toddler to die in desert

Lexington, KY

#10941 May 19, 2013
No you are a slave to delusion and superstition. You are in the shackles of religion.

We are free you beasts are not. You honor kill women for talking back to you. You chop off breasts, noses and ears if you are upset at her and this is a routine occurrence with you beasts.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.
We all are "prisoners" and our Lord is our Creator, we are His Slave Servants, both male and female.

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#10942 May 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. I do not know what Oogah-Boogah is doing to you. I am concerened with my post and how you answer it.
Yes prophet of God is very "desirable" post that is why so many false claimant rose in the past. But no one remembers them any more, only the Real Prophets of God have got sizable followings.
2. So if "you" do not think that your country is engaged in illegal wars and has killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people.whatever "we" say has no meaning for you?
Then why should "We" consider, your views on religion binding to us?
3. Your "one sided" judgment that our females are held "prisoners" does not hold any water. What about Muslim females in western world, who is keeping them "prisoners"?
Christians are prisoners and they call themselves as such. And then they say, "the truth will set you free" The religion of the true Messiah, The Ministry of Truth (1984) will set you free from the bondage and enslavement of Christianity. Daniel 8:12 "...and it cast down the truth to the ground and it practiced and prospered" Isaiah 14:17 speaking of Lucifer "...that opened not the house of his prisoners?" Lucifer means morning star who is what Jesus claimed to be. Revelation 22:16. Lucifer is Satans counterfeit messiah, they are a father and son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr Polaris 220,671
News The Divine Right of Kings and Generals (Aug '13) 11 hr The Prophet Smell... 28
HELP Wicca Covens in my area! (Jun '09) Sun NewWiccanMember 62
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) May 28 Kathwynn 503
Pagans gather for elaborate Wiccan funeral of c... May 28 shell 1
News the Beheading Sura: Robert Spencer's Blogging t... May 23 Dragnet52 5
Covertly clearing negative energy from the office (Sep '07) May 21 Debra 49
More from around the web