Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
9,901 - 9,920 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

The photo is an actor, he stole it.

So pathetic.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think an icon to support equality is enough to determine someone's weight.
On the other hand, your picture shows you to be quite stocky.

And so observation beats unsupported speculation.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Bwhahahahahahahah...

1. Can you name a concept human beings DID NOT invent?

2. Do you not recognize that "disbelief" and "lack of belief" are different?

3. Would you like me to explain it to you?

I love it when a stupid slagstomping atheist supplies a defintion for his case, and it supports the other side.

You are quite a jewell, Milkdud.
You can't even spell properly.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>The photo is an actor, he stole it.

So pathetic.
Saw that after my comment.
What a good Christian, lying and such.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Oh Christians like him lie all the time. You gotta feel sorry for him really.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Saw that after my comment.
What a good Christian, lying and such.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL That's like saying if someone doesn't speak Hebrew they can't possibly understand zionism.
Mathematical equations are beautiful, elegant works but they are just esoteric expressions of different human mental constructs of reality....not reality itself.
Good Post
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Caca Dukkie wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG. What is happening here?
He is having Repetition issues

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Right ... by that rationale, Christianity could be maintaining status quo, gaining as many members as are leaving and still be growing "faster" than atheism even if the lower growth numbers mean atheism doubles.
On that basis, I submit the only proper expression for growth is percentage increase.
I agree entirely. I was just explaining how a Christian apologist might justify otherwise insupportable assertions.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
atheism is an ideology now?
Please tell me what is that ideology, I am asking this question again and again and what I get is that "there is no god and there is no religion"...Is that an ideology?

Only negation? Where is the assertive part of it?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

No atheist has said there is no religions. There are thousands of religions. Atheists just do not believe in any god claim.

Tell us the positive definition for infidel Muq? It seems you are afraid to answer that. Oh how I enjoy stumping you muslims who claim to be so enlightened by Allah! It seems Allah is unable to match wits with me :))
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Please tell me what is that ideology, I am asking this question again and again and what I get is that "there is no god and there is no religion"...Is that an ideology?

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Terry wrote:
Not believing in things (unicorns, ogres, faeries, leprechauns, gods, etc.) that can't be supported with verifiable evidence IS a positive thing...

unless of course your goal is to instill a faith based belief in someone else, then I can see how you would think it's a negative.
Ans.

Very Clever indeed…but you missed the target by many miles!!

I do not want to instill anything.

If you want to ask me what is Islam, I can give you in an instant.

How come when I ask you what is Athiesm, all you have is a "Negative assertion"!! Where is the Positive part of it?

If you ask me who is a Muslim, I can answer it in a jiffy

But when I ask you, who is an Atheist, you have no answer, except to babble like a maimed goat!!

What happens to all your great power of Reason and argument.

How come something which you are unable to even define will replace religion?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

BC wrote:
01. Atheism IS a faith-based belief.

"‘Atheism’ means the negation of theism, the denial of the existence of God."
-Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy

"Atheism is the position that affirms the nonexistence of God. It proposes positive belief rather than mere suspension of disbelief."

-Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy

"Atheism is to be distinguished from agnosticism, which leaves open the question of whether there is a god or not, professing to find the question unanswered or unanswerable; for the atheist, the nonexistence of God is a certainty."

-Encyclopedia Britannica

"In fact, atheism is an active belief that God doesn’t exist."

-Jonathan Safarti, PhD
Ans.

01. Every definition you quoted has only NEGATIVE element. There is nothing Positive in any of the definition!!

02. How come, on one front you are "So Bold" that you boast "Atheism will replace religion"…

And when we ask you what is Athiesm and who is Athiest, you develop cold feet!!

Once you deny God and religion, your power of reason, logic and deduction all gets muddled up.

That is "True Fruit" of being an Atheist!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

SG wrote:
1. Once you reject religion, the gap you fill it with is reality. You swap fantasy for reality. You may prefer comforting myths, that is your choice.

2. Ah I forgot, Islam the religion of peace: D Islam was spread through group hugs: D

3. Islam is essentially Unitarianism. The belief in one God. His encounters with Nestorian monks I suspect had a lot to do with the real founding of that religion.
Ans.

01. What is that "reality" that you fill up once you give up religion?

Please come forward and state it and let us see how many "atheists" agree with your definition.

That is what I am asking for so many posts, but no one comes forward.

02. Islam might be a religion of peace, or spread thru hugs or got influenced by Nestorian monks, are not under discussion.

03. What is under discussion is the Definition of What is Athiesm and what are its "fundamentals".

You cannot have a system based only on negative traits.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

BC wrote:
01. Islamists are commanded by their scripture to murder non-Islamists.

