Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#9364 Apr 17, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
This sums it for you too.
I only pray for Gods will to be carried out and that I can know his will.
Gods will is freedom to do and think as you like. You're a perfect example of Gods will to let babbling fools exist.
Just as the bomber had his or her free will to kill and hurt others. If God corrected those injuries he would then be taking away the bombers free will.
See everyone gets their free will and in the end we will all be judged. That's the only way it can work.
If God is their creator as well, then if he wanted them to be different, he would have created them differently.

Also, if these people used their "free will" to do something other than what God had planned, then God can not know the future, which would mean he is not God.

So, you see, it still doesn't work.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#9366 Apr 17, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one. Do you realize that Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Jesus said basically the same thing about "organized religion" ?
Did they say "It's a load of bollocks"?
MrC

UK

#9367 Apr 17, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I only pray for Gods will to be carried out and that I can know his will.
Gods will is freedom to do and think as you like. You're a perfect example of Gods will to let babbling fools exist.
Just as the bomber had his or her free will to kill and hurt others. If God corrected those injuries he would then be taking away the bombers free will.
See everyone gets their free will and in the end we will all be judged. That's the only way it can work.
What a silly Billy you are.

You can't have freewill and an omniscient god.

The two things are diametrically opposed to eachother.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#9368 Apr 17, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it?
Have you been there?
Or is it just a hoax?
You are really just believing what others have told you about Italy. But yet you believe with you're whole heart that Italy exist in real life. Just on the word of others. I would bet you would be willing to bet your life on Italy existing. Simple on the words of other. Sound familiar?
Since I don't read many of your posts beyond the first line (willful ignorance disgusts me) I may be wrong, but this has got to be one of the most ignorant things you've posted.

If that was your goal, bravo, you are a "success"! If that was not your goal please stay away from the general population, busy streets, sharp objects and projectile weapons of any kind.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#9369 Apr 17, 2013
Bravo!:)
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>I`m loathe to use a Frenchman but Diderot sums it up better than I ever could:

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest".

Lexington, KY

#9370 Apr 17, 2013
Gods? So you believe in several gods?
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>I only pray for Gods will to be carried out and that I can know his will.

Lexington, KY

#9371 Apr 17, 2013
Prove this James existed and that he was indeed the brother of Jesus? Show secular documented proof of this. Hell show secular proof this Jesus of Nazareth even existed and wasn't just a construct for a new religion?
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>That's just atheist propaganda, bubba.

James aka James the Just, was indeed a contemporary of Jesus. He was Jesus' younger brother, the one who assumed leadership of Jesus' followers after the resurrection and ascension. He was also the author of the Book of James which is part of the NT cannon. Then there is also the writings of the John, the youngest Apostle. There was also another book, a compilation called the Book of the Hebrews aka Book of the Apostles. etc. which was written by Jesus' contemporaries and his first 12 followers which is discussed in writings by various early Roman Catholic theologians as well as the reasons it was banned as heretical to church dogma and every copy ordered destroyed circa 320 AD after the Council at Nicea.

Since: May 11

UK

#9372 Apr 17, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Prove this James existed and that he was indeed the brother of Jesus? Show secular documented proof of this. Hell show secular proof this Jesus of Nazareth even existed and wasn't just a construct for a new religion?
<quoted text>
shhh...don`t tell `them` but there is no historical record of a Nazareth existing until the end of the first century CE.
KJV

United States

#9373 Apr 17, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>If God is their creator as well, then if he wanted them to be different, he would have created them differently.

Also, if these people used their "free will" to do something other than what God had planned, then God can not know the future, which would mean he is not God.

So, you see, it still doesn't work.
"If God is their creator as well, then if he wanted them to be different, he would have created them differently. "

He created them just as he wanted them to be. Who are you to tell God what he should have done?

"Also, if these people used their "free will" to do something other than what God had planned, then God can not know the future, which would mean he is not God."

God gives free will even if he does not like what you do with it. This does not mean that he will not hold you accountable for your actions.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#9374 Apr 17, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...and those prayers will achieve exactly the same result as every prayer uttered in the past.
Try praying for the spontaneous regeneration of traumatically amputated limbs in Boston and we`ll see what happens shall we.
So cynical....and soooooo ignorant.

Theoretically,“prayer” could work for spontaneous regeneration of body parts, especially if it was the kind of “prayer” which increased the body’s electrical energy field and directed that energy to the site of the wound on the amputee.

