Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#8248 Apr 5, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I think of myself as the agnostic type. Which I think more is about saying that we cannot know if there is a God or not, cause you cannot prove or disprove something which is a) invisible, and b) silent.
Some days I can be more of a deist, and like to think that something may exist out there, and others hear something on the news or whatever, and think that there cannot possibly be a God.
What I am confident on after a lot of research is that the Abrahamic Christian God as described in the Bible is man cruel and made.
Food for thought: Even with the best seats on the planet and state of the art optics, less than 1% of the universe is visible to the human eye and far far less than that to the human ear. The other 99% is both " a) invisible, and b) silent " Do you really believe that means the existence of the universe cannot be proved or disproved?
Lincoln

United States

#8249 Apr 5, 2013
See no signs that atheism will replace religion.
Country is secular by the constitution with many exceptions.

UK is different
UK atheist pay taxes to the church?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#8250 Apr 5, 2013
Then how did ancient man with feces running down his leg observe god?
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Food for thought: Even with the best seats on the planet and state of the art optics, less than 1% of the universe is visible to the human eye and far far less than that to the human ear. The other 99% is both " a) invisible, and b) silent " Do you really believe that means the existence of the universe cannot be proved or disproved?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#8251 Apr 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Then how did ancient man with feces running down his leg observe god?
<quoted text>
My first guess would be the same way you manage to type words on a keyboard with feces for brains, bubba.

Lexington, KY

#8252 Apr 5, 2013
They used their fingers on god?

Ewwwwww you have some strange fantasies there!

Jesus got fingered!

Bwahahahahahahahbahahahahahaha hahabahahahaha!
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>My first guess would be the same way you manage to type words on a keyboard with feces for brains, bubba.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8253 Apr 5, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet another lie. You just can't help yourself, can you?
Professor Flew taught Analytical Philosophy and Evidentialism at Oxford, both of which have been classified as sciences since Bertrand Russell's time and are required courses for anyone seeking a science degree.
<quoted text>
Yeah. Whitehead's Theory of Actual Occasion, Jung's Theory of Synchronicity, Quantum Entanglement Theory, Gaia Theory....
Ah, you're a new ager. Why didn't you just say so?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8254 Apr 5, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Since 1996 .. it has been Science Against Evolution's objective to make the general public aware that the theory of evolution is not consistent with physical evidence and is no longer a respectable theory describing the origin and diversity of life ... When we talk about "evolution" .. we don't mean .. "any kind of change." .. Nor do we mean minor variations that result from natural selection ... We use the term "evolution" to mean ..“The doctrine that unguided natural forces caused chemicals to combine in such a way that life resulted .. and that all living things have descended from that common ancestral form of life.”........ http://www.ic r
Your source (liars for Jesus) openly admits it doesn't care about science and that evidence is irrelevant.

What's the "scientific theory" of IDC?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8255 Apr 5, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Communists were the "Real Atheists" that ruled the world and every one knows how cruel, barbaric and mass killers they were....of their own people usually.
Our Capitalist Atheists are only a bunch of loose thread types of fellows, who have no philosophy, no central thought and no idea of how an Atheist society should function.
They are united on a negative point, there is no god and there is no religion. Nothing positive in their places.
How can they create a civilization, with only Negaives? No one did that in the past.
Oh, hey there Moiz. Thought you ran away to Scribd?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8256 Apr 5, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Theists in denial.
Atheist crimes in the 20th and 21st century are well known
Your god destroyed the world and is due to do the same thing again. Sorry bub, but there ain't getting around the fact that the entity described in the OT and NT is the biggest ahole in the entire multiverse.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#8257 Apr 5, 2013
Look back in history on all the powerful nations lead by self-confessed Atheists.

They all self destructed out of vanity and greed.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#8258 Apr 5, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar
Nice use of that quote.
The only problem is that it doesn't really apply to this situation.
You aren't "catching" anyone in any sense of the word.

Montreal

#8259 Apr 5, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Even he doesn't know. He means the genetic code, however the code (A,C,G,T) is an arbitrary concept developed by humans to help us describe the chemical compounds of DNA, a fact recorded by over six decades of medical research. He claims there is another "code", apparently invented by an invisible magical Jewish wizard, used to create all life on Earth. This might even be true.
He just never bothers to give us the scientific evidence.
Ah.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#8260 Apr 5, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, hey there Moiz. Thought you ran away to Scribd?
I did not ran away to anywhere. I have posted on scribd as I have done on these threads.

Always to be on service, should you need any info on Islam and its teachings.

Montreal

#8261 Apr 5, 2013
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
I fear you are correct. BUT, every now and then, you find someone who is honest enough to really look.
Yes, but not people like that "Kidding" guy.

Lexington, KY

#8262 Apr 5, 2013
Except you never answer questions. Tell us why you personally support Muslim child brides.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>I did not ran away to anywhere. I have posted on scribd as I have done on these threads.

Always to be on service, should you need any info on Islam and its teachings.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#8263 Apr 6, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Except you never answer questions. Tell us why you personally support Muslim child brides.
<quoted text>
I answer sincere questions and queries on Islam and Islamic teachings. I avoid questions from those who are of closed minds and you are a prime example of such persons.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8264 Apr 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I answer sincere questions and queries on Islam and Islamic teachings. I avoid questions from those who are of closed minds and you are a prime example of such persons.
You call atheists "closed minded", but you're so open minded that your brain has fallen out.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8265 Apr 6, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
See no signs that atheism will replace religion.
Country is secular by the constitution with many exceptions.
UK is different
UK atheist pay taxes to the church?
We're all stupid on some level. I am the first to admit I am stupid when it comes to ornithology or archeology or art history.

But theists are stupid on such a a colossal scale that they totally misconcieve their understanding of the very universe they live in.

That's the mental illness - it is all consuming.

United States

#8266 Apr 6, 2013
Us civilized people think forcing little girls to be child brides is a serious query. You do approve of the practice yes?

This is an Islamic teaching is it not? Muhammad married a 6 year old child did he not?

Yes he did and you know it. This is a factual Islamic teaching and you know it.

Why do you fear to answer questions about your Islamic beliefs? I thought that was what you wanted to do?

Help us understand why you think the practice of Muslim child brides is acceptable.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>I answer sincere questions and queries on Islam and Islamic teachings. I avoid questions from those who are of closed minds and you are a prime example of such persons.

Lexington, KY

#8267 Apr 6, 2013
Atheist Angelina Jolie pledges $200,000 to The Malala Fund.

This money will go to save and educate young girls age 5-12, who are currently forced into domestic work rather than attending school.

“Today I’m going to announce the happiest moment of my life and that is the first grant of the Malala fund," said Yousafzai. "We are going to educate 40 girls, and I want all of you to support the Malala fund and let us turn 40 girls into 40 million girls."

http://shine.yahoo.com/women-in-the-world/ang...
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr Homer 207,660
The Storm Clan (Jun '07) Sat Terry Hiltibidal 3
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Dec 22 thefinestallmoved... 18
torn sash Dec 21 Wanderinsoul 1
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov '14 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov '14 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov '14 GordonM 1
More from around the web