Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14736 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#10930 May 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
First, do you know who are prophets and what are their qualities?
I don't believe in prophets.

“”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#10931 May 19, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in prophets.
Hey LuLu,
Nice to see you.

I don't believe in prophets either .

“”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#10932 May 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
First, do you know who are prophets and what are their qualities?
You live under Wahhabism which is a constrictive , anti-woman ideology not to mention your royal family and high ranking officials are completely above the laws .

Funny thing is women are the glue which hold society together, let's be honest, it is not men.

I didn't see it till I was in the over-seas in the Army and yet Islam and Christian conservatives have some sick attitudes towards women.

Perhaps both religions are the devils helpers.

“”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#10933 May 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
They were violent barbarians who killed unarmed people who had surrendered and then raped little girls like Muhammad right?
The prophet Muhammad's parents were not married so he was a bastard yes?
<quoted text>
Never mind paste tense, the Taliban will go into a village and kill half the people there but their greatest targets are women and children.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#10934 May 19, 2013
True and Muq has called these barbarians heroes!

He approves the butchering of women and selling children into marriages with disgusting old men.
Jose - in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>Never mind paste tense, the Taliban will go into a village and kill half the people there but their greatest targets are women and children.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#10935 May 19, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not much of a rebuttal, MUQ. Considering the level of depravity we are discussing here, you've done virtually nothing to convince anyone that these are not common, everyday practices. I would really like the matter put into some kind of believable perspective. It's certainly pertinent if we want to reasonably define what are 'illegal wars' and 'innocent' people.
Subjugating and torturing half (the female half) of your population brings your 'innocence' into doubt and frankly, justifies just about any means to bring about change. Furthermore, since it seems 'appeasement' is the policy of our current government, this is causing me to hold Washington in even less regard.
Not that anyone cares. My vote has already been cast for all the good it has done.
It's too bad the US doesn't "rendition" our pedophiles to the Saudis....

Paedophile to be beheaded and crucified in Saudi Arabia for string of sex attacks where he left toddler to die in desert

A man in Saudi Arabia is to be beheaded and crucified after he raped five children and left one of them, a three-year-old boy, to die in the desert.
An appeal court in the capital Riyadh approved the death sentence handed down in June by judges in the northwestern oasis city of Hail where the convicted 22-year-old man carried out his crimes.

The rapist - who was not named - was arrested several weeks ago as he tried to seize another boy after offering him a ride home from school.
The seven-year-old - who escaped unharmed - helped identify the culprit.
The man’s victims were aged between three and seven. He was said to have lured them into his car as they left school at midday and then drove them to remote desert locations to rape them.

An investigation was launched after a 25-year-old father reported that his three-year-old son was missing and that he suspected the kidnapper to be a male driver of a white four-wheel drive vehicle.
The infant was later found under a scorching sun in the desert where he had died of thirst.

A panel of three judges in Hail sentenced the rapist to death for “abhorrent”  crimes which they said had terrorised the community.
Crucifixion in the conservative desert Kingdom means tying the convict’s body to wooden beams to be displayed to the public after he is decapitated by a professional swordsman.

Saudi Arabia has executed 56 people this year under laws that allow the death penalty for rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12250...
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#10936 May 19, 2013
Speaking of prophets...

Edgar Cayce was a famous prophet.

Unlike the prophets of fantasy, many of his predictions came true.

His story is compelling no matter what your religious views.

Each year, the A.R.E. Headquarters in Virginia Beach attracts tens of thousands of individuals from around the world — vacationers, scholars, researchers, philosophers, health care professionals, and students of all kinds.

For countless reasons, these individuals come to investigate the information that Cayce brought forth in his psychic "readings" and discover for themselves how that material is being used today in the fields of health, personal spirituality, intuition, education, and research, and to promote spiritual development at both individual and global levels.

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10937 May 19, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in prophets.
Believing is the second part, first tell me do you know who are prophets and what is their role?

If you do not know that, what would you believe in?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10938 May 19, 2013
R Hill wrote:
1. 01 And what reasons might those be? You know, Ooogah Boogah is forcing me to re-evaluate my own critical thinking process, my minds-eye warping around the multiverse with such wild abandon. Maybe I have no right to judge, but ... you seem excessively gullible.

02 I maintain that 'Prophet of God' is a desirable position amongst mere mortals and some people might feel compelled to stretch the truth to attain it. I feel pretty much the same way towards our 'elected officials', whom I trust not at all.

When I believe my country is engaged in 'illegal wars' or 'killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people' I get to signal my protest by applying my vote. It ain't much, but it's what we get in a representative democracy. You really should try it sometime.

