Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 454)

Showing posts 9,061 - 9,080 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Since I don't read many of your posts beyond the first line (willful ignorance disgusts me) I may be wrong, but this has got to be one of the most ignorant things you've posted.

If that was your goal, bravo, you are a "success"! If that was not your goal please stay away from the general population, busy streets, sharp objects and projectile weapons of any kind.
It's nice that you appear to care for my well being. You can return to not reading my post.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Gods? So you believe in several gods?
God's Will. Ha ha ha
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
So cynical....and soooooo ignorant.
Theoretically,“prayer” could work for spontaneous regeneration of body parts, especially if it was the kind of “prayer” which increased the body’s electrical energy field and directed that energy to the site of the wound on the amputee.
Of course no reason for us to be cynical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regeneration_%28...

When prayer healing works on an amputated limb from the shoulder or hip, let us know.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you God?
I see you think you're making all the laws and rules for God to follow.
Ya right!
Oh, the irony...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

I know but hey make believe is fun! Next up they will be saying Noah's ark was found and the shroud of Turin is authentic!

:)
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>shhh...don`t tell `them` but there is no historical record of a Nazareth existing until the end of the first century CE.

Since: Apr 13

Sao Paolo, Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

I do not think atheism will replace religion.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

I have learned not to think little of any one's belief, no matter how strange it may be. I have tried to keep an open mind, and it is not the ordinary things of life that could close it, but the strange things, the extraordinary things, the things that make one doubt if they be mad or sane.
Bram Stoker , Dracula

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
shhh...don`t tell `them` but there is no historical record of a Nazareth existing until the end of the first century CE.
Nazareth was in the Galilee near Mt. Carmel, one of many ancient Essene communities located in Palestine as well as in Egypt, Iraq, India, Persia, etc.

"In Phoenicia he (Pythagoras) conversed with the prophets who were the descendants of Moses the physiologist, and with many others, as well as the local heirophants .... After gaining all he could from the Phoenician Mysteries, he found that they had originated from the sacred rites of Egypt, forming as it were an Egyptian colony.... On the Phoenician coast under Mt. Carmel, where, in the Temple on the peak, Pythagoras for the most part had dwelt in solitude ... Mount Carmel, which they knew to be more sacred than other mountains, and quite inaccessible to the vulgar..."
(Life of Pythagoras by Iamblichus)

Mt. Carmel was considered holy ground by the Essenes and no building construction was allowed, only impermanent structures like tents and huts, so there wouldn't have been any building sites to be excavated by archaeologists except for the Mt. Carmel temple site which was located in 1929.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying your evidence was destroyed by the evil Christian conspiracy of the Council of Nicea nearly three centuries later?
Darn.
No. That's what your strawman says, not me, bubba.
MrC

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No point in trying to explain that one to fundies.
In fact ironically, for the same reasons, it also means God Himself has no free will. But fundies won't understand that either.
Paradoxes make their dogma hurt....

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Man made the god(s), but man did not make that land mass called Italy, he just named the dirt.

Serious, go back to school. Your education is broken.
Nope, you need to go back and back up what you believe with facts. You have not seen evolution or tested anything. You can not explain evolution when we don't even have complete fossils. I've challenged you and your only reply is your dumb comments to other atheists. Now take the challenge loser and answer. Test your knowledge. If there's tons of evidence, show it to me. Lol! This is really beginning to get fun!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It has long ago been proven, and that none of us choose to rehash the billions of words, that make it undeniable, does not invalidate it's truth.

Serious, go back to school. Your education is broken.
Prove it! Show me what you know. Lol!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>Have you witnessed the birth of my child? I know that you have not.

My child exists, this is beyond dispute, she has a certificate of birth, a social circle, a family, she attends a school and her life affects my life and the life of her mother. You cannot accept that my daughter is alive and remain intellectually credible...not that you ever did, because only 4 people witnessed her birth and you were not one of them.

In your subjective reality which is motivated to preserve the illusion of your dogma you cannot in one breath say that you believe that my child exists and in another breath state that unless an event is witnessed by you it never happened in spite of evidence to show that it did.

