Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14660 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Lincoln

United States

#8391 Apr 7, 2013
Atheist East Germany is alive and thriving — or at least the household products of the former communist state still have their fans all over the world.
Here in this mail order business in Tangermuende, 100km west of Berlin, there are cardboard boxes stocked with products familiar only to former citizens of the German Democratic Republic (GDR).
ATA scouring powder, Huhn (hen) egg cups and Mekorna porridge, along with the blue-and-red scarves of the country’s scouting movement are on show for traders passing through the warehouse, inspecting long lists of orders for their clients.
The company has been doing good trade for the past 10 years on the basis of the wave of “Ostalgia” for products dating back to the simpler times of the communist era.
And the boom in “Made in GDR” products shows little sign of coming to an end.
The business has grown every year since it opened, bringing in a turnover of €1.2mn ($1.5mn) in 2012, up 11% on the year before.
Alongside the online shop there is also a GDR department store in the historic old city of Tangermuende, where the products are on sale.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#8392 Apr 7, 2013
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. The person who sees the whole visible universe and says, I would rather not look for answers, but would rather say "Goddidit"
If the answer to every question would have been "Goddidit", we would still be cowering in caves, thinking that lightning was the wrath of god.
Well it is still much better to say "God did it" for things which you cannot understand or explain, rather than saying "I do not know how it happened, but no God did it".

This shows you stupid you people are.

You deny that no God created it, when you have any irrefutable proof.

But Athiests deny the thing for which they have no proof, that is why they are the most stupid, unreasonable and illogical people on the face of this earth.

Is any thing unplanned in this Universe, is there any thing which is not following some laws and bound by it?

Who created these laws? Newton? Darwin or Einstein?

God did it is still a 100000 time better answer than saying "No God did not do it"!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#8393 Apr 7, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull Crap!! For starters, Classical Mechanics does not appear to apply to very small particles so you would declare the entire science invalid on that basis?? That would be pretty stupid.
Secondly, if your theory of "sky daddy diddit with pixie dust" were true then all theories of that nature would have to be the same. They aren't http://www.godchecker.com
I would not discredit science. Science is a tool , and every tool has its limitation.

If you use a wrong tool for the job, it is your problem not the problem of the tool.

Science is basically a set of rules which humans formed to explain and find out how things in nature are working.

As the knowledge of ours increase, we modify our rules and laws to keep pace with new facts observed.

This is positive aspect of science and no reasonable man denies it.

But when we start using science to say that "There is no Creator of this Universe"....we are indeed misusing science.

It is neither the job, nor the position and not the purpose of science to deal on these subjects.

Science gets a bad name for the over zealous behaviour of these Pseudo Scientists.

They put Sceince and religion as opponents of each other, while in reality there is no conflict between them. True Sceince and True religion always support each other.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#8394 Apr 7, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>Once again I guess your post with the 100% factual evidence must have been deleted because it is not here anywhere and I just looked to make sure. So be so kind as to post it again.
Again, you are blind to proof.
You lack the intelligence to see proof.
You can't find it because you don't want to.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#8395 Apr 7, 2013
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed in an isolated system like the multiverse. So, what need for an extra-cosmic god who creates from nothing. LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#8396 Apr 7, 2013
Explain the mechanism of creation from nothing.

Begin by defining nothing.

(smiles)
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8397 Apr 7, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are blind to proof.
You lack the intelligence to see proof.
You can't find it because you don't want to.
Oh dear diversions again, let me use simple language so you might understand.

POST YOUR 100% FACTUAL EVIDENCE TO PROVE EVOLUTION, YOU HAVE NOT YET DONE SO, THAT MEANS I COULD NOT POSSIBLY READ WHAT YOU HAVE NOT POSTED. There do you understand it this time. I am still waiting. You evotwots are ever so stupid constantly claiming that you have facts but never posting them.
Imhotep

Riverview, FL

#8398 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
POST YOUR 100% FACTUAL EVIDENCE TO PROVE EVOLUTION, YOU HAVE NOT YET DONE SO, THAT MEANS I COULD NOT POSSIBLY READ WHAT YOU HAVE NOT POSTED. There do you understand it this time. I am still waiting. You evotwots are ever so stupid constantly claiming that you have facts but never posting them.
Provide evidence that your God is the only true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.

Provide evidence that your holy book is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with theirs.

The arrogance is palpable.
Evolution is fact not fiction, visit the library sometime.

"And do you think that unto such as you;
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew:
God gave the secret, and denied it me?
Well, well, what matters it!
Believe that,&#65279; too."
Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#8399 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Natural selection and cell division for starters. What's the matter? Did you sleep through your biology class?
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8400 Apr 7, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural selection and cell division for starters. What's the matter? Did you sleep through your biology class?
Natural selection is described in evolutionary circles as the opposite to selective breeding, and cell division is the natural process for growth and development, neither are any sort of proof for evolution so if you have anything better to add why don't you. My goodness you evotwots are stupid.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8401 Apr 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide evidence that your God is the only true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.
Provide evidence that your holy book is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with theirs.
The arrogance is palpable.
Evolution is fact not fiction, visit the library sometime.
"And do you think that unto such as you;
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew:
God gave the secret, and denied it me?
Well, well, what matters it!
Believe that,&#65279; too."
Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
Is this your attempt to divert the thread away form the fact that none of you evotwots have ever been able to post what I and others have asked for.

Ok then, here we go again:- post any 100% factual proof that evolution is factual.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8402 Apr 7, 2013
That would be....

Creation and Intelligent Design: 158,
evolution: nil

Need I say more.
Imhotep

Riverview, FL

#8403 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Is this your attempt to divert the thread away form the fact that none of you evotwots have ever been able to post what I and others have asked for.
Ok then, here we go again:- post any 100% factual proof that evolution is factual.
There isn't anything to divert dimwit visit the library

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#8404 Apr 7, 2013
What term did you disapprove of then?
<quoted text>It's not the answer it's the terminology.

Lexington, KY

#8405 Apr 7, 2013
No god did not do it?

No atheist would ever say that because it's not even English. Hell translate that mess into any language and it still isn't something any sane person would say.

Until you prove there is a god you cannot assign attributes and deeds to him. Sorry but that's how it is.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>God did it is still a 100000 time better answer than saying "No God did not do it"!!

Lexington, KY

#8406 Apr 7, 2013
You wish to assert a god did it all yes? Well first you have to prove there is a god and until you can do that you are just humiliating yourself colon.
<quoted text>Is this your attempt to divert the thread away form the fact that none of you evotwots have ever been able to post what I and others have asked for.

Lexington, KY

#8407 Apr 7, 2013
No that would be your IQ sub 88
That would be....

Need I say more.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#8408 Apr 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You wish to assert a god did it all yes? Well first you have to prove there is a god and until you can do that you are just humiliating yourself colon.
<quoted text>
That there is God, does not require any proof. the very existence of this Universe, proves that there is God who created it.

It is only those who deny the existence of God, it is they who need to provide every proof that He does not exist.

It if for them to prove that things create themselves and / or they just get created by chance.

You cannot put believers and non believers on the same footing.

Those who deny existence of God, even after seeing this vast universe and how every thing works in it are the people who are dumb, blind and very very unreasonable.

To call such people as human is insulting humans, that is why Quran calls such people as "Like Cattle, but even lower than cattle"...

No cattle will come and say "Darwin or Newton or Einstein created us"!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#8409 Apr 7, 2013
Poly math wrote:
01. All of this only shows you understand nothing of how science works.

02. Quantum mechanics describes how electrons in atoms behave,

03. In fact, the vast majority of sciences do not address the question of the origin of their subjects

04. In fact, it is quite rare for a subject to address the origin of

05. So, the fact that evolution deals with how biological species change over time without also dealing ..

That's how science works.
Ans.

Thanks for your beautifully written monograph on science and its subject matters.

If I summarise, it in few words , then let me say that basic steps in science is that:

a. First we observe certain phenomenon in nature

b. Then we collect as much data about it as we can.

c. Then we try to formulate laws and rules that can explain these known observations.

d. If they are able to explain most facts, then these rules become laws.

e. But if we observe new facts and now observations, we modify or change our laws to suit the new observations.

f. This slow and step by step procedure is what has contributed to growth of science and human knowledge thru out human civilization.

g. Every nation and every society has contributed some thing to this common pool of human knowledge. And it is not correct to negate contribution of any race or any people, or belittle their efforts.

This is a balanced approach to science and its true position and its strong points as well as its limitations.

Now coming to Theory of Evolution, in my view, this was a very Non Scientific approach from its very beginning!!

1. First of all, there was not sufficient data available to suggest any change from one specie to another. And there was no "pressing need" to make such a theory.

2. Then there was no rule or pattern why some species evolved and some did not evolve.

3. There was zero evidence of seeing this evolution of species in nature.

4. Read the book or Darwin, it is full of assumptions and half truths and saying things about which he had no knowledge.

5. It was a sort of "fictional writing" and not conforming to scientific method. It was "picked up" by Zealot Scientists, only because it gave them "some argument" to answer the religious people that "God created everything in this Universe"

6. So the Theory was formed first and then the data was collected to corroborate that theory.

And every type of trick and "cooking up evidence" and "ignoring evidence not conforming to the theory" was used to present it as a scientific theory.

7. And to say that TOE does not deal with beginning or origin of life is again misleading. Just calling it by a jargon name,(Abiogenesis) would not remove it from purview of TOE.

8. What happens to complex life forms, should also happen to simple life form and how they originated.

Seeing all in all, this TOE is a very non scientific theory and it is strange that majority of scientists call it a scientific theory.

It is illogical, unreasonable and not supported by fossil records.

Fossil records show the arrival of New species and extinction of old species, but NEVER transformation of one specie into another.

And some day these scientists would realize what sort of fools they ever supported such type of non sense.

PS:

I would expect a rejoinder from you. Please start this debate and let us see, what purpose has this TOE achieved from purely scientific point of view.

How many valuable hours and how much efforts have been wasted to justify this TOE and what are real accomplishments.
Elise Bagwasher

Santa Cruz, CA

#8410 Apr 7, 2013
That would be....
Need I say more.
Please don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 49 min WALKdaPLANK 224,822
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun 23 Drake_Burrwood 1
News Illogical Religious Positions? Jun 15 Looney Tunes 1
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 14 Davglix 107
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Jun 12 MakesUBeGone 2
Jesus Christ, the Son of God Jun 5 Son of man 1
HELP Wicca Covens in my area! (Jun '09) Jun 4 isis 63
More from around the web