Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8377 Apr 7, 2013
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you refuse to accept the tons of evidence for evolution, does not men you're correct in your childish assertions. Your butt is being kicked daily on these threads. You may deny iit, but you should probably wonder why everyone is laughing at you.
In your dreams evotwot now where is that evidence,......... still waiting.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8378 Apr 7, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
So if no human was there to record the events, it didn't happen. Hmmmpf ... so then your God could not have existed before humans did ... that much holds. But the sun was there long before humans were there to observe it. I think your method is very unscientific and proves nothing conclusively.
You were the one to have claimed to have "observed Evidence" are you going to post it or not, Do you even have any, do you even know any, Why don't you just post it, and shut me up for ever.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8379 Apr 7, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not dodging.
You are attempting to compare apples to oranges.
There is a difference between the two subjects, but you're too stupid to understand it, even though a monkey could.
I guess you're un-evolving.
You are right you did not dodge it hit you full on. Where is any of the 100% factual evidence you claim to have I am still waiting.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8380 Apr 7, 2013
Amelia DUBSTEP XStasy wrote:
Simple: Atheism is growing, but it will not replace religion. There will always be the religious sheeple out there versus sensible atheists.
The odd thing is I am yet to meet any "sensible atheists". WHERE ARE THEY

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#8381 Apr 7, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Written in January 1954 a little over a year before he died...
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text."
Albert Einstein
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/may/13...
Einstein's point in this letter is that he does not accept any interpretation of the "original texts" that argues Jews are "chosen people". I agree.

What's your point, bubba?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#8382 Apr 7, 2013
Now you're just pulling stuff right out of your christhole.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Einstein's point in this letter is that he does not accept any interpretation of the "original texts" that argues Jews are "chosen people". I agree.

What's your point, bubba?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#8383 Apr 7, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>You are right you did not dodge it hit you full on. Where is any of the 100% factual evidence you claim to have I am still waiting.
Again, troll, it's been presented, you simply are blind to it because you don't want to believe the facts.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8384 Apr 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't deserve liberty you are one sick small minded evotwot.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8385 Apr 7, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, troll, it's been presented, you simply are blind to it because you don't want to believe the facts.
Once again I guess your post with the 100% factual evidence must have been deleted because it is not here anywhere and I just looked to make sure. So be so kind as to post it again.
Lincoln

United States

#8387 Apr 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist logic :-)

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#8388 Apr 7, 2013
Well I was just stating the obvious. He lied and he knows it.

A really poor lie to boot.
<quoted text>You don't deserve liberty you are one sick small minded evotwot.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8389 Apr 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the answer it's the terminology.
Sodomy Queen Jade

Huntington, MA

#8390 Apr 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me how and why sodomy between two men is normal and natural. Thank you.
Lincoln

United States

#8391 Apr 7, 2013
Atheist East Germany is alive and thriving — or at least the household products of the former communist state still have their fans all over the world.
Here in this mail order business in Tangermuende, 100km west of Berlin, there are cardboard boxes stocked with products familiar only to former citizens of the German Democratic Republic (GDR).
ATA scouring powder, Huhn (hen) egg cups and Mekorna porridge, along with the blue-and-red scarves of the country’s scouting movement are on show for traders passing through the warehouse, inspecting long lists of orders for their clients.
The company has been doing good trade for the past 10 years on the basis of the wave of “Ostalgia” for products dating back to the simpler times of the communist era.
And the boom in “Made in GDR” products shows little sign of coming to an end.
The business has grown every year since it opened, bringing in a turnover of €1.2mn ($1.5mn) in 2012, up 11% on the year before.
Alongside the online shop there is also a GDR department store in the historic old city of Tangermuende, where the products are on sale.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#8392 Apr 7, 2013
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. The person who sees the whole visible universe and says, I would rather not look for answers, but would rather say "Goddidit"
If the answer to every question would have been "Goddidit", we would still be cowering in caves, thinking that lightning was the wrath of god.
Well it is still much better to say "God did it" for things which you cannot understand or explain, rather than saying "I do not know how it happened, but no God did it".

This shows you stupid you people are.

You deny that no God created it, when you have any irrefutable proof.

But Athiests deny the thing for which they have no proof, that is why they are the most stupid, unreasonable and illogical people on the face of this earth.

Is any thing unplanned in this Universe, is there any thing which is not following some laws and bound by it?

Who created these laws? Newton? Darwin or Einstein?

God did it is still a 100000 time better answer than saying "No God did not do it"!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#8393 Apr 7, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull Crap!! For starters, Classical Mechanics does not appear to apply to very small particles so you would declare the entire science invalid on that basis?? That would be pretty stupid.
Secondly, if your theory of "sky daddy diddit with pixie dust" were true then all theories of that nature would have to be the same. They aren't http://www.godchecker.com
I would not discredit science. Science is a tool , and every tool has its limitation.

If you use a wrong tool for the job, it is your problem not the problem of the tool.

Science is basically a set of rules which humans formed to explain and find out how things in nature are working.

As the knowledge of ours increase, we modify our rules and laws to keep pace with new facts observed.

This is positive aspect of science and no reasonable man denies it.

But when we start using science to say that "There is no Creator of this Universe"....we are indeed misusing science.

It is neither the job, nor the position and not the purpose of science to deal on these subjects.

Science gets a bad name for the over zealous behaviour of these Pseudo Scientists.

They put Sceince and religion as opponents of each other, while in reality there is no conflict between them. True Sceince and True religion always support each other.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#8394 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>Once again I guess your post with the 100% factual evidence must have been deleted because it is not here anywhere and I just looked to make sure. So be so kind as to post it again.
Again, you are blind to proof.
You lack the intelligence to see proof.
You can't find it because you don't want to.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#8395 Apr 7, 2013
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed in an isolated system like the multiverse. So, what need for an extra-cosmic god who creates from nothing. LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#8396 Apr 7, 2013
Explain the mechanism of creation from nothing.

Begin by defining nothing.

(smiles)
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8397 Apr 7, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are blind to proof.
You lack the intelligence to see proof.
You can't find it because you don't want to.
Oh dear diversions again, let me use simple language so you might understand.

POST YOUR 100% FACTUAL EVIDENCE TO PROVE EVOLUTION, YOU HAVE NOT YET DONE SO, THAT MEANS I COULD NOT POSSIBLY READ WHAT YOU HAVE NOT POSTED. There do you understand it this time. I am still waiting. You evotwots are ever so stupid constantly claiming that you have facts but never posting them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 min Dragnet52 254,837
News Curtis Brown column: Trick-or-Treat not to ever... (Oct '10) Sep 19 T Marie 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sep 14 Pariah 4,886
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Sep 14 Bob of Quantum-Faith 843
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... Sep 13 Philbert 23
Anyone still at this forum Aug '16 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug '16 Tekmoses 137
More from around the web