Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
10,061 - 10,080 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Here's another great Einstein quote, MUQ

“I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.....”

Albert Einstein

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I only asked a simple question "What is atheism and who is an atheist"?
What answers I get tell only negatives, i.e Athiesm do NOT believe in God and Athiesm do not believe in religions....that is fine.
But what they Do believe in?
You cannot have only Negatives to replace a thing that has Positive attributes. Do you.
So far no one is able to give me simple answer to this question.
Is this question "too difficult" for you to answer?
Still no word from you about:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Too difficult for you to answer?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is HOW a True Scientist and Great Scientist should speak. I do not know, I cannot Know, I have no means to know...all these are acceptable answers from true scientists.
Only ignorant and fools and "Pseudo Scientists" would make claim that "there is no God"
Thanks for the beautiful quotation, I will save it.
Salaam
MUQ
Still no word from you about:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Too difficult for you to answer?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

I see you are unable to grasp how he is mocking your god. He was also a huge proponet for evolution :)

But since you like the great Einstein and his quotes? Let's rock!

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.(Albert Einstein, 1954)

I do not believe in a personal God.

Albert Einstein, 1954 :)

Checkmate b1tch!
ezdzit wrote:
“I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.....”
Albert Einstein

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Jenji wrote:
Atheism may truly replace religion, but nothing will change the fact or truth of the creator being we call "God" – whatever that final truth may end up being. I personally believe in Him, though I do not believe any religion has it all correctly – that is because GOD IS GOD BUT RELIGION IS MAN. Meaning, religion is a thing humans created and invented in an attempt to explain God! So yes you can do away with religion, that's fairly easy. But you can never dually with God. And since I personally believe that death is not an end, but rather a doorway to whatever comes next (I think it's a different dimension not an "up" or "down" location here on earth) I think I will just continue to have faith in Him. Besides, looking at the world around me it just makes more sense that it was created rather than that it happened accidentally somehow.
Where is your proof?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your proof?
I think Jenji's proof is in the perception of design in nature. But as we know the universe is run by amoral physics and nature is a-moral. Something which could not agree with an benevolent designer.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
Albert Einstein
A good quote , but not as great as the last one.

If one wants to know what is in God's mind, the only way is to get close to Him and that can only be done by being His best Slave and Servant.

Good servants of God have reached to Highest level in metaphysical sense.

But as God' personality in beyond human contemplation, so is His mind.

Thank you for your post.

May peace be on to you.

MUQ
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Sorry to rain on your parade, but to have a "mind" you need a brain. No brain, no mind. An entity that is invisible, silent and inert, with no brain or mind, can be considered not to exist, except in theory.
JOEL

Thane, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

MUQ is brainless.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

JOEL wrote:
MUQ is brainless.
lol.

You can get quite clever theists, who just believe in silly things for stupid reasons, like being indoctrinated into a religion by their parents.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
Albert Einstein
“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”

Albert Einstein, letter to an atheist (1954), quoted in Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas & Banesh Hoffman
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
I see you are unable to grasp how he is mocking your god. He was also a huge proponet for evolution :)
But since you like the great Einstein and his quotes? Let's rock!
I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.(Albert Einstein, 1954)
Albert Einstein, 1954 :)
Checkmate b1tch!
<quoted text>
Not bad but you should've included these as well

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”
Albert Einstein

- Albert Einstein, Out Of My Later Years:
"One strength of the Communist system ...is that it has some of the characteristics of a religion and inspires the emotions of a religion."

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
-Albert Einstein

I particularly like this one - taken from a letter Einstein wrote shortly before he died....

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.
"No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

"Thus I came...to a deep religiosity, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of 12. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached a conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true.... Suspicion against every kind of authority grew out of this experience...an attitude which has never left me." ~Albert Einstein

"I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it." ~Albert Einstein

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." ~Albert Einstein

And I saved the best for last... LOL

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."
-Albert Einstein

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

“My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.”

