Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
8,061 - 8,080 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#8349 Apr 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
CAN YOU EVEN READ!!!!!!!!!!
In response to your question about cave dwellers I responded “Cave dwellers YES they still exist today” and you take that as me saying I do not believe they ever existed.
So answer the question, where did life begin in your little mind. By the way you are the first and only evolution worshipper that claim life did not begin.
Ah, there you are, Colon!

Nottingham, UK

#8350 Apr 7, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
It proves you are too lazy to read.
Absolutely.

He also has problems counting.

You only have to look at the Hebrew scriptures to see that when it came to counting the legs on insects, the god of the Jews didn't trust his followers to count past four.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#8351 Apr 7, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't mean it's named after the maniac god that stalks the pages of the Bible.
... and yet the "elusiveness" and the "villainous nature and the expense it is causing" do seem consistent with the fictional Bible God's relationship with humanity.

Nottingham, UK

#8352 Apr 7, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>... and yet the "elusiveness" and the "villainous nature and the expense it is causing" do seem consistent with the fictional Bible God's relationship with humanity.
Lol

Yes, I did afford myself a guffaw at that one.

Mind you, the way the evidence is currently stacking up, the Higgs-Boson particle may be coming somewhat less elusive.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/hav...
Imhotep

Hernando, FL

#8353 Apr 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I call atheists close minded, because even after seeing this whole universe before them....they say "it came by itself".
Will any one be more idiotic than these people?
Now this is a simple question with a very simple answer!

all theists are delusional they dream of a ridiculous things in an imaginary paradise without the single thought of reason logic or common sense..

Idiotic Is a perfect definition of posters and enter an atheist forum and preach.

Don't you have anything better to do... like attend church for chrissake?

“A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.”~Saul Bellow

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#8354 Apr 7, 2013
Lol :))
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>... and yet the "elusiveness" and the "villainous nature and the expense it is causing" do seem consistent with the fictional Bible God's relationship with humanity.

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

#8355 Apr 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I call atheists close minded, because even after seeing this whole universe before them....they say "it came by itself".
Will any one be more idiotic than these people?
Yup. The person who sees the whole visible universe and says, I would rather not look for answers, but would rather say "Goddidit"

If the answer to every question would have been "Goddidit", we would still be cowering in caves, thinking that lightning was the wrath of god.

Orefield, PA

#8356 Apr 7, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Things change over time yes, things are born and things die but change has never brought a new species nor has it ever added anything of use to any DNA. Change is adaptation an inbuilt design feature. Not evolution as believed to have formed new species.
You had better take a look at the evidence. Welcome to the 21st century. YES, there is fossil evdence of transistional species. Buy a science book.

Orefield, PA

#8357 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
"Colon" ???????
I have never been on any evolution thread, nor has anyone here or anywhere else Kicked my proverbial, many have tired but none have even reached my ankles. Why do you want to try again, can you get you little foot high enough. I don't think so.
The fact that you refuse to accept the tons of evidence for evolution, does not men you're correct in your childish assertions. Your butt is being kicked daily on these threads. You may deny iit, but you should probably wonder why everyone is laughing at you.

Orefield, PA

#8358 Apr 7, 2013
Addressed to all those who claim evolution is a fact.
Why will no one post the 100% factual evidence that will once and for all prove the claim that evolution is a fact, as so many have claimed.
I am still waiting.
All you have to do is look. You have the entire internet with all of it's resources, and you are claiming you haven't seen any evidence? You are like a person standing on the corner with his eyes closes screaming "why won't anyone look at me!!!" The fossil record alone proves evolution. You can lead an idiot to the facts, but you can't make him believe them.

Orefield, PA

#8359 Apr 7, 2013
Come on LACEZ answer the questions:
So where did the micro bacteria come form, in your analogy what laid the egg.
Why don't you admit it you believe it rained on the rock, the rain formed a puddle and out sprang life.
Why do you divert so much I guess you just don't have to power of you convictions.
If he said that an invisible sky pixie 'poofed' them into existance, would that be an acceptable answer for you? LOL!! I always have to laugh when you creationists insist that everyone else follow rules, that you don't follow. LOL!!!

Orefield, PA

#8360 Apr 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again comparing a fact (Gravity) with a myth (evolution). When will you get it right.
And aging you mention these illusive facts or evolution, where are they please be so kind as to post just one. I am still waiting, one little 100% factual piece of evidence that prove that your lie is not a lie but a fact.
SO you deny the thousands upon thousands of fossils that clearly prove evolution? You deny radiometric dating? Please go to a website that explains evolution, and come back and tell me why it is a myth. I can CERTAINLY explain why your Bib;e god is a myth.

Oh, by the way... Even if you were correct(which you are tragically not), and evolution was wrong, it does not mean your god is real. I would still be an atheist, because atheism is simply a lack of belief in a god.(For my part, that lack of belief is based on a lack of evidence). Atheism does not require an acceptance of evolution.

Orefield, PA

#8361 Apr 7, 2013
That is all I have been asking for too. One bit of proof, one thing that proves evolution is a fact.
Here is a webpage for you to look at.

If you can refute anything here, let me know. I doubt you will even click on the link, but here you are.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/evolutionpr...

Orefield, PA

#8362 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Posting a link to some biology books does not present a single fact proving evolution.
So where is that one bit of 100% factual evidence I asked for. You don't need a book just the one little piece that will WOW me. I still don't see one.
Back to the b lind man on the corner shouting I see.
I didn't want to have to post this, but....

I have it here at my house. Just come on over and see it.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#8363 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
So where is this observation who was there when the first live 'evolved' to observe it, who was walking around '25 million' years ago taking notes.
There you go again claiming gravity is only a theory, what a crock.
Once again I am still waiting for these facts to be posted. Where are they, they seem a bit illusive.
So if no human was there to record the events, it didn't happen. Hmmmpf ... so then your God could not have existed before humans did ... that much holds. But the sun was there long before humans were there to observe it. I think your method is very unscientific and proves nothing conclusively.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#8364 Apr 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
.... If a theory be true, it should be true for every part of it.
Bull Crap!! For starters, Classical Mechanics does not appear to apply to very small particles so you would declare the entire science invalid on that basis?? That would be pretty stupid.

Secondly, if your theory of "sky daddy diddit with pixie dust" were true then all theories of that nature would have to be the same. They aren't http://www.godchecker.com

Nottingham, UK

#8366 Apr 7, 2013
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
SO you deny the thousands upon thousands of fossils that clearly prove evolution? You deny radiometric dating? Please go to a website that explains evolution, and come back and tell me why it is a myth. I can CERTAINLY explain why your Bib;e god is a myth.
Oh, by the way... Even if you were correct(which you are tragically not), and evolution was wrong, it does not mean your god is real. I would still be an atheist, because atheism is simply a lack of belief in a god.(For my part, that lack of belief is based on a lack of evidence). Atheism does not require an acceptance of evolution.
Colon thinks the whole fossil trail is his god having some fun by tricking us.

No doubt he gives himself a daily self-congratulatory pat on the back for being so astute as not to fall for his god's trickery.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#8367 Apr 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why evolution has NOTHING to do with how life began? If a theory be true, it should be true for every part of it.
It is not correct to say that we do not care how life started, but when some specie was living on earth, our theory shall start from here?
If a theory is correct, it should explain and prove how the life did originate and then how it took so many different forms.
TOE is just a half philosophical and half scientific attempt to explain the abundance of life forms on this earth.
To call it a scientific theory is really insult of science.
All of this only shows you understand nothing of how science works. For example, Newton's theory of gravity was partially created to explain the motion of the planets. But it did not describe how the planets originated, only how they move once they were formed.

Quantum mechanics describes how electrons in atoms behave, but does not address how those electrons came into being. The germ theory of disease describes how bacteria and viruses produce disease, but does not address how those bacteria and viruses originated.

In fact, the vast majority of sciences do not address the question of the origin of their subjects, whether fluid mechanics that does not address the origin of fluids, to chemistry that does not address the origin of atoms, to thermodynamics, which does not address the origin of energy.

In fact, it is quite rare for a subject to address the origin of its subject until it is quite well developed and even then, the subject of origins may be a subject for a different area of science. So while chemistry addresses the behaviors of atoms and molecules, the origins of those atoms are a part of astrophysics. While fluid mechanics does not address the origin of fluids, chemistry (or even quantum physics) does.

So, the fact that evolution deals with how biological species change over time without also dealing with the question of their origins is quite common in science. Evolution is part of biology, and abiogenesis is more a part of organic chemistry.

That's how science works.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#8368 Apr 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
In response to your question about cave dwellers I responded “Cave dwellers YES they still exist today” and you take that as me saying I do not believe they ever existed.
So answer the question, where did life begin in your little mind. By the way you are the first and only evolution worshipper that claim life did not begin.
You're just a very ignorant troll.
Thanks for replying with your registered account, I've seen you around.
This is where Poe's law comes in; you are obviously the parody.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#8369 Apr 7, 2013
Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again comparing a fact (Gravity) with a myth (evolution). When will you get it right.
And aging you mention these illusive facts or evolution, where are they please be so kind as to post just one. I am still waiting, one little 100% factual piece of evidence that prove that your lie is not a lie but a fact.
Again, they are both facts, and the theories of each explain how each work.

Your stupidity doesn't affect the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 26 min Shamma 201,363
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... 14 hr weez 1
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) 15 hr christy 502
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••