Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#10806 May 16, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong on one thing; he smells of those that roam the streets with "THE END IS NEAR" signs.
"Prepare to meet they doom...slowly" the end is miles away.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#10807 May 16, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
SIGH!! Right! And the ancient Egyptians "understood to some degree" that Horus took a break.
But were completely unable to determine when the breaks would be, how long they would be, where they would be seen, etc. In contrast, QM makes specific predictions about a great many things and makes specific predictions about the *probabilities* of others. In all observations that have been done, the predictions of QM have been validated. That, to me, implies understanding.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#10808 May 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please I do not like these "Line by line answers" (some one might shift to word by word answer too).
So please compose your thought and answer my post in a proper form, so I might comment on them.
This is my usual practice for such type of comments.
Too bad. Pay attention. There are several ways to reply, all of which have their merits and faults. To insist on one is just being silly.

I, for example, prefer to have the interspersed version of a reply.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#10809 May 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
"Therefore their attitude toward religion also varied from a total ban on some religions to official support of others."
Under Atheist Stalin 20 Million were killed.
Read a 20th century history and atheism and murder will appear hand in hand.
Does that figure include the 7 to 10 million Ukrainians who were starved to death by Stalin's atheist henchmen?

It's estimated that 20th century atheist government regimes murdered between 180 and 240 million men, women, and children.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#10810 May 16, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting though that they actually allowed the churches to re-open later. All the hoo-haa over it eventually led to a schism in the Russian Orthodox Christian Church, much like the Catholics and Protestants, which still lasts to this day. It's also interesting to point out that the Commies of the time were also anti-science - while the West enjoyed the benefits of Darwinian evolution such as increased crop yields in agriculture, they rejected it in favour of the failed hypotheses of Lamarck. This was but one of the many factors which eventually led to the inevitable economic collapse of the USSR. Of course any scientists who knew they were barking up the wrong tree had to keep their mouths shut in case they got shot. A little like any dissenting opinions in a theocracy could incur the "Wrath Of God".
Which once again shows how communism was much more like a religion than any other type of social structure. Again, by dictating what *had* to be the results of investigation, it fell away from rationality into superstition. When, in addition, they decided anyone who disagreed deserved death, they fell away from humanism to evil. BOTH of these ways of thinking are common for those with a religious, especially a fundamentalist religious impulse. THAT is what makes fundamentalist religion evil.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#10811 May 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please I do not like these "Line by line answers" (some one might shift to word by word answer too).
So please compose your thought and answer my post in a proper form, so I might comment on them.
This is my usual practice for such type of comments.
MUQ, your lack of intelligence is not my problem. Your post was answered in proper form. And quite frankly I don't care what you like.

You are not important. And nor are your religious opinions.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#10812 May 16, 2013
Wanna compare it to the hundreds of millions killed over the years by the Tzars who claimed they were hand picked and guided by god himself?

Under the god believing russian leadership less than 10% of children ever stepped foot inside a classroom.

Care to fail again?
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Does that figure include the 7 to 10 million Ukrainians who were starved to death by Stalin's atheist henchmen?

It's estimated that 20th century atheist government regimes murdered between 180 and 240 million men, women, and children.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#10813 May 16, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
You`re speaking for 150 million Europeans now?
According to the Jerusalem Post, it's a recent European opinion poll that is speaking for 150 million Europeans. The Israeli response is, of course, that this poll is an indication of rising European "anti-semitism" and has nothing at all to do with Israel's satanic practices....like robbing and murdering Palestinians for their land and water resources, etc.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#10814 May 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that figure include the 7 to 10 million Ukrainians who were starved to death by Stalin's atheist henchmen?
It's estimated that 20th century atheist government regimes murdered between 180 and 240 million men, women, and children.
I notice you are still unable to deal with the fact that your god did far, far worse. And fundies are all okay with it.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#10815 May 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
But were completely unable to determine when the breaks would be, how long they would be, where they would be seen, etc. In contrast, QM makes specific predictions about a great many things and makes specific predictions about the *probabilities* of others. In all observations that have been done, the predictions of QM have been validated. That, to me, implies understanding.
Fine! Prove it! Crack open a quantum door to one of the other multiverses.... maybe to the one where you realize I have a point.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#10816 May 16, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...a group of muslim men from both the middle east and north africa(geographically diverse) traffic children from the age of 11 for sex, addicting them to crack and heroin and effectively selling them to other men(not one of the `clients` were `white europeans`) who were muslim.
All of the victims were white and english.
The perpetrators were not from the same part of the world, the `clients` were not from the same part of the world...but both the perpetrators and the `clients` although not being from the same part of the world were all muslims.
What`s my point and how does the link support it?
Why did your god make all his followers so stupid?
Besides the fact that you failed to offer any proof that the Islamic religion promotes or approves of pimps, prostitution or drug dealers, your post empirical evidence that stupidity is not caused by belief in a deity, bubba.