Albert Einstein

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
“My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.”
Albert Einstein
...and the rest of the quote please.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What answers I get tell only negatives, i.e Athiesm do NOT believe in God and Athiesm do not believe in religions....that is fine.
That depends on the atheist.
You cannot have only Negatives to replace a thing that has Positive attributes. Do you.
Sure you can, especially when the original word is used negatively as an insult.
Atheism is simply the lack of belief in deities. Since that is the *only* criterion for being an atheist, there is a wide range of *other* beliefs that atheists have. For example, there are secular humanists that believe that morality is about maximizing human potentiL and happiness. But not all atheists are secular humanists (nor vice versa). Some atheists are interested in social justice, some are not. Some atheists are scientists, others are artists, soldiers, or housewives.

So the problem is that your question has no answer. Atheism is simply the lack of belief in deities. Nothing else. Is that too difficult for you to understand?
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Muq. How many times?
You ignore answers from me an others. See Polymath's post above.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

COSMIC CONSCIOUSNESS

Throughout history, there have been many renditions of universal unity, connectivity, and the spectrum of considered possibility of mankind. The idea bears similarity to the ancient Buddhist concept of Indra's net, Teilhard de Chardin's conception of the noosphere, Hegel's Absolute idealism, Satori in Zen, and to some traditional pantheist beliefs.

Many of those who have used psychedelics such as LSD and Psilocybin mushrooms have asserted that they have had direct experience of the cosmic consciousness. In the 19th century, Canadian psychiatrist Richard M. Bucke developed a theory which claimed that cosmic consciousness lies in a mystic state above and beyond self-consciousness, the natural state of man's consciousness, just like animal consciousness lies below.

Cosmic Consciousness: A Study in the Evolution of the Human Mind is the title of a 1901 book by Richard Maurice Bucke. In it, Bucke developed a theory involving three stages in the development of consciousness: the simple consciousness of animals; the self-consciousness of the mass of humanity (encompassing reason, imagination, etc.); and cosmic consciousness — an emerging faculty and the next stage of human development.

Alexander Zelitchenko in his "Svet Zhizni" (Light of Life, History of Humankind in Psychosphere of Earth) continues this line, joined the directions of thought of Oswald Spengler, Lev Vygotsky, Lev Gumilev, Carl Jung tracing the transformations of human consciousness in course of history.

According to P. D. Ouspensky, as man evolves into higher states of consciousness, e. g. cosmic consciousness, he needs the tools of a higher form of logic, Ouspensky calls Tertium organum given to the title of his 1912 book. Bucke’s conclusion was that these individuals were "gifted" in the direction of cosmic consciousness and then developed this consciousness through self-discipline.
Some modern psychologists and theologians make specific reference to Bucke’s work. They include Carl Jung, Erich Fromm, Robert de Ropp, and Abraham Maslow. Others who have used the concept of cosmic consciousness, as introduced by Bucke in 1901, include Albert Einstein, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, and Alan Watts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_conscious...

Atheists can be described as people who are stuck in the lower “self-consciousness” phase of human development and have not evolved into higher states of consciousness.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...and the rest of the quote please.
If he put up the full quote it wouldn't fit his lie

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Yes these are all wonderful quotes to which Muq and his ilk will ignore.
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>Not bad but you should've included these as well

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”
Albert Einstein

- Albert Einstein, Out Of My Later Years:
"One strength of the Communist system ...is that it has some of the characteristics of a religion and inspires the emotions of a religion."

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
-Albert Einstein

I particularly like this one - taken from a letter Einstein wrote shortly before he died....

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.
"No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

"Thus I came...to a deep religiosity, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of 12. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached a conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true.... Suspicion against every kind of authority grew out of this experience...an attitude which has never left me." ~Albert Einstein

"I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it." ~Albert Einstein

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." ~Albert Einstein

And I saved the best for last... LOL

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."
-Albert Einstein

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Why do you butcher and edit his quotes?

Pathetic.
ezdzit wrote:

Albert Einstein

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••