Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Thinking

Dundee, UK

#9960 Apr 29, 2013
Lincoln posts otherwise.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of things exist, but that's not the question.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#9961 Apr 29, 2013
You were asked for observable proof not someone's opinion.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Proof of the existence of a First Cause aka God, Creator, Cosmic Consciousness, Force, etc. has existed for centuries, ever since Newton wrote the laws of causality.

Proof of the ridiculous strawman god you continue to obsessively recycle and compulsively resurrect in all your posts has never ever existed, bubba.

Scottsburg, IN

#9962 Apr 29, 2013
What the fck do you mean?

Atheism is not believing in the existence of gods. Several people do not believe in the existence of gods, so as usual you are not making sense.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Lots of things exist, but that's not the question. The question is: is there any scientific evidence which supports atheism? The answer is an unequivocal NO.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#9963 Apr 29, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is neither a believe system nor is it a religion; your question is entirely irrelevant and extraneous ...
Atheism is both a belief system and a religion as defined by dictionaries and the US courts.

Scottsburg, IN

#9964 Apr 29, 2013
What courts?
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is both a belief system and a religion as defined by dictionaries and the US courts.

United States of America

#9965 Apr 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Lincoln posts otherwise.
<quoted text>
That dog won't hunt, bubba....

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#9966 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of things exist, but that's not the question. The question is: is there any scientific evidence which supports atheism? The answer is an unequivocal NO.
True. Nor is there any to support theism, so neither statement has any meaning or relevance--they are both apropos of nothing. Yet clueless theists keep posting that little brain fart as though it meant something.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#9967 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Proof of the existence of a First Cause aka God, Creator, Cosmic Consciousness, Force, etc. has existed for centuries, ever since Newton wrote the laws of causality.

Proof of the ridiculous strawman god you continue to obsessively recycle and compulsively resurrect in all your posts has never ever existed, bubba.
And where is that proof that you consistently fail to provide?

Montreal

#9968 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is both a belief system and a religion as defined by dictionaries and the US courts.
Really, so what organized sets of beliefs are followed by atheism?
What supernatural being do atheists worship?

Montreal

#9969 Apr 29, 2013
What supernatural beings?***

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#9970 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is both a belief system and a religion as defined by dictionaries and the US courts.
... but not by atheists themselves. We are the only ones who can define atheism with any authority. Dictionaries are compiled almost exclusively by believers, nor are there any atheists on the courts that make these pronouncements. If I want to know about Judaism, I ask a Rabbbi. Not a priest and certainly not a skinhead. Believers who speak or write about atheism are clueless about it at best, biased against it at worst. You will learn more about atheism by reading our posts on this forum than from almost any other source you can find.

Montreal

#9971 Apr 29, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>... but not by atheists themselves. We are the only ones who can define atheism with any authority. Dictionaries are compiled almost exclusively by believers, nor are there any atheists on the courts that make these pronouncements. If I want to know about Judaism, I ask a Rabbbi. Not a priest and certainly not a skinhead. Believers who speak or write about atheism are clueless about it at best, biased against it at worst. You will learn more about atheism by reading our posts on this forum than from almost any other source you can find.
Even with the dictionary defining religion, it is not compatible.
Atheism is the opposite of theism.
The opposite of theist is essentially the opposite of religion.
The opposite of religion is not religion.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#9972 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of the existence of a First Cause aka God, Creator, Cosmic Consciousness, Force, etc. has existed for centuries, ever since Newton wrote the laws of causality.
It always amazes me when someone gets so many things wrong in such a small space.

First, Newton did NOT write the 'Laws of Causality'. Newton wrote down some Laws of *Motion*.

Second, Newton's laws of motion are now known to be wrong in many particulars. They are very good approximations for things larger than molecules and smaller than medium sized stars, but they fail for both very small things and for very large things.

Third, even Newton's laws would not prove the existence of a First Cause.

Fourth, the First Cause argument goes back *much* farther than Newton. Aristotle used it in the 4th century BC (Newton was in the 17th century AD).

Fifth, the First Cause argument has been known for centuries to be invalid.

United States of America

#9973 Apr 29, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
And where is that proof that you consistently fail to provide?
You don't believe in Newton's laws of causality?

Bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha. .......

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#9974 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
A. Jesus was Essene, not "Jewish".
B. You have zero understanding of what "faith" is.
C. You have zero understanding of anything Jesus taught.
<quoted text>
Complete lack of theism? You share the same coin as the fundamentalists. The only thing that's tough to call is who's "heads" and who's "tails".....
Jesus was Jewish, and a Rabbi!

Atheism is the complete lack of any theism, but I personally am a avowed non-believer in any of the god-myths. And as a former Pentecostal, I think I've gotten faith's definition, down pat. What Jesus taught is biblical, and it has no other accepted source, and you are not going to believe this, but when I believed in a god, I believed that the buybull was his word, and it didn't need any contortion, to deliver the message. As it is written .....

United States of America

#9975 Apr 29, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Nor is there any to support theism, so neither statement has any meaning or relevance--they are both apropos of nothing. Yet clueless theists keep posting that little brain fart as though it meant something.
And you clueless atheists keep posting your little brain farts as though it meant something....

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#9976 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Methinks thou dost protest too much, bubba....
There are over 13,000 post of mine, I challenge you sister, to find one where I wasn't having a wonderful life
Know-It-All

Roy, WA

#9977 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Newton's Laws of Causality? I think you need to lay off the booze, Einstein. Or are you following Ezdzit's Law of Being a Stupid Troll to Make Religion Look Stupid?

United States of America

#9978 Apr 29, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>There are over 13,000 post of mine, I challenge you sister, to find one where I wasn't having a wonderful life
LOL If your life is so "wonderful" why are you so bitter, angry, snarky, belligerent and rude? Hmmmm...?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#9979 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a quiz for you: Complete the following phrase:

Newton's laws of:
a) Logic
b) Causality
c) Motion
d) Chemistry.

Only one of the above is correct. Let's see if you can figure out which it is. Hint: google is your friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) Fri Chief Expose ZioA... 256,604
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb 28 guest 119
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Feb 27 Not a modern Chri... 15
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb 26 stalk this 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb '17 Eagle 12 4,947
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Feb '17 Nicole Orsak 117
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Feb '17 Kcreoke 2
More from around the web