Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#9656 Apr 22, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it, bubba.
"Thinking" is your sock puppet, it's YOUR claim, and YOU can't support YOUR claim.
Got it.
Sorry, never had a sock, never will. I didn't make a claim. I merely proved your's wrong.

Get it?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#9657 Apr 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so pessimist? That you give it less than a decade?
Despite all what you have written, human population continues to grow!!
You are not providing food for all that multitude, are you? Why should you worry so much about others?
The one who has created all these humans shall provide for their sustenance.
Be optimistic and positive, that is my advice.
No, MUQ

This was my original post to all the trolls:

"While everybody understands that it's been a very rough decade for the "goddidntdoit" crowd what with confirmation of rapid adaptive mutations blowing up evolution's pet claims and then, of course, confirmation of the discovery of the "God particle".....you Topix bubbas really do have to stop acting like a bunch of crazed chimps with "cage fever", i.e. flinging your feces and trying to piss on passersby. Suck it up, bubbas. This next decade's discoveries is gonna get even rougher....

(heheheheheheheheheheheheheheh ehehehehe)"

Read the responses in the thread from the crazed chimps with "cage fever" for context.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#9658 Apr 22, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
None of those texts support the claim that "The bible (genesis) empowered believers to f**k the planet over." Nothing. Zip. Nada.
You're swimming in de Nile if you think those passages have not been used to justify the use, abuse, slaughter and exploitation of every living thing on the planet. Want a towel?

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#9659 Apr 22, 2013
Christholes tend to quote Genesis 1:26 for that.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Okay....so what's the specific verse in the bible that "empowered believers to f**k the planet over".....hmmmm?

Scottsburg, IN

#9660 Apr 22, 2013
Exactly oil companies and other polluters love to use that passage to excuse their destroying the environment.
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>It does according to his interpretation.

Get it?

Scottsburg, IN

#9661 Apr 22, 2013
Oh come on even if Jesus existed and is in heaven, even he would watch bible camp and say.... Ef it I ain't never going back for that! Lol!
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Only if the people Jesus said that to, are still alive .... it's only been a few thousand years. Completely plausible, right?
Imhotep

Saint Petersburg, FL

#9662 Apr 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Oh come on even if Jesus existed and is in heaven, even he would watch bible camp and say.... Ef it I ain't never going back for that! Lol!
<quoted text>
Jesus ain't coming back!

Here is the reason

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xe4g4w_jes...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#9663 Apr 22, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
No, MUQ
"While everybody understands that it's been a very rough decade for the "goddidntdoit" crowd what with confirmation of rapid adaptive mutations blowing up evolution's pet claims and then, of course, confirmation of the discovery of the "God particle".....you Topix bubbas really do have to stop acting like a bunch of crazed chimps with "cage fever", i.e. flinging your feces and trying to piss on passersby. Suck it up, bubbas. This next decade's discoveries is gonna get even rougher....
Read the responses in the thread from the crazed chimps with "cage fever" for context.
Thanks for the explanation. Best of luck for you.
Thinking

Downham Market, UK

#9664 Apr 23, 2013
Totally agree. Nothing about sustainability here.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:26
26 Then God said,“Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
Genesis 1:28
God blessed them and said to them,“Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
1:29 Then God said,“I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.
1:30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
Genesis 9:2
The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands.
Thinking

Downham Market, UK

#9665 Apr 23, 2013
I only post as "Thinking"

Don't judge everyone by your own low standards.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it, bubba.
"Thinking" is your sock puppet, it's YOUR claim, and YOU can't support YOUR claim.
Got it.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#9666 Apr 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so pessimist? That you give it less than a decade?
Despite all what you have written, human population continues to grow!!
You are not providing food for all that multitude, are you? Why should you worry so much about others?
The one who has created all these humans shall provide for their sustenance.
Be optimistic and positive, that is my advice.
Still no comment from you on:-

Is this because you agree with the murder of young girls?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#9667 Apr 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the explanation. Best of luck for you.
Still no comment from you on:-

Is this because you agree with the murder of young girls?

Since: May 11

Woodford Green, UK

#9668 Apr 23, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
No, MUQ
Kitzmiller, et al. v. Dover ASD, et al. 400F. Supp.2d707, Docket. 4CV2688.

shhhhh silly boy.

There is no evolution debate, there is no controversy, except in the heads of those who have so much at stake as their god occupies an ever shrinking pocket of scientific ignorance.

Because evolution is true and your(and my(and every other humans)) chromosome number two proves it beyond a reasonable doubt your worldview comes crashing down like a house of cards.

The batshittery in your `quixotic` posts betrays your internal agony as everything you hold to be true is proven false.