02. I don't call that a "positive attitude".

03 But maybe I'm too picky.
Ans.

01. From where you get the idea that Muslims are "commanded" to kill Non Muslims? If that was the case how come so many Non Muslims are living in Muslim countries?

02. When your basic argument is wrong, how does it matter if it be positive or negative?

03. You are not Too Picky, but your knowledge about Islam is too little and second or third hand.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
No atheist has said there is no religions. There are thousands of religions. Atheists just do not believe in any god claim.
Tell us the positive definition for infidel Muq? It seems you are afraid to answer that. Oh how I enjoy stumping you muslims who claim to be so enlightened by Allah! It seems Allah is unable to match wits with me :))
<quoted text>
What is this dubious standard, when you do not believe in any religion, why is it different from saying "there are no religions".

The same way you saying "There is no God" means God will cease to exist.

It is only a show of you own stupidity that you reject God, while this Whole Endless Universe is in front of you.

Only a "perfect idiot" can deny the Presence of a Creator while the Universe is in front of them.

Why should I define an infidel for you, am I a dictionary?

You should not answer a question with a counter question.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me what is that ideology, I am asking this question again and again and what I get is that "there is no god and there is no religion"...Is that an ideology?
Why will you not comment on:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Very Clever indeed…but you missed the target by many miles!!
How come when I ask you what is Athiesm, all you have is a "Negative assertion"!! Where is the Positive part of it?
But when I ask you, who is an Atheist, you have no answer, except to babble like a maimed goat!!
Why will you not comment on:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
is there something wrong with you?

"I assert that a world with no murder would be wonderful".

"I asert that a world without honour killing of muslim girls would be wonderful"

"I assert that a world without child marriage would be wonderful"

"I assert that a world without religious dogma and where a persons sense of moral responsibility is to ones fellow man rather than an imaginary being would be wonderful"

They all assert negatives but have a with a positive outcome if fulfilled.

There is no ideology associated with Atheism, and belief is not a matter of will, it in an unconscious act, one either believes or one doesn`t, anyone who says "You should try to believe in god" is an idiot and/or liar.

While I appreciate that english is not your first language your performance on this thread is something akin to a plumber lecturing a cardiovascular surgeon on the intricacies of a coronary artery bypass graft.

In short you are the man who came to the battle of wits UNARMED...and you bore me.
Imhotep

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
is there something wrong with you?
"I assert that a world with no murder would be wonderful".
"I asert that a world without honour killing of muslim girls would be wonderful"
"I assert that a world without child marriage would be wonderful"
"I assert that a world without religious dogma and where a persons sense of moral responsibility is to ones fellow man rather than an imaginary being would be wonderful"
They all assert negatives but have a with a positive outcome if fulfilled.
There is no ideology associated with Atheism, and belief is not a matter of will, it in an unconscious act, one either believes or one doesn`t, anyone who says "You should try to believe in god" is an idiot and/or liar.
While I appreciate that english is not your first language your performance on this thread is something akin to a plumber lecturing a cardiovascular surgeon on the intricacies of a coronary artery bypass graft.
In short you are the man who came to the battle of wits UNARMED...and you bore me.
There you go again sugarcoating everything. ;)

My ASS-ert's!

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

What is the positive definition of an infidel?

How many times do we have to tell you an atheist is just a person who doesn't believe in god?

Wow you are really making Muslims look ignorant Muq, are you trying to do that on purpose?
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

Very Clever indeedÂ…but you missed the target by many miles!!

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

We believe there are religions Muq, we just do not follow them or submit to their ignorant superstition.

And you saying there is a god because you say so doesn't prove there is a god.

You can't give a positive definition for infidel can you? Lmfao!

So in failing to answer that you prove my point that not all words and terms need a positive definition.

Indeed we clearly see if Allah exists, he is unable to guide you to properly answer my questions. So which is it then Muq? Does Allah not exist or is he unable to outwit me in a debate? And I have not countered a question with a question Muq, rather we have answered your ignorant question dozens of times but you either ignore the answers or lack the intelligence as a Muslim to understand.

Muq if you are trying to make Muslims look like ignorant beasts you are succeeding.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>What is this dubious standard, when you do not believe in any religion, why is it different from saying "there are no religions".

The same way you saying "There is no God" means God will cease to exist.

It is only a show of you own stupidity that you reject God, while this Whole Endless Universe is in front of you.

Only a "perfect idiot" can deny the Presence of a Creator while the Universe is in front of them.

Why should I define an infidel for you, am I a dictionary?

You should not answer a question with a counter question.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••