You could argue that the Jewish Talmud tacitly approves of and promotes robbing, murdering, raping, maiming, enslaving or selling any kind of poison to non-Jews of any color but there's no proof that any other religion, including Islam, embraces that dogma....

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#10817 May 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Jerusalem Post, it's a recent European opinion poll that is speaking for 150 million Europeans. The Israeli response is, of course, that this poll is an indication of rising European "anti-semitism" and has nothing at all to do with Israel's satanic practices....like robbing and murdering Palestinians for their land and water resources, etc.
Source?...or no?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#10818 May 16, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you are still unable to deal with the fact that your god did far, far worse. And fundies are all okay with it.


You believe a god you say you don't believe in did something....? I notice that you still haven't acquired any critical thinking skills, bubba.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#10819 May 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
But were completely unable to determine when the breaks would be, how long they would be, where they would be seen, etc. In contrast, QM makes specific predictions about a great many things and makes specific predictions about the *probabilities* of others. In all observations that have been done, the predictions of QM have been validated. That, to me, implies understanding.
I had a boss ask me, one time, during a quarterly 'review'... "Are you a radio technician or a radio mechanic?". A subtle but important difference. QM, as the name implies, suggests that we are just at the 'mechanic' stage. I'm sure, one day, there will be a QT tweaking the Quantum Entangled Transceiver on board some far flung, multi-generational starship, trying to pick up the latest hockey scores from Terra.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#10820 May 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem in *all* these cases is that someone has a dogma that they want to force on other people. Stalin used the known tactics of religion in order to support and promote his power. And power, not ideology, was his primary concern. In a very real sense, communism in the Soviet Union (and in North Korea today) is just another type of religion: accepting a viewpoint not because of free and rational inquiry, but because of "received" knowledge that *must* be accepted or the authorities will kill you.
So, while atheist in philosophy, Stalin was very religious in beliefs and tactics.
Atheism IS a religion. The US courts have ruled that it's a religion.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#10821 May 16, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine! Prove it! Crack open a quantum door to one of the other multiverses.... maybe to the one where you realize I have a point.
Why is it I'm reminded of a fundie saying "Punch a hole in the universe to the other side and prove there's no God!!!"

?

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#10822 May 16, 2013
Israel has several mosques in it. How many Jewish synagogues are in Saudi Arabia again?
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Besides the fact that you failed to offer any proof that the Islamic religion promotes or approves of pimps, prostitution or drug dealers, your post empirical evidence that stupidity is not caused by belief in a deity, bubba.

You could argue that the Jewish Talmud tacitly approves of and promotes robbing, murdering, raping, maiming, enslaving or selling any kind of poison to non-Jews of any color but there's no proof that any other religion, including Islam, embraces that dogma....

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#10823 May 16, 2013
I notice you still can't answer how many Jewish synagogues are in Saudi Arabia. After all Israel allows several mosques in their country.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>You believe a god you say you don't believe in did something....? I notice that you still haven't acquired any critical thinking skills, bubba.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#10824 May 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe a god you say you don't believe in did something....? I notice that you still haven't acquired any critical thinking skills, bubba.
Oh, it's not my critical thinking skills that are the problem here my young padawan. Belief is not necessary on my part, and whether your particular Jewish wizard exists or not is irrelevant to the point I'm making - that being that fundies believe a totally effed up psychopath is "good".

That kind of thinking is what led screwed up aholes to strap bombs to their chests and fly planes into buildings.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#10825 May 16, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides the fact that you failed to offer any proof that the Islamic religion promotes or approves of pimps, prostitution or drug dealers, your post empirical evidence that stupidity is not caused by belief in a deity, bubba.
You could argue that the Jewish Talmud tacitly approves of and promotes robbing, murdering, raping, maiming, enslaving or selling any kind of poison to non-Jews of any color but there's no proof that any other religion, including Islam, embraces that dogma....
I've been to a titty bar in Damascus and flown on planes full of Russian hookers serving the Middle East. They were not there servicing the ex-pats, Bubba. While these observations don't provide much insight into Islam, it does speak of the innate humanity of those enslaved by it. That is ... it's all a sham. They're no 'holier than thou' than anybody else, no more empowered to condemn, condone, chastise or criticize than you, me or Jesus F. Christ. The biggest weakness in all religions is that they are composed of humans. You can shine, dress up, roll around on the floor, wave your arms around or bang your head in perfect unison and the fact remains ... monkeys. Just monkeys trained to put on a show. Ezdzit wanna banana?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 min Joel 252,906
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Patrick 4,485
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Tue Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun 25 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
More from around the web