Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 456)

Showing posts 9,101 - 9,120 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your child evolution? Did he/she evolve differently in some fashion or form? Please enlighten me. Have you witnessed evolution?
So your standard of proof only applies to evolution and nothing else.

I rest my case.

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
So cynical....and soooooo ignorant.
Theoretically,“prayer” could work for spontaneous regeneration of body parts, especially if it was the kind of “prayer” which increased the body’s electrical energy field and directed that energy to the site of the wound on the amputee.
Dr Robert Becker wrote a book called “The Body Electric”(circa 1960’s) which disusses his research on regeneration and his successful experiments on many different animals demonstrating that it is possible to trigger spontaneous regeneration of amputated limbs, etc. by applying a low level dc electric charge to the site of the wound.
Scientific research has verified the average human body naturally produces electrical energy--100 watts of power while at rest, 300-400 watts while lightly active, and up to 2,000 watts while at the peak of exertion, like running. Most of this energy output is used for things like digesting/processing food, etc, and some gets wasted in the form of body heat.  These are averages for normal people, not for adepts of the various ancient healing arts:
“A study by Seto in Japan confirmed “a large biomagnetic field emanates from the hands of practitioners of a variety of healing and martial arts techniques, including QiGong, yoga, meditation, Zen, etc. The fields were measured with a simple magnetometer consisting of two 80,000 turn coils and a sensitive amplifier. The fields had a strength of about 10-3 gauss, which is about 1000 times stronger than the strongest human biomagnetic fields (from the heart)… about 1,000,000 times stronger than the fields produced by the brain… As in Zimmerman’s study, the biomagnetic field pulsed with a variable frequency centered around 8-10 Hz.”(Oschman, 79)
It is well documented that children under the age of 7 who have amputated their findertips can regenerate them. Regeneration scientists already know the human body does indeed have a mechanism for such “miracles” but hasn’t figured out why this mechanism stops functioning after the age of 7. Maybe that's the age when humans start losing faith and begin to become cynical....?
are you taking any prescription medication?

correction: have you ceased taking your prescription medication?

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you God?
I see you think you're making all the laws and rules for God to follow.
Ya right!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God"?

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Italy was created by evolution?
Do you even think before you type?
Because I think you should make it a habit.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>But I'm talking about evolution here.
No, you're talking about everything.
You can't pick a subject you wished wasn't true and then apply a ridiculous rule to that subject, and that subject only.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>You have no answer so you get angry and post to your friends.
You have not a rational mind and so you bring up logical fallacies and make stupid statements such as "Italy was made by man."

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>He went extinct for our sins :(
It maybe he went extinct for dinosaur sins.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>So basically you have no idea what you are talking about.
No, you are just ignorant of reality.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>So your standard of proof only applies to evolution and nothing else.

I rest my case.
Yet he expects us to prove something to him that he doesn't want to believe, even if it's a fact.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nice that you appear to care for my well being. You can return to not reading my post.
LOL! It's the well being of people you may come in contact with that concerns me
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't you read the bible? There are no ifs, ands, or buts. There is but one simple instruction. One must merely ask in his name and it shall be given unto thee.
All the flim flamming and twisting is not necessary. Just ask and it shall be done, no qualifiers.
Now now Skippy I wouldn't be talking about reading the Bible it's quite obvious you haven't

What is obvious is you have your favorite scriptures that support your view - any others are patently ignored

Once again an irreligious person must show you the error of your ways. ;)

The problem is that the gift of salvation as taught in the Bible is anything but free.

It first requires that you perform a work. That work is believing Jesus is your Savior and that only he can serve as your intermediary with God.

Of course it also means that you accept all the baggage that goes along with that.

It means you accept as truth that this "God" will punish people for the "sin" of disbelief(Mark 16:16, John 16:9, John 3:18, John 3:36, Heb 3:12, 1 John 2:22),

it requires that you worship a God who will provide infinite punishment for finite sins, and it requires that you accept a God with the behavior of a rather manipulative, power hungry, petty tyrant.