Judging the legality of wars or the innocence of people is not the business we are engaged in here or now. It should be pointed out that either the Christian god condones or your god is powerless to protect ... neither is worthy of so much as a single prayer.

2. That's not much of a rebuttal, MUQ. Considering the level of depravity we are discussing here, you've done virtually nothing to convince anyone that these are not common, everyday practices. I would really like the matter put into some kind of believable perspective. It's certainly pertinent if we want to reasonably define what are 'illegal wars' and 'innocent' people.

Subjugating and torturing half (the female half) of your population brings your 'innocence' into doubt and frankly, justifies just about any means to bring about change. Furthermore, since it seems 'appeasement' is the policy of our current government, this is causing me to hold Washington in even less regard.

Not that anyone cares. My vote has already been cast for all the good it has done.
Ans.

1. I do not know what Oogah-Boogah is doing to you. I am concerened with my post and how you answer it.

Yes prophet of God is very "desirable" post that is why so many false claimant rose in the past. But no one remembers them any more, only the Real Prophets of God have got sizable followings.

2. So if "you" do not think that your country is engaged in illegal wars and has killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people….whatever "we" say has no meaning for you?

Then why should "We" consider, your views on religion binding to us?

3. Your "one sided" judgment that our females are held "prisoners" does not hold any water. What about Muslim females in western world, who is keeping them "prisoners"?

We all are "prisoners" and our Lord is our Creator, we are His Slave Servants, both male and female.

This is the rebuttal you will get from me, take it or leave it!!
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#10939 May 19, 2013
Jose - in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
You live under Wahhabism which is a constrictive , anti-woman ideology not to mention your royal family and high ranking officials are completely above the laws .
Funny thing is women are the glue which hold society together, let's be honest, it is not men.
I didn't see it till I was in the over-seas in the Army and yet Islam and Christian conservatives have some sick attitudes towards women.
Perhaps both religions are the devils helpers.
What is Wahabism? This is a new term for me. I searched in all books of Islamic jurisprudence and I did not find this word.

Would you please elaborate, what is this Wahabism?

I never heard this word as religion of Saudi Arabia, and by the way I am an Indian working in Saudi Arabia. So please be careful as to what you write, do not treat me as a Saudi Citizen.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#10940 May 19, 2013
Well the problem is, first off you are not in the US and never have even visited here. Second the only reason the guy is getting punished is because he targeted boys.

Little girls are bought and sold without a second thought.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>It's too bad the US doesn't "rendition" our pedophiles to the Saudis....
Paedophile to be beheaded and crucified in Saudi Arabia for string of sex attacks where he left toddler to die in desert

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#10941 May 19, 2013
No you are a slave to delusion and superstition. You are in the shackles of religion.

We are free you beasts are not. You honor kill women for talking back to you. You chop off breasts, noses and ears if you are upset at her and this is a routine occurrence with you beasts.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.
We all are "prisoners" and our Lord is our Creator, we are His Slave Servants, both male and female.

This is the rebuttal you will get from me, take it or leave it!!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#10942 May 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. I do not know what Oogah-Boogah is doing to you. I am concerened with my post and how you answer it.
Yes prophet of God is very "desirable" post that is why so many false claimant rose in the past. But no one remembers them any more, only the Real Prophets of God have got sizable followings.
2. So if "you" do not think that your country is engaged in illegal wars and has killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people….whatever "we" say has no meaning for you?
Then why should "We" consider, your views on religion binding to us?
3. Your "one sided" judgment that our females are held "prisoners" does not hold any water. What about Muslim females in western world, who is keeping them "prisoners"?
We all are "prisoners" and our Lord is our Creator, we are His Slave Servants, both male and female.
This is the rebuttal you will get from me, take it or leave it!!
Christians are prisoners and they call themselves as such. And then they say, "the truth will set you free" The religion of the true Messiah, The Ministry of Truth (1984) will set you free from the bondage and enslavement of Christianity. Daniel 8:12 "...and it cast down the truth to the ground and it practiced and prospered" Isaiah 14:17 speaking of Lucifer "...that opened not the house of his prisoners?" Lucifer means morning star who is what Jesus claimed to be. Revelation 22:16. Lucifer is Satans counterfeit messiah, they are a father and son.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10943 May 20, 2013
All theists are liars with no proof of god, suffering form an egotistical mental delution often given to them by abusive parents, repeating the cycle.

Some break free from the brainwashing.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10944 May 20, 2013
Susan wrote:
Christians are prisoners and they call themselves as such. And then they say, "the truth will set you free"

The religion of the true Messiah, The Ministry of Truth (1984) will set you free from the bondage and enslavement of Christianity. Daniel 8:12 "...and it cast down the truth to the ground and it practiced and prospered" Isaiah 14:17 speaking of Lucifer "...that opened not the house of his prisoners?"

