Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14660 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

#8552 Apr 11, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
All I ask for is to see the supposed evidence, none has ever been posted. All I get is this kind of answer, yet you nor anyone else has ever actually posted any.
NOW BE SO KNID AS TO POST SOME>
I already did.
I can only assume that you are also a troll who cannot read.

Orefield, PA

#8553 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Typical diversion from evotwot once again. post you evidence if you actually have any. I seriously doubt if you do.
All I have been asking for is 100% factual evidence that will once and for all prove that evolution is factual as you claim. WHERE IS it evotwot.
See above post
troll
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8554 Apr 11, 2013
Once again creation is not a theory it is a fact
If by "creation" you mean existence then I agree. If by creation you mean existence was made by an invisible magical Jewish wizard then that is not a fact but rather a baseless claim without evidence.
evolution is now and will always just be a theory or myth
Actually it will always be a scientific theory. It MIGHT one day be falsified, but that has yet to happen.
if you are totally honest with your self.
We know you're not.(shrug)
The above link does not prove evolution at all
But it certainly does demonstrate it.
both DNA and RNA are created matter.
Like I said, they exist, yes. Were they created by an invisible wizard? Not as far as can be determined. But even if they were that still does not address evolution.

So all in all, all your argument is "Evolution just didn't happen cuz GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC!" followed by a lot of posturing. Congratulations, you demonstrated yourself to be just another uneducated ignorant fundie liar for Jesus!
You gotta be kidding

Christchurch, New Zealand

#8555 Apr 11, 2013
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
I already did.
I can only assume that you are also a troll who cannot read.
Just as expected, nothing coming once again. Oh well I guess that is only to be expected.
Lincoln

United States

#8556 Apr 11, 2013
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead .....
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8557 Apr 11, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Atheism is a fact, until theists prove that god is possible actually.
Actually you are incorrect. Atheism is not the default answer if theists can't provide evidence of a God. You're making the same mistake they do when they claim if evolution is incorrect then that means Goddidit with magic.
-Skeptic- wrote:
I'm happy with reality being what it is - entirely godless.
If you disagree, the burden or proof is upon you to prove that a god is possible (which you've failed to do for 2 years).
Very simple. By virtue of the fact you have yet to prove a God is IMpossible. I make no claim yay or nay. You have made the *positive* claim that it is 100% absolute impossible, period. End of story. You have failed for that long.
-Skeptic- wrote:
But we already know that is point 1. which you are scared of answering for the last two years (because you know that you are categorically wrong on this point and its embarrassing for your ego to admit this).
On the contrary, you have been answered and already know this. I'm still waiting on your response. All you have done is repeated your arguments, not addressed mine that followed. Remember it's all still here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
-Skeptic- wrote:
Wrong. One does not have to know everything to know something.
I never claimed that. I said since no-one's been able to to observe past our current universal boundaries you cannot state state for certain that your position is 100% correct.
-Skeptic- wrote:
I can know that 2 atoms + 2 atoms = 4 without a doubt, I don't need to know everything to know this. That's actually the f*cking reason why science is so important and critical.
If scientists threw their hands in the air and said, "Sh*t we need to survey the whole universe, before we test this DNA" nothing would ever get done.
Agreed.
-Skeptic- wrote:
Your lack of understanding of science shows a lot, its probably why you are agnostic - its takes a special kind of ignorance from you.
Ad hom.
-Skeptic- wrote:
Yes it does, it does that all the f*cking time.
Try the zeroth law of thermodynamics - energy cannot be created or destroyed, there's a fundamental absolute which is an absolute.
There are many many countless examples, including universal constants, direct mathematical absolute relationships - its all there if you bothered to study or be curious about the world.
But you don't you're willfully ignorant about all of this stuff - ironically the most fascinating stuff of all - the core of science - natural laws.
Is cause and effect an absolute? Or was that idea all thrown outta whack when along came quantum physics? Is EXACTLY one third absolutely impossible in base 10 or can I change axioms and have exactly one third if I switch to base 3? What does that say about "mathematical absolute relationships"?
-Skeptic- wrote:
Dogma is claiming that god is possible, when all scientific evidence points to the opposite.
No, all science simply points to a complete lack of evidence. Not QUITE the same thing.
-Skeptic- wrote:
It is the duty of theist and ignorant agnostics like yourself to prove god is possible, before entertaining such ridiculous and unscientific claims.
I agree that the concept is unscientific. That does not make it impossible. Can we currently test for the existence of other universes?
Imhotep

Stuart, FL

#8558 Apr 11, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead .....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rHJoj9IqeKgXX
Would that be one of those Bible Witches?

There's a much more entertaining video

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xe4g4w_jes...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8559 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
The so called evidence for the evolution of human beings, I have addressed this before but because you are so brainwashed I will do so again. The vast majority of these so called "specimens' consist of no more than a few bone fragments and an artist with a good imagination. I love the one where you evotwots too a human scull and a chimp jaw bone and a grinder to make them fit, oh ad yes how about the one with a partial scull and a fragment of a leg bone (fund over 1 km away) and hay presto we have a new species.
What a joke.
I have not addressed anything. That's your problem.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8560 Apr 11, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text> I have not addressed anything. That's your problem.
Darn it, that's YOU have not addressed anything. Okay, gonna catch some flack for that one ain't I?

