Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10073 Apr 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are in denial mode....that is not what is Atheism!!
And where do you get your information? Do you really believe that you know, who and what we are, and we don't know? You Dumbass pervert, what you do to children is insane, illegal and down right inhumane, your dirty mind is so fried that not a single right thing could even fit into it.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#10074 Apr 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I have a feeling he doesn't comprehend 1/8th of what he copied and pasted but thinks if he uses science sounding words to argue for his god that will give it more credence.
Seriously I bet it's one of Dave's sock puppets.
<quoted text>
Yeah. I certainly don't understand much quantum stuff. It's interesting and I'll read an article occasionally but, I really don't think there's a god (or even a magical 'realm') hiding in there anywhere. His/her 'cut & pastes' have a lot of words but don't really say much. Same as the bible ... designed to dazzle and confuse the unwary reader with BS.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#10075 Apr 30, 2013
It's long winded spam that really never gets to any kind of point. I think it's the old bore them half to death baffling them with bullsht routine.

That is actually how my brother argues for god's existence just ramble on and on never getting to any question you asked until you say, whatever STFU and get the movie going again. I used to ask a question and tell him to answer in 1 minute or less and have my watch ready to go. He hates that :))
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. I certainly don't understand much quantum stuff. It's interesting and I'll read an article occasionally but, I really don't think there's a god (or even a magical 'realm') hiding in there anywhere. His/her 'cut & pastes' have a lot of words but don't really say much. Same as the bible ... designed to dazzle and confuse the unwary reader with BS.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#10076 Apr 30, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>As an atheist, I am simply free of theism. As a now non-believer, understand that it was as a believer that, I have your god. I have weighed the lack of evidence, I have found that for any bible god to exist, the believer must first be deluded into believing it to be so. Then, only in the believers mind, does it exist. This is true with all gods, they exist only in the minds of the truly delusional.
Funny thing is that none of you believe it either. The bible you all treat as a joke .... the god couldn't mean you, now could he? Tell me how many of your neighbors have yopu stoned to death, as your god commands?
You claim to be "free of theism", then describe your beliefs on theism.

That's self-contradictory.

Then you claim as fact that no god exists, which is by definition a "belief", as such knowledge cannot be reached by human means.

You are, therefore, claiming omniscience.

Since humans are not omniscient, you are claiming to be a god.

Therefore, gods would have to exist.

So tell us, ReasonPetrified, are you a god or a liar?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#10077 Apr 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Oh really? Are you an atheist? If not you have no cause to tell us what it is. Sorry that we are not the silly definition as forced down your throat by child raping imams.
<quoted text>
Only an atheist can tell what an atheist is??

Can only a mouse tell what a mouse is?

You are not very bright.

Lexington, KY

#10078 May 1, 2013
Why do you say knowledge of god can't be reached by human means? The concept of god comes from humans in the past.

Your argument makes no logical sense.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>You claim to be "free of theism", then describe your beliefs on theism.

Then you claim as fact that no god exists, which is by definition a "belief", as such knowledge cannot be reached by human means.

Lexington, KY

#10079 May 1, 2013
Did I say only an atheist can tell what an atheist is?

Where did I post that statement? Your blood sugar low and you blood pressure up again fatass?
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Only an atheist can tell what an atheist is??

Can only a mouse tell what a mouse is?

You are not very bright.

Since: May 11

UK

#10080 May 1, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It's logical to assume Jesus was ethnically a Yehudim, i.e. a descendant of Judah, but he resided in the the Galilee not Judea, therefore he was a Galilean not a Judean. The word "Jew" was used describe a person of a particular religion and is derived from the word "Judea", the geographic place where that particular religion was thought to have originated The word "Yehudim" denotes ethnicity, i.e. the blood line descendants of Abraham through the tribe of Judah. The words "Jew" and "Yehudim" are no more interchangeable than the words "Baptist" and "Mexican", bubba.
Where was he allegedly born? Bethlehem in Judea.

Why did Joe and Maz need to return to Bethlehem? The fictional Roman census.

So Joe and Maz returned to the town of Joe`s birth, so it`s safe to say Joe was a Judean.

"Many of the people of the land mityahadim became Yehudim(Judeans/Jews) because the fear of the Yehudim fell on them." ~Esther ch.2 vv. 5-6.

So what Esther is saying is that they changed their ethnicity?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10081 May 1, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention to the actual wording of that post, you are all over the place and have yet to get any thing right.
And yes, I know that there is an unfinished sentence

UK

#10082 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>Pay attention to the actual wording of that post, you are all over the place and have yet to get any thing right.
Mr Crick is a follower of that great(and I use the term loosely) thinker Michael Behe who in the Kitzmiller v Dover ASD court case was FORCED(in order to protect his argument) to admit that,

"if creationism was taught as science then it would only be fair to teach astrology too as they were both comparable in their contributions to human knowledge" (I`m paraphrasing).

