Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 20 comments on the Aug 27, 2012, News24 story titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#9791 Apr 24, 2013
Links?
ezdzit wrote:
What do you think the Bible says it is?

NT texts date to 1st century AD but there is consensus among scholars that original sources for various OT books are much much older. The Book of Proverbs was sourced to an Egyptian book called the "Instructions of Amenemhat", written circa 7th century BC as well as another book called the "Words of Ahikar", an Aramaic papyrus dated at 500 BC Parts of Genesis were sourced to fragments of a Babylonian book called the Sha naqba īmuru aka "He who Saw the Deep" which has been dated to the 13th century BC.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#9792 Apr 24, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think the Bible says it is?
NT texts date to 1st century AD but there is consensus among scholars that original sources for various OT books are much much older. The Book of Proverbs was sourced to an Egyptian book called the "Instructions of Amenemhat", written circa 7th century BC as well as another book called the "Words of Ahikar", an Aramaic papyrus dated at 500 BC Parts of Genesis were sourced to fragments of a Babylonian book called the Sha naqba &#299;muru aka "He who Saw the Deep" which has been dated to the 13th century BC.
Among other passages;

Jhn 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Jhn 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
Jhn 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#9793 Apr 24, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Among other passages;
Jhn 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Jhn 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
Jhn 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
John 10:35-37 is Jesus' reference to Psalm 82:6 "I say, You are gods; you are all children of the Most High" as his scriptural authority for claiming to be the son of God.

How is this an example of the Bible claiming to be something it's not?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#9794 Apr 24, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
John 10:35-37 is Jesus' reference to Psalm 82:6 "I say, You are gods; you are all children of the Most High" as his scriptural authority for claiming to be the son of God.
It is not the word of God or even the words of the Son of God.

Really? You are that Obtuse?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#9795 Apr 24, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say you have no religion, yet you defend the bible at every corner?
You say you have no religion, yet believe in a god?

Jeez, how many times can you lie to yourself and everyone else?

Montreal

#9796 Apr 24, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You know another hilarious thing?
He has small tells as well as the obvious ones.
For example: only the religious would capitalize the "b" in "bible."

United States of America

#9797 Apr 24, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowhere in the verses you cited is there any claim that the Bible is the word of God.

There are no verses that say what you are claiming the Bible and there are no verses which allude, imply, indicate, infer, insinuate, intimate, suggest or even remotely support the claim that "The bible (genesis) empowered believers to f**k the planet over."

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#9798 Apr 24, 2013
Ah so you finally admit the bible is not the word of some god. Apology accepted

Thank you
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Nowhere in the verses you cited is there any claim that the Bible is the word of God.

There are no verses that say what you are claiming the Bible and there are no verses which allude, imply, indicate, infer, insinuate, intimate, suggest or even remotely support the claim that "The bible (genesis) empowered believers to f**k the planet over."

United States of America

#9799 Apr 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
In fact you people are busy in gathering all the proofs any one need for existence of Creator.
But you are just "looking" and not "seeing" those proofs.
Just like cattle, who "looks" but seldom "sees"!!
Now, now....don't insult cattle, MUQ

Cattle have better vision, better hearing, and I'm absolutely sure they have more functioning brain cells than the evolution groupies on this thread.....
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#9800 Apr 25, 2013
You've finally made a friend: a child abusing islamist.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Cattle have better vision, better hearing, and I'm absolutely sure they have more functioning brain cells than the evolution groupies on this thread.....

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#9801 Apr 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You've finally made a friend: a child abusing islamist.
<quoted text>
Ezdzit, MUQ and the difference is?

Oh, that's right none, both love kids to death.

Since: May 11

UK

#9802 Apr 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Rush, excellent Canadian band.
I(and 6 friends) have tickets for the O2 in London on the 24th of May to see Rush.

I`m not an ardent follower of Prog` Rock...but I am a fan of The Trailer Park boys and the episode where Bubbles is Alex Lifesons guitar tech got me listening to them.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#9803 Apr 25, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Cattle have been granted with facilities which might surpass humans in some specific areas, because of their environment and their survival.

But overall they are no match for humans, it is humans who lord over them and use them in any way they like.

If cattle had working brains, they would be lording over humans, should they not?

That is why Quran gives simile of Non Believers as Cattle, or even worse that them. Because cattle recognize their "masters" and these people do not recognize their Creator, despite being asked again and again.

Yes we do insult cattle in a way from that angle!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#9804 Apr 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Cattle have been granted with facilities which might surpass humans in some specific areas, because of their environment and their survival.
But overall they are no match for humans, it is humans who lord over them and use them in any way they like.
If cattle had working brains, they would be lording over humans, should they not?
That is why Quran gives simile of Non Believers as Cattle, or even worse that them. Because cattle recognize their "masters" and these people do not recognize their Creator, despite being asked again and again.
You are a spineless little godbot why will you not comment on:-

Is this because you agree with the murder of young girls?

You are insane.

Montreal

#9805 Apr 25, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>I(and 6 friends) have tickets for the O2 in London on the 24th of May to see Rush.

I`m not an ardent follower of Prog` Rock...but I am a fan of The Trailer Park boys and the episode where Bubbles is Alex Lifesons guitar tech got me listening to them.
Lucky lucky, I wish I had the money for that sort of thing. Money is tight at the moment as I am trying to focus on my debts.

Montreal

#9806 Apr 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Cattle have been granted with facilities which might surpass humans in some specific areas, because of their environment and their survival.

Actually, you would be the cattle, for you have someone that "lords over" you, and that is your god.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#9807 Apr 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is curious, then, that the atheists on this forum write substantive, coherent, sell-organized, and original posts while you either cut and paste or write poorly organized posts that are long on assertion and short on support, outperforming you on every page as writers and as thinkers.

Not bad for "cattle," eh?

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#9808 Apr 25, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I(and 6 friends) have tickets for the O2 in London on the 24th of May to see Rush.
I'm taking my daughter to see them July 4th at Summerfest in Milwaukee!
There's a you-tube video of Rush playing "Closer to the Heart" in studio with Bubbles playing along.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#9809 Apr 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucky lucky, I wish I had the money for that sort of thing. Money is tight at the moment as I am trying to focus on my debts.
Yeah... I'm in the same boat, but I promised my daughter that I'd take her and I can't see not following through.

Besides... it's Rush... outdoors... with 4th of July fireworks over the lake during the show. should be a blast!

Montreal

#9810 Apr 25, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah... I'm in the same boat, but I promised my daughter that I'd take her and I can't see not following through.
Besides... it's Rush... outdoors... with 4th of July fireworks over the lake during the show. should be a blast!
You make me jealous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr Eric 217,305
Coincidence or some kind of sign? Fri ChristySoy 1
No, Easter does NOT have pagan origins Apr 3 Skeptical 1
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Apr 1 cindy mccurry 1
Great News for Pagans (Feb '07) Mar '15 Gary Coaldigger 278
News In far-flung US territories, gay marriage hasn'... Mar '15 Belle Sexton 2
News Ex-Lawmaker Sued for Religious Discrimination (Jan '11) Feb '15 Hammer 4
More from around the web