(sigh)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8561 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Foul mouthed response .......... just what I have come to expect. Ok then here is a challenge for you. Post just one bit of scientific evidence that is 100% irrefutable factual evidence that 100% proves that atheism is 100% factual. There just one little piece.
Come on, Skippy! For once he actually has a point here. You're handing him your stupidity on a plate. And YGBK is a dumb-as-a-plank YEC for pity's sake.
You gotta be kidding

#8562 Apr 11, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not addressed anything. That's your problem.
I am glad you finally admit it, so when will you addressing something?

Orefield, PA

#8563 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Just as expected, nothing coming once again. Oh well I guess that is only to be expected.
Once again you have failed to respond to what I have provided.

Oh well, you run away just like all theists. Nothing new there.
You gotta be kidding

#8564 Apr 11, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, Skippy! For once he actually has a point here. You're handing him your stupidity on a plate. And YGBK is a dumb-as-a-plank YEC for pity's sake.
What point, that atheism is a scientific fact, Ok but I am still waiting for that fact to be posted, as I am still waiting for the 100% irrefutable factual evidence for evolution, I am yet to see either.

Orefield, PA

#8565 Apr 11, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are incorrect. Atheism is not the default answer if theists can't provide evidence of a God. You're making the same mistake they do when they claim if evolution is incorrect then that means Goddidit with magic.
<quoted text>
Very simple. By virtue of the fact you have yet to prove a God is IMpossible. I make no claim yay or nay. You have made the *positive* claim that it is 100% absolute impossible, period. End of story. You have failed for that long.
<quoted text>
On the contrary, you have been answered and already know this. I'm still waiting on your response. All you have done is repeated your arguments, not addressed mine that followed. Remember it's all still here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
<quoted text>
I never claimed that. I said since no-one's been able to to observe past our current universal boundaries you cannot state state for certain that your position is 100% correct.
<quoted text>
Agreed.
<quoted text>
Ad hom.
<quoted text>
Is cause and effect an absolute? Or was that idea all thrown outta whack when along came quantum physics? Is EXACTLY one third absolutely impossible in base 10 or can I change axioms and have exactly one third if I switch to base 3? What does that say about "mathematical absolute relationships"?
<quoted text>
No, all science simply points to a complete lack of evidence. Not QUITE the same thing.
<quoted text>
I agree that the concept is unscientific. That does not make it impossible. Can we currently test for the existence of other universes?
Do you believe that there is a possibility that pink, fluffy, flying unicorns exist?
You gotta be kidding

#8566 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Once again you have failed to respond to what I have provided.
Oh well, you run away just like all theists. Nothing new there.
That would simply be because you have not actually posted anything, when you do I will gladly respond to it. Me run a way never.

So now go ahead and actually post this 100% irrefutable fact that will once and for all prove evolution is true and factual.

I AM STILL WAITING>

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#8567 Apr 11, 2013
State the specific information on the links Dude have you and why you think the information is specifically wrong.

Otherwise your questions have been answered.
<quoted text>So you are so far gone that you do not even know what a profanity is, poor you.

once again I have addressed to so called proof, and proved it to be no more than an attempt to brainwash.

If your version of education is brainwashing I will gladly remain un-brainwashed.
You gotta be kidding

#8568 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you believe that there is a possibility that pink, fluffy, flying unicorns exist?
Unicorns were not able to fly, they had no wings, FOOLISH EVOTWOT.
You gotta be kidding

#8569 Apr 11, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
State the specific information on the links Dude have you and why you think the information is specifically wrong.
Otherwise your questions have been answered.
<quoted text>
I did but for to help you out here it is again.

1) The so called evidence for the evolution of human beings, I have addressed this before but because you are so brainwashed I will do so again. The vast majority of these so called "specimens' consist of no more than a few bone fragments and an artist with a good imagination. I love the one where you evotwots too a human scull and a chimp jaw bone and a grinder to make them fit, oh ad yes how about the one with a partial scull and a fragment of a leg bone (fund over 1 km away) and hay presto we have a new species.
2) The above link does not prove evolution at all, both DNA and RNA are created matter
Imhotep

Stuart, FL

#8570 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
That would simply be because you have not actually posted anything, when you do I will gladly respond to it. Me run a way never.
So now go ahead and actually post this 100% irrefutable fact that will once and for all prove evolution is true and factual.
I AM STILL WAITING>
It's going to be a long Long very long wait

Here's why

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xe4g4w_jes...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8571 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
I am glad you finally admit it, so when will you addressing something?
Man, I'm a prophet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 11 min NotQuiter 224,846
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun 23 Drake_Burrwood 1
News Illogical Religious Positions? Jun 15 Looney Tunes 1
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 14 Davglix 107
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Jun 12 MakesUBeGone 2
Jesus Christ, the Son of God Jun 5 Son of man 1
HELP Wicca Covens in my area! (Jun '09) Jun 4 isis 63
More from around the web