Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8031 Apr 4, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm saying that idiots like you think that evolution is tied to atheism somehow. That's why you vomit out your ignorance to atheists and honestly believe you have posed the ultimate gotcha question to those smart aleck atheists. When the only thing you have done is knock over all the chess pieces and sh!t on the chessboard.
The only kink between atheism and evolution is ignorance. Proved 100% by the language you use in your posts.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8032 Apr 4, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean your deluded fantasy-reality.
You keep getting mixed up.
Donkeys don't talk in reality, in your delusional mind they do.
It's funny how you think you live in reality.
One donkey talked by the power of GOD no problem, lets look at you deluded mindset, it rained and formed a puddle and out of said puddle life sprung able to mate with.... wait of it a second life form genetically close enough to mate. HAHAHA what a deluded mind evolutionist have.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8033 Apr 4, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
No science will give you 100% proof
The best that science does is to provide theories which represent our very best explanations.
Science has provided many theories to explain observable phenomena.
How many theories? I don't know - probably many thousands.
You know what?
Not one of those theories has used magic as an explanation.
No science will give you 100% proof for evolution I agree you cannot prove a myth with science.

No one uses magic as an explanation just myth, extrapolation and guess work.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8034 Apr 4, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nullius in verba"
It's Latin. It means "On the word of no one" or "Take nobody's word for it".
It's also the motto of the Royal Society which was one of the very earliest scientific institutes.
It's all about rejecting authority; especially inane ramblings of late Iron Age goat herders.
So why do you and the RS not reject Darwin's lies.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8035 Apr 4, 2013
Kesla15 wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally my belief in evolution has nothing to do with my agnostic beliefs.
Because I see evolution as fact, there is proof all around us, even if you look at parent-child relationships you can see how the child mimics the phenotype of his / her parents.
As an agnostic, yes I say that the Bible COULD be correct, but I also believe it COULD be wrong. I'm not convinced enough either way so I just don't follow atheism or christianity. However, I do lean more towards athiesm than chrisianity, because the concept of a Bible created around 2000 years ago, by human beings, that supposedly explains the meaning of life, DOES seem a bit too farfetched.
You should go back beyond the 2000 year mark, the Torah was written way beyond that.

I am fascinated why you would think family dynamics prove evolution. Very odd thing to say.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#8036 Apr 4, 2013
'He who's name we shall not speak'through his wisdom will deside the path of relgion in America,and soon the world.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8038 Apr 4, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
He who's name we shall not speak'
Oh, come-on !!... speak his name .. what you got to hide

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#8039 Apr 4, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
No science will give you 100% proof for evolution I agree you cannot prove a myth with science.
No science will give you 100% proof for anything.

Be it gravity, atomic structure, thermodynamics, magnetism, evolution, etc.

When you reject science and substitute it with gods, demons, monsters, giants, etc, you're using magic.

Watford, UK

#8040 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Because TOE represents the best explanation we've got.

Far better than the idea of every single species of flora and fauna being poofed into existence by magic.

Watford, UK

#8041 Apr 4, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
'He who's name we shall not speak'through his wisdom will deside the path of relgion in America,and soon the world.
That's "whose".
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8042 Apr 4, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Evolution is factual science with mountains of observable data to back it up.
<quoted text>
And yet none has been produced here to prove you right. PITY. I wonder why.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8043 Apr 4, 2013
Oh, but you can't rule it out ....

Only intelligence can beget intelligence
Thinking

UK

#8044 Apr 4, 2013
Prove it.
His-truth wrote:
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#8045 Apr 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Oh, but you can't rule it out ....
If that were the case then your God needs a creator. But you will continue to hypocritically ignore that.

If you recall I already demonstrated that intelligence only ever arises via natural biological means. But you will continue to hypocritically ignore that too.

What's the "scientific theory" of IDC?

Yep, you will continue to ignore that too.

Now is probably a good time for you to spam some more religious apologetics because you are incapable of forming an articulate arguement even though you won't even have a clue what the apologetics is talking about anyway even though they're on YOUR side.

Seriously, you give Chuck Idemi a run for his money.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8046 Apr 4, 2013
can a rock or a puddle of water produce code ??.. Y/N
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#8047 Apr 4, 2013

And scientific testing which confirms evolution correct.
He didn't lie. Evolution might be wrong, but that's not the same thing. However so far not a single fundie on the planet has been able to falsify evolution.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8048 Apr 4, 2013
If that were the case then your God needs a creator

one revelation at a time ... grasshopper

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8049 Apr 4, 2013

give an example
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8050 Apr 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Hay, come on mate they claim billions of years too so it goes like this: Rain + rock =(puddle + billions of years)= Life.

What a joke.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#8051 Apr 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And scientific testing which confirms evolution correct.
<quoted text>
He didn't lie. Evolution might be wrong, but that's not the same thing. However so far not a single fundie on the planet has been able to falsify evolution.
Ok let me take a step backwards once again, and see if you can do what no one else has: Post proof that evolution is factual. After all you said "scientific testing which confirms evolution correct" so you must be able to prove it.

As for Darwin lying, YES he did he claimed humans evolved form apes that is a lie, he claimed that a moth changing colour was evolution when it was pollution. ALL LIES, oh dear there I just proved it wrong once again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 252,861
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 22 hr emperorjohn 4,483
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun 25 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
More from around the web