Lucifer means morning star who is what Jesus claimed to be. Revelation 22:16.

Lucifer is Satan's counterfeit messiah; they are a father and son.
Ans.

A very interesting post. Truth does not set you free, but brings you closer to your Creator and makes the path to paradise easy.

Setting you free is an allegorical statement.

There are lots of allegorical statements in Christian theology. And people derive their own meaning from them.

That is why we see so many different sects and denomination in Christianity. These divisions are mostly based on interpretations of these allegorical statements.

Our Prophet said "Truth lead one to piousness and piousness leads one to Paradise. A man speaks truth, till he is recorded as "Truthful" in the records of Allah…"
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10945 May 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
All theists are liars with no proof of god, suffering form an egotistical mental delusion often given to them by abusive parents, repeating the cycle.
Some break free from the brainwashing.
What your Non egoistic delusion leads you to? You are even unable to define what is this Atheism, having only a negative definition of it.

And what this Non Brainwashing did to you? Made you a slave on your own wishes, going from one extreme to another extreme.

And you have very high praise for you stupidity.

This is the real strange part!!

“”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#10946 May 20, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It's too bad the US doesn't "rendition" our pedophiles to the Saudis....
Paedophile to be beheaded and crucified in Saudi Arabia for string of sex attacks where he left toddler to die in desert
A man in Saudi Arabia is to be beheaded and crucified after he raped five children and left one of them, a three-year-old boy, to die in the desert.
An appeal court in the capital Riyadh approved the death sentence handed down in June by judges in the northwestern oasis city of Hail where the convicted 22-year-old man carried out his crimes.
The rapist - who was not named - was arrested several weeks ago as he tried to seize another boy after offering him a ride home from school.
The seven-year-old - who escaped unharmed - helped identify the culprit.
The man’s victims were aged between three and seven. He was said to have lured them into his car as they left school at midday and then drove them to remote desert locations to rape them.
An investigation was launched after a 25-year-old father reported that his three-year-old son was missing and that he suspected the kidnapper to be a male driver of a white four-wheel drive vehicle.
The infant was later found under a scorching sun in the desert where he had died of thirst.
A panel of three judges in Hail sentenced the rapist to death for “abhorrent”  crimes which they said had terrorised the community.
Crucifixion in the conservative desert Kingdom means tying the convict’s body to wooden beams to be displayed to the public after he is decapitated by a professional swordsman.
Saudi Arabia has executed 56 people this year under laws that allow the death penalty for rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12250...
Problem is that the Saudi gvmt, officials, "judges" are so corrupt that they execute anyone they dislike under any made up charge.

You tick off one of the royal families extended family or high ranking official and next thing you know your arrested for a death penalty type offense.

You WILL be found guilty and bye bye.

The death penalty in many of these Islamic countries is used exactly for that purpose.

“”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#10947 May 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
All theists are liars with no proof of god, suffering form an egotistical mental delution often given to them by abusive parents, repeating the cycle.
Some break free from the brainwashing.
I have no problem with organized religion but I do mind when they try to impose it upon us all .

I lived in NY in an area with a large Jewish progressive population and their attitude was live and let live ,religion was NEVER an issue , now I live with ignorant Hispanics who see visions of God in toast and they are NOT live and let live oh but how they love to scream racism.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10948 May 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What your Non egoistic delusion leads you to? You are even unable to define what is this Atheism, having only a negative definition of it.
And what this Non Brainwashing did to you? Made you a slave on your own wishes, going from one extreme to another extreme.
And you have very high praise for you stupidity.
This is the real strange part!!
Still no comment from you about your religion abusing, raping and murdering little girls.

“”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#10949 May 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is Wahabism? This is a new term for me. I searched in all books of Islamic jurisprudence and I did not find this word.
Would you please elaborate, what is this Wahabism?
I never heard this word as religion of Saudi Arabia, and by the way I am an Indian working in Saudi Arabia. So please be careful as to what you write, do not treat me as a Saudi Citizen.
"So please be careful as to what you write, do not treat me as a Saudi Citizen"

I had no idea.

I am referring to the ultra-conservative branch of Sunni Islam.

Saudi law is based on it , perhaps you call it Wahhab?

However do not be coy because you know exactly what I am speaking of.

I have been to Afghanistan but never to Saudi Arabia thus I do not know what it is called there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug 14 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug 7 Trump Rules Zippy 9
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Jul '17 aunt jamama 53
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul '17 unserve satan 8199 844
Midnight Man Madness Jun '17 just sayin 3
More from around the web