Dr Robert Becker wrote a book called “The Body Electric”(circa 1960’s) which disusses his research on regeneration and his successful experiments on many different animals demonstrating that it is possible to trigger spontaneous regeneration of amputated limbs, etc. by applying a low level dc electric charge to the site of the wound.

Scientific research has verified the average human body naturally produces electrical energy--100 watts of power while at rest, 300-400 watts while lightly active, and up to 2,000 watts while at the peak of exertion, like running. Most of this energy output is used for things like digesting/processing food, etc, and some gets wasted in the form of body heat.  These are averages for normal people, not for adepts of the various ancient healing arts:

“A study by Seto in Japan confirmed “a large biomagnetic field emanates from the hands of practitioners of a variety of healing and martial arts techniques, including QiGong, yoga, meditation, Zen, etc. The fields were measured with a simple magnetometer consisting of two 80,000 turn coils and a sensitive amplifier. The fields had a strength of about 10-3 gauss, which is about 1000 times stronger than the strongest human biomagnetic fields (from the heart)… about 1,000,000 times stronger than the fields produced by the brain… As in Zimmerman’s study, the biomagnetic field pulsed with a variable frequency centered around 8-10 Hz.”(Oschman, 79)

It is well documented that children under the age of 7 who have amputated their findertips can regenerate them. Regeneration scientists already know the human body does indeed have a mechanism for such “miracles” but hasn’t figured out why this mechanism stops functioning after the age of 7. Maybe that's the age when humans start losing faith and begin to become cynical....?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#9375 Apr 17, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just atheist propaganda, bubba.
James aka James the Just, was indeed a contemporary of Jesus. He was Jesus' younger brother, the one who assumed leadership of Jesus' followers after the resurrection and ascension. He was also the author of the Book of James which is part of the NT cannon. Then there is also the writings of the John, the youngest Apostle. There was also another book, a compilation called the Book of the Hebrews aka Book of the Apostles. etc. which was written by Jesus' contemporaries and his first 12 followers which is discussed in writings by various early Roman Catholic theologians as well as the reasons it was banned as heretical to church dogma and every copy ordered destroyed circa 320 AD after the Council at Nicea.
So you're saying your evidence was destroyed by the evil Christian conspiracy of the Council of Nicea nearly three centuries later?

Darn.
KJV

United States

#9376 Apr 17, 2013
MrC wrote:
<quoted text>What a silly Billy you are.

Are you God?

I see you think you're making all the laws and rules for God to follow.

Ya right!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#9377 Apr 17, 2013
MrC wrote:
<quoted text>
What a silly Billy you are.
No point in trying to explain that one to fundies.

In fact ironically, for the same reasons, it also means God Himself has no free will. But fundies won't understand that either.
KJV

United States

#9378 Apr 17, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Since I don't read many of your posts beyond the first line (willful ignorance disgusts me) I may be wrong, but this has got to be one of the most ignorant things you've posted.

If that was your goal, bravo, you are a "success"! If that was not your goal please stay away from the general population, busy streets, sharp objects and projectile weapons of any kind.
It's nice that you appear to care for my well being. You can return to not reading my post.
KJV

United States

#9379 Apr 17, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Gods? So you believe in several gods?
God's Will. Ha ha ha
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#9380 Apr 17, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
So cynical....and soooooo ignorant.
Theoretically,“prayer” could work for spontaneous regeneration of body parts, especially if it was the kind of “prayer” which increased the body’s electrical energy field and directed that energy to the site of the wound on the amputee.
Of course no reason for us to be cynical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regeneration_%28...

When prayer healing works on an amputated limb from the shoulder or hip, let us know.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#9381 Apr 17, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you God?
I see you think you're making all the laws and rules for God to follow.
Ya right!
Oh, the irony...

Lexington, KY

#9382 Apr 17, 2013
I know but hey make believe is fun! Next up they will be saying Noah's ark was found and the shroud of Turin is authentic!

:)
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>shhh...don`t tell `them` but there is no historical record of a Nazareth existing until the end of the first century CE.

Since: Apr 13

Sao Paolo, Brazil

#9383 Apr 17, 2013
I do not think atheism will replace religion.
Lincoln

United States

#9384 Apr 17, 2013
I have learned not to think little of any one's belief, no matter how strange it may be. I have tried to keep an open mind, and it is not the ordinary things of life that could close it, but the strange things, the extraordinary things, the things that make one doubt if they be mad or sane.
Bram Stoker , Dracula

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 15 min Eric 202,143
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep 8 Kathwynn 14
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Sep 7 Kathwynn 2
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep 1 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
•••

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE