Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 488)

Showing posts 9,741 - 9,760 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right. You're just all sweetness and light, aren't ya bubba?
"I will not turn my eyes from the truth" said the blind man....
Bantering with posters like yourself who self-indentify as "atheists" is just amusement to me.....nothing more. My own experience as an atheist was a very positive and necessary part of my own spiritual journey--very cathartic. I wish all atheists well and hope your journeys are the same....
As an atheist, I am simply free of theism. As a now non-believer, understand that it was as a believer that, I have your god. I have weighed the lack of evidence, I have found that for any bible god to exist, the believer must first be deluded into believing it to be so. Then, only in the believers mind, does it exist. This is true with all gods, they exist only in the minds of the truly delusional.
Funny thing is that none of you believe it either. The bible you all treat as a joke .... the god couldn't mean you, now could he? Tell me how many of your neighbors have yopu stoned to death, as your god commands?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeez MUQ, give us a break. How about ...'an Atheist is a person who is POSITIVE there is no deity'.
I think you were Top of your class in caricature!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Atheism is what it is Muq. I'm sorry of the reality of it upsets you but an Atheist is just a person who does not believe in any god. We reject the theist claim as they are unable to show observable proof for the theist claim.
For civilized people who bathe properly and do not sell their children, it's really not that difficult to understand.
But you being a janitor at an airport I suppose it is difficult for you.
<quoted text>
Again you are in denial mode....that is not what is Atheism!!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Do color blind people think people who see sunsets and rainbows are mentally ill?
Consciousness, Whitehead and quantum computation in the brain: Panprotopsychism meets the physics of fundamental spacetime geometry--Stuart Hameroff
“.....Abner Shimony (1993; 1997) recognized that Whitehead’s approach was potentially compatible with modern physics ... yada, yada, yada
I think it's funny how you embrace the theories behind the subtle and esoteric quantum "realm" but reject the far more common-sensical Theory of Evolution. Has your god been reduced to sub-atomic parlor tricks? You know, both sets of theory exist as frameworks to build an understanding of Nature as we observe her at various resolutions. Mysteries remain but nothing observed in the macro or micro realms suggest we have reached the limits of our ability to discover or understand Nature. We have no need to resort to 'magical'(supernatural) explanations. Thinking our minds and 'spacetime geometry' are somehow intertwined is simply another example of the supreme egotism of godbots, anxious to hold some special place in a Universe that simply does not notice (or care) whether we exist or not.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It's logical to assume Jesus was ethnically a Yehudim, i.e. a descendant of Judah, but he resided in the the Galilee not Judea, therefore he was a Galilean not a Judean. The word "Jew" was used describe a person of a particular religion and is derived from the word "Judea", the geographic place where that particular religion was thought to have originated The word "Yehudim" denotes ethnicity, i.e. the blood line descendants of Abraham through the tribe of Judah. The words "Jew" and "Yehudim" are no more interchangeable than the words "Baptist" and "Mexican", bubba.
Surely the matter of arguing the ethnicity of Jesus is a futile pursuit given the paucity of information provided. You would do well to focus your efforts on developing a convincing argument that Jesus actually existed. That question is far more fundamental to Christianity and far from resolved.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Oh really? Are you an atheist? If not you have no cause to tell us what it is. Sorry that we are not the silly definition as forced down your throat by child raping imams.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Again you are in denial mode....that is not what is Atheism!!

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

I have a feeling he doesn't comprehend 1/8th of what he copied and pasted but thinks if he uses science sounding words to argue for his god that will give it more credence.