It means you must abandon your mind to save your soul.

You must confess Jesus is your Lord and worship him as such.

Salvation is exchanged for worship and it's nothing more than a holy barter system where you say the magic words and you are saved. On the surface it's cheap, easy, and painless.

It appeals to anyone who doesn't want to be burdened with thinking for themselves.

This form of holy fire insurance is nothing more than false advertising and should be treated with the same regard one would have when he opens a box of Cracker Jacks and digs out the cheap trinket that came as a "free" gift when you purchased the box it came in.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Oops post reply for WRONG PERSON

Apologies to reason personified

I blame this entirely on the devil- The devil caused it ;)

I haven't smoked my morning bong yet. Still working on coffee ;)

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
But I'm talking about evolution here.
No, you're not. You do a fine job of beating up the straw man version of "evolution" you base your "questions" on, but that version bears no resemblance to the actual scientific theory. I also suspect you're fully aware of that as well.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you need to go back and back up what you believe with facts. You have not seen evolution or tested anything. You can not explain evolution when we don't even have complete fossils. I've challenged you and your only reply is your dumb comments to other atheists. Now take the challenge loser and answer. Test your knowledge. If there's tons of evidence, show it to me. Lol! This is really beginning to get fun!
Sorry EW, but this has already been addressed. And your only argument so far has been "nothing is determinable so nothing is knowable". Pure nihilism. The ultimate consequence of which is that the only person in the universe that's real is you.

Which is daft.(shrug)
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
Oops post reply for WRONG PERSON
I blame this entirely on the devil-
lol. Its funny when that happens!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure that "miracle" will be world wide news, bubba.
There are many things people believed were impossible....until somebody did it. People believed the 4 minute mile was impossible to run....until somebody did it a few years back. Now runners do it all the time and a few runners have even achieved shaving as much as 17 seconds off the 4 minutes.
Your mental construct of what is possible or impossible, real or unreal, true or not true, is just that.....a mental construct. It exists only in your mind.
Oh, I totally agree. However you may note that nothing that is possible is necessarily due to "divine power" or whatever, unless your definition of such includes the mundane.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
But I'm talking about evolution here.
No you're not. If you were you'd have addressed the evidence with something else other than a silly nihilistic argument.
Educated What wrote:
So basically you have no idea what you are talking about.
Projection.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Do these fools ever actually read what they post?
Looks that way. EZ clearly stated he had no evidence because it was all wiped out by the theological powers establishing Paulanity at the time. And that somehow it was atheistic propaganda.

Then accused ME of beating up a straw-man! The gaul!

>:-(
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. Its funny when that happens!
Not only funny but embarrassing :-(

I am ultra liberal - No political affiliation or preference - i loath discrimination in any form.

I define myself is simply irreligious.

And fortunate not to have been indoctrinated during childhood by my parents.

Our Sundays were spent with family time picnics and fun and not wasted in some church yelling and bowing to imaginary beings.

PS I still declare on my longform my bogus donations to my favorite cult.

Uncle Sam IRS looks up his chart to see what it will allow For a default religious donation - and accepts the deduction if thou are not greedy!

You got to love America!

Lying for Jesus can be profitable as is evidenced by all the televangelist we see each weekend

In this small way I get 'a piece of the action ' sans the pomp and circumstance

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no answer so you get angry and post to your friends.
And AGAIN: If you are going to declare evolution hopelessly flawed, you should have a better explanation that fits the evidence well (better). So far, all you've got is a lot of assertions and face flapping.

Basically, you've got nothing again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,101 - 9,120 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 18 min Shamma 198,556
Pagan High Priest Claims Discrimination by City... 9 hr probably Discrimination 3
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe 9 hr probably true 70
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) 16 hr CShine 90
Ouija Board... SCARY STUFF! NEED HELP! (Aug '07) 16 hr CShine 1,015
Need Help - Shadow Person Protector or Harmful? (May '09) Wed Shawn 9
Novice needs Wiccan Friend..... Jul 7 Novice 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••