Please don`t stop though, you`re the best advert for atheism and critical thinking on this entire thread.

Texas, USA

#9669 Apr 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Totally agree. Nothing about sustainability here.
<quoted text>
The "fear and dread" part certainly came true. We're the worst thing to ever happen to the planet's biota. We make major comet/asteroid impacts seem benign in comparison. I think the animals must know this somehow. Maybe it's more like 'loathing'... God should have said 'all the beasts of the Earth will come to loath you'. Oh well ... I say "FIRE UP THE PIT!!!"

"Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us and pigs see us as equals." <Winston Churchill>
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#9670 Apr 23, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Kitzmiller, et al. v. Dover ASD, et al. 400F. Supp.2d707, Docket. 4CV2688.
shhhhh silly boy.
There is no evolution debate, there is no controversy, except in the heads of those who have so much at stake as their god occupies an ever shrinking pocket of scientific ignorance.
Because evolution is true and your(and my(and every other humans)) chromosome number two proves it beyond a reasonable doubt your worldview comes crashing down like a house of cards.
The batshittery in your `quixotic` posts betrays your internal agony as everything you hold to be true is proven false.
Please don`t stop though, you`re the best advert for atheism and critical thinking on this entire thread.
Evolution could be true or not, it is besides the point, the main point is that whether this Universe created itself, or got created by chance or is there a Creator.

Once you answer this basic question, all others are easy. And this is the one, on which most of you people just gloss over.

And that is why you keep moving in circles, never finding the true path or true way to argue.

Scottsburg, IN

#9671 Apr 23, 2013
The universe was formed by natural processes, these processes be it gravity or evolution are more like unstoppable juggernauts than mere chance.

You have said it is fine for little girls to be sold into marriage and that killing one for leaving Islam is acceptable correct? If Allah existed and is guiding your savage behavior he could be a creator of nothing.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution could be true or not, it is besides the point, the main point is that whether this Universe created itself, or got created by chance or is there a Creator.

Once you answer this basic question, all others are easy. And this is the one, on which most of you people just gloss over.

And that is why you keep moving in circles, never finding the true path or true way to argue.

Woodford Green, UK

#9672 Apr 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution could be true or not, it is besides the point, the main point is that whether this Universe created itself, or got created by chance or is there a Creator.
Present evidence for a creator...simple.

books of chinese whispers cannot be called proof.

Woodford Green, UK

#9673 Apr 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The universe was formed by natural processes, these processes be it gravity or evolution are more like unstoppable juggernauts than mere chance.
You have said it is fine for little girls to be sold into marriage and that killing one for leaving Islam is acceptable correct? If Allah existed and is guiding your savage behavior he could be a creator of nothing.
<quoted text>
imagine being a 6 year old girl in Yemen...absolutely terrifying.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QfVWU-2pVL4/S73KIOI...

Texas, USA

#9674 Apr 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a tough question, although extremely basic. You see, no one was around. We have to look at the Universe now, billions of years after the fact, to try and figure out what happened. We had to develop the tools required for the job, often while (trying to) avoid condemnation, execution, torture or ridicule. These are major distractions, as you no doubt, well know.

Even so, we have persevered and come up with some pretty amazing details. Most of the remaining uncertainty deals with things that happened in this or that micro, pico or femtosecond after the whole process cascaded into ... what you see around you.

Needless to say, your God (by whatever name) has, for all practical purposes, been whittled away to nothing or, at best, a bit part. The desperate among you insist he was some kind of a 'First Cause' or something and admittedly,'something' probably did occur to act as a triggering event. Such occurrences are common in Nature as various forces seek equilibrium against finite barriers. A single straw has broken many a camel's back.

There's really no need to evoke the 'supernatural' to explain anything. Ultimately, nobody can control the thoughts you keep inside your own head. It's the last place we are entirely free. So, keep worshiping The Cosmic Straw ... I'm sure it's listening. LOL

Scottsburg, IN

#9675 Apr 23, 2013
Oh I know the practice is disturbing and barbaric! Yet these Islamic swine think they can tell us about enlightenment?

A few weeks ago I see some kind person paid off a hospital debt so this poor little 6 year old Afghanistan girl didn't have to marry this 55 year old man!

It had already been approved by the imam and was just days away from happening. Sadly for that one little gel saved thousands more are not so lucky.
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>imagine being a 6 year old girl in Yemen...absolutely terrifying.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QfVWU-2pVL4/S73KIOI...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr Joel 252,863
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) 3 hr Friendly User17 348
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Mon emperorjohn 4,483
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun 25 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
More from around the web