Have you ever heard the maxim, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"? Your god requires `special pleading` even to exist as a concept. You god requires the acceptance of a priori roughly in the form of "everything exists until dis-proven", to even stand a chance in a reasoned and intellectually honest debate.
Is your child evolution? Did he/she evolve differently in some fashion or form? Please enlighten me. Have you witnessed evolution?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution does occur with every birth and every death. I was talking about speciation, the evolution of one species into another.

And you fail to read with comprehension, I carefully outlined the rare cases where it (speciation) can be seen in our life time.

But so what? Being there to witness it continuously is a ridiculous standard of evidence. YOU don't even abide by it. Were you there to see your Gawd create the world? Were you there to see this mythical Global Flood? Were you there to see this Christ guy? Or are you relying on evidence even less reliable than that of evolution, like ancient goat herder fables for example?
So why doesn't evolution predict the sex of a child? If so, when humans evolved from apes (chuckle) how did evolution decide if they were male or female?

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course no reason for us to be cynical.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regeneration_%28...
When prayer healing works on an amputated limb from the shoulder or hip, let us know.
I am sure that "miracle" will be world wide news, bubba.

There are many things people believed were impossible....until somebody did it. People believed the 4 minute mile was impossible to run....until somebody did it a few years back. Now runners do it all the time and a few runners have even achieved shaving as much as 17 seconds off the 4 minutes.

Your mental construct of what is possible or impossible, real or unreal, true or not true, is just that.....a mental construct. It exists only in your mind.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Sorry it didn't exist at the time your Jew on a stick was said to live. It doesn't appear on any maps at the time Josephus didn't document it on his maps not mention it in any of his writings.

Keep failing for our amusement though.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Nazareth was in the Galilee near Mt. Carmel, one of many ancient Essene communities located in Palestine as well as in Egypt, Iraq, India, Persia, etc.

"In Phoenicia he (Pythagoras) conversed with the prophets who were the descendants of Moses the physiologist, and with many others, as well as the local heirophants .... After gaining all he could from the Phoenician Mysteries, he found that they had originated from the sacred rites of Egypt, forming as it were an Egyptian colony.... On the Phoenician coast under Mt. Carmel, where, in the Temple on the peak, Pythagoras for the most part had dwelt in solitude ... Mount Carmel, which they knew to be more sacred than other mountains, and quite inaccessible to the vulgar..."
(Life of Pythagoras by Iamblichus)

Mt. Carmel was considered holy ground by the Essenes and no building construction was allowed, only impermanent structures like tents and huts, so there wouldn't have been any building sites to be excavated by archaeologists except for the Mt. Carmel temple site which was located in 1929.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>No fallacy because man made Italy not evolution.
Now you're saying man made Italy?
BAHAHAHAHA!
You're just making yourself look worse and worse.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
"If God is their creator as well, then if he wanted them to be different, he would have created them differently. "
He created them just as he wanted them to be. Who are you to tell God what he should have done?
I don't, you do!! If your God is all knowing when he created his creatures, then he knew what they would do when he made them, if he wanted them to make different decisions, he could have made them,(programmed them) to make different decisions of their own free will .... which would mean it is not really free will. Any time you claim someone "sinned" because of their "free will" then you are saying God should have created and programmed them differently at creation.
KJV wrote:
"Also, if these people used their "free will" to do something other than what God had planned, then God can not know the future, which would mean he is not God."
God gives free will even if he does not like what you do with it. This does not mean that he will not hold you accountable for your actions.
If this were true, then God can not create the future and therefore can not know the future, he is not omniscient and therefore, not God.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Your only defense now is to use insults. That's funny.
You're the one who believes that anything you didn't witness yourself is false. By your own rule, you've proven your god to be false.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>So how did humans or any living creature start in this world?
Well, you don't know that either.
Did they even start?
I mean, you never witnessed a start, so there wasn't one, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,061 - 9,080 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 40 min El Cid 193,679
Two guilty of 'ritualistic' abuse (Dec '12) 15 hr Jumper The Wise 406
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) 23 hr Kathwynn 76
Triad Wiccans gather to meditate (Apr '07) 23 hr Kathwynn 66
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... Apr 19 Grumpy Guy 59
The Easter message is the Resurrection not the ... Apr 18 Sol 1
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Apr 18 Lmhw 9
•••
•••