These people are not above looking like complete idiots to protect their dogma.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#10084 May 1, 2013
Ed Sed wrote:
01. The problem is that you are too stupid to understand dictionary definitions....
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist

That's it. That is all that it means. Nothing more. Atheism IS entirely negative and says nothing positive about a person whatsoever. What could be clearer or simpler?

02. You cannot understand because you think people need religion to be positive. I am not trying to insult you. I honestly believe you're too stupid to understand anything most people say. Religious dogma learned from childhood seems to do that to some people. "Give me a boy under 7 and I'll give you a (Roman) Catholic for life", the Jesuits notoriously said.
Ans.

01. I think you are "over reacting" without any cause.

02. When you define any thing, it should be a Positive definition. We cannot say, Oxygen is a gas which is not Nitrogen.

03. If you ask 100 Atheists, what Atheist means, they will give you 100 different answers.

04. And if you ask 100 Atheists what they believe in, you will get 100 answers too. Every Athiest is a religion unto himself or herself.

05. The "Only" point on which ALL Athiests agree is that "There is No God and there is No religion" and this is a "Negation" and it is not enough, you should have an assertation too!

Some one said All this dictionaries are written by Religious People so Athiests should not believe on it and here you are again referring me to these dictionaries
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#10085 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>And where do you get your information? Do you really believe that you know, who and what we are, and we don't know? You Dumbass pervert, what you do to children is insane, illegal and down right inhumane, your dirty mind is so fried that not a single right thing could even fit into it.
Do you know the Thumb Rule of discussion in these threads?

The one who comes to name calling, abuses and swear words and throws tantrums and hyperbole..... is the one who has no reasonable and logical answer to the subject being discussed!!

I thank you for accepting your "inability and disability" to define what is Atheism!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10086 May 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
02. When you define any thing, it should be a Positive definition. We cannot say, Oxygen is a gas which is not Nitrogen.
03. If you ask 100 Atheists, what Atheist means, they will give you 100 different answers.
04. And if you ask 100 Atheists what they believe in, you will get 100 answers too. Every Athiest is a religion unto himself or herself.
05. The "Only" point on which ALL Athiests agree is that "There is No God and there is No religion" and this is a "Negation" and it is not enough, you should have an assertation too!
Some one said All this dictionaries are written by Religious People so Athiests should not believe on it and here you are again referring me to these dictionaries
You refuse to comment on:-

I guess you must have stoned a girl to death.

UK

#10087 May 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I assert that those who believe in god/gods are mistaken.

Not that difficult really.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#10088 May 1, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text> That is not an uncommon experience.
<quoted text>That's remarkable.
Everyone around you appeared to be religious? I imagine the religiosity of your community might be quite eye-opening for a visiting Canadians, Australians & NZs or Brits?
I would say the key word is "appeared". Being in a community that is very religious, and one that makes their disdain for those that don't believe well known, makes being NOT religious something one might choose to keep to themselves while they play the 'religion game' to keep up appearances.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#10089 May 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lincoln is also KJV, langoliers and eagle12 those are his other screen names.
<quoted text>
I'll keep that in mind.
Unregistered users are often just stupid trolls.
It's the easiest way to switch names and agree with their own claims.

Montreal

#10090 May 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are in denial mode....that is not what is Atheism!!
You aren't even an atheist, and you're trying to tell atheists what atheism is.
What is it according to you?
Because according to what it actually is is simply the disbelief in a deity.

Montreal

#10091 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>And where do you get your information? Do you really believe that you know, who and what we are, and we don't know? You Dumbass pervert, what you do to children is insane, illegal and down right inhumane, your dirty mind is so fried that not a single right thing could even fit into it.
One thing wrong there, the only thing going for him actually:
It is legal (in his country).

Still horribly immoral and disgusting, but legal.

Montreal

#10092 May 1, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's disbelief.

If you can't understand the difference between belief and disbelief, then you are obviously far more gone than we all originally thought.

Montreal

#10093 May 1, 2013
<quoted text>Pay attention to the actual wording of that post, you are all over the place and have yet to get any thing right.
Buck doesn't understand English that well it seems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr uhuh 202,249
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... Sun thetruth 21
I...(gulp) am a Pagan Agnostic Taoist Fri Son of God 1
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep 8 Kathwynn 14
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Sep 7 Kathwynn 2
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep 1 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
•••

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE