Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 405)

Showing posts 8,081 - 8,100 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why evolution has NOTHING to do with how life began? If a theory be true, it should be true for every part of it.
It is not correct to say that we do not care how life started, but when some specie was living on earth, our theory shall start from here?
If a theory is correct, it should explain and prove how the life did originate and then how it took so many different forms.
TOE is just a half philosophical and half scientific attempt to explain the abundance of life forms on this earth.
To call it a scientific theory is really insult of science.
All of this only shows you understand nothing of how science works. For example, Newton's theory of gravity was partially created to explain the motion of the planets. But it did not describe how the planets originated, only how they move once they were formed.

Quantum mechanics describes how electrons in atoms behave, but does not address how those electrons came into being. The germ theory of disease describes how bacteria and viruses produce disease, but does not address how those bacteria and viruses originated.

In fact, the vast majority of sciences do not address the question of the origin of their subjects, whether fluid mechanics that does not address the origin of fluids, to chemistry that does not address the origin of atoms, to thermodynamics, which does not address the origin of energy.

In fact, it is quite rare for a subject to address the origin of its subject until it is quite well developed and even then, the subject of origins may be a subject for a different area of science. So while chemistry addresses the behaviors of atoms and molecules, the origins of those atoms are a part of astrophysics. While fluid mechanics does not address the origin of fluids, chemistry (or even quantum physics) does.

So, the fact that evolution deals with how biological species change over time without also dealing with the question of their origins is quite common in science. Evolution is part of biology, and abiogenesis is more a part of organic chemistry.

That's how science works.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
CAN YOU EVEN READ!!!!!!!!!!
In response to your question about cave dwellers I responded “Cave dwellers YES they still exist today” and you take that as me saying I do not believe they ever existed.
CAN YOU EVEN READ!!!!!!!!!!
So answer the question, where did life begin in your little mind. By the way you are the first and only evolution worshipper that claim life did not begin.
You're just a very ignorant troll.
Thanks for replying with your registered account, I've seen you around.
This is where Poe's law comes in; you are obviously the parody.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again comparing a fact (Gravity) with a myth (evolution). When will you get it right.
And aging you mention these illusive facts or evolution, where are they please be so kind as to post just one. I am still waiting, one little 100% factual piece of evidence that prove that your lie is not a lie but a fact.
Again, they are both facts, and the theories of each explain how each work.

Your stupidity doesn't affect the facts.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about trying to dodge a bullet, guess what it still hit home.
It's not dodging.
You are attempting to compare apples to oranges.
There is a difference between the two subjects, but you're too stupid to understand it, even though a monkey could.
I guess you're un-evolving.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Atheisim will not be the downfall of our African American brothers!
Amelia DUBSTEP XStasy

Castle Rock, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Simple: Atheism is growing, but it will not replace religion. There will always be the religious sheeple out there versus sensible atheists.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a diversion, you are a godbot and hence uneducated. The result is that no matter what facts we post you incapible of comperhending.
You somehow expect that 150 years of work can be summed up in 25 words or less.
The thing you can do, aside from going back to school (if you ever went in the first place) is:-
The next time you go to the doctor demand that you are only treated with drugs produced by "creation science".
Yet more diversions form the "evotwot". Gor your information I do use only created medicines, natural products made by GOD no man made junk at all.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
It proves you are too lazy to read.
No evotwot it proves you are unable to post the 100% factual evidence I asked for, but then I never really expected you to because I know there is none, as do you if you were a honest person.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
If your reading comprehension is lacking that is your fault not ours. And we have no reason to wow you, evolution is observable fact like it or not.
Sorry you lack the IQ to understand or that your religion forbids you from accepting the truth but it is what it is.
Meanwhile you have not demonstrated one shred of proof for a god.
Checkmate.
<quoted text>
No foolish evotwot you have it all wrong once again. Your little evotwot brainwashed mind you from accepting the truth. But then I never expected you to.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
You had better take a look at the evidence. Welcome to the 21st century. YES, there is fossil evdence of transistional species. Buy a science book.
Ok so you claim evidence so post you 100% factual evidence, this is all I have been asking for, and yet I wait.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you refuse to accept the tons of evidence for evolution, does not men you're correct in your childish assertions. Your butt is being kicked daily on these threads. You may deny iit, but you should probably wonder why everyone is laughing at you.
In your dreams evotwot now where is that evidence,......... still waiting.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
So if no human was there to record the events, it didn't happen. Hmmmpf ... so then your God could not have existed before humans did ... that much holds. But the sun was there long before humans were there to observe it. I think your method is very unscientific and proves nothing conclusively.
You were the one to have claimed to have "observed Evidence" are you going to post it or not, Do you even have any, do you even know any, Why don't you just post it, and shut me up for ever.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not dodging.
You are attempting to compare apples to oranges.
There is a difference between the two subjects, but you're too stupid to understand it, even though a monkey could.
I guess you're un-evolving.
You are right you did not dodge it hit you full on. Where is any of the 100% factual evidence you claim to have I am still waiting.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Amelia DUBSTEP XStasy wrote:
Simple: Atheism is growing, but it will not replace religion. There will always be the religious sheeple out there versus sensible atheists.
The odd thing is I am yet to meet any "sensible atheists". WHERE ARE THEY

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Written in January 1954 a little over a year before he died...
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text."
Albert Einstein
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/may/13...
Einstein's point in this letter is that he does not accept any interpretation of the "original texts" that argues Jews are "chosen people". I agree.

What's your point, bubba?

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Now you're just pulling stuff right out of your christhole.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Einstein's point in this letter is that he does not accept any interpretation of the "original texts" that argues Jews are "chosen people". I agree.

What's your point, bubba?

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>You are right you did not dodge it hit you full on. Where is any of the 100% factual evidence you claim to have I am still waiting.
Again, troll, it's been presented, you simply are blind to it because you don't want to believe the facts.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't deserve liberty you are one sick small minded evotwot.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, troll, it's been presented, you simply are blind to it because you don't want to believe the facts.
Once again I guess your post with the 100% factual evidence must have been deleted because it is not here anywhere and I just looked to make sure. So be so kind as to post it again.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist logic :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,081 - 8,100 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 hr bmz 193,603
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... 13 hr PINCH111 57
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) 20 hr Jumper The Wise 75
The Easter message is the Resurrection not the ... 22 hr Sol 1
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Fri Lmhw 9
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) Thu PINCH111 284
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... Thu PINCH111 5
•••
•••