Seriously I bet it's one of Dave's sock puppets.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's funny how you embrace the theories behind the subtle and esoteric quantum "realm" but reject the far more common-sensical Theory of Evolution. Has your god been reduced to sub-atomic parlor tricks? You know, both sets of theory exist as frameworks to build an understanding of Nature as we observe her at various resolutions. Mysteries remain but nothing observed in the macro or micro realms suggest we have reached the limits of our ability to discover or understand Nature. We have no need to resort to 'magical'(supernatural) explanations. Thinking our minds and 'spacetime geometry' are somehow intertwined is simply another example of the supreme egotism of godbots, anxious to hold some special place in a Universe that simply does not notice (or care) whether we exist or not.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are in denial mode....that is not what is Atheism!!
And where do you get your information? Do you really believe that you know, who and what we are, and we don't know? You Dumbass pervert, what you do to children is insane, illegal and down right inhumane, your dirty mind is so fried that not a single right thing could even fit into it.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
I have a feeling he doesn't comprehend 1/8th of what he copied and pasted but thinks if he uses science sounding words to argue for his god that will give it more credence.
Seriously I bet it's one of Dave's sock puppets.
<quoted text>
Yeah. I certainly don't understand much quantum stuff. It's interesting and I'll read an article occasionally but, I really don't think there's a god (or even a magical 'realm') hiding in there anywhere. His/her 'cut & pastes' have a lot of words but don't really say much. Same as the bible ... designed to dazzle and confuse the unwary reader with BS.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

It's long winded spam that really never gets to any kind of point. I think it's the old bore them half to death baffling them with bullsht routine.

That is actually how my brother argues for god's existence just ramble on and on never getting to any question you asked until you say, whatever STFU and get the movie going again. I used to ask a question and tell him to answer in 1 minute or less and have my watch ready to go. He hates that :))
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. I certainly don't understand much quantum stuff. It's interesting and I'll read an article occasionally but, I really don't think there's a god (or even a magical 'realm') hiding in there anywhere. His/her 'cut & pastes' have a lot of words but don't really say much. Same as the bible ... designed to dazzle and confuse the unwary reader with BS.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>As an atheist, I am simply free of theism. As a now non-believer, understand that it was as a believer that, I have your god. I have weighed the lack of evidence, I have found that for any bible god to exist, the believer must first be deluded into believing it to be so. Then, only in the believers mind, does it exist. This is true with all gods, they exist only in the minds of the truly delusional.
Funny thing is that none of you believe it either. The bible you all treat as a joke .... the god couldn't mean you, now could he? Tell me how many of your neighbors have yopu stoned to death, as your god commands?
You claim to be "free of theism", then describe your beliefs on theism.

That's self-contradictory.

Then you claim as fact that no god exists, which is by definition a "belief", as such knowledge cannot be reached by human means.

You are, therefore, claiming omniscience.

Since humans are not omniscient, you are claiming to be a god.

Therefore, gods would have to exist.

So tell us, ReasonPetrified, are you a god or a liar?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Oh really? Are you an atheist? If not you have no cause to tell us what it is. Sorry that we are not the silly definition as forced down your throat by child raping imams.
<quoted text>
Only an atheist can tell what an atheist is??

Can only a mouse tell what a mouse is?

You are not very bright.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Why do you say knowledge of god can't be reached by human means? The concept of god comes from humans in the past.

Your argument makes no logical sense.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>You claim to be "free of theism", then describe your beliefs on theism.

Then you claim as fact that no god exists, which is by definition a "belief", as such knowledge cannot be reached by human means.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Did I say only an atheist can tell what an atheist is?

Where did I post that statement? Your blood sugar low and you blood pressure up again fatass?
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Only an atheist can tell what an atheist is??

Can only a mouse tell what a mouse is?

You are not very bright.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It's logical to assume Jesus was ethnically a Yehudim, i.e. a descendant of Judah, but he resided in the the Galilee not Judea, therefore he was a Galilean not a Judean. The word "Jew" was used describe a person of a particular religion and is derived from the word "Judea", the geographic place where that particular religion was thought to have originated The word "Yehudim" denotes ethnicity, i.e. the blood line descendants of Abraham through the tribe of Judah. The words "Jew" and "Yehudim" are no more interchangeable than the words "Baptist" and "Mexican", bubba.
Where was he allegedly born? Bethlehem in Judea.

Why did Joe and Maz need to return to Bethlehem? The fictional Roman census.

So Joe and Maz returned to the town of Joe`s birth, so it`s safe to say Joe was a Judean.

"Many of the people of the land mityahadim became Yehudim(Judeans/Jews) because the fear of the Yehudim fell on them." ~Esther ch.2 vv. 5-6.

So what Esther is saying is that they changed their ethnicity?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to be "free of theism", then describe your beliefs on theism.
Pay attention to the actual wording of that post, you are all over the place and have yet to get any thing right.
And yes, I know that there is an unfinished sentence

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Pay attention to the actual wording of that post, you are all over the place and have yet to get any thing right.
And yes, I know that there is an unfinished sentence
Mr Crick is a follower of that great(and I use the term loosely) thinker Michael Behe who in the Kitzmiller v Dover ASD court case was FORCED(in order to protect his argument) to admit that,

"if creationism was taught as science then it would only be fair to teach astrology too as they were both comparable in their contributions to human knowledge" (I`m paraphrasing).

These people are not above looking like complete idiots to protect their dogma.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Ed Sed wrote:
01. The problem is that you are too stupid to understand dictionary definitions....
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist

That's it. That is all that it means. Nothing more. Atheism IS entirely negative and says nothing positive about a person whatsoever. What could be clearer or simpler?

02. You cannot understand because you think people need religion to be positive. I am not trying to insult you. I honestly believe you're too stupid to understand anything most people say. Religious dogma learned from childhood seems to do that to some people. "Give me a boy under 7 and I'll give you a (Roman) Catholic for life", the Jesuits notoriously said.
Ans.

01. I think you are "over reacting" without any cause.

02. When you define any thing, it should be a Positive definition. We cannot say, Oxygen is a gas which is not Nitrogen.

03. If you ask 100 Atheists, what Atheist means, they will give you 100 different answers.

04. And if you ask 100 Atheists what they believe in, you will get 100 answers too. Every Athiest is a religion unto himself or herself.

05. The "Only" point on which ALL Athiests agree is that "There is No God and there is No religion" and this is a "Negation" and it is not enough, you should have an assertation too!

Some one said All this dictionaries are written by Religious People so Athiests should not believe on it and here you are again referring me to these dictionaries
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>And where do you get your information? Do you really believe that you know, who and what we are, and we don't know? You Dumbass pervert, what you do to children is insane, illegal and down right inhumane, your dirty mind is so fried that not a single right thing could even fit into it.
Do you know the Thumb Rule of discussion in these threads?

The one who comes to name calling, abuses and swear words and throws tantrums and hyperbole..... is the one who has no reasonable and logical answer to the subject being discussed!!

I thank you for accepting your "inability and disability" to define what is Atheism!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. I think you are "over reacting" without any cause.
02. When you define any thing, it should be a Positive definition. We cannot say, Oxygen is a gas which is not Nitrogen.
03. If you ask 100 Atheists, what Atheist means, they will give you 100 different answers.
04. And if you ask 100 Atheists what they believe in, you will get 100 answers too. Every Athiest is a religion unto himself or herself.
05. The "Only" point on which ALL Athiests agree is that "There is No God and there is No religion" and this is a "Negation" and it is not enough, you should have an assertation too!
Some one said All this dictionaries are written by Religious People so Athiests should not believe on it and here you are again referring me to these dictionaries
You refuse to comment on:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
I guess you must have stoned a girl to death.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,741 - 9,760 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 17 min bmz 193,548
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) 7 hr PINCH111 284
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... 8 hr PINCH111 5
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... 8 hr PINCH111 54
Wiccan Threefold Law Is Overrated 8 hr PINCH111 8
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) 9 hr PINCH111 72
Create A Potted Plant Altar 18 hr Drake_Burrwood